Acumatica is a cloud ERP system designed for the SMB market. Acumatica includes functionality for financial management, customer management, project accounting, distribution management, manufacturing management, field service management, and multi-channel order management.
Benefits of Acumatica include:
- A centralized management system enabling the control of corporate data in a single system.
- Flexibility to choose where the software is deployed—internally or by Acumatica as a SaaS offering.
- Outside-the-office program access via any device supporting a modern web browser.
- Improved visibility to reporting data through intuitive dashboards and customizable screens.
- Extensibility to add custom capabilities through the Acumatica Framework for development of custom business applications.
Relative to other ERP systems, Acumatica is well-regarded for the flexibility it presents to end-user organizations. Acumatica can be purchased on a perpetual license basis (for internal or 3rd party hosting) or licensed as a hosted, SaaS solution. Acumatica also offers unlimited users in its licensing model, which is unusual for ERP applications. The Acumatica platform is optimized for Microsoft SQL server, but also presents the option for organizations to use alternate databases like Oracle or MySQL. Additionally, Acumatica’s Web Services API and development framework offer ample opportunities for end-users to extend program functionality.
- Video Overview
- Acumatica Real World Evaluations
- Quick Facts Q&A
- Target Organization Size
- Customization & Add-ons
- Module Descriptions
- User Reviews
Acumatica Real World Evaluations
Wondering if Acumatica is right for your organization? To better understand if it is a fit for you, explore data detailing the functional requirements, anticipated spending ranges, and company attributes of 50 businesses who recently considered purchasing Acumatica.
Quick Facts Q&A
What functionality does Acumatica include?
Acumatica offers a wide range of ERP functionality including:
- Financial Management: General ledger, consolidations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, currency management, tax management, deferred revenue accounting, fixed assets, recurring revenue management.
- Distribution Management: Inventory management, sales order management, purchase order management, requisition management.
- Customer Management: Reporting and dashboards, sales automation, business intelligence, integrated marketing, service and support, self-service portal.
- Project Accounting: Project cost tracking, advanced billing, time and expense.
- Manufacturing Management: Bill of material and routings, production management, material requirements planning (MRP), product configurator, production management, estimating.
- Field Service Management: Service contract management, warranty management, equipment maintenance, scheduling, dispatching, call center management, route planning, mobile support.
How much does Acumatica cost?
Pricing for Acumatica is dependent on a number of factors including deployment choice (in-house versus SaaS hosted), functionality, and selected support/services.
Based on recent activity, 70.3% of buyers who considered Acumatica had spending ranges in the tens of thousands of dollars range (USD) for their estimated total cost of ownership over a 3 year period. The median expected spending range for reviewers of Acumatica was $50k.
Customized pricing for Acumatica is available and additional Acumatica cost data can be found below.
What are the licensing options for Acumatica?
Acumatica offers flexible licensing that allows for either the purchase of a perpetual license (for internal hosting) or a software-as-a-service monthly fixed rate (software hosted by Acumatica).
Another unique factor for Acumatica licensing is that costs are not dependent on user count. Acumatica licenses include unlimited users.
Licensing costs for Acumatica are determined by which applications are selected for licensing. For organizations who choose the SaaS option and have Acumatica host the software, costs will also depend on how much computing power and data storage is provided by the selected hosting plan.
Who sells Acumatica?
Acumatica can be purchased directly through a network of licensed value-added resellers.
Certified resellers can provide licensing as well as additional services for consulting, support, and services.
What industries is Acumatica appropriate for?
Acumatica is designed for use by companies in a wide range of industries.
Based on recent review activity, Acumatica is most commonly considered by companies in the following industries: distribution, professional services, manufacturing, commercial & service, and non-profit.
For a detailed breakdown of buyer reviews by company industry, see below.
What size companies use Acumatica?
Acumatica is designed for organizations in the small and medium-sized business (SMB) market.
Based on recent review activity, the median employee count for organizations who recently reviewed Acumatica as an option for a software acquisition was 50.
For more data pertaining to the target organizational size for Acumatica, see below.
Is Acumatica cloud-based?
Acumatica is a fully web-based application that uses a web browser for the user interface. As such Acumatica natively provides cloud access to users, whether purchased on a perpetual license basis and deployed on a corporate server or licensed as a SaaS offering hosted by Acumatica.
What kind of tech support is available for Acumatica?
Certified sellers of Acumatica offer a variety of services including implementation planning, training and support.
Additionally, Acumatica hosts a customer portal which provides access to product downloads, a searchable knowledge base, and product documentation. Also, Acumatica offers a premier support program option which provides online case management, chat support, and emergency after-hours support.
Can Acumatica be customized?
Yes. In addition to providing configuration tools within the software suite, Acumatica provides a web application development platform (Acumatica Framework) for the development of business applications.
What additional 3rd party software is available to augment Acumatica?
A variety of 3rd party add-on products have been designed to integrate with Acumatica and offer additional functionality. A list of add-on products can be found below.
Acumatica includes a broad offering of functionality typical of ERP programs including: financial management, customer management, project accounting, distribution management, manufacturing management, field service management, and multi-channel order management.
|Accounts Payable||Yes||Vendor prepayments; prepaid expense recognition; payment approvals workflow|
|Accounts Receivable||Yes||HTML, PDF, Excel invoice options; recurring billing support, contract templates; credit card processing; AR customer portal|
|Equipment Management||Yes||Equipment maintenance scheduling; location tracking; warranty management|
|Bank Reconciliation||Yes||Bank statement import; reconcile balances while adding bank charges, interest, and other transactions|
|Benefits Management||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Bill of Materials||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Billing||Yes||Recurring billing; multiple formats for invoicing; customer portal|
|Budgeting||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Business Intelligence||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Cash Flow Management||Yes||Cash account reporting; cash requirements prediction; cash account access control; unlimited currencies|
|Commissions Management||Yes||Commission calculation; AR commission tracking|
|Credit Card Processing||Yes||Accept PCI-compliant credit card payment; connect to bank processing center with included plug-ins|
|Customer Relationship Management||Yes||Customer reporting and dashboards; sales automation; marketing lead management and campaign performance tracking|
|eCommerce||No||Cash account reporting; cash requirements prediction; cash account access control; unlimited currencies|
|EDI||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Employee Records||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Estimating||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Field Service Management||Yes||Scheduling, dispatching, & call center; route management; contract management|
|Fixed Asset Tracking||Yes||Multiple depreciation methods; purchase order integration|
|Fund Accounting||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Fundraising Management||No||3rd party add-on software available|
|General Ledger||Yes||Central repository for collecting and analyzing|
|Human Resources||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Inventory Control||Yes||Inventory sub-items; multiple valuation methods (standard, moving, FIFO); multiple warehouses; lot and serial tracking; transfers|
|Job Costing||Yes||Expense allocation; revenue recognition; budget tracking; link timesheets to specific projects|
|Manufacturing Execution System||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Material Requirements Planning||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Payroll||Yes||Pay groups for processing multiple period payments; earning codes; deductions and benefits|
|Point-of-Sale||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Project Management||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Purchasing||Yes||Automated purchase orders based on stock replenishment levels; multilevel approvals|
|Quotes||Yes||Sales quotes; quote-to-invoice conversion|
|Recruitment and Talent Management||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Sales Forecasting||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Sales Order Management||Yes||Flexible discounts & promotions; shipping integration; multiple & partial fulfillment; pick lists; RMA with reason codes|
|Time Tracking||No||3rd party add-on software available|
|Warehouse Management (Advanced)||No||Acumatica certified 3rd party add-on software available|
|Work Order Management||Yes||Service scheduling, dispatching, and call center; job assignment|
Acumatica is a common ERP choice by companies spanning a wide variety of industries.
