OSAS is a powerful, award-winning accounting and business management system for Windows, Linux, UNIX and Mac users. OSAS is flexible and easy to customize to your requirements. Built on a long track record of successful implementations, OSAS accounting and distribution applications are easy to learn and use. A proven industry leader, OSAS will meet your needs and expectations now and in the future.
OSAS version 7.5 features over 100 design changes, enhancements, and new features intended to improve your productivity. A streamlined interface, additional inquiry functions, and drilldown capabilities simplify your work. New auditing features and data encryption options ensure that your data is more secure than ever.
You need to make sound cash management decisions about which bills to pay and when to pay them. You need an analysis of who gives you the best discounts and which vendors you buy from most often. OSAS Accounts Payable application helps you to track your obligations to suppliers and to control your cash flow. It’s also your key to paying bills, printing checks, and monitoring the distribution of your expenses.
Effectively Manage the Outflow of Cash and Vendor Information, Adding to the Financial Success of Your Business
It’s easy to keep your accounts up to date and take advantage of available cash discounts with user-defined terms, aging periods, and cutoff dates. Assess your financial position by producing timely reports. You’ll save time and money with the ability to quickly review outstanding payments by vendor and select which payments to hold or release. You can pay all invoices, or prepay or split your payment.
Improve your efficiency with quick entry and defaults on headers. They allow you to set up fields and header screens so that you can skip over fields and default the values as you choose.
OSAS Accounts Payable Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- You’ll have online access to vendor information, vendor comments, and inventory item quantities, costs, and prices through information windows.
- Easily view and select outstanding payables to be released for payment on a horizontal line-item entry screen. Select them based on vendor, due date, and discount date criteria.
- You’ll be able to analyze trends in your payables. Summary history tracks activity by period to provide the information you need to effectively manage your business.
- Define vendor terms according to your arrangements with vendors. The flexible terms function lets you set up and define terms for each vendor.
- You can void a check out of the history file. The Open Invoice file is then re-created from history, and all General Ledger and Bank Reconciliation transactions are reversed.
- You’ll have additional lines of description available for your vendors and items.
- Compound taxes for multiple localities such as state, county, and city. Canadian tax handling (GST/PST) is also supported.
- Save money on reorders by accessing the cost of previously-purchased merchandise.
- You’ll be able to determine which vendors are most reliable and which offer the best prices by looking at detail history.
- Trace payment information to the order through the Open Invoice file. Easily determine if an invoice has been paid.
- You specify the vendor name and street address to print on checks.
- The Backorder Allocation Report lets you know when backorders can be filled.
- Requisition items for use internally and for customer’s jobs. In addition, the material requisitions system automatically backorders requisitions that can’t be filled.
- Online material requisitions provide an easier way to print the material requisitions you’re currently working on.
- You can create your repetitive payables automatically with the recurring invoice feature, saving data entry time.
- Multiple warehouses per material requisition lets you requisition items from several warehouses.
- Form 1099-MISC reporting with magnetic media helps you meet government tax reporting requirements regarding subcontractors.
- You can track lotted inventory at the time of receipt. Determine which vendor you purchased each lot from. Capture vendor, transaction ID, and unit cost for each lot.
Accounts Payable Reports:
- Purchases Journal
- Miscellaneous Debits Journal
- Material Requisitions Journal
- Open Invoice List
- Cash Flow Report
- Check Register
- Vendor Analysis Report
- Aged Trial Balance
- Backorder Allocation Report
- 1099 Forms
- Vendor Detail History Report
- Payments History Report
- AP Analysis Report
- Purchase Analysis Report
- Vendor Activity Report
- Vendor Purchase History Report
A successful company needs to effectively manage its cash flow and customer information. OSAS Accounts Receivable application helps you handle these tasks by tracking every aspect of your receivables in a timely manner. This vital management information reported just the way you need gives you the power to improve the inflow of cash and capitalize on sales trends.
Stay Informed, Save Time, and Improve Accuracy and Customer Service.
You’ll be able to assess your financial position by producing timely reports. Identify your best customers and stay on top of sale trends. Evaluate your cash discount program, and spot delinquent accounts early.
Data entry is efficient and flexible with horizontal transaction entry functions and quick-entry tables. You’ll also save time with online invoicing and information windows.
Your customers will appreciate the professional-looking statements and invoices. And if they call with questions on their account, you’ll be ready to help out. You can quickly view detailed customer information and payment history.
OSAS Accounts Receivable Offers Choices Nd Flexibility With These Key Features:
- You can easily access customer credit information online with information windows. Also view customer comments and inventory item quantities and costs.
- Discount or mark up prices with price codes by inventory item, inventory category, or customer, using a flat dollar amount or percentage.
- Apply payments to customer accounts or reapply payments and credits to specific invoices by using cash receipts processing. Simply enter the amount and method of payment and then scroll through the open invoices to apply the payment.
- You’ll have easy access to sales and payment information. View it online by invoice date or invoice number when you use the customer history inquiry.
- You’ll benefit from online invoicing. It lets you print an invoice immediately after order verification and stores the next available invoice number for you.
- Answer the customer’s questions quickly when they call. Use the Customer Inquiry Function to locate the customer by name, zip code, telephone number, sales representative, or state/city.
- You have the choice of paying commissions based on either booked sales or paid invoices using the sales commission calculation and reporting function.
