Today’s accelerated pace of product development, product and supplier dynamics, and manufacturing and engineering outsourcing make it more and more difficult to meet product launch goals on time and under budget. Simple communication issues can cost valuable time and cause unwanted scrap on the production floor. By providing a single place to manage product data, Omnify Software eliminates these issues by streamlining the flow of information among:
- Documentation Control
- Outsourcing Partners Omnify PLM Solution - Streamline Product Data Management
Omnify Software supplies a single, secure location to manage all of the essential information for designing, manufacturing and supporting your products and enhances visibility into all aspects of product development with features such as:
- Product Data Management
- Bill of Material (BOM) Management
- Engineering Change Management
- Document Management
- Project Management
- Quality/CAPA Management
- Training Requirements Management
- Help Desk Management
- Compliance Management
Flexible and Secure Environment
Omnify allows companies to apply their own business processes, data management rules, and workflows to define how product records are to be managed and controlled.
User Permissions allow companies to define who can access the system, control specific data sets, and define which functions will be available to users.
Benefits of Omnify PLM Software
- Improve data integrity by leveraging a single database to store and reference all product related information
- Ensure data accuracy across the enterprise with real-time access to the current product definition by all members of your design and supply chain
- Improve product quality with a closed-loop system to capture, route, and resolve product defects, issues, and complaints
- Eliminate the confusion of when, how, why, and by whom a change was made
- Keep your Contract Manufacturing and Engineering partners up to date on changes with secure access to the Omnify database for internal and external teams
- Improve component/part selection decisions made by engineering
- Decrease your product cost and development time
- Shorten your Change/ECO cycle
- and More!
Bill of Material (BOM) Management
Managing the Bill of Material (BOM) is a key component in managing the definition of a product. An inaccurate or incomplete BOM can cause lost weeks in a schedule and result in wasted production runs.
Companies that do not leverage a PLM system to manage BOMs can suffer from inaccurate data, lack of revision control to view and track changes, and informal Change/ECO management processes.
Omnify PLM provides full Bill of Material management functionality including:
- Complete BOM revision control and audit trail
- Structured Change/ECO management process to control BOM (and other data) changes
- “Where Used/Not Used” information available on all items/parts
- Comprehensive importing/exporting/reporting to and from various file formats
- Direct integration with ERP system for automated BOM uploads/updates
- BOM comparisons (compare multiple BOMs)
- Complete BOM hierarchy viewing from a single form
- BOM Routing to document manufacturing, assembly, test, and inspection procedures
The BOM Routing module allows you to document all manufacturing, assembly, test, and inspection procedures.
- Document manufacturing, assembly, inspection, and test procedures
- Define/Display operations/stages and steps/sequences (hierarchically)
- Revision and ECO/Change controlled routing
- Link to product records for document/graphical depiction
- BOM/Routing quantity validation
Benefits of BOM Management
- Eliminate manual BOM Management processes (Excel spreadsheets, file folders, etc.)
- Improve data integrity by eliminating error-prone manual BOM entry processes
- Implement streamlined/structured BOM Change/ECO processes
- Manage all released and pre-release/prototype BOM revisions
- Import data from any file format (Excel, XML, text, etc.) or directly from Engineering tools
- Ensure data accuracy through automatic uploads to ERP and other business systems
Product documents such as design files (models, assemblies, schematics, specifications), manufacturing files (assembly drawings, PCB, Gerber), and supplier files (datasheets, compliance documents, specifications, quotes) are critical components in managing the complete product record. Access, availability, and revision control are necessary functions to effective document control.
Omnify PLM provides a complete document management system:
- Vaulting/revision control with check-in/check-out features
- Document associations to any Omnify object (Items, BOMs, Changes/ECOs, Projects, Quality, Training)
- User privileges for viewing and editing
- Multi-site, synchronized vault locations
- Optional integration with other document control systems
Benefits of Document Management
- Controlled editing and viewing of documents
- Complete revision control of all documents
- Centralized storage of product data and documents
- Elimination of manual searching for files/directories
Reviews of Omnify Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use Omnify? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!