Pricing for Acumatica depends on a variety of factors including: selected module suits, deployment preference (internal/SaaS), bandwidth/storage (SaaS only), and implementation and support requirements. Unlike many other ERP solutions, however, user count does not affect Acumatica pricing, as Acumatica licenses support unlimited users.
The following chart displays a breakdown of the estimated maximum spending range reported by recent software buyers who considered Acumatica for a purchase.
Target Organization Size
Acumatica is designed for use by organizations of varying company sizes. The median size of organizations who consider Acumatica is 50 employees, based on review activity.
Customizations and Add-ons
Acumatica offers numerous opportunities for customization of product functionality. Configuration options include the ability to set up input validation, screen customization (including theming), and user level personalization. The Acumatica Framework allows for development of custom business applications on the Acumatica platform. Additionally numerous add-on products have been designed for use in conjunction with Acumatica.
The following is a list of some of the most popular 3rd party add-on products designed to augment the functionality of Acumatica:
|EBizCharge||Century Business Solutions||Credit card processing integration|
|Electronic Funds Transfer for Accounts Payable||SWK Technologies||Accounts payable|
|UnForm Document Management||SDSI||Document management|
|Shopping Cart Elite||Shopping Cart Elite||Ecommerce|
|B2B Gateway||B2B Gateway||EDI|
|JAAS Advanced Manufacturing Software||JAAS Systems||Manufacturing management|
|Kensium Magento Connector||Kensium Solutions||Ecommerce|
|Product Configurator||Kensium Solutions||Product configuration|
|FusionRMS||Fusion Software||Retail management|
|Spitfire Project Management System||Spitfire Management||Project management|
|Fusion Warehouse Management||Fusion Software||Warehouse management|
|InfinityHR||Infinity Software Solutions||Human resources|
|Edisoft Merchant Cloud Services||EdiSoft||EDI|
|Positive Pay for Accounts Payable||SWK Technologies||Positive pay|
|Imperium||Integrated Business Systems||Property management|
|Warehouse Management Solution||RIC Group||Warehouse management|
The product information presented on this page is based on information provided by the developer and from previous software buyers who considered the software via Find Accounting Software referrals. Last update: 7/6/2017.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Module allows companies to manage liabilities for purchased and received goods and services.
The AP module helps you automate payment processing, predict cash requirements, track vendor balances, and gather statistical information. Highlighted Features
Acumatica allows you to enter prepayment requests, issue prepayments to vendors, and apply prepayments to vendor invoices once they are received. You can assign prepayments to the same GL account as the customer AP balance or designate a dedicated prepayment account. The vendor prepayments balance is kept separate from the regular AP balance in order to maintain deposits as an asset account.
Prepaid Expense Recognition
Each AP line item can be assigned a deferred expense schedule to you can accurately recognize expenses in the proper reporting period. Acumatica will automatically split the expense between the prepaid expense asset and expense accounts and recognize the expense after running the prepaid expense recognition process.
Use, VAT, and Withholding Tax Support
The AP module automatically calculates Use and VAT Taxes and prepares reports for tax filing and reporting. Each vendor can be assigned a default tax zone which includes the list of the applicable taxes and reporting municipalities for the vendor. This default information can be overridden during the bill entry. Tax calculation options include multiple number of tax items per document line, deduction of tax amount from the price, and tax on tax calculation. Acumatica also supports Withholding tax calculations.
- Payment Approval Process - Bills can be automatically approved for payments or go through a payment approval process so you can prioritize or delay the bill payment, select the account the bill should be paid from, and select a method of payment. Once the bill is approved for the payment you can print the check or issue an electronic payment.
- Multiple AP Accounts in GL - Acumatica allows you to link different groups of Vendors to different AP accounts in the GL. The default Vendor AP account can be overridden during the Bill or Payment entry process. Acumatica automatically tracks which account was selected and offsets the correct account and amount when the payment is applied.
- Multiple Currencies Support - Acumatica allows you to manage vendors who issue invoices or accept invoices in a foreign currency by keeping a separate balance for each foreign currency. The system will automatically look up the effective currency rate and calculate the document amounts in your base currency. Currency triangulation and the realized gain/loss calculation is automatically performed by the system. Unrealized gains and losses can be calculated through the AP foreign currency balances revaluation process
- Recurrent AP Documents - Acumatica allows you to create recurring bills to reduce data entry and reduce potential errors. Set the frequency of the payment as well as the time frame. Once established, recurring bills will appear in the recurrent transaction processing screen so you can modify and release them.
- Vendor Refunds - Acumatica allows you to receive vendor refunds. The Vendor Refund document will debit a cash account and debit an AP Account. You can apply a refund towards a Debit Adjustment or Prepayment document.
- AP Aging Reports - Acumatica allows you to customize your AP aging categories and provides a full set of aging reports for analyzing your AP obligations. Aging reports provide total outstanding balances as well as past due accounts to help you analyze your AP, cash requirements, and vendors performance.
- 1099 Reporting - Acumatica will trace 1099 information for each vendor that is designated as a 1099 type. The 1099 box is determined by the system based on the expense account but can be overridden when recording invoices. Acumatica tracks 1099 payments and produces the appropriate 1099 reports. You can specify the minimum amount of each type of 1099 box within the year.
- Vendor Account Security - Acumatica allows you to specify which individuals and roles can view and modify vendor account information and balances in order to prevent unauthorized account access and restrict sensitive vendor information.
- Audit Trail - The AP module provides a complete audit trail of all customer transactions. After a document is released, you cannot delete or cancel the document - to correct mistakes, you must enter a correcting AP document to reverse the incorrect entry. Acumatica keeps the details of all AP Documents, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by having notes as well as supporting electronic documents attached directly to the transactions.
The Accounts Receivable (AR) module allows companies to manage receivables and automate billing operations tasks.
The AR module is used to enter customer invoices, send customer statements, collect and apply payments, verify customer balances, track sales commissions, and deliver customer reports.
Invoice and Statement Delivery
Acumatica allows you to automate the creation and delivery of customer invoices and statements. Acumatica can format statements for printing or generate documents in HTML or PDF formats for delivery via email. Copies of all documents are stored with the customer record for future reference and auditing.
Credit Card Processing
An integrated credit card processing facility automates bank card processing while providing flexibility to manually enter charges, void transactions, and issue refunds. Acumatica includes inquiry screens to view credit card transactions and issue warnings about expiring credit cards. You can connect to any bank processing center by using one of the included processing plug-ins or by building a custom plug-in using our SDK.
