OneSource Software was designed with the following ideas (questions) in mind:
- Centralized Data: Wouldn’t it be easier to run a business if most (or all) business records (and related documents) could be managed from 1 program, rather than several programs and 100’s of spreadsheets?
- Fewer Screens: Wouldn’t it be easier to learn (and easier to use) a program that that had fewer screens (because more information was available on each screen)?
- Easier Access to Data: Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to press a Function key (like F3 or F4) to be able to instantly find almost any record of any type?
- Easier/Faster Order Entry: Wouldn’t it be easier to reduce your cost per order (and make customers happier at the same time) if you could create Orders in less time? (So you could create the Order with the customer on the Phone, rather than scribbling down the Order on paper and then having to ‘enter’ the Order in your system later on).
- Price Items the Way You Want to Price Items: Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to sell any item to any customer for any price and have it auto populate on the Sales Order (rather than having to re-figure out what each price is, for each item, for each customer that calls)?
- Make it Easier to Track and Serve Your Most Important Asset (Your Customer): Wouldn’t it be nice if the ‘Customer’ screen in your accounting system had a place to track more than 1 or 2 ‘contacts’? (Don’t businesses have more than 1-2 people in them? If so, then why do almost all accounting systems seem to ignore this?) Isn’t your relationship with your Customers your most important asset? Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to treat each customer like they were your most important customer? And to be able to see anything you want to see about that customer on their customer record? (Such as all Contacts, Phone #’s, E-Mail Addresses, Activities, Jobs/Projects, Quotes, Sales Orders, Invoices, Credits, Payments, Notes, Documents, Item Prices, AR Aging Info, Delivery Info, Dashboard info about the customer, etc—all on the same screen).
- Easier Tracking of Whatever You Want to Track: Don’t most businesses create a ton of Excel type spreadsheets to track this or track that? (Since their accounting system doesn’t have a way to track that info?) Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to create any list with any columns, using any filters or any calculations or criteria needed, and have the lists stay up to date automatically?
- Easier Purchasing – For Special Order Items: Wouldn’t it be nice to have a way to create PO’s for Sales Orders with a click or 2 (and link the items and costs on each PO to the related items on each Sales Order, Invoice, and GL Posting).
- Easier Purchasing – To Restock Your Inventory (and better cash-flow too): Wouldn’t it be nice to have a system that helped you order and stock more of what you sell more of and less of what you sell less of? And know who has the best price? And create the PO’s with a few clicks? (And free up cash flow at the same time)?
- Better / Easier Inventory Management: Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to manage your inventory with greater ease? Maybe with a barcode scanner as well? (Or maybe not if that is overkill)?
- Easier Scheduling/Dispatching of Deliveries: Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to scan orders out the door, so you know who took what to who? And then auto receive the payments for all deliveries with one simple reconciliation screen?
- More Customizable Job / Project Management: Wouldn’t it be nice to create your own fields and features and lists to track the details of your Jobs and Projects the exact way you want to track them?
- Customer E-Portal: Wouldn’t it be nice to allow your customers to login to a website and check item availability, see their prices for the items, check Order status, see Order history, make a Payment, or place a new Order (and have it dump into your accounting system automatically)? Wouldn’t your customers love to be able to do that at 11am in the morning or 11pm at night? (And wouldn’t you love having your Customers enter some or all of their Orders for you)?
- Integrated Accounting (AR, AP, Banking, GL, Financial Reports): Wouldn’t it be nice to have all the features listed above be a part of your standard accounting system as well?
- Customized Reports: Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to create (or have created) any report about any data in your system – so you could make better/quicker decisions and manage your business easier?
- In summary…wouldn’t it be nice if your software just made it easy to buy and sell items? And was supported by the same company that designed it? And knew you by name when you called??
If you think any of these ideas (questions) make sense for your business, give us a call. We may be able to help you simplify (and grow) your business.
