Comet2005 is a very affordable Job Cost / Accounting solution, designed exclusively for the construction industry. Whether you are doing one job or as many as 2500 jobs per year, our software can handle all of your job cost tracking and accounting needs. The powerful features of the software allow you to control all aspects of your construction business with a simple, easy-to-use interface.
The software allows you to input data simply and efficiently, and then generate reports with as little or as much detail as you want. Solid data helps you identify areas where you are losing money, areas that are routinely over your estimates and in general, just gives you the information you need to make better decisions. With the right tools, any job is made easier.
The core Comet2005 package includes the Job Cost, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Bank Reconciliation modules to get you off to a great start in organizing your financials. As your business needs grow, you can easily add optional modules, such as Purchase Order, Payroll, Accounts Receivable or Warranty Management.
The following outlines some features of each of the modules:
- Multi-company capability - up to 99 companies
- True multi-user network solution, up to 20 workstations
- Password security at function level
- Export reports to Excel or Word documents
- Reports may be directed to the screen or printer
- Detail and summary reports at the touch of a button
- Laser check and report printing
Extensive vendor tracking system includes worker’s compensation insurance information and expiration dates, open item aging reports, year-to-date purchases, 1099s and detail check history.
The Accounts Payable module is fully integrated with the Job Cost, Purchase Order and General Ledger modules. Extensive vendor tracking includes insurance information and expiration dates, phone numbers, email addresses, year-to-date purchases and 1099 information. Detailed aging reports show up to the minute detailed information at your fingertips.
- Fast, efficient invoice entry screen
- Multi-User invoice entry screen
- Automatic worker’s compensation expiration warning
- Automatic general liability insurance expiration warning
- Duplicate invoices rejected automatically
- Each invoice can have unlimited distributions
- Simple void check and void invoice routines
- Warning for over charges on committed contract prices
- Automatic warning when purchase exceeds your job cost estimate
- Warning of missing 1099 and social security information
- Invoices can be entered and posted in real time or in batches
- Allows flexible payment terms
- Automatically displays job-to-date costs and the over/under estimated cost
- Bank reconciliation program
Check Writing Features
- Payment selection by vendor or invoice
- Printed checks in vendor number or vendor name sequence
- Laser checks, either single or multi-part checks with detail voucher
- Print overflow detail on plain paper to avoid wasting expensive check stock
- Recurring charges, set up once and pay automatically
- Unlimited number of checking accounts
- Discounts and worker’s compensation are calculated automatically
- Voided check audit trail
- Vendor phone book
- Worker’s compensation insurance expiration reporting
- General liability insurance expiration reporting
- 1099 form printing
- Open item aging in summary or detailed formats
- Cash flow forecast
- Weekly cash requirements
- Purchases journal provides daily audit trail
- Cost over estimate shows daily over charges
- Check register in detailed or summary, by vendor or by job
- Vendor year-to-date purchases
- Print mailing and file folder labels
- Print rolodex cards
Allows easy entry and tracking of invoice payments by customer and by job. Reporting includes invoicing, summary and detail aging reports, billing reports by job, payments by job and monthly statements.
The Accounts Receivable module is fully integrated with the Job Cost and General Ledger modules. Invoices can be entered, posted and printed very quickly using the simple invoice entry screen. The detailed aging report can be printed by customer, dates, project or job.
- Invoices can be entered and printed on an as-needed basis, individually or in batches
- A billing category file can be set up to recall standard items and unit prices
- Automatically calculates extensions for invoicing
- As invoices, payments and credits are entered, the software automatically posts appropriate general ledger entries
- Unlimited comments can be included during invoice entry
- Open item aging in detailed or summary formats
- Billing history by job
- Payment history by job
- Recurring charges
- Sales tax reports
- Customer phone book
- Mailing labels
Provides summary financial information when needed, with detail information just a simple mouse-click away. Each company has a separate chart of accounts that can be built from a master chart of accounts or copied from another company. The user can format the standard financial statements to a variety of formats, as well as set up supporting schedules to provide more detailed information used in the analysis of Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts. As needed, each job is tracked by work-in-process, earnest money received, loan draws made, and cost of construction. When a job is closed, click a single “Closed” button and the proper accounting entries are made for you automatically.
The General Ledger module is the core of the software. All of the accounting modules in the software interface with the General Ledger, allowing access to up-to-the-minute detailed financial information so that your day-to-day decisions are faster and smarter. It delivers what you need, when you need it.
- Security features allow controlled access to various functions
- Unlimited number of years can be retained
- Prior period entries allowed at any time during the year
- Ability to print financials for any prior period
- User-defined chart of accounts or default list provided
- Full year comparative or budgetary financials
- New accounts can be added on-the-fly
- Maintains complete audit trails of all transactions and adjustments
- Provides inquiry to examine balance history by month and transaction detail
- Financials include percentage variances of total sales and percent of change
- Tracks work-in-process, earnest money retained, construction loans, cost of construction and construction revenue by job
- When setting up or closing jobs in Job Cost, the general ledger is updated automatically
- Account lookup by name or number
- All reporting is date sensitive, so financials can be run daily, if needed
- Allows a date range selection of trial balance and general ledger reports
- Journal entry list
- Trial balance
- General ledger detail
- Balance sheet
- Net change balance sheet
- Income statement
- Supporting schedules
- Comparative income statement
- Budgetary income statement
Primary features begin with the simplicity, flexibility and quickness of setting up new Job Cost records. Once preliminary job files are set up, an automatic job setup feature allows you to set up additional jobs and estimates in minutes. A variety of reports provide management with decision-making tools for Job Cost monitoring and future cost controls.