- Multiple warehouses per order lets you sell items from any warehouse that has available inventory. Selecting the warehouse closest to the customer can save on shipping costs. Also, the customer will receive one invoice regardless of how many warehouses were used to fill the order. This saves time and paper.
- You can enter or edit invoices and credit memos and view invoices with transaction processing from a single menu.
- Analyze your sales over a two-year period with help from summary and detail history. Detail is kept until you purge the information.
- Transaction entry is easy and efficient with quick entry and defaults tables.
- You’ll be able to manage your cash flow with an accurate aged trial balance. It is printed by the dates you select. You can view your aging online and print the information with any of three reports.
- Compound taxes for multiple localities such as state, county, and city. Canadian tax handling (GST/PST) is also supported.
Accounts Receivable Reports:
- Sales Journal
- Miscellaneous Credits Journal
- Cash Receipts Journal
- Aged Trial Balance
- Detail History Report
- Accounts Receivable Analysis Report
- Sales Analysis Report
- Customer Activity Report
- Commissions Report
- Open Invoice Report
- Tax Report
- Customer Analysis Report
You want to make the most of your company’s money. OSAS Bank Reconciliation application helps you do just that by streamlining and improving the reconciliation of bank statements with general ledger bank accounts. Bank Reconciliation makes important updates to OSAS General Ledger and receives timely entries from the other applications. You’ll know which checks have cleared, which items are outstanding, which bank accounts contain what amounts, and exactly where your money is.
Control Your Cash; Manage Your Capital Wisely.
Improve your process of reconciling bank statements with General Ledger transactions. You’ll have accurate information on which funds are available. Find errors and record differences between your books and the bank easily. You’ll have the flexibility to post adjustments such as finance charges, service charges, and interest income to any general ledger period. When you’re reconciling, you can display a running balance of adjustments and offsetting entries for quick review.
You’ll be able to use accurate information about your resources to make the best decisions about day-to-day business operations. You can use the OSAS GENERAL Report Writer application to help make the most of Bank Reconciliation information. Create custom reports and transfer data to productivity tools such as word processors, spreadsheets, and database managers.
OSAS Bank Reconciliation Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- Print bank deposit reports when Accounts Receivable and Sales Order are interfaced with Bank Reconciliation.
- You’ll be able to quickly reconcile any period or periods by selecting the desired transaction dates on the Reconciliation Report.
- You can obtain your most up-to-date balances quickly by including unposted general ledger entries in bank balance calculations.
- Eliminate errors and control cash outflow with the Void Checks/Stop Payments function. You’ll save time while doing it by using horizontal line entry. All Payroll and Accounts Payable transactions are completely reversed.
- You’ll save time during transaction entry by entering your recurring adjustments only once. These include finance charges, service charges, and interest income.
- You’ll have the flexibility to define your own default descriptions, making data entry faster.
- Quickly purge cleared transactions by specifying a range of dates and purging all cleared transactions within that period at the same time.
- You can use Bank Reconciliation as a stand-alone application, or you can increase its power and versatility by integrating it with other OSAS applications such as General Ledger, Accounts Receivable/Sales Order, Accounts Payable/Purchase Order, and GENERAL Report Writer.
- You’ll have the option to keep your cash in interest-bearing accounts as long as possible with interaccount transfers and manual adjustments.
- You can receive money to and disburse money from different accounts by using multiple bank accounts for OSAS Accounts Receivable/Sales Order deposits and Accounts Payable/Purchase Order and Payroll accounts.
Bank Reconciliation Reports:
- Bank Reconciliation Journal
- Reconciliation Report
- Bank Account Register
- Bank Accounts Lists
A total solution for secure, efficient electronic banking
OSAS Banking provides a number of features that combine to offer you a secure electronic banking environment.
Automatic Clearing House (ACH) delivery of payments made to your vendors gives you the ability to transmit electronic payments to your bank using a standard, secure system that is both highly reliable and efficient. Direct Debits in Accounts Receivable/Sales Order allows you to establish recurring payments and take direct debit-type payments from customers.
A fraud control and loss prevention measure, Positive Pay allows you to build a file (formatted to your bank’s specifications) that can be transmitted to your bank for the authorization of check payments. The file contains information about each check (such as check number and amount) that your bank compares with each check before honoring it.
The Reconciliation Import in OSAS Banking enables you to use files downloaded from your bank to automatically clear transactions that have been processed by the bank, a great time-saver.
- Additional functionality for the authorization of credit card payments in Accounts Receivable and Sales Order
- Require credit card authorization numbers for all transactions or transactions exceeding a specified amount
- Accept recurring payments, prepayments, and direct debit-type payments from customers
- Use electronic payment types in Accounts Payable and Purchase Order
- Print or email vendor payment vouchers, depending on preference
- Securely store direct debit and credit card information for customers
Bill of Materials/Kitting
Much of the success of your manufacturing business depends on your ability to supply existing customers and attract new customers with the right products at the right time for the right price. OSAS Bill of Materials/Kitting application can help you do just that. Designed for the smaller manufacturing company, Bill of Materials/Kitting lets you build assemblies with up to ten levels, define assemblies for kits, and specify source warehouses on a component by component basis.
Increase the number of options you can offer by utilizing the Bill of Materials/Kitting component information. It gives you the ability to mix and match related assemblies into a single kit. Easily determine whether you have enough stock to assemble an order, or use the _available to build_function to determine how many of any given item you can build. It’s easy to review a bill of material or print a list of all components required for a particular assembly.