- Manage Amount Owed to Each Supplier or Vendor
- Display Aged Payable Balances
- Pay Multiple Invoices With One Check
- Allocate Check Amount Across Multiple Invoices
- Maintain Credit Balances With Suppliers
- Display Overdue Bills and their Due Dates
- Adjust Incorrect Bills from Visual Payables Form
- Print Lists of Bills Coming Due By Custom Time Period
- Visually Pay By Check, Credit Card or Other
Many Other PO, Expense Management, and Payables Reports Pay All Vendors/Create Multiple Checks with Few Keystrokes Handle Recurring Payments
- Accept Deposits or Prepayments on the Sales Order form (and auto transfer of payment to the Invoice when it is created later)
- Accept payments on Invoice form on the fly.
- Quickly choose from a secured listing of predefined customer charge account cards, such as Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, etc.
- Accept multiple forms of payment at the time of the sale.
- Quickly calculate change due for cash payments.
- The Invoice screen (and printed forms) display all payments, balance due, plus automatic Paid or Late stamp
- Dynamic determination and notification, at the time of each sale, if a customer is or should be placed on Credit Hold
- Three levels of Credit Hold: COD, Credit Hold and Administrative Credit Hold. Administrative Credit Hold_, which can only be selected or un-selected by company owners and accounting personnel, allows orders to be entered, but prevents items from being shipped, invoices from being created, and invoices, picking tickets and packing slips from being printed)
- Immediate display of why a customer is on Credit Hold, including details such as: total past due, total outstanding balance, # invoices past due, # days past due of the oldest invoice, etc.
- Instant access to all details of customer credit, open invoices, aging, etc.
- View a summary of all scheduled or completed activities in one place.
- View (Filter) scheduled or complete activities by Organization, Employee, Role, Activity Type, Date Range, etc…
- Most columns can be dynamically sorted by ascending or descending order.
- Save time by instantly printing one of several reports, based on the exact group of records defined by your criteria.
- Activities / History can also be viewed on the Organization Information screen.
The Banking System provides access to eight basic functions of banking. These include:
- Bank Accounts
- Check Register
- Check Reconciliation
- Recurring Payments
- Batch Posting
- Unlimited unique contacts
- All tasks (phone calls, meetings, to-do’s) for each unique contact.
- All related correspondence (letters, e-mails, faxes, etc.) for each unique contact.
- An index of all letters, e-mails, proposals, etc., (along with a hyperlink to auto locate and open the document).
- All related jobs, projects, service contracts
- All related Quotes, Sales Orders, Invoices/Invoice Line Items, Payments
- Default pricing, credit terms, shipping terms, shipping info.
- All custom special prices established for the customer.
- Unlimited general and collection/AR notes.
- Full featured double entry system with automated or manual entry of debits and credits
- GL Defaults to automate the creation of GL Transactions for Sales, Purchasing, Inventory Management, etc.
- Standard Chart of Accounts with Standard Classifications, including:
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Other Income
- Other Expenses
- Define Unlimited Accounts/Subaccounts - Use Any Numbering
- Centralized queue to store/review all GL Postings BEFORE they are actually posted to the GL (one at a time or in a batch)
- Filter for any given set of GL Transactions, by date, transaction ID, type, Account, Source, etc.
- Quickly view all details of any given account, including ability to reverse transactions
- Double-click on any transaction to view the entire journal entry for the transaction
- Full audit trail of all GL Transactions
- Create Journal Entries with Automated Reversing
- Create user defined Financial Periods. Closings Are Optional - Never Close If You Choose
- Produce Pre and Post Closing Trial Balances
- Ability to roll-back, review and repost batches of items for a given date range (if the period is still open)
- Define Beginning Balances or Input GL Adjustment Transactions
- Define Budgets for Revenues and Expenses
- Periodic or Perpetual Inventory System from Sales and Purchases
- LIFO, FIFO, or Weighted Average Costing Automatic updating of Quantity in Stock & Quantity on Back Order
- Automatic updating of purchasing info, including: Last quantity ordered, Last order date
- Automatic updating of pending shipment info, including: Expected delivery date, Qty currently on order
- Graphical inventory level indicator Record Bar Code, Case Pack, Weight, Unit of Measure
- Long Descriptions, Names, and Inventory Categories/Subcategories
- User defined decimals let you enter varying decimals for prices and quantities
- See a Summary of All Job Details in One Place
- Display a summary of jobs by date range, type, status, assigned employee,etc.