Primary features of the Job Cost module begin with simplicity, flexibility, and quickness of setting up new job cost records. Once preliminary job files are set up, an automatic job setup feature will allow you to set up additional jobs in a matter of minutes. Cost dollars and units can be entered directly to the job cost files or automatically passed from the Accounts Payable or Payroll modules. A wide variety of reports provide management with decision-making tools for current job cost monitoring and future cost controls. The Job Cost module allows you to categorize jobs into logical groups that are custom-fit for your specific needs.
- User-defined job cost categories
- Ability to copy estimates or actual costs from one job to another
- Track change orders for each job by cost phase
- Historical cost estimating
- Track quantities of material and labor hours
- Special entry screen for lot closings, home closings, loan draws, cash receipts and equipment cost allocations
- Accounts payable automatically captures and transfers costs and units of material to the job cost database
- Payroll automatically captures labor costs and hours and transfers the data to the job cost database
- Over 150 job cost reports available
- Job costs by phase, materials, subcontractor or labor
- Projected final costs summary
- Job costs per square foot
- Job cost comparison allows comparing up to seven similar jobs and shows average costs
- Job-to-date detail for all cost items
- Vendor audit report in detailed or summary formats
- Construction loan draw status
- Billings versus costs-to-date
- Job cost by job plan
- Job-to-date detail graphs
Developed specifically for the construction industry. Reporting features include viewing reports by date ranges, employee number and in detailed or summary reports.
The Payroll module interfaces with the Job Cost and General Ledger modules. Payroll can be installed and payroll checks written at any time during the year. The system allows up to ten benefits/deductions per employee and covers most common types found in the construction industry.
- Charge labor costs across multiple jobs by employee.
- Set up salary employees on a recurring basis so you won’t have to enter their information each pay period.
- Tracks sick, vacation and holiday pay with ease.
- Federal tax table updates provided by Comet.
- Up to 10 deductions per employee can be set up as fixed amounts or percentages.
- Deductions can be set up to deduct hourly, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly.
- Check register by check number, date or employee.
- Payroll journal in summary or detailed formats can be generated by month, quarter or year-to-date.
- Labor distribution report by employee, job number or job cost phase.
- Employee phone book.
- Employee address book.
Provides the ultimate control of jobs, suppliers and subcontractors. Includes the tools necessary to quickly and efficiently instruct subcontractors and suppliers as to the products and services you need. Prices and quantities of material are confirmed in writing. Detailed instructions help eliminate finger-pointing and save you money.
The Purchase Order module provides complete control over your purchases and integrates fully with the Comet2005 Accounts Payable and Job Cost modules. As purchase order receipts are entered, the Accounts Payable files are updated automatically to eliminate manual entries. The price book included with the software provides a default list of material items. These items can easily be modified and new items can be added as needed to conform to your specific type of construction.
As Price Book items are entered, the description and unit price are recalled, but may be manually overridden. As purchase orders are accepted and printed, the software tracks the status of each purchase order and each line item. When prices vary or are unknown, a quote request can be printed, faxed, or emailed to your supplier.
- Easy to use entry screen
- Ability to copy, print, delete or void purchase orders
- Track purchase orders by number, date, vendor or job
- Quickly copy POs from one job to another
- Automatically updates Accounts Payable invoice data to eliminate manual entry of invoices
- Quote request form
- Purchase order register by project, job or vendor
- Purchase orders billed-to-date by project, job or vendor
- Variance report in detailed or summary formats
- Open purchase order listing by project, job or vendor
- Purchase order schedule listing
- Purchase order estimate listing
Tracks service calls, repair orders and warranty expiration dates. Assigns work orders to suppliers, subcontractors, or employees, as they are received. Reporting includes work order and service call schedules. Warranty Tracking interfaces with the Job Cost and Accounts Payable modules automatically.
This module makes you the hero with new homeowners and subcontractors. Once a job is sold, the warranty management module retrieves the job cost information required for tracking warranty expiration dates and warranty service calls (“punch list”). The information tracked includes detailed information about the owner, including address, phone number, spouse, directions to house, personal notes about owner, etc.
- Tracks all client details including primary and secondary contact, address, phone and fax numbers and warranty expiration dates.
- Easy entry of punch list or work items.
- Allows free-format description of any reported warranty items.
- Assign unlimited work items to any subcontractor or internal employee.
- Email work orders directly to your subcontractors or employees.
- Integrates with the Comet2005 Job Cost module or can run as a stand-alone product.
- Reporting by vendor, job, or customer contact in summary or detailed formats.
- Detailed lists of work orders and work items.
- Detailed schedule of work items to be completed, based on requested work dates.
- Vendor analysis report showing average number of days needed to complete assigned work items.
- Charge back report that can be used to enter charge backs into your A/P system.
Reviews of Comet2005 Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use Comet2005? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!