Dynamics RMS (Retail Management System) offers small and mid-market retailers a complete point-of-sale (POS) solution that can be adapted to meet unique retail requirements. This powerful software package automates POS processes and store operations, provides centralized control for multi-store retailers, and integrates with Microsoft Office system programs, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and other popular applications. Microsoft Dynamics RMS is built on a proven Microsoft platform that adapts to meet unique and changing retail needs.
Microsoft Dynamics RMS-Headquarters
Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters runs at the head office of a chain of stores, enabling managers to upload and aggregate inventory, sales, and purchase order data from across their entire business. It enables company-wide reporting, communication, and performance analysis.
Inventory Control and Tracking
- Centralize inventory tracking and management for each store and for the enterprise as a whole.
- Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters offers detailed information on quantity in stock, reorder points, and restock levels for each item at each store and then makes this information visible to the home office.
- Since some stores may have uniform or disparate inventories, Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters can invoke inventory replenishment at the home office for any group of stores.
- A master inventory database can be set up and downloaded to any group of stores.
- Manage all item attributes and properties such as item types, departments, categories, suppliers, substitutes, aliases, parent relationships, and more from one location and send updated and new items to the stores you select for consistent stock identification.
- Sales taxes can be programmed individually by store or by groups of stores per local regulations.
- Promote inventory balancing by managing stock transfers among stores with an inter-store quantity check feature, so each store can check the inventory levels at all stores.
- On every scheduled connection to Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters, updated item quantities and dynamic item properties (such as store costs and prices) in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters automatically change to reflect their new value at the given store.
- When cost information changes at the store level, item costs can be uploaded to Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters, ensuring accurate, chain-wide item cost reports based on weighted average at Headquarters.
- Generate POs based on replenishment needs for all stores. You can make the orders for a set of stores or regions and ship to a single warehouse for later distribution or directly to individual stores.
- Automatically generate POs for selected items, by quantity sold during a period, or for items that fall below restocking levels for all stores or at individual stores.
- Centralize supplier list management for all stores.
- Inter-store inventory transfers can be initiated from the head office or individual stores.
- Once POs are received by the store, the information is uploaded to Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters automatically on the next scheduled connection.
- Designate a distribution site—a store or warehouse—as the receiving point where all goods are received.
Pricing, Sales and Promotions
- The head office can change and download item prices to specified stores.
- Selected items can be put on sale at specific stores or across the entire business.
- Special pricing-including fixed-price and percentage discounts-can be set up for “Buy X, get Y” promotions, as well as for items, categories, or departments, and then downloaded to stores.
- Price changes can be programmed to take effect immediately or during a specified time period.
Sales and Order Tracking
- Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters maintains highly detailed data from every transaction across the chain.
- Easily generate detailed sales and profit analyses, sales, commissions, and tax reports.
- View the electronic receipts generated at each store from Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Manager.
- Comprehensive data collection allows for custom data warehousing and OLAP.
- Gain instant, flexible access to a wealth of meaningful data.
- Consolidated reports show sales breakdowns, identify slow-moving items and check sales for any day—by store location, item, department, category, customer, or taxes.
- Reports may be previewed on screen, printed, or exported to applications such as Microsoft Excel.
- Customer reports include:
- Global Customer List
- Local Customer List
- Accounts Receivable—Summary
- Accounts Receivable—Detailed
- Sales reports include:- Summary Sales (Daily) Reports
- Summary Tax Collected (Daily)
- Detailed Sales
- Detailed Tax Collected
- Top Performers Reports
- Regional Sales
- Department Cost/Sales
- Items reports include:
- Department/Category list
- Master Price List
- Master Quantity List
- Supplier List
- Item Movement
- Quotes/Orders reports include:
- Purchase Orders
- Inventory Transfer In
Customer Management and Marketing
- Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters maintains a complete profile of every customer who has ever purchased from any of your stores.
- Customer information includes demographics, preferences, purchase or problem history, account balance, and credit information.
- Easily print monthly billing statements for On account customers.
- Enable customers to pay their enterprise-wide balance at one store using the Remote Payment feature.
- Chain-wide buying habits, shopping frequency, and purchase
- Leverage thorough and accurate database marketing and relationship selling to targeted customers through custom applications.
- All data is exportable from the Microsoft SQL Server database— for example to CRM and ERP applications.
- Monitor sales reps, their hours, and the registers they run.
- Upload attendance records for computing hours and labor costs at the head office.
- Centrally compute sales commissions based upon sales transactions and commission structures found in associates’ profiles.
Microsoft Dynamics RMS-Store Operations
Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations is the front line solution that processes transactions, maintains customer information, and tracks the inventory. This system integrates with popular accounting software such as Microsoft Dynamics GP and QuickBooks. It also has open standards which allow universal Windows import/export capabilities.
- Customize and resize transaction screens.
- Work with a “touch screen” graphical user interface.
- Define your own keyboard-shortcut macros
- Enter unlimited line items.
- Automatically look up price (sales, quantity discount, promotional, price levels).
- Automatically compute tax, VAT.
- Look up quantity and item attribute.
- Display item picture, extended description, and sub-descriptions.
- Set up default shipping services.
- Select shipping carrier and calculate shipping charges by weight/value.
- Support multi-tender transactions, including cash, check, credit card, and debit card.
- Accept food stamps.
- Sell and redeem vouchers, gift certificates and gift cards
- Place transactions on hold and recall.
- Perform voids and returns at POS.
- Access online credit card authorizations and capture electronic signatures.