- Sort columns in ascending or descending order.
- Right click to hyperlink directly to detailed job record.
- Print great summary and detailed big picture job tracking reports. View information by date, job status, due date, age of job, etc.
- All items identified as a “Special Order” type of item on a Sales Order can be automatically inserted on one or more Purchase Orders.
- Automated Special Order PO’s can be created for all Special Order items on one Sales Order or for all Sales Orders with non-ordered Special Order Items.
- When a Sales Order is created, each Supplier and Supplier cost is automatically inserted on the Sales Order Line Item. The supplier and/or cost can be changed on the fly on the Sales Order—which assures that the auto PO is acurately created.
- Each Sales Order line item that has automated PO’s created for each Special Order item is linked to the PO that was created for the Special Order line item. (The PO can be instantly located with a single click of a button on the Sales Order line item).
Quotes, Orders, Invoices
- Items are auto filled as they are located in an alphabetized drop down list
- Item list can be narrowed down to a list by item category type
- Item prices are auto calcuated and inserted, based on selected customer, job, item grouping, etc
- Item descriptions are auto filled and can contain 100’s of extra lines if desired
- Items can be auto shipped/reserved to save time
- Add new inventory items to the inventory list on the fly
- Assembly Items (sometimes referred to as a finished good or inventory kit&can be auto assembled (with each sub-component being depleted from inventory) and/or edited on the fly
- Multiple Line Item Templates are available to instantly change the line item display to 1, 2, 3 or 4 lines of detail—per line item (effectively showing or hiding additional fields such as qty previously shipped, qty on back order, supplier, GL account, Job, item cost (fifo/lifo/average), profit margin, item grouping, sort order, etc.)
- Quotes can be auto converted into a Sales Order or an Invoice
- Multiple invoices can be created with one click—based on the sales orders that have been fulfilled
- Customer Listings (Full Detail, Medium Detail, Summary)
- New Customer Reports (which customers did we add in x date range?)
- Customer Profile-Limited (Company Info, All Contacts, Notes, Etc)
- Customer Profile-Detailed (Company Info, All Contacts, All Completed and Scheduled Activities, Notes, Etc.)
- Customer Sales Listings (What invoices were sent to x company in x date range? what was the total sales to company x?)
- Missing In Action (Which Customers Haven’t Placed an Order in x days?)
- Customer Statements (ready to be put into a window envelope displaying all invoices for a given customer for a given date range or only the outstanding invoices for a date range, all payments, 30,60,90+ amounts, etc.)
- Prospect Listings (Grouped by type, geography, size, last contact date, last letter date, assigned sales rep, etc.)
- Job Status Reports (including # days until expected completion, # days in current status, where are the weak links in the chain for job completion? total value of all jobs, associated completed and scheduled activities, notes, etc.)
- Job Costing Reports (All invoices related to a specific job, budget vs. actual)
Reviews of OneSource Write a Review
Gary from GoFit Auto Panels says...
Fast, detailed, intuitive, and easy to use. Friendly support staff that understands what I need as a business owner.
The good: This product made our old software look……OLD! We used to memorize what items fit what applications. Now we simply enter the application specifications and BAM there’s a list of items. We were able to ditch Quickbooks and consolidate all our data into 1 solution.
The bad: Sometimes there are things I wish it could do that it cant. Such as email calendar notifications when bills or invoices are due automatically.