SmartAdvocate is a fully integrated case management system created for personal injury and mass tort litigation practice.
Designed by personal injury lawyers who understand the challenges of case management in today’s fast paced, highly competitive and technologically demanding world, SmartAdvocate® is a revolutionary case management software that will increase your practice’s efficiency and profitability.
SmartAdvocate® combines the best database for managing personal injury files with unique features, most of which are not available in any other case management system. These software features will enable you and your practice to manage, store, track, classify and communicate in order to achieve the highest level of success.
- Automatic SOL Tracking
- Document Management and Generation
- Workflow and Tasks
- Integrations with Microsoft Office, Accounting Packages, Medical Records Retriebal, Court Calendaring and more
- End User Customizations via Administrative Screens
- Contact Cards - SmartAdvocate®’s contact cards have conflict search capability and the ability to associate related contacts with each other. For example, you can associate an attorney with the law firm where the attorney works.
- SmartAdvocate® tracks all contacts roles in all cases in which the contact appears. For example, you can determine that a particular contact was a client in four different cases.
- Photographs, resumes and more can be associated with a contact.
- Documents such as retainers, questionnaires, and authorizations can be bar-coded so they can be automatically attached to the case when scanned.
- Document Generation & History - Create and store all documents created in your case in the case document screen so you can easily view the case’s document history.
- Document templates are defined with “Merge Codes” that insert information from the case into the document.
- Copying Documents from one case to another - You can easily copy a document from one case to another. This feature is particularly useful for re-using rather specific similar motions, opposition, notices of claim, etc. as “templates” for use in other cases.
- Favorite documents - Users can set frequently used form documents as their favorites. When generating a letter, they can select “favorites” and select from their most frequently used documents eliminating the need to search or scroll through the entire firm’s database of documents.
- Mass Mailing - In addition to generating individual documents, SmartAdvocate® allows you to mass assemble documents based on specific needs. For example, if you want to send an update letter to all of your Actos clients who have had a heart attack, SmartAdvocate® can locate these cases, and using a form, prepare a customized letter to each client.
- SmartAdvocate® also allows you to access all documents and emails that relate to a particular party or provider from the document screen or from that party or provider’s screen in the case file (i.e., medical records requests from the medical provider screen, plaintiff letters from the plaintiff’s screen, etc.).
- Envelopes can be associated with a document and generated automatically when document is generated. When envelope is generated, postage cost can be automatically added to Case Disbursements.
- SmartAdvocate® has dedicated customizable Case Intake Screens for the most common case types (auto accidents, trip and fall claims, medical malpractice and more).
- Case Wizards - create case wizards for the intake of new cases. This is particularly helpful in mass tort intakes as new projects can quickly become “hot”.
- SmartAdvocate®’s Project Details database supplies information about various case types your firm is handling making it much easier for your intake department to answer questions on the fly.
- Intake Review Screen allows an attorney or supervisor to review decisions made by intake staff regarding accepting or rejecting a potential case and to approve or revert the decision.
- New cases that are imported from your website or outside services to SmartAdvocate® can be automatically assigned to intake staff for processing. Intake unit supervisor can also bulk assign cases imported during non-working ours.
Reports and Dashboards
- Dashboards can track statutes, filings, deadlines, statuses and much more.
- Dashboards can manage your cases. For example, we have dashboards to track client call backs, receipt of documents such as retainers, and to ensure that tasks are completed.
- Dashboards can track New Case Performance such as where your cases are coming from (referrers, advertising, etc.) and how many intakes turn into retained cases.
- Dashboards have filtering capability. You can filter by date, case type, key words and more.
- Reports are specially designed pre-formatted reports intended to help you manage your case files.
- Reports are “subscribable”. You can schedule any report to be delivered to you via email any time you want it (every Monday, every 1st of the months, etc.).
- Our Query system allows you to “create a report” if one you require is not included in the pre-formatted reports.