- Save time and cost with integrated debit and credit card processing.
- Ensure optional credit card discounts with Address Verification Supports (AVS).
- Support mix-and-match pricing structure.
- Discount entire sale or selected items at time of sale.
- Add customer account.
- Track customer information, including total sales, number of visits, and last visit date.
- Issue store credit.
- Receive payment(s) for individual invoices.
- Process deposits on orders.
- Search by customer’s ship-to address.
- Create and process layaway, back orders, work orders, and sales quotes.
- Credit items sold to selected sales reps.
- View daily sales graph at the POS.
- View and print journals from any register.
- Preview, search, and print journals by register, batch, and/or receipt number.
- Print X, Z, and ZZ reports.
- Print receipts, invoices, and pick tickets with logos/graphics.
- Print kit components on receipt.
- Reprint receipts.
- Enter employee hours with an integrated time clock function
- Offline mode allows you to continue to sell when the network or server is down.
- Standard and service items
- Serialized (up to three serial numbers per item)
- Matrix (apparel)
- Lot matrix
- Kits (items you fabricate; shows components)
- Assembly (bill of material)
- Weight (tare, actual)
- Voucher (Gift card, gift certificate, store credit)
Inventory Control and Tracking
- Track and manage all inventory types.
- Organize and modify assembly, matrix, and lot matrix items using clear spreadsheets.
- Look up and modify matrix items by specific attribute (i.e., size, color).
- Create/modify individual items in a matrix, as well as add or remove dimensions from existing items.
- Automatically calculate inventory replenishment by restock level or quantity sold.
- Support multiple suppliers for each item.
- Define “Master Pack”
- Assign item substitutes.
- Track by serial numbers.
- Create unlimited item aliases.
- Identify parent and child quantities.
- Attach notes/reminders to specific items
- Automatically generate purchase orders (POs).
- Quickly add items to POs using dialog window.
- Quickly create new items while creating a PO.
- Export POs to Microsoft Word for easy customization and viewing in a matrix grid format.
- Receive shipments.
- Transfer inventory in/out.
- Process external file
- Store and track offline inventory (items not for sale, breakage, etc.).
- Attach item pictures.
- Define department and category structure
- Assign reason codes for inventory adjustments.
Pricing, Sales, and Promotions
- Set up mix-and-match pricing structure, including pricing and percentage discounts.
- “Buy X, get Y” discount capability, including percentage discount.
- Set lot pricing (single, six-pack, case, etc.).
- Set multiple price levels per customer (price break tables).
- Set mixed-case discounts.
- Discount from retail and mark up from cost.
- Set profit margin and price rounding rules
- Discount by dollar amount.
- Assign subtotal amount.
- Set percent of discount.
- Put items on sale/promotion.
- Set up happy hours and sales schedules.
- Multiple tax rate tables (percent, base, cap) multiple sales tax (GST, PST, etc.).
- Support Euro and Value-Added Taxation.
- Define sales commission schedule
- Give change in local currency.
Advanced Security Options
- Built-in security systems for manager and POS programs
- Edit, hide, or view only data fields can be set up and protected based on the cashier’s security level.
- Set cashier floor and return limits
- Assign logon passwords
- Assign reason codes for discounts, price overrides and adjustments
- Grant or deny cashier permissions to nearly twenty different functions including “no sales”, payouts, abort transaction, selling to employees with discounts, and many more.
- Simplify item maintenance tasks, such as price changes, with the Inventory Wizard.
- Quickly add inventory with the New Item Wizard. *Add/modify item dimensions using matrix forms.
- Design and print bar code and graphic labels with the Label Wizard.
- Schedule more effectively with a built-in calendar event planner and automatic reminders.
Customizable, Real-time Reports
- Filter, hide, sort, and group report data.
- Enable print preview.
- Adjust report header/columns on-screen.
- Drill down for access and/or to modify detailed database information directly from Active Reports.
- Memorize your custom reports.
- Export data to multiple formats.
- Work with dozens of other customizeable reports
- Drive increased sales with discount functionality, including mixed-case discounts.
- Track purchases by date, price, and quantity.
- Search by account information.
- Define different account types
- Enable Aged Receivables option.
- Look up, adjust, and track invoices for specific customer accounts
- Apply finance charges on accounts.
- Bill payments for net terms.
- Place limits on customer purchases for specified time period.
- Utilize 15 user-defined fields for customer data, including birth date, driver’s license number, and resale permit number.
- Create customer accounts at the POS.
- Set up multiple shipping addresses per customer.
- Reprint customer statements and receipts.
- Generate mailing lists.
- Print accounts receivable aging report.
- Print account activities report.
- Track and manage employee information.
- Track employee performance.
- Set up and manage sales commissions.
- Send messages to cashiers.
- Enter employee hours using integrated time clock and time card report.
Reviews of Dynamics RMS (Retail Management System) Write a Review
An anonymous Dynamics RMS (Retail Management System) user says...
the software runs and thinks like a cash register memory. the reporting is somewhat rigid but I have not explored all the aftermarket add ons. we are still exploring many of its available functions so the evaluation is incomplete.
The good: the inventory counts appear much more stable than our previous program.
The bad: credits from suppliers cannot be entered, negative quantities received are not allowed. rigidity in reporting formats needs improvement.
Very user friendly and easy to work with.
The good: Looking up items is very easy if they do not scan. Pricing sale items also very easy and can be done without changing the original price.
The bad: How easy it is to train new staff on.