SYMPAQ SQL cost accounting is the result of Aldebaron’s years of experience with servicing government contractors and not-for-profits. SYMPAQ SQL has all of the power and capability you need to report cost data on government contracts. SYMPAQ SQL is built from the ground up to use the latest in database technology.
- Total scalability: SYMPAQ SQL’s feature set allows government contractors to grow rapidly. SYMPAQ SQL will always fit your cost accounting needs, now and in the future.
- Function-based modules: Each module corresponds with a distinct area of cost accounting,
- Flexible structures: SYMPAQ SQL offers a wealth of possibilities and options for defining contracts, tasks, and chart of accounts.
- Compliance with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) guidelines: SYMPAQ SQL is fully compliant with all of the cost accounting guidelines specified on Standard Form 1408 (Accounting System Evaluation Checklist).
- A powerful, reliable database: We use Microsoftýs SQL Server to provide the power, speed, and stability that government contractors need for their cost accounting databases.
- Full ODBC capability: SYMPAQ SQL’s database interacts smoothly with a host of other advanced Windows reporting applications.
- User-friendly setup: Time spent on implementation is literally money. When it comes to cost accounting software, both speed and reliable results are essential.
Accounts Payable Module
SYMPAQ SQL’s Accounts Payable module provides on-line vendor and voucher tracking and complete integration to the General Ledger and the Job Cost Ledger (where applicable). The Accounts Payable module provides extensive reporting and inquiry capabilities.
Accounts Payable Features
- Vendor information: Define vendors with multiple addresses and contact information
- Tracks subcontract labor: Allows entry of both hours and dollars
- Unlimited distribution lines per voucher: No need to break invoices into multiple entries
- Selects 1099 eligibility by line item: Automatically defaults by vendor status
- Selects vouchers for payment: Immediately, when due, deferred, full, or partial amounts
- Checks: Prints system-generated checks and records manual checks
Accounts Receivable Module
SYMPAQ SQL’s Accounts Receivable module maintains customer/client data and is fully integrated with the General Ledger and Billing & Revenue modules.
Accounts Receivable Features
- Client information: Defines clients with multiple addresses and contact information
- Invoices: Prepares automatically or via manual entry with unit price, extended price, shipping & handling, etc.
- Sales tax: Automatically calculates state and local taxes
- Finance charges: Applies user-defined amounts with any frequency
- Receivable aging: By client or contract, with or without retainage
- Cash receipts: Automatically creates cash receipts and ties them to a deposit slip
ADP Payroll Interface
ADP Payroll Interface Features
SYMPAQ SQL’s ADP payroll interface provides one-step export of time & attendance data to the ADP system. The ADP payroll interface maps your company’s employee and earnings category codes to those of ADP, to ensure accurate reporting and eliminate the need for duplicate data entry.
Billing & Revenue Module
SYMPAQ SQL’s Billing & Revenue module is where all the time and expense of your contract or grant culminates in the generation of your client/customer invoice.
Billing & Revenue Features
- Multiple billing formats: CPFF, T&M, Labor Hour, Firm Fixed Price, and Percent Completion
- Calculates withholding: Retainage computed at the withholding ceiling or as a recurring amount
- Scheduled billings: Defines frequency, number of times to run, start dates, and end dates
- Selects projects to bill: Bills projects, tasks, cost elements, and individual transactions
- Applies burdens: Allows application of indirect costs and fees
Cash Management Module
SYMPAQ SQL’s Cash Management module provides complete reporting for unlimited bank accounts. All cash transactions are processed through this module. SYMPAQ SQL tracks cash receipts and bank deposits so that checking accounts can be balanced when bank statements are available. Daily cash balances can be obtained on demand, and detailed transaction history can be maintained indefinitely.
Cash Management Features
- Bank reconciliation: Keeps track of outstanding checks and cleared/uncleared deposits
- Tracks daily cash balances: Displays a daily summary of cleared and uncleared deposits and checks
- Cash transactions: Records bank service charges, miscellaneous receipts, and interest income
- Financial institutions: Defines an unlimited number of banks and bank accounts
- Voids checks: Automatically voids A/P checks or manual payroll checks
- Deposit slips: Links checks received to bank deposit slips
Electronic Time Card Interface
Electronic Time Card Interface Features
The ETC (Electronic Time Card) interface provides one-step import of ETC data into SYMPAQ SQL. Extensive and efficient business rules prevent the entry of invalid data from external time card systems. Once ETC data is imported into SYMPAQ SQL, it is integrated into the Labor module and processed as native time card data. The ETC interface maps codes for employees, labor categories, tasks, and project labor categories, to ensure accurate reporting and eliminate the need for duplicate data entry.