Improve your bidding success. You can quickly assess the cost of assemblies and then use the History Report to compare anticipated costs with the actual costs associated with similar assemblies. You’ll also improve accuracy and save time.
OSAS Bill of Materials/Kitting Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- Maintain accurate inventory quantities for your assemblies or raw materials. One process relieves materials and receives finished goods; it’s online, accurate, and timely.
- You’ll appreciate the flexibility of Bill of Materials/Kitting. It adapts easily to the way you do business. There are six user-defined fields; three are numeric cost fields associated with General Ledger accounts, and three are text only. And, as with all Open Systems software, source code is included to allow for customization.
- You’ll be able to track the movement of your money. Bill of Materials/Kitting posts Inventory COGS from components and materials to assembly accounts. The Assembly Build Journal provides full detail of money moved from one account to another for a complete audit trail.
- Build non-serialized assemblies that contain either serialized or non-serialized materials and components, as well as serialized assemblies that contain either serialized or non-serialized components and materials.
- You have the ability to change components for a group of select items with the Global Component Replacement function. You can also remove components from and add components to a group of items.
- Set up your kits with unique inventory numbers and include up to 999 non-serialized components, each with its own ID number. You may separately track the costs of the components but assign the price to the kit.
- You have the option to allow negative material quantities. The system will prompt you if your build requirements will go negative and it displays the exact negative amount. If you respond no to the negative inventory prompt, Bill of Materials/Kitting will back out and restore inventory. If you respond yes inventory goes negative.
- You don’t need to enter builds into the computer at the time of production; Bill of Materials/Kitting accepts before, during, or after-the-fact entry, including the date of the actual build.
- Easily develop kits for sale. If need be, you can adjust the content of each kit at order entry time.
Bill of Materials/Kitting Reports
- Build Assembly Journal
- Where-Used Reports
- Available Components Report
- Component Cost Report
- Bill of Materials History Report
- Kitting List
Contractors’ Job Cost
Contractors’ Job Cost (CJC) enables you to find profitable jobs and keep the profit in the job by maintaining control over your operations. You can’t be on site every day-and with CJC, you don’t have to. When it’s make it or break it, CJC can help you win the contract, see the project through, and realize a healthy profit. Maximize CJC’s performance by integrating it with other OPEN SYSTEMS Accounting Software (OSAS) modules.
With CJC you can save money and stay informed. Timely, detailed information lets you know the status of each job. Job Detail reports show you every cost a job has incurred, alert you to excessive costs before they get out of hand, and compare your expenses to your estimates. You don’t have to wait for monthly reports. And, you can minimize your overruns. You’ll also save time and data entry costs because the reports you need are included in the system: no need to keep information in a number of separate spreadsheets.
OSAS Contractors’ Job Cost Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- Improve your profit margin and reduce your billing problems with CJC change order tracking, built-in AIA billing forms, Job Invoicing, and Cost Plus Invoicing features. You’ll ensure that billings to owners or general contractors are fully documented and can be promptly processed.
- CJC is suitable for both large and small contracts. Because CJC is flexible, you can set up small, simple jobs with only one phase or large, complex jobs involving many phases. You tailor CJC to your needs.
- Design a legally acceptable document for any state with a Release Form function when you interface with OSAS Accounts Payable.
- Subcontractor features include change order information and an insurance certificate expiration warning report when you interface with OSAS Accounts Payable.
- Evaluate your profit margin by viewing your original take-offs and the revised estimated costs after change orders.
- You get flexible periodic reporting with history files for union and worker’s compensation amounts when integrated with OSAS Payroll.
- Simplified billing allows you to print Cost Plus, Fixed Amount, and AIA job invoices to plain paper.
- Refer back to your complete jobs for historical information and use it as an aid in estimating new projects.
- Define pay rates in Payroll by determining the classifications and skill levels you want to set up.
- Determine at a glance how far along the Job/Phase is with the Percent Completion function.
- User definable fields and cost types provide added flexibility.
- Increase CJC’s power and versatility by adding other OSAS applications such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Purchase Order, Payroll, General Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, and GENERAL Report Writer.
- Flexible worker’s compensation setup allows you to calculate the rate by percent, an hourly rate, or by a fixed amount.
- Track labor burden for worker’s compensation, union expenses, and employer’s tax liability costs to the job.
- A quick entry screen allows for fast entry of payroll hours.
- Calculate retainage when entering invoices for subs or customers.
- A code assigned per job/phase supports multiple WIP/COGS GL accounts.
Contractors’ Job Cost Reports:
- JTD Cost Summary Reports
- Cost Detail Report
- Summarized Estimate versus Cost Analysis Report
- Billing Detail Report
- Profit Detail Report
- Labor Burden Register
- Certified Payroll Report
- Union Report
- Job Open Invoice Report
- Subcontract Report
- Budget Projection Report
- Job Trial Balance Report
- Job Cash Flow Report
- Accumulated Overhead Report
- Change Order Detail Report
- Worker’s Compensation Report
It’s payday. Are your employees spending their day watching the clock and worrying about getting their paychecks to the bank on time? Does the lunch hour get stretched because they’re waiting in a bank line? Direct Deposit, a Payroll companion module from OSAS, makes life a whole lot easier. Give your employees another benefit: peace of mind. They’ll know that their paychecks will be deposited directly to their bank account. And, you’ll get more productivity on payday.
Employers Save Time and Productivity; Employees Have Choices and Flexibility.