Deferred Revenue Recognition
Acumatica provides deferred revenue calculations to support your revenue recognition requirements. While entering invoices, you can assign a deferred revenue code to each line item. The deferred revenue code describes the recognition schedule that is used to post revenue to a designated liability account for tracking deferred revenue. When you run the deferred revenue process, Acumatica will recognize the current part of deferred revenue and generate the appropriate transactions.
- Recurring Billing - Acumatica supports several types of charges including recurring monthly fees, setup fees, renewal fees, consumption based fees, overage charges, and minimum charge amounts so you can bill any type of customer agreement. You can create contract templates which specify start and end dates, renewal terms, a billing schedule, and line items. Contracts are linked to case management and employee time sheets so you can include billable hours and customer support hours in your customer bills.
- Multiple AR Accounts in GL - Acumatica allows you to map different groups of customers to different AR accounts in the GL by specifying a default AR account for each customer. The default AR account can be overridden during the document entry. Acumatica automatically tracks which account was selected and offsets the correct account and amount when the customer payment is applied.
- Multiple Currencies Support - Acumatica allows you to issue customer invoices and collect customer payments in a foreign currency. In order to track customer balances and provide accurate reporting, Acumatica maintains the customer balance in the foreign currency as well as your base currency. Automatic currency translation provides real-time adjustments based on the effective rate. When the payment is applied, Acumatica does currency triangulation and computes the realized gain/loss. Unrealized gains and losses are calculated using the AR foreign currency balances revaluation process.
- Automated Tax Reporting - The AR module automatically calculates Sales and VAT taxes and prepares reports for tax filing and reporting. Each customer can be assigned a default tax zone which includes the list of taxable items and reporting municipalities. This default information can be overridden during the document entry. Tax calculation options include multiple number of tax items per document line, deduction of tax amount from the price, and tax on tax calculation.
- Customer Balances and Credit Limit Verification - Acumatica enforces credit limits when you enter invoices in order to limit your exposure to uncollectible debts. You can specify a credit limit amount and a maximum overdue period for each customer. Depending on the customer configuration options, Acumatica can block invoice processing or issue a warning. Acumatica can automatically create dunning messages for past-due accounts and temporarily increase credit limits.
- Payment Reversal and Automatic Payment application - Acumatica allows you to automatically apply payments to the oldest outstanding documents to reduce the time spent matching payments to invoices. If a payment was recorded or applied incorrectly, you can void the entire payment or the application of the payment. All affected document balances will be automatically reversed.
- Sales Commission Calculation - Acumatica automatically calculates sales commissions based on a sales commission schedule. The sales commission can be split among multiple salespeople, linked to specific line items on an invoice, and paid when the invoice is issued or when the payment is received. Sales commissions can be calculated on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
- Overdue Charges Calculation - Acumatica automatically calculates and applies overdue charges to help you improve your collection rate. Overdue charges are computed as a percentage or as a minimum overdue charge amount. You can assign the overdue charge code to the statement cycle and automatically perform the overdue charge calculation prior to the statement cycle closure.
- Small Balances Write-off - Acumatica can simplify your operations by writing off small document balances. You can specify the maximum write-off limit and specify the list of the customers available for the write off.
- Customer Account Security - Acumatica allows you to specify which individuals and roles can view and modify customer account information and balances in order to prevent unauthorized account access and restrict sensitive customer information.
- Audit Trails - The AR module provides a complete audit trail of all customer transactions. After a document is released, you cannot delete or cancel the document - to correct mistakes, you must enter a correcting AR document to reverse the wrong entry. The system keeps the details of all AR Documents, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by having notes as well as supporting electronic documents attached directly to the transactions.
The Cash Management (CA) module allows you to manage day to day operations related to cash transactions, cash balances, funds transfer, and bank account reconciliation.
The Cash Management module is integrated with the General Ledger and other financial modules.
Integration with Financial Modules
The Cash Management module is seamlessly integrated with the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable modules. All cash account transactions entered in these modules will automatically be collected by the Cash Management module for clearing and reconciliation. Transactions entered in the Cash Management module which are linked to a vendor or customer account will create entries in the Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable modules and update the appropriate balances.
Cash Account Transfers
Acumatica allows you to transfer funds between bank accounts and track funds that are in-transit. If you transfer between accounts in different currencies, Acumatica will automatically calculate the realized currency gains or losses. You can also record any associated bank expenses directly in transfer form.
Bank Account Reconciliation
Acumatica simplifies the process of reconciling your account balances with bank statements. For each bank account you can enter the statement information provided by the bank and reconcile it with cash account transactions in the system. While performing the reconsideration you can add bank charges, bank interest, and record any omitted cash related transactions directly from the reconciliation screen.
- Petty Cash Management - The Cash Transactions entry screen allows you to quickly manage petty cash and back account balances. You can view the transaction history for a specific date range and switch between detailed and daily views. Acumatica will trace both uncleared and cleared balances and provide you with ability to clear and add cash related transactions directly from the inquiry screen.
- Remittance and Payment Instructions - Acumatica helps you gather complete payment information from vendors and customers when accounts are established by linking required information to the type of payment preferred. For example, if a customer wants to pay by credit card you will need to gather specific information, while if a customer wants to pay by wire transfer, you may have to include specific information on your customer remittance form.
- Processing Centers - Acumatica allows you to configure the list of processing centers that you will use for cash collection and associate customer payment methods with a particular processing center. This information is used in the Accounts Receivable module for automated credit card processing.
- Multiple Currencies Support - Acumatica allows you to maintain cash account balances in both your base currency and your bank account currency. You can execute cash account revaluation to reflect the changes associated with change in currency rate. When you transfer funds between cash accounts in different currencies, Acumatica automatically performs the realized gain and loss calculations.
- Cash Account Security - Acumatica allows you to control who can the access cash account information and balances. By activating this option you can prevent an authorized account access and restrict sensitive company information.
- Cash Account Reporting - The Cash Management module provides several reports to reconcile cash accounts balances and manage short term cash reserves as well as forecasts and projections. You can drill down inside summary reports to review the detailed transactions.
- Audit Trail - The Cash Management module provides a complete audit trail of all cash related transactions. When a cash transaction is released, you cannot delete or cancel it - to correct mistakes, you must enter a correcting transaction to reverse the incorrect entry. The system maintains details of all entered or imported transactions, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by linking notes and supporting electronic documents directly to transactions.
The Currency Management (CM) module provides functionality to support multiple currencies so you can do business internationally and manage international subsidiaries.
Once activated, operations in multiple currencies become available through all the financial modules.
Realized Gains and Losses Calculation
Acumatica automatically calculates realized gains and losses from foreign currency transactions entered into the other financial modules. This can include receiving payments from customers, issuing payments to vendors, and transferring funds between accounts.
Unrealized Gains and Losses Adjustments
Acumatica can compute and create adjusting entries for unrealized gains and losses associated with AP liabilities and AR assets recorded in foreign currencies. Before closing the financial period, you can run the unrealized gain and loss calculation process to prepare auto-reversing entries in the GL for all open documents recorded in foreign currencies.
