Optessa is a manufacturing planning, scheduling, and sequencing software.
Optessa comes in three main forms:
- Optessa MLP
- Optessa MLS
- Optessa RTS
Even Solution Quality
- Less frequent rescheduling or replanning necessitated merely by uneven solutions
- Smooth supplier requirements and reduce parts inventories
- Fulfill sales orders rather than pulling in low priority stock or forecast orders to resolve schedule problems
- Balanced product mix
- Maintain high throughput
- Balance and level workforce
- Demand, demand attributes, related preferences and constraints
- Master data, such as products, routings and bills of material
- Supply chain and logistics related constraints and rules
- Production constraints, also called material, plant and labor constraints and rules
Optessa MLP products the order planning functionality through demand-capacity matching, master production scheduling, and slotting. Optessa MLP generates plans and schedules for manufacturers with a single plant, for entire regions, or global operations.
- Selection of orders from an order pool to fill production capacity
- Order Slotting / Master Production Scheduling of selected Orders
- De-selection / reselection of orders from a previous plan to accommodate changes (in capacities, orders, supplier constraints, dealer orders)
- Demand planning at product or part level
- Demand-Capacity matching planning to meet parts & product inventories
- Balancing & smoothing of orders across multiple plants and across weeks
- Evaluation & bottleneck identification in a supply chain
- Generate forecast orders to fill capacity of a planning bin
- Selection of projects given capital & production constraints to optimize financial KPIs
Optessa MLS handles the order sequencing and provides details on how to sequence specific product features (when and how to ship parts and assemblies).
- MLS considers all rules and constraints; users can prioritize constraints by assigning a priority ranking or weight.
- MLS supports a large and comprehensive set of rules and constraints; it is also readily extensible if a new constraint is encountered.
- MLS simplifies rule and constraint definition.
- The system allows constraints to be specified in terms of weekly / daily / hourly bins or buckets.
Opessa RTS provides real-time sequencing and scheduling for modern manufacturing plants.
- Powerful Optimization Engine
- Late order allocation / substitution