Employees no longer need to run to the bank to deposit their paychecks. It’s handled quickly and efficiently through Payroll; even manual checks can be direct deposited. As a result, you’ll see better productivity since employees will be able to focus on their job on payday; no worrying about getting to the bank over the lunch hour.
You can give employees the choice of whether or not to participate. They can also choose to have a portion of their pay deposited to their accounts and receive the remainder as a live check, and they may elect to split deposit amounts between six different bank accounts in up to six different banks.
OSAS Direct Deposit Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- You’ll improve security with Direct Deposit vouchers. Participants receive these confirmation documents rather than a "live"paycheck, so there’s no chance of a paycheck being lost or stolen.
- You can create deposits by dollar amounts or percentages. This information can be changed at any time once a test run or “prenote” has been approved by the bank.
- Save time by processing multiple checks per employee in one Direct Deposit run. You can also print checks and then print Direct Deposit vouchers for those checks that are being direct deposited. Check history will reflect the amount and bank account of each deposit.
- You’ll be able to see how much of the net pay for each employee is on a check and how much is deposited by using the Edit Register. This “working document” should be run before you print checks to make sure all of the information is correct.
- Choose whether or not to use Direct Deposit when processing checks. If an employee is going on vacation and needs a check early, a normal paycheck can be prepared for that employee.
- Do you wish you could process payroll separately for the individual departments in your company? You can. Multiple batch processing allows you to post multiple payrolls within a single day. A direct deposit file will be created for each payroll batch. For a final audit trail, run the Check Register after checks are printed and file the hard copy.
- Use the ACH File Creation Report to give you a breakdown of each employee’s account.
- You can access Direct Deposit information through Report Writer, and you can also create your own customized reports.
eLinkCart for OSAS
eLinkCart for OSAS Complete eBusiness Solution for OSAS
eLinkCart is much more than a shopping cart. It integrates directly with the SE accounting platform to completely automate online ordering processes and remove time-consuming multiple manual entry of both B2C and B2B orders, by tying your front-end sales and order processes to your back-end accounting system.
- Accessible via a web browser - from any location
- Reach a larger and broader audience for your products and services
- Capture prospects and repeat business more effectively
- Offer worldwide Internet access to your products and services
- Provide a 24/7 electronic shop front
- Provide real time customer service information, 24/7
Features and Functions
- Customer specific pricing and item availability
- Real time shipping and multi-jurisdictional sales tax calculation
- Multiple payment types, including purchase order (B2B), ACH and credit cards
- Control look and feel via included themes or custom skills
- Deploy cross-selling and up-selling techniques
- Custom searches
- One-click, online shopping carts
- Secured transaction control
- Both B2C and B2B functionality
- Quick Order Entry mode for B2B
- Customer-specific pricing and item availability matrix
- B2B, B2C, Intranet, Extranet and Sales Portal
- Manage a Customer Wish List of items
- Real-time shipping rate calculation
- Order/Invoice Inquiry
- Real-time payment processing (credit cards, ACH, etc.)
- Direct order processing to TRAVERSE accounting software for shipping control
- Smart reordering from Order History
- Includes Web Analytics, Webmail, Forums, Live Chat
Enhanced Payroll Tax Reporting (EPTR)
Boost your productivity gain and eliminate hours of typing with OSAS Enhanced Payroll Tax Reporting. Using this highly interactive reporting tool and your OSAS payroll data, you’ll get over 300 certified state and federal reports, which can be printed on plain paper or filed electronically through a new optional service called eFile.
The time-consuming task of manually typing unemployment, wage withholding, and new hire reports is over. Whether your company is required to file magnetic media or you’re a smaller company just looking for a secure time-saving process, electronic filing streamlines the process of state and federal payroll. Since much of the critical information you need for payroll tax forms comes right from your OSAS data, Enhanced Payroll Tax Reporting helps reduce redundant entry or errors in entering the numbers. All you need to do is populate the remaining fields, verify, and file.
Over 150 state and federal agencies are involved in payroll reporting, and virtually all of them routinely change their forms. Many states have lowered the threshold for mandatory magnetic media filing (some as low as 50 employees). States are beginning to require eFiling as well.
You may spend up to one-third of your time preparing government reports. eFiling your reports has all the advantages of simplicity and none of the pitfalls of labor-intensive, physical handling. With Enhanced Payroll Tax Reporting, you’ll immediately get all the reports you’re looking for.
Updating your reports is easy. All you need to do is click the Update command and the new forms are downloaded and installed automatically from a website. Updated and approved reports are released quarterly, so you don’t have to worry about maintenance; the work is done for you. Guaranteed compliance effectively eliminates the risk of reports being rejected and saves you refiling costs, fines, and penalties that may be enforced. Throw that old typewriter away and leave your tedious tasks behind. OSAS Enhanced Payroll Tax Reporting just made your job a whole lot easier.
- Employer’s Annual Federal Unemployment Tax Return
- Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return
- Employer’s Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees
- 943 Record of Federal Tax Liability
- 943 Payment Coupon
- Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax
- 945 Record of Federal Tax Liability
- 945 Payment Voucher
- Employment Eligibility Verification
- Employee’s Withheld Allowance Certificate
- Earned Income Credit Advance Payment Certificate
- Employer’s Quarterly Return of Income Tax Withheld
- Annual Reconciliation of Income Tax Withheld
- Employer’s Monthly Return of Income Tax Withheld
- New Hire Form
- Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report
- Unemployment Tax and Wage Report
- Payment Coupon
- Income Statement Transmittal
- Tax Payment Voucher
- Centralized Employee Registry Form
- Schedule B - State Withholding Tax Report
- Agricultural Annual Return
The eFile solution guarantees compliance and is very affordable. It’s also easy to use: no more formatting, saving to disc, packaging, paying postage, worrying about format changes, or repeating the process if something goes wrong.