Financial Statement Translation
Acumatica provides financial statement translations so you can manage subsidiaries that operate in a foreign currency or submit your financial statements in a foreign currency. You can define the appropriate rules for translating GL account balances and Acumatica will perform the translation of the trial balance into a foreign currency following FASB-52 standards. Translation gains and losses are automatically calculated. You can automate the consolidation of financial statements from multiple subsidiaries by using this functionality in combination with the consolidation features in the GL module.
- Revaluation of GL Accounts
- Unlimited Currencies and Rate Types
- Configurable Handling of Rounding Differences
- Complete Tracking of Gains and Losses
- Currency Rate Lookup
- Historical and Auditing Reports
- Audit Trail
Customer Management Suite
The Customer Management Suite provides a web-based customer relationship management (CRM) application for managing leads, contacts, opportunities, and business accounts.
Integrated financials and content management foster a team approach and deliver a single consolidated view of all customer contacts. Dashboards and reports provide real-time sales data to accurately manage forecasts, quotas, and results.
Below is a list of features that just scratches the surface of what the Customer Management Suite Provides:
Acumatica provides sales tools which improve information flow, reduce sales cycles, increase close rates, and improve sales efficiency. Sales teams are provided with a complete view of leads, opportunities, and contacts so they are aware of all activities which influence the sales decision. Lead assignment and workflow help manage sales processes to improve efficiency.
Acumatica provides marketing tools to manage leads, improve conversions, measure campaign performance, communicate with contacts, and improve productivity. Marketing teams can capture leads from web forms, purchased lists, advertisements, direct mail, events, and other sources. Captured leads can receive branded email offers. Lead reports help you track the best channels for obtaining qualified leads.
Service and Support Automation
Acumatica provides service management tools to reduce response times, improve customer satisfaction, reduce support costs, and accurately bill transactions. Support personnel can capture inquiries from web forms or enter them manually to create a case. Once created, cases are assigned and escalated according to policies that you set. Integration with financial modules ensures that cases are billed according to client support contracts.
Analytics and Forecasting
Acumatica provides reporting tools which help improve forecasting, improve information flow, measure conversion rates, and reduce deviation from sales targets. Reports and dashboards can be customized to provide a real-time view of the key performance indicators - executives can view overall trends, marketing can view conversion rates, and salespeople can follow the purchasing patterns of top customers.
The Deferred Revenue Management (DR) module allows you to automate and accurately account for situations where you need to recognize revenue in future time periods. Automate any deferred calculation by assigning a schedule to any transaction line item or inventory component.
Acumatica’s advanced deferred revenue functionality is included at no extra cost with the Acumatica Financial Suite. Integration with other financial modules provides accurate accounting of both deferred revenues and deferred expenses. Highlighted Features
Deferred Revenue Accounting
Acumatica automatically calculates deferred revenue accounts according to schedules that you establish. As time passes, deferred revenue is automatically recognized so your financial statements are automatically updated.
Deferred Revenue Administration
Create revenue recognition templates and assign them to line items on revenue transactions. Each template can specify start date, recognition method, percentage to recognize immediately, number of occurrences, and time within the period to generate transactions. Each template can be linked to accounts, subaccounts, and inventory components.
Customized Deferral Schedules
Create deferred schedules based on deferred templates or create custom schedules to model complex requirements. Each schedule can be linked to specific transactions and line numbers on any income document.
Multiple Recognition Methods
Recognize revenue evenly across financial periods, prorate recognition by the number of days, or recognize revenue when payments are received. This level of flexibility allows you comply with all recognition requirements - even in situations where revenue collection is uncertain.
Integrated with other Financial Modules
Deferred templates can also be applied to transactions in the Accounts Payable module so you can amortize expenses. Deferred schedules can be linked to Inventory items so Sales Orders and Purchase Orders are processed according to the proper accounting rules.
- Component Based Revenue Recognition
- Deferred Revenue in Multiple Currencies
- Advanced Recognition Scheduling
- Automated Reporting
- Audit Trail
The Employee Portal (EP) module allows companies to automate the process of entering timesheets, submitting expense claims, and assigning work.
Acumatica makes it easy to involve everybody in your organization because there is no client software to install and access permissions prevent users from viewing other modules or information.
Expense Claim Reporting
Using only a web browser, employees can submit expense claims with scanned receipts and supporting documents. Once submitted, the expense claim will be assigned for approval according to predefined assignment rules. After the claim has been approved, Acumatica will create a bill in accounts payable to initiate the reimbursement and will generate a customer invoice if expenses were designated as billable to a customer.
While working from anywhere, employees can complete worksheets where they document activities for the day. Timesheets allow workers to specify a customer, a contract, worked hours, and billable hours. Once approved by a supervisor, timesheets can automatically update contract usage and generate a customer bill.
Employees can create tasks associated with documents and assign these tasks to other employees or work groups. The task inquiry screen provides a central location where employees can see tasks that were assigned from any module as well as see tasks that have been escalated for follow up. Acumatica makes it easy for employees to add their task list to a dashboard and drill down inside to view task and document details.
- Event Management - An integrated event management system allows you to assign a default calendar specifying the working hours for each worker. Workers can use the calendar to schedule appointments and indicate absences and non-working hours. Calendar information can be shared across organizations to streamline scheduling and resource management.
- Organization Chart - Acumatica allows you to build a company organization chart by specifying company positions and departments as well as the direct report for each company employee.
- Assignment Rules - Acumatica provides a flexible mechanism for assigning work and approving expense claims and timesheets. You can assign tasks differently according to parameters such as the employee who created the document and the document amount. Once assigned, Acumatica will generate a task for the appropriate work group and user.
- Escalation Routes - Acumatica allows you to establish hierarchies for escalating work items. You can organize company employees into work groups based on the executed tasks or operations. For each escalation step you can specify a time interval, which is used to automatically escalate incomplete work items.
- Activity History - Acumatica provides an inquiry screen to trace all activities performed by an employee. Each activity allows you to navigate to the documents or entities associated with the activity.
- Audit Trail - The Employee Portal module provides a complete audit trail of all employee transactions. After a document is approved and released, you cannot delete or cancel the document - to correct mistakes, you must enter a correcting or reversing entry. Acumatica keeps the details of all EP Documents, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by having notes as well as supporting electronic documents attached directly to the transactions.
Fixed Assets Management
The Fixed Assets (FA) Management module provides complete visibility into your assets and depreciation calculations. Using this module you can add fixed assets from AP purchases, import them from a file, or add them individually. Depreciation schedules are automatically created and detailed reports are available.
The Fixed Assets module is integrated with all other financial modules and sold separately from the rest of the financial suite.
Multiple Depreciation Methods
Select from a huge number of predefined depreciation schedules or create your own. Acumatica supports accelerated cost recovery system (ACRS), modified ACRS, straight-line, declining-balance, sum of years’ digits, remaining value, flat rate, units of production, and custom methods. Each depreciation method can include different averaging conventions as well as useful life and recovery periods.
Purchase Order Integration
Integration with the Purchase Order Module allows you to easily convert purchases into fixed assets without re-entering data. Eligible purchases are automatically displayed to simplify the conversion process.