The General Ledger is at the heart of any cost accounting system. SYMPAQ SQL’s General Ledger collects transactions posted from all of the other modules. It stores transaction detail for each user-defined accounting period and for year-to-date cumulative amounts. A single database stores multi-year, online data. The General Ledger also defines indirect tiers for calculating indirect expense rates.
General Ledger Features
- Unlimited cost centers: Tracks revenue and expense by division, department, and authorized work group
- Unlimited cost pools: Multi-tiered rate structure for Fringe Benefits, Overhead, General & Administrative, Cost of Money, and Home Office indirect expenses
- User-defined account numbers: Creates an account structure to reflect your business model
- Indirect rate calculations: Calculates both commercial and government (without unallowables) indirect rates
- Organizational breakdown structures: Creates unlimited roll-ups by business unit
- Unlimited open periods: No need to permanently close an accounting period
- No need to archive databases: Retains multiple years’ data online
- Automatic distribution of budgets: Constant or linear spread by period
- Tracks costs to direct and indirect projects
- Journal entries: Supports automatic (default or recurring) and manual entries
Job Cost Module
SYMPAQ SQL’s Job Cost module provides a number of mission-critical reports, as well as various project cost and management support functions. Using this module, you can define projects and related tasks, work breakdown structures, project cost elements, labor categories, and contract line items. Administrative information is used to keep track of contacts, purchase order numbers, limitation of funds, and contract modifications.
Job Cost Features
- User-defined project numbers: Creates project numbering schemes of up to 20 characters
- Administrative project information: Includes multiple contacts, contract value, period of performance, limitation of funds clauses, etc.
- Work breakdown structures: Creates unlimited phases, tasks and subtasks, and reports on any level
- Indirect cost allocation: Allocates actual, budgeted, or provisional rates to projects
- Project labor utilization: Direct/Billable, B&P, IR& D, Marketing, Internal, and Indirect
- Tracks project deliverables: Due Date, Date Delivered, and Date Accepted
- **Unlimited cost elements by project or task: **On-site labor, off-site labor, and other direct costs
- Defines authorized work forces: Employees/consultants who are eligible to work on a project or task
- Project budgets: Stores monthly budgets or cost element budgets by project
Labor & Leave Module
SYMPAQ SQL’s Labor & Leave module is used to enter, calculate, review, and post labor costs, both direct and indirect. The Labor & Leave module tracks labor by employee, vendor, labor category, task, job, and division, and can even track borrowed labor. You can customize employee leave definitions to account for a wide range of leave accrual policies.
Labor & Leave Features
- Flexible time card frequency: Daily, weekly, or any other user-defined frequency
- Total time accounting: Multiple methods for tracking uncompensated overtime for salaried individuals
- Tracks employee leave balances: Accruals for vacation, sick, holiday, or other paid absences
- Multiple time card types: Originals, Modifications, Adjustments, and Bonus Processing
- Allows input of vendor (subcontractor) and employee time cards
- Defines unlimited labor categories: Project-specific or company-wide
- Borrowed labor: Applies an employee or consultant’s home division overhead rate to a project
SYMPAQ SQLýs Payroll module is integrated with the Labor & Leave module and is designed for companies who process their payroll in-house to enable the payment of your employees using a variety of payment methods at user definable frequencies.
- Automatically generates payroll records from time and attendance data
- Calculates gross-to-net pay
- Issues payments by direct deposit or by check
- Fully supports wage reporting for federal, state, local, and insurance requirements
- Handles Service Contract Act wages
- Maintains historical wage reporting data for taxes, pension, and workerýs comp.
Purchase Order Module
SYMPAQ SQL’s Purchase Order module is fully integrated with the Accounts Payable module, allowing complete tracking of the purchase process. Each Purchase Order can contain an unlimited number of line items. Commitments are created, relieved, and closed using a logical and flexible structure that’s easy to learn and operate.
Purchase Order Features
- Branch-specific buyer limits: Employees can be defined as buyers, with their approval authority determined by the branch office placing the order.
- Item File: Allows the user to classify goods and services by type, manufacturer and commodity code.
- Predefined units of measure: Units for area, length, time, units, volume, and weight can be supplemented by any number of the user’s own definitions.
- Flexible relief methods: Items can be relieved according to the purchase order’s unit of measure, an alternate unit of measure (e.g. pounds instead of kilos), or even a dollar amount.
- Multiple status tracking: Purchase orders can carry simultaneous statuses for staging, approval, issuance, and printing.
- Accounts Payable Integration: Generates Accounts Payable invoices directly from Purchase Order vouchers