You need to analyze the tax and cash-flow implications of assets before you acquire them. Once you have them, you need to track their valuation and depreciation. You can do that with OSAS Fixed Assets application. It will help you make wise decisions about when to buy, when to lease, and how to manage your capital for maximum return. You’ll also have the full range of financial and management reports you need to manage your investments and meet tax reporting requirements.
Make Sound Management Decisions, Meet Government Reporting Requirements, and Save Time.
Forecasting tools help you evaluate leases, amortize loans, and experiment with depreciation strategies before you make a capital commitment. You can keep an eye on your depreciation options with four depreciation books that let you track four sets of depreciation information. And, you can retire assets at any time. Track the difference between estimated depreciable and actual service life, and calculate the cost or proceeds from the retirement of an asset.
You’ll stay up to date with tax law changes. Fixed Assets provide a set of IRS-supplied depreciation tables and supports MACRS, ACRS, straight line, sum-of-the-year digits, and declining balance recovery methods. Flexible tables help you make changes easily to stay current with tax laws. You’ll also be able to satisfy government reporting requirements easily; Fixed Assets puts the information at your fingertips.
OSAS Fixed Assets Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- You can calculate depreciation for a combination of books. They include book, federal tax, alternative minimum tax, and other (such as state or local).
- Eliminate manual journal entries. The OSAS General Ledger interface records accumulated depreciation expense entries automatically when you post.
- You can change the system to conform to your tax assessment and reporting needs with user-definable tax districts.
- Group related assets for reporting purposes or link additions and adjustments to original assets by using multiple-part asset IDs.
- You can modify the system to conform to the way your business is organized with user-definable location fields. You can use Fixed Assets as a stand-alone application, or you can increase its power and versatility by integrating it with other OSAS applications. Its online connection with General Ledger lets you look up and verify GL account numbers from Fixed Assets, post book depreciation information to General Ledger, and update your accumulated depreciation and depreciation expense accounts automatically. By adding GENERAL Report Writer, you can create custom reports and transfer data to business tools such as word processors, spreadsheets, and database managers.
- Date and time stamping all reports helps to assure accurate data analysis.
Fixed Assets Reports:
- Period Depreciation Journal
- Lease vs. Buy Analysis
- Trial Depreciation Schedule
- Additions Journal
- Retirements Journal
- Assets Value Report
- Depreciation Comparison Report
- Credit Recapture Report
- Property Assessment Schedule
- Percent of Business Use Report
- Gains and Losses Report
- Depreciation Summary Report
- Credit Summary Report
- Depreciation Tax Report (for IRS Form 4562)
How much money is coming in? How much is going out? Where do financials stand today? You need to know these things about your business on a day-to-day basis. OSAS General Ledger application is the center of your accounting system. Entries from other applications flow into General Ledger, giving you timely financial information that is vital to your decision-making. You can maintain your journal, log recurring entries, generate audit trails, and create custom financial statements and reports for up-to-date results on your company’s activities.
Access Vital Information and Gain Flexibility; Save Time and Data Entry Costs.
You determine which information you want, when and how you want it. General Ledger provides sample financial statements and reports. You can personalize these reports to suit your unique information needs. Storing data for multiple companies in separate files allows you to view and compare each company and its period or division side by side on your reports. With forecast budget and last-year comparison data, you can identify business performance trends and capitalize on them. The recurring entries feature saves time and data entry costs by eliminating the need to re-enter items such as depreciation each month.
OSAS General Ledger Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- You’ll be able to work in two years at the same time. When doing your year-end processing, you can update the current year without closing out last year’s files, giving you up to two years of online reporting.
- You’ll appreciate having multiple-year functionality. It allows you to see what percentage you’ve grown over the years-vital information when applying for a loan.
- Divisional and departmental accounting is simplified by user-definable account number masks.
- You can include arithmetic calculations for percentages, averages, rounding, consolidated statements, ratio analyses, and print-time inserts for headers and footers in reports, giving you personalized financial statements. You can create new General Ledger reports more efficiently with the copy from feature.
- Transfer financial statements to Lotus 1-2-3 and other productivity tools by using the transfer feature, allowing you to put the information into a worksheet format.
- You’ll be able to create lists of customized statements for the whole company or for selected divisions, departments, or subaccounts and print them as batch statements.
- Save time with automatic reversing entries in all periods. You won’t have to re-enter the reversals manually during the month-end accrual.
- Your reports will be sorted the way you want and will print faster with user-definable account segments such as divisions, departments, or subaccounts.
- A cash flow statement is automatically created. This is an important requirement needed to produce the approved set of financials required by most banks for loans.
- Set up your budget quickly with the Account Budgets function. You won’t have to start from scratch; you can copy amounts from last year, adjust amounts by percentages or dollar amounts, or allocate an amount over a range of periods.
- You can post to any period in the current or last year. Because you can access data in both years, you can easily make adjustments for audit purposes and start the current year properly.
- Group similar accounts together with account types. You’ll save time when formatting financial and cash flow statements.
- You can copy the chart of accounts from one department to another.
General Ledger Reports:
- General Ledger Journal
- General Ledger Activity Report
- Trial Balance
- Batch Statements List
- Recurring Entries List
- Statement Layout List and Statement Content List
- Accounts Segments List
- Allocations List
- Audit Trial Balance
- Chart of Accounts
- Financial Statements
- Unwritten Transaction Report
GENERAL Report Writer
Generate timely, meaningful reports quickly and easily with this powerful OSAS report-writing system. You can perform sort, select, format, subtotal, and process control functions by using keywords, the building blocks that enable GENERAL Report Writer to create sophisticated reports. With full access to all your data files, GENERAL Report Writer can help you sort and analyze your information in almost unlimited ways.
Produce Meaningful Reports Quickly and Easily.
You’ll be able to gain control of your data to assess and analyze all aspects of your business. Combine and sort information from any of your OSAS applications into unique reports and compare the information.
Quickly access information with the LIST and PROMPT modes. You can create an instant report with LIST and highlight any file names, field names, or keywords using full-screen pick and point; your report is printed or displayed immediately. Use the PROMPT mode to easily recall, modify, or copy reports.
Built-in flexibility allows you to easily create custom reports; define your own formats using custom headers and footers. Add any number of data fields in any order and sort on any field or combination of fields. You can also adjust field spacing, stack multiple lines of output, or adjust page dimensions.
GENERAL Report Writer Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- Select information from any combination of files. You’ll have easy access to multiple files with a LINK feature. You can link from order files to customer files to a salesperson’s file, all within one report! Specify logical selection criteria along the way.
- It will be easy for you to create reports with the PROMPT mode. Even if you’re a new user, you can quickly build your command with a simple, menu-driven session. Organize data files into specific groups to further simplify selections. Reports defined using the PROMPT mode can be recalled, modified, or copied at anytime.
- You can output any report or selected data to delimited, ASCII, DIF, or WordPerfect formats for a smooth interface to other systems.
- Power users can create reports quickly using the LIST mode. Others can use the assist function to pick and point for easy selection, and you’ll have improved readability due to embedded white space and comments.
- Get instant, online help any time with a function key.
- Creating custom reports has never been easier. Design custom headers and footers to include data fields, break values, text, and calculations. You can then paint them on the screen using the PROMPT mode, or easily describe them in the LIST mode.
- Select from the PROMPT, MENU, or COMMAND modes for flexible report creation. The MENU mode runs interactively to prompt each of the basic commands; the COMMAND mode allows you to get the maximum amount of power from a minimum of keystrokes.
- You’ll be able to customize your menus and give all users access to your new general reports. Simply save commands to any OSAS menu, and for more flexibility you can define run time prompts for data selection criteria.
- You’ll have the ability to print or view predefined OSAS data definitions in the data dictionaries by using the File, Field, and Dump commands. Add new definitions as you become more familiar with GENERAL Report Writer.
- You’ll appreciate the flexibility of system administration. Configuration maintenance lets you define users, devices, parameters, systems, terminals, and printer configurations.
- You’ll be assured of confidentiality; security levels are assigned to each user. Only users with appropriate clearance have access to information in each file, so you can be sure information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
- You can accomplish what if analyses by using your actual data and your estimate of changes. Complex expressions can be defined to derive data such as if - then - else logic, calls to external programs, and compound expressions.
- Use the pre-defined reports (more than 100!) as is or as a model to build your own custom definitions.
GENERAL Report Writer Reports:
- File Definitions Listing
- Field Definitions Listing
- User Definition Listing
- Report Definitions Listing
Info-Alert is a powerful tool that monitors your business data and provides automated alerts when various business conditions are met. Info-Alert serves as a virtual employee that attaches to your OSAS data and reviews it at scheduled intervals, reporting the information to the appropriate people.
With Info-Alert, you define a specific set of parameters. When conditions occur that meet those parameters, an alert is sent via email or report - to those individuals assigned to receive the notification (employees, customers, vendors, etc.). There are many predefined alerts, including those in categories such as Accounts Receivable, Order Entry, Inventory and Purchasing. For each pre-defined alert, you can establish a set of criteria; for example, Only review customers assigned to a specific sales rep.
Info-Alert is quick and easy to install. Once it is set up, Info-Alert will run unattended, reviewing your data for information you have requested. Most other Microsoft or ODBC-compliant databases in your office can easily be connected and mapped to Info-Alert to allow you to generate alerts based on your company specific data. Info-Alert can also be configured to send dunning letters to your customers, send requests to vendors for the status of late shipments, automatically update credit hold flags in your customer record and much more.
- Customers who have open AR invoices over X days
- Customers due credit hold if over credit limit
- Customers who have not purchased in X days
- Check for open sales orders older than X days
- Check for open quotes older than X days
- Orders that took > X days to ship this month
- Average days to ship orders by customer this month
- Alert if daily invoiced sales drop below X
- If total credits exceed a given amount this month
- Open orders with gross profit margin less than X %
- If invoiced sales for a rep exceeds X this month
- Orders with order date between X and X days old
- If the value of pending sales orders drops below X customer sales last month + or - X % from prior month
- IN items below min. order quantity
- IN items with available quantity less than X
- IN items below order point
- Item quantity sold last month + or - X % from prior month
- Employees who are X days past their hire date
- Alert X days prior to an employee’s birthday
- Alert X days prior to an employee’s next review date
- Check for open purchase orders older than X days
- Vendors who have a balance greater than X
What do we have in stock? Where is it located? How much is it worth? You need the answers to these questions in order to manage your inventory effectively. OSAS Inventory application gives you the timely and accurate information you need to make sound purchasing and sales decisions. You can track every aspect of your inventory, helping you make a positive impact on your bottom line.
Make Informed Buying and Selling Decisions, Improve Customer Service, and Save Money.
You can closely monitor inventory movements by tracking detailed inventory history; then, use the Inventory Movement Report to identify your best products and to understand their purchase/sales cycles. You can even spot seasonal demand patterns. The Valuation Report summarizes the value of the items you have on hand and the profit on items sold during the year.
You’ll have information at your fingertips to help you satisfy the customer. You can provide them with accurate and timely information by accessing on-hand inventory quantities. Receipts are posted online, so they’re always available to sell. When tracking an order, you will be able to quickly access detailed descriptions for each item. You’ll know at a glance the items in use, committed, and on order. You’ll even be able to recommend alternative item options.
OSAS Inventory Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- Your physical inventory process will be simplified; you can process by worksheet or by tags. You can also select a group of items for a cycle count. And, the physical inventory feature lets you freeze quantities while processing continues. The count process allows for multiple tag numbers, exception-only entry, and defaulting count quantity.
- Use unit conversions to buy in one unit (unlimited units of measure) and sell in another, meeting the specific needs of your customers.
- You’ll appreciate the flexible cost valuation feature. It lets you choose from Average Cost, LIFO, FIFO, or standard cost evaluation methods to know what your stock cost is and what it’s worth. Unlimited LIFO/FIFO tiers track exactly what you paid for each item, regardless of your costing method.
- You’ll be able to use the multiple warehouse capabilities to track and transfer stock between several locations and to make sure it’s where it’s needed most. You can assign a transfer cost which you can then post to General Ledger.
- Determine your own report sequences with user-definable categories. Collect the additional information you need with user-definable fields.
- You can analyze your inventory by looking at summary history. Sales and purchasing data about each item is tracked for each period, year-to-date, last year, and life-to-date.
- Readily identify the products that you purchase with lot tracking. You’ll have the ability to determine which vendor you purchased any given lot from, when it was received, when it will expire, and to whom it was sold.
- You’ll have flexibility in your pricing structure with price matrixes. These allow you to assign different price levels to the same item.
- Up to sixteen user-defined fields may be entered, defining up to four additional sorts. Many Inventory reports and processes can be selected using these fields.
- Identify many different alternate items and search for any part number. Alternate items may be used for customers’ part number, vendors’ part number, bar codes, alternate, or superseded items. Searches may be performed on any of these items. An item number may be retrieved in a variety of ways, including quick lookups on customer/vendor parts, aliases, lot number, and serial number. You can perform a search anywhere in OSAS where an Item ID prompt is found.
- Retain unlimited movement history for ten separate transaction types: sales and credits, purchases and debits, builds and issues, material requisitions, transfers in and out, and adjustments.
- Use the Reorder Processing Menu to analyze inventory and determine amounts to reorder based on three different calculations: Min/Max, EOQ, and Forecast based on trends. Select the method best suited to your data. You can then select an option to generate a purchase requisition, or select the lowest quantity from all three calculations.
- Item Status Report
- Safety Stock Alert Report
- Price Report
- Valuation Report
- GL Adjustments Journal
- Serialized History Report
- Sales Analysis Report
- Physical Inventory Variance Report
- Physical Inventory Worksheets
- Overstock Report
- Reorder Report
- Trend Analysis Report
- Slow/Fast Movement Report
- Inventory Movement Report
- Cost Variance Report
- Lot History Report
- Gross Profit Analysis Report
- Transaction History Report
- Physical Count Valuation Report
- Movement Trending Report
Staying on top of things isn’t always easy. There are overhead costs to keep track of, bids to prepare, and revenues to record. OSAS Job Cost application can help you stay informed and organized. You’ll get all the information you need to maintain profitability by calculating variances between actual and estimated costs and revenues. Schedule and control in-process
Schedule and Control In-Process and Completed Jobs; Make a Difference in Your Bottom Line
You’ll know the status of a job, how much it’s estimated to cost, what it actually costs, the billing status, and the gross profit. You can adjust estimated or actual period-to-date, month-to-date, or job-to-date costs. The costs may include labor dollars, material or equipment costs, overhead, and miscellaneous expenses.
You can produce timely reports that help you analyze costs more closely; you’ll bid accurately on future jobs because you’ll have all the details of similar jobs you’ve done in the past. You can also determine which jobs and contracts are completed at a glance by producing an up-to-date job list.
OSAS Job Cost Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- You can customize Job Cost for your business with 999 user-definable cost code fields per job/phase, categorized by 99 cost types.
- Base overhead allocation on labor hours, labor dollars, material cost, or on any of the 99 cost types that you can define.
- You’ll get extensive, detailed information about employees, purchases, and billing when you post from OSAS Payroll and Accounts Payable/Purchase Order to Job Cost. You’ll have better control and scheduling of in-process and completed jobs with Cost Detail History.
- Creating new jobs/phases is easy with a copy feature that copies estimate information from an existing job/phase.
- You’ll have a detailed audit trail with the Job/Phase Adjustments function. You can enter costs as you incur them and billings as you invoice and update start and finish dates. If Job Cost is interfaced with other OSAS applications, these fields are updated when you post.
- Accounts Receivable/Sales Order operation will be efficient, with the ability to track the unbilled cost in the Jobs File.
- A job template can be created and printed. It will aid you in preparing new bids.
- You won’t have any trouble tracking job information. A 40-character description field, a 21-character contract number, job address, and three user-defined fields are provided. You can also track a work in process and finished goods account for each job/phase record. Job comments are available as well.
- Track pieces, invoice billed amount, total cost, and cost billed with the period-to-date and year-to-date columns found in the Jobs and Phases screen. You can also view the job-to-date unbilled cost.
- The Unit Cost Analysis Report gives you a picture of what percent of a job is completed, based on units rather than cost.
- You can print posted transactions, unposted transactions, or both with the Cost Detail Report and Billing Detail Report.
- The Work-in-Process Report provides the following information by job/phase: earned income, current profit earned, earned profit at completion, and estimated cost to complete the job.
- You’ll have accurate period-to-date information. The Periodic Processing function, as well as the Post Adjustments and Transactions function, give you control over which numbers are posting to the Jobs Master file.
Job Cost Reports:
- Job List
- Cost Summary Report
- Job Profitability Report
- Cost Detail Report
- Overhead Allocation Report
- Billing Summary Report
- Unit Cost Analysis Report
- Work-in-Process Report
- Billing Detail Report
- Job Template List
It’s important to keep a watchful eye on the goods and services your company receives. OSAS Landed Cost for Purchase Order handles an important part of that process. This application allows you to distribute the indirect costs of shipping (including shipping costs, entry costs, duties, brokerage fees, and taxes) to inventory items.
Purchase Order with Landed Cost also gives you the power to take complete control of your entire purchase order processing system, from the moment you decide to buy through the time the purchase is fully received and invoiced. When you add Purchase Order to Accounts Payable, you can specify and confirm every aspect of orders you place with your vendors–every step of the way.
You detect shortages and incorrect invoices so that you only pay for the items you’ve received, and you pay for those items only once. You can specify, confirm, and track every detail of an order you place with a vendor. You can indicate how you would like your goods shipped. You can confirm when, how many, and how much. And most importantly, you can track your original order until it’s shipped.
You’ll be able to return goods to vendors and change existing purchase orders. You can also enter multiple receipts of goods and invoices for each line item until the order is filled. With horizontal line entry, a single keystroke lets you revisit header fields and transaction totals. You can add, change, delete, and view line items.
Landed Cost for Purchase Order Reports:
- Open Order Report
- Receipt and Invoice Report
- Purchases Journal
- Returns Journal
- Scheduled Delivery Report
- Receipts and Invoices Report
- Accrual Verification Report
- Goods Not Received Report
- Daily Sales Tax Report
The OSAS ODBC Kit opens the door to a world of possibilities. Now you can access centralized OSAS data through Microsoft Access and Excel, Crystal Reports, and hundreds of other popular ODBC-compliant packages. The ODBC Kit includes the 32-bit Read-Only BASIS ODBC driver, the BASIS data dictionaries for the OSAS data files, and several examples for Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Crystal Reports.
The data dictionary is provided for all OSAS modules, giving you unlimited access to your data: customer and vendor history, employee information, job history, etc. You can export your data easily and create Windows-based spreadsheets and reports. You can also do things you can’t do within OSAS, such as producing graphical images (pie charts, bar graphs, pictures and other images).
Access Your OSAS Data Dynamically With the Following ODBC-Compliant Software Packages:
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Lotus 1-2-3
- Crystal Reports
- dBase IV
- FoxPro Database
- Many more
OSAS Web B2B
Easy to use, easy to modify: OSAS Web gives you an Internet interface to your OSAS data. Your customers access sales, receivables, and inventory information through the Internet, saving you time. You control the information presented, including which companies can be accessed, which items will be available over the Internet, etc. OSAS Web was made possible with a product from SDSI called BB Web, a set of BBx programs that allow you to put data into an HTML format. Sales Order Entry is part of OSAS Web as well as inquiry screens from Inventory, Accounts Receivable, and Sales Order.
You Control the Setup for Access Codes, Internet Companies, and Inventory Items
OSAS Web allows you to set up a password for each of your customers. In addition to having the password, you may also set options for which functions you want the customer to have access to. You also decide which of your companies can be accessed by the Internet. All you need to do is enter a default location for quantities and pricing and a default batch ID.
Creating your OSAS Web home page is easy. The information entered when you set up your Internet companies is used to create an HTML page called OSASWEB.HTM. You can then take this file and place it into the document directory of your web server. Another function moves the components needed for OSAS Web onto your web server. After these components are installed, you are ready to use OSAS Web.
OSAS Web Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
You determine the information that you want your customers to have access to. You can turn off access for displaying credit information on the Customer General Information screen. You can also choose not to display balances.
A list of orders is built for each Customer ID entered. If a customer has access to view order detail information, the order number will be a hypertext link to the order detail.
Your customers can look up inventory information such as quantities and price/quantity breakdowns. After viewing the price/quantity breakdown for the item selected from the previous page, a customer can get back to the Item Information page simply by clicking the BACK button on the browser or by clicking the hypertext link to return to the OSAS Web home page.
Customers can see a breakdown of the product lines for the items that are accessible by the Internet, enter a quantity to order, and then either recalculate the extended price of the line or submit the line into the order.
When viewing an order, a customer can see all the line items that were submitted, the total tax calculated, and the total price. They can then change quantities and/or remove a line from the order by zeroing out the quantity. After entering shipping information