Tax Benefit Support
Acumatica provides multiple depreciation books, multiple calendars, special depreciation bonuses, and tax benefit recapture capabilities to help you accurately account for complex tax rules. Learn more in the additional features section below.
- Multiple Depreciation Books - Acumatica provides the ability to create multiple depreciation books. This allows you to create depreciation schedules that do not update the general ledger for tax and reporting purposes. For tax and reporting books, you can assign calendar years that are independent of your actual financial ledger.
- Multiple Asset Types - Manage multiple property types including owned property, leases, rentals, and granted property. You can also track assets that are leased or rented to others.
- US Tax Bonuses - The US IRS code Section 179 specifies bonuses that reduce the depreciable basis for the first year of an asset’s useful life. Acumatica supports these calculations as well as the ability to reverse these benefits if you dispose of the asset prior prematurely.
- Multiple Averaging Options - Select different averaging methods such as full period, mid-period, next period, modified half period, full quarter, full year, full day, and more.
- Fixed Asset Tools - Asset manipulation tools allow you to make mass changes to several fixed assets at once. These tools include processing depreciation schedules, releasing fixed asset transactions, converting purchases to fixed assets, and generating fixed asset calendars.
- Fixed Asset Classes - You can create fixed asset classes to group assets and simplify order entry for commonly used schedules.
- Fixed Asset Reporting - The Fixed Asset module provides several reports to help you manage asset acquisitions, disposals, asset balances, asset net values, future projections, and depreciation transactions. You can drill down inside summary reports to review the detailed transactions.
- Audit Trail - The Fixed Assets module provides a complete audit trail of all related transactions. A complete history of all transactions is maintained so you can see the details of all entered or imported transactions, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by linking notes and supporting electronic documents directly to transactions.
The General Ledger (GL) module provides a central repository for collecting and analyzing your financial information.
Entries can be made directly into the GL or they can be made from other application modules and then posted to the General Ledger module.
Flexible GL Account and Sub Account Structure
Acumatica allows you to define the structure of your GL accounts and sub accounts. By defining segments, segment lengths, and segment values, you can meet your reporting and analytical requirements. You can easily extend your account structure and change account values after your initial implementation. Changes are immediately reflected across the system.
Account and Sub Account Security
Acumatica allows you to control which users and roles can view and create transactions for specific GL accounts and sub accounts in order to protect sensitive data and improve the accuracy of data entry. Use the “on-the-fly” entry feature to restrict the list of available sub accounts based on pre-defined combinations of segment values. This simplifies order entry for complex sub account structures.
Acumatica allows you to import financial data from different entities to create consolidated financial reporting and analysis. The import process works even if entities keep their books in different currencies or have different account and sub account structures. Corrections for minority interests, inter-company transfers, and other transactions are preserved inside the consolidating company ledger so they are not affected with subsequent consolidations.
- Advanced Financial Reporting - Integrated reporting tools utilize the GL account and sub account structure so you can design financial statements that are tailored for your business based on the sub account segment structure and configured hierarchy. Reports can be published on the web or distributed through email in Excel or PDF formats.
- On-The-Fly Sub Account Entry - Enable on-the-fly entry to automatically add new combinations of valid subaccount segments to the list of available sub-accounts during data entry. This feature allows you to maintain complex reporting requirements without having to pre-define and maintain complex segmented GL sub account structures.
- Flexible Configuration of Financial Periods - Select monthly, bi-monthly, annual, or define a custom set of financial periods. Keep financial periods open as long as required to complete data entry and audit the balances. During data entry, the system will automatically suggest the financial period that corresponds to the transaction date and issue a warning if you override the period to protect against errors associated with multiple open periods.
- Multiple Currencies Support - Activate multiple currency support to enter GL transactions in different currencies. The system maintains balances in the base currency and the foreign currency based on translation rules that you establish.
- Automatic Allocation of GL Balances - Distribute GL account balances over multiple accounts and sub-accounts based on predefined allocation rules. Establish allocation rules based on percentages, quantities, statistical data, or proportionally to other GL account balances. You can create and run multiple subsequent allocation templates.
- GL Accounts Budgeting and Budget Approval - Create an unlimited number of budget scenarios to maintain optimistic, pessimistic, and expected budgets. Establish access rights so teams can provide input into the budget process without viewing salaries or information from other subsidiaries. Once approved, budgets can be used for comparative analysis in financial statements and analysis reports as well as for monitoring expenditures.
- Drill Down to Original Documents - Utilize a complete set of inquiry screens and reports to gain immediate access to GL balances. Drill down to the originating document from any inquiry screen or report, even if the transaction was created in another module.
- Reversing and Auto-Reversing Entries - Reverse GL transactions with one button click. Create automatically reversing transactions that generate the reversing entry in the next financial period during the post procedure or when the financial period closes.
- Recurring Transactions - Create recurring transactions based on specific schedules and time periods. Specify templates with expiration dates, execution limits, and custom execution schedules.
- Audit Trails - The GL module provides a complete audit trail of all journal transactions. After a transaction is posted, you cannot delete or cancel the transaction - to correct mistakes, you must enter a correcting GL transaction to reverse the incorrect entry. The system keeps the details of all GL transactions, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record.The auditing process is simplified by having notes as well as supporting electronic documents attached directly to the transactions.
The Inventory Management module provides real-time access to available inventory, inventory in transit, reorder quantities, and inventory costs so you can efficiently manage your distribution process to improve customer satisfaction while maximizing profits.
The inventory module is a key component of the Distribution Suite and is integrated with the Financial Suite as well as the Order Management and Purchasing Management modules.
Multiple Valuation Methods
Acumatica allows you to value your inventory using standard cost, moving average, FIFO, and item specific methods. You can select a different valuation method for each inventory item. A set of report and inquiry screens provides up-to-date valuations and allows you to make direct adjustments to cost and physical inventory count.
Acumatica allows you to manage multiple warehouses with location specific inventory quantities, allocations, and costs. For each warehouse you may specify the access rights to determine the group of people who can access warehouse information and enter inventory transactions. In order to trace inventory valuation in the GL, you can assign multiple warehouses to specific inventory accounts.
Lot and Serial Numbering
Acumatica allows you to track inventory by lot or serial number. Lot and serial numbers can be assigned or entered manually when you receive, issue, or assemble inventory items. Serial numbers can be linked with item specific valuation methods to account for the cost of inventory per lot/serial number. Inquiry screens and reports will provide you an option to find out the lot/serial item history.
- Inventory Bin/Location Control - Acumatica allows you to create a physical and logical warehouse structure using inventory bins and location controls. For each warehouse location you can specify the types of items and transactions that are allowed, the picking priority, and the cost of the items. Report and inquiry screens allow you to see available inventory and allocation details for each inventory location.
- Inventory Subitems - Acumatica allows you to separate items into sub-categories so you can track inventory characteristics such as size, color, and style. You can associate separate cost and quality information with each subitem. Inventory reports and inquiry screens allow you to see detailed segment information as well as aggregated inventory totals.
- Expiration Dates - Acumatica allow you to assign an expiration date for each lot and serial number so expired items can be deducted from your list of available inventory. Acumatica can automatically issue items with the earliest expiration date to minimize losses. Reports and inquiry screens allow you to monitor expiring items.
- Negative Inventory - Acumatica can allow a negative inventory balance for an individual item or group of items. Over-issued items will use most recent historical cost until the item is received. When received, Acumatica will match the receipt cost with issue cost and generate a cost adjustment for the difference. Negative quantities and values may apply to one site or location while aggregated inventory is positive. Appropriate warnings are issued on transactions that will result in negative inventory.
- Multiple Inventory Accounts - Acumatica allows you to create multiple inventory accounts and subaccounts for different groups of items so you can maintain a detailed balance of your inventory on the GL. Inventory account and subaccount codes can be derived from the warehouse or the inventory item. When you change an inventory account, newly received inventory will be assigned to the new account while issued inventory will be deducted from the old account until the inventory is depleted.
- Transaction Reason Codes - Acumatica allows you to assign reason codes to inventory transactions so you can measure trends and spot problems. Reason codes can be linked to both GL accounts and inventory levels for financial and operational reporting. Subaccounts can be assigned automatically depending upon the type of operation, the warehouse, or the person who enters the transaction.
- Two Step Transfers - Acumatica completes inventory transfers in two steps so you can track goods in transit between locations. The first step deducts inventory from the warehouse of origin and increases the Goods in Transit GL account. When goods are received the Goods in Transit GL account is reduced and the destination site quantity and value is increased.
- Inventory Allocation - Acumatica maintains detailed cost allocation information on all inventory related transactions. Allocation information is constantly updated for all transactions as well as anticipated receipts and issues. You can drill down the allocation details and navigate to the original documents that results the allocation.
- Physical Inventory - Using the physical inventory count features you can organize your goods based on ABC codes and movement classes and conduct regular cyclic count of your inventory. Items that are included in the count are locked in inventory and no operations that affect warehouse quantity are allowed. Once the count is completed you can continue the operation and enter the count result later. Once the count results are entered system will generate appropriate inventory adjustment based on historical snapshot.
- Drill Down to Original Document - Acumatica’s inventory module provides a complete set of inquiry screens and auditing reports that helps you analyze your stock and reconcile your inventory balances. Most reports and inquiry screens allow you to drill down to the original transactions.
- Inventory and Warehouse Security - Acumatica allows you to control which users and roles can view and create transactions for inventory items and inventory warehouses in order to improve the accuracy of the data entry and enforce inventory control.
- Audit Trail - The Inventory Management Module provides a complete audit trail of all inventory transactions. After a transaction is released it cannot be deleted - to correct mistakes, you must enter a correcting transaction to reverse the incorrect entry. The system keeps the details of all Inventory transactions, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by having notes as well as supporting electronic documents attached directly to the transactions.
Control your manufacturing business from first customer contact all the way through fulfillment and invoicing. Acumatica provides real-time data so you get up-to-the-second status of orders, production, inventory, shipping, invoicing, and support. This allows you to optimize inventory, production, and on-time performance.
Control operating costs
Streamline your entire business process - from materials planning to production to shipping, invoicing, and accounting. Acumatica is web-based so you can access your business data and documents from headquarters, factories, remote offices, and while traveling.
Optimize inventory, production, and sales
Unlimited user pricing allows you to involve employees, partners, and customers so you can automate ALL business processes - even processes that span offices, factories, warehouses, and external partners. This allows you to make informed decisions regarding production, sales flexibility, inventory overhead, and your bottom line.
Features built for manufacturers
The Acumatica Manufacturing Suite is software built for manufacturing companies. Everything you need is included in one integrated package:
- Flexible bill of materials for complex production processes
- Make to stock, assemble to order, and make to order capabilities
- Planning for seasonality and uncertain demand
- Configurable for job shops, discrete manufacturing, and repetitive production
- Fulfillment, shipping, and logistics
- Invoicing and billing
- Sales automation and service management
- Real-time reporting of job costs and profitability
Managing a non-profit is more complicated than following and executing your mission statement. Acumatica delivers the tools you need to intelligently manage your financials to maintain compliance with IRS reporting requirements and better manage your funds.
Maintain control of your programs
Utilize Acumatica sub-accounts to separate programs that have funds ear marked for a specific purpose. With sub-accounts you can categorize expenses so they track to a specific program. Vendor expenses can be allocated to a specific program so real-time reports notify you of program balances.
Real-time financial reports
Acumatica includes two report writers that allow you to customize and create new reports. All reports can be added to menus and selected from dashboards so they are easy to find. Reports are delivered in real-time and include only data that users are authorized to see. The Acumatica account structure allows you to create one report that automatically produces budgets and expenses for all funds - even new funds that you create.
Features built for non-profits
The Acumatica Financial Management Suite contains all the key features you need in one integrated package:
- General Ledger with ability to track programs
- Budgeting and real-time tracking of expenses
- Financial report writer
- Accounts Payable for managing purchases
- Integrated customer management features for communicating with donors and clients
The Sales Order Management module allows you to optimize the way you quote, approve, and fulfill sales orders. You can split orders across multiple warehouses, verify credit limits, issue replenishment orders, accept returns, and more.
Integration with other Acumatica modules provides your entire organization with visibility into your ordering and fulfillment processes. Since Acumatica requires no client software and is priced by server, you can keep costs low and while involving everybody.
Acumatica provides integrated workflow so you can automate order processing and eliminate unnecessary steps. You can configure order statuses, status transitions, notifications, alerts, and actions that should be automatically triggered during order processing.
Configurable Order Types
Acumatica includes a predefined set of Order Types for common distribution operations and allows you to define custom order types to meet specific order processing requirements. For each order type you can specify inventory allocation rules, workflow scenario, and the type of document that will be generated in the accounts receivable and inventory modules.
Flexible Discounts and Promotions
Acumatica allows you to manage complex pricing and discount policies. You can setup quantity and volume discounts as a discount percent or an absolute discount amount. In cases where multiple discounts apply, you can specify the rules and sequences for applying discounts or allow the system to automatically apply the best discount combination. Discounts can be maintained in single and multiple currencies. You can establish rules and policies for price overrides.
- CRM Integration - Acumatica allows salespeople to convert CRM opportunities to sales orders without re-entering pricing and discount information. Customer service can easily locate customer orders to verify the delivery status. Order fulfillment personnel can associate tasks and activity history with each order.
- Purchasing Integration - Acumatica allows you to link sales orders with purchase orders so received items can be allocated to orders. Orders can automatically generate purchase orders or linked manually. Sales orders which are linked to purchase orders can be placed on hold until the purchase order is received. Drop shipment purchase order functionality is also supported.
- Multiple and Partial Dispatching - Acumatica allows you to fill a sales order with goods from more than one warehouse and specify if partial deliveries are acceptable. Based on warehouse availability and costs, Acumatica can split a sales order into multiple shipments from different warehouses. For incomplete orders, Acumatica will track the remaining sales order balance and manage back order delivery if required.
- Shipment Schedule - Acumatica allows you to specify a different delivery date for each line item on a sales order. For orders of this type, Acumatica will generate shipment orders according the delivery schedule and item availability.
- Pick List and Replenishment Orders - Acumatica prepares a pick list for each shipping order according to item availability and the pick priority for each warehouse location. If a pick location has insufficient stock to fill an order, Acumatica will search for a warehouse with quantity on hand, issue a replenishment order, and place the sales order on hold until the replenishment is fulfilled.
- Inventory Allocation - Acumatica provides real-time inventory data, including information about inventory that has been allocated. During the entry of a sales order, Acumatica will notify the user if the quantity is not available or over allocated. You can configure the inventory allocation rules for each step of sales process.
- Credit Limit Verification - Prior to releasing a sales order, Acumatica verifies that the customer’s credit limit has not been exceeded. Orders placed on credit hold are automatically released if a customer payment is entered or if the order amount is decreased. Authorized users can override the credit hold status and force order fulfillment.
- Invoice Consolidation - Multiple Shipment orders can be consolidated into the single customer invoice. Consolidation can be done automatically or orders can be combined manually. Once the consolidated invoice is prepared it can be reviewed so that price and discount information can be amended before printing the invoice and updating accounts receivable.
- RMA and Reason Codes - Acumatica includes RMA (return merchandise authorization) features which are required for receiving goods from customers. RMA orders can be processed as a credit to a customer balance or as a replacement of damaged goods. Every line can be marked with an inventory reason code to specify the return or replacement reason.
The Project Accounting Suite manages budgeting, inventory, time sheets, billing, profitability, and reporting for individual business initiatives. You create projects that are included in company wide financial reports.
Project Accounting features are integrated with the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales orders, purchase orders, inventory management, and the employee portal. Highlighted Features
Track expenses related to materials, labor, services, and inventory to gain a complete view of project related costs. Allocate shared costs and overhead expenses to projects based on formulas that you establish.
Manage all billing scenarios including cost plus, fixed price, time & materials, milestone billing, and contract specific pricing. Modify resource billing rates by project, project tasks, inventory item, employee, and account group. This provides the flexibility to bill labor and materials according to the customer, the type of work being performed, or the specific project contract.
Project budgets can include inventory items, non-stock items, labor, services, and more. Real-time reports compare actual project costs with original and revised budgets.
Time and Expense Tracking
Acumatica improves the accuracy of employee timesheets by making the process more convenient. Employees, partners, and contractors can enter timesheets from anywhere using any device with a browser. This allows them to enter information from the office, a client site, or while travelling. The same convenience applies to expense reports.
Assign project managers, employees, machines, and other resources to individual projects and tasks. Establish billing rules and options for each task.
The Purchasing Management module automates your supply chain and reduces the cost of acquiring materials. Acumatica automates the entire procurement process - vendor quotes, issuing purchase orders, receiving orders, creating AP vouchers, and analyzing results.
Web-based functionality makes it easy to deploy throughout your entire supply chain, and server-based pricing makes it economical to involve everybody in your organization.
Automatic Creation of Purchase Orders
Acumatica automatically generates purchase orders based on the inventory stock level and the inventory replenishment algorithms. Orders are placed with the vendor that best meets the price and delivery time requirements that you specify. Drop shipment purchase orders can be automatically prepared based on the information in open Sales Orders.
Purchase Order Approval
Create different approval rules based on the type of order, vendor information, order amount, and other order specific information. Purchase orders must be approved by a designated person before they can be printed and sent to the vendor.
Partial and Consolidated Receipts and Vouchers
Acumatica tracks when purchase orders are received. Orders can be partially filled, completely filled, or consolidated from multiple purchase orders into a single receipt. Acumatica automatically creates accounts payable vouchers when goods are received for complete, partial, or consolidated orders. Multiple receipts can be consolidated into a single voucher and multiple bills can be entered for a single receipt. Pricing information can be modified during the bill entry in Accounts Payable and the difference will be posted to the designated variance account.
- Blanket Orders - Blanket orders allow you aggregate several orders to receive a volume discount or stock hard-to-get items. After creating a blanket order, you can create several purchase orders that refer to the blanket order and reduce the amount of the blanket order balance. As you enter purchase orders, Acumatica automatically checks for open blanket orders and provides the option to link to them.
- Drop Shipments - Acumatica allows you to create drop shipment orders for goods that should be delivered directly to a customer location. Drop shipments can be created automatically from sales orders or entered manually by linking to a sales order from the purchase order entry screen. After the bill is entered for the drop shipment order, the corresponding sales order will be released and an invoice will be generated for the customer.
- Landed Cost Functionality - Acumatica allows you to include additional shipping and receiving costs with your purchased items. Costs can be allocated across several goods using custom allocation methods. Landed cost bills can be entered directly in Accounts Payable and associated with received items. Landed costs are automatically included in the inventory costs for stocked items. Vendor Selection and Performance Analysis Acumatica allows you to upload vendor price lists with product descriptions, prices, and delivery times. Each uploaded inventory item can be mapped to existing inventory or a new item can be created. Inventory information such as cost, quantities, and lead times can be automatically updated each time inventory is received. Statistical information is used to automatically produce purchase orders and analyze vendor performance.
- Reporting and Drill Down - Acumatica’s purchasing module provides a complete set of inquiry screens and auditing reports to help you analyze your purchasing history. Report and inquiry screens allow you to drill down to the original transactions.
- Audit Trail - The Purchasing Management Module provides a complete audit trail of all purchasing transactions. After a transaction is released, it cannot be deleted - to correct mistakes, you must enter a transaction to reverse the incorrect entry. The system keeps the details of all purchasing transactions, including the user who entered the transaction, the user who approved the transaction, and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by having notes as well as supporting electronic documents attached directly to the transactions.
The Requisition Management module allows you to organize and simplify complex distribution processes involving multiple products and suppliers. The screens optimize the way you gather requests, obtain vendor bids, create quotes, approve quotes, manage purchases, and fulfill orders for internal or external clients.
Integration with other Acumatica modules eliminates paperwork while providing sales, service, shipping, receiving, management, and others with visibility into your requisition process. Since Acumatica requires no client software and is priced by server, you can keep costs low and while involving everybody.
Acumatica saves time and eliminates paperwork by automating the process of collecting and fulfilling requests for internal consumption and for external distribution. You can authorize users to select from a your entire catalog, limit requests to specific items, or require users to enter descriptions. Acumatica automates the entire process including collecting orders, obtaining supplier bids, sending sales quotes, approving quotes, issuing purchase orders, receiving goods, fulfilling orders, creating invoices, and collecting payments.
Workflow and Approvals
Acumatica organizes how your departments and team members participate in the requisition process. Approval maps and authorizations ensure that the right people are alerted when they need to perform activities to deliver orders promptly while maximizing margins.
Eliminate paperwork and speed the bidding process by emailing requests for proposals to multiple vendors. Award the entire proposal to a single vendor or select multiple winners for different line items on the request.
Create sales quotes based on catalog pricing or cost plus algorithms. Print or email quotes to customers. When the quote is approved, automatically generate sales orders and purchase orders to fulfill your sales requests.
- Predefined Request Lists
- Hide Inventory Items
- Collect and Organize Requests
- Request Classes
- Complete Integration
- Purchasing Integration
- Sales Order Integration
Acumatica delivers a centralized view of your business so you get real-time status of orders, inventory, and profitability by location and product. Acumatica is economical for multi-location retailers, franchise operators, as well as regional and national chain stores.
Control operating costs
Streamline your entire business process - from ordering to inventory, invoicing, and accounting. Acumatica is web-based so it’s easy to link your franchises, warehouses, offices, and retail locations without the hassle of VPNs, private networks, and customized telecommunications solutions.
Integrate Point of Sale (POS) and Ecommerce orders
Acumatica’s integration services and API make it easy to integrate all your sales environments to gain a centralized view of your business. By delivering a complete view of your business across online sales, telesales, and retail sales operations, Acumatica allows you to optimize inventory, ordering, and profitability. Integrate ecommerce, credit card readers, scanners, touch screens, and all-in-one POS stations.
Optimize inventory, ordering, and sales
Unlimited user pricing allows you to involve employees, partners, and customers so you can automate ALL business processes - even processes that span multiple locations and external partners. This allows you to make informed decisions regarding ordering, pricing, promotions, inventory overhead, and your bottom line.
Features built for retailers
Acumatica includes several features for retailers, franchise operators, and restaurants. Everything you need is included in one integrated package:
- Real-time credit card processing
- Real-time reporting across multiple locations
- Time sensitive pricing and promotions
- Advanced inventory management
- Inventory sub-items for size, color, style
- Purchasing and replenishment
- Fulfillment, shipping, and logistics
- Service management
- Integrated customer management and marketing
Service Industry Software
Acumatica delivers software that you can access from anywhere so you remain productive whether you are in your home office, at a client site, or traveling. Unlimited user pricing allows your entire organization to collaborate on projects without losing control.
Advanced services accounting
Advanced accounting features streamline your standard sales process and deliver the flexibility to account for the “one-offs” that are critical to completing sales. Sales contracts can be configured to automate customer specific pricing, special terms, maintenance payments, subscriptions, and professional services work.
The Accounts Receivable Module allows you to create customer specific contracts that incorporate products, services, and billable hours. Labor rates, services, and products can have different rates for individual clients. All Employees can enter time sheets that link to specific contracts without installing client software.
Report time and expenses from anywhere
Acumatica is web-based so you can enter Timesheets and submit expense reports from anywhere without requiring access to a specific computer. Approvals and workflow can be customized to your particular business and can also be completed from anywhere.
Features built for service companies
Acumatica was designed to meet the needs of service companies. Everything you need is included in one integrated package:
- Advanced general ledger for project specific tracking
- Contract management linked to employee timesheets and expenses
- Pipeline management and CRM
- Customized workflow and approvals
The Tax Management (TX) module stores system taxation settings and provides tax audit and tax reporting functionality. Taxation settings are used across the system to provide consistent collection of sales, use, and VAT taxes.
- Multiple tax types – VAT, GST, sales, use, withholding
- Tax categories for products
- Tax zones for location specific taxes
- Tax authority tracking and reporting
- Minimum and maximum tax amounts
- Tax rounding rules
- Multiple tax levels
Wholesale Distribution Software
Acumatica gives you control of your wholesale distribution business through real-time dashboards so you can improve ordering and invoicing, manage inventory better, and deliver efficient customer service.
Control operating costs
Streamline your entire business process to improve inventory returns and reduce dead stock. Automate your entire supply chain, including leads, bids, orders, shipments, and payments. Acumatica is web-based so you can access your business data and documents from headquarters, warehouses, remote offices, and while traveling. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.
Unlimited user pricing allows you to involve employees, partners, and customers so you can automate ALL business processes - even processes that span offices, warehouses, and external partners. Acumatica gives you the option to switch between on-premise and SaaS deployments so you can minimize software costs while improving your distribution processes.
Maximize revenue opportunities through Acumatica’s flexible pricing features. Set pricing algorithms based on your latest costs or compute deal-specific prices. Use customer classes to set prices for preferred customers and define customer categories. Create customer specific pricing for key accounts.
Features built for distributors
The Acumatica Distribution Management Suite is software built for distributors. Everything you need is included in one integrated package:
- Automated order processing and e-commerce
- Inventory management
- Replenishment and transfers
- Fulfillment, shipping, and logistics
- Invoicing and billing
- Returns and reordering
- Sales automation and service management
- Drop shipments, back orders, requisitions
- Landed costs
- Interface with barcode scanners
Reviews of Acumatica ERP Write a Review
We just purchased the software and are undergoing implementation right now.
The good: It could handle customer discounting for us and it interfaced and had an add-on for Fusion for our POS needs for our stores. That was very important.
I would not recommend it. Compared to a simple program like Quickbooks, it’s nice to have more robust features, but I feel a solution like a Microsoft product is more efficient.
The good: It handled accounting very well, that’s about the best thing I can say. It’s also very nice to have the wonderful reports it can produce.
The bad: Has a lot of bugs, we had to hire a consultant to install it. It cost way more to install then they (company we bought it from) said it would. We had to hire a separate company from the one we purchased it from to install it. This company ended up having employee turnover and it was a nightmare. A lot of paying extra for features. All we wanted was a nice program that we could install and not rely on support to fix something routinely.
James from HemaSource Inc. says...
Acumatica has been a great ERP for our growing company. The core features have met most of our needs. For all additional needs our Acumatica partner has been able to easily help us extend and customize.
The good: The Acumatica platform rivals the power and flexibility of large ERP systems like SAP or Oracle
The bad: There is currently not a complete Warehouse Management module.
An anonymous Acumatica ERP user says...
We are just starting to implement it now. It seems like it has all of the flexibility we need as we are a unique organization. It has a not for profit, charity, insurance company, guarantee company and trust so we needed a lot of flexibility in the way that our transactions were reported.
Ehren from AME Corporation says...
Acumatica is ERP software that is able to manage all aspects of your business. Designed from the ground up to be truly cloud-based, provides a rich user environment and the speed of client-based solution.
The good: Their unique value is the licensing is not user based which allows unlimited users to gain access to the system. In addition, you have your choice of deployment; SaaS, Private Cloud, or Hosted Cloud.
The bad: Acumatica is a younger player in this marketplace. Some areas of the software are lacking. However, they are well funded and are making significant progress. They were at v1.2 when I purchased and we just installed v4.1. The product is getting more and more refined and continues to provide tangible value.
Steve from Conceptual MindWorks, Inc. says...
The product is very powerful and does the majority of what you would expect from accounting software. The Project Module canned reports leave much to be desired. Once the product is in place and stabilized, it works really well. Our problems have been with upgrades to the newer version.
The good: Importing feature in Accts Receivable; emailing of invoice feature; running and posting of credit cards from within the AR module.
The bad: Upgrades have been horrible. Bank rec is in a weird format (it works, but it takes getting used to); the workflow is not totally intuitive.
An anonymous Acumatica ERP user says...
Flexible, easy to use, lots of options out of the box
The good: Easy access via internet and use on multiple devices. Lots of options
The bad: No personalized comment capability on invoices. No versions on revised PO’s or SO’s. Only provide credit card access via authorize.net would be nice if it connects to any company. Credit card number encoding should show first few digits as well (cant tell type of card)