|This product is no longer sold or supported. It has been acquired by Perforce and is now marketed under Helix ALM.
Deliver Quality With TestTrack
TestTrack is the definitive tool suite to manage all product development phases and artifacts. From requirements, user stories and release planning, through sprints, assignments and work items, to test cases, QA cycles, defect resolutions and releases, TestTrack helps you deliver quality products on time.
TestTrack Drives Product Development
TestTrack is a complete solution for managing product development phases and artifacts, from requirements capture, through issue tracking and workflow automation, to test planning and execution:
- Requirements Management - a collaborative solution for capturing and tracking requirements, TestTrack handles all aspects of requirements management, including planning, workflow, traceability, review, change management, and reporting.
- Workflow and Issue Management - an essential tool for issue tracking and workflow automation, TestTrack tracks defects, feature requests, change requests, tasks, and more.
- Test Case Management - a complete test management solution, TestTrack helps you manage all aspects of the software testing process, including test case creation, scheduling, execution, measurement, and reporting.
In addition, TestTrack features:
- Complete configurability
- Hundreds of usability features
- Artifact linking with full traceability
- Team collaboration
- Workflow automation
- Fast search
- Rich reporting
- Multi-level security
- Open interfaces supported by a SOAP-based SDK
- Support for industry standards
- Flexible licensing, including perpetual licenses, on-premise subscriptions, and hosted subscriptions
Requirement mistakes and scope creep can have the most costly effect on software quality and budget. TestTrack manages the complete requirement lifecycle including planning, workflow, traceability, review, change management, and reporting. It also facilitates collaboration, automates traceability, and helps satisfy compliance needs.
Features and Benefits
Centralized Requirements Management
- Centralize requirements management to keep all stakeholders informed of new requirements, help them participate in the review process, and ensure they understand the impact of changes on their deliverables.
- Track everything that defines a requirement including the requirement description, requirement details, email threads, workflow, versions, documents, links to other requirements, file attachments, folders, and its history.
- Manage a virtually unlimited number of requirements. Group requirements into requirement documents, easily organize the hierarchy, and share common requirements between documents.
- Provide web-based access to requirement reviews for all stakeholders with TestTrack Requirements Reviewer.
- Automated traceability matrices make it easy to quickly perform coverage analysis by viewing the relationships between related items. For example, you can ensure that at least one test case has been generated for each approved requirement in a project.
- Requirements document snapshots capture the state of requirements documents at a specific point in time to facilitate tracking changes. Use snapshots to compare requirement document versions and view differences between them, typically in conjunction with project milestones, such as when the first draft of a requirement document is complete.
- Requirement linking helps you establish relationships between items and manage changes to related items when requirements change. Link requirements to other items including feature requests, defects, change requests, and test cases.
- Suspect item flagging streamlines and automates change reviews by determining which linked items (requirements, test cases, defects, change requests, etc.) need to be reviewed when a related item changes. The complex relationship between requirements and other development artifacts means if one item changes, related items need to be reviewed to determine if they should also change.
- Impact analysis reports make it easy to view items related to requirements and understand the impact of a requirement change before you make it. You can perform an impact analysis to view the related items, assess the risk of making changes, and identify the items that need to be reviewed based on the changes.
- Requirement review features facilitate the review process, letting stakeholders add review notes that appear inline in requirements documents. Emails relevant to a requirement are tracked with the requirement to further facilitate reviews.
Flexible Import and Export
- Import and export Microsoft Word documents. Requirement capture often begins in Microsoft Word. TestTrack’s Microsoft Word Import Wizard simplifies importing requirements from Microsoft Word documents. For customers or stakeholders who do not have access to TestTrack, you can export requirements documents to Microsoft Word.
Test Case Management
Testing software applications requires thousands of unique test cases, the time to execute them, and the ability to efficiently manage the results. TestTrack provides a complete solution to create, organize, execute, measure, and report on manual and automated product testing.
Features and Benefits
Centralized Test Case Management
- Centralize test case management to help your QA team work together to create, organize, run thousands of test cases, track results, and measure progress.
- Track everything about a test including test case details, test steps, variants, file attachments, test runs, workflow, email, links to other tests, folders, and test histories.
- Manage an unlimited number of test cases by grouping test runs into test sets for better organization. For example, include all test runs generated for alpha testing in a test set and include all test runs generated for beta testing in a separate test set. Create an unlimited number of test run set names to keep your test runs organized.
- Simplify writing long or complex test cases by creating reusable test case steps that can be shared with other test cases.
- Store test cases in hierarchical folders for better organization. Public folders make tests available to all users, while private folders allow users to manage test cases and test runs based on their specific requirements.
- Reduce the number of tests cases with variants. Variants are attributes of the tested application that are used to generate test runs. A test run is created for each unique combination of test variant values selected when generating test runs. For example, if you are testing a browser-based application and want to run the same test on IE and Firefox, add them as variants and TestTrack generates unique test runs for each browser.
- Assign and distribute tests to manual testers and include detailed instructions they need to successfully execute the test. Testers can work online or print copies of the step-by-step test instructions.
- Store related files with each test case. Attach test scripts, test data, source code, screen captures, or any other type of file to a test case. Files that you attach to test cases are included in test runs, so testers can access them. Attached files can be managed by your source code management solution.
- Define test steps and expected results in an easy-to-use grid. Optionally attach graphics, test data, and other files with individual test steps.
- Sign off on each test step during testing if compliance rules require it. This configurable option improves traceability in regulated environments.
- Automate Test Case creation with Defect Scribe a free add-on for TestTrack. Defect Scribe intelligently records your actions during manual or exploratory testing, building a detailed history of your test session that you can save as step-by-step test cases.
- Use script agents to integrate with automated testing solutions to automate scheduling scripts during test runs. TestTrack integrates seamlessly with QA Wizard Pro to support automated testing.
- Link test results with defects to provide an integrated test environment. Improve the traceability of quality assurance by linking defects to failed test runs and improve test coverage by creating test cases based on existing defects.
- Establish relationships between test cases and requirements and manage changes to test cases when requirements change. Link requirements to other items including feature requests, defects, change requests, and test cases.
- Schedule automated tests to run 24x7. TestTrack makes you even more efficient by allowing you to schedule scripts to run at night so you can review the results in the morning.
Workflow and Issue Management
Complex development projects have thousands of work items to create, assign, and track, often with each following unique processes. TestTrack helps you efficiently manage and report on tasks, defects, feature requests, change requests, and other development-related work items, while keeping all stakeholders informed of progress.
Features and Benefits
Centralized Issue Management
- Manage all development artifacts including issues, defects, feature requests, change requests, development assignments, customer issues, and any other tasks or artifacts tracked as part of your development process.
- Track everything about an issue including its details, workflow, known workarounds, related source code changes, email, links to other issues, folders, and its history.
- Track multiple reports of an issue as one to provide better metrics and improved product planning. With multiple-instance tracking, you have a more accurate count of the number of unique issues you need to fix. And, when used to track feature requests, you can prioritize features based on the number of times they are requested. The details of each customer’s requests are stored in one feature request, defect, etc.
Start Tracking Quickly
- Use TestTrack out-of-the-box with minimal customization or completely customize it to fit your terminology, processes, security rules, and compliance needs. TestTrack ships with pre-configured templates to use as starting points for your projects.
Interact With Your Customers
- Track detailed information about your customers including contact and system configuration information.
- Quickly locate the issues a customer has reported and the current status of each issue.
- Monitor an email account for incoming support issues and automatically email acknowledgements to customers, letting them know you received their emails and are looking into their issues.
- Make it easy for customers to provide feedback with TestTrack’s feedback add-ons, SoloBug and SoloSubmit.
- Use time-based escalation rules to ensure customer issues are responded to in a timely manner.
- Keep customers in the loop with per-issue notification lists. Add a customer to the notification list and, when the issue enters a new state, automatically email the customer a status update.
- Track issue-specific email conversations between developers, technical support, and customers, keeping all relevant information with the issue for quick access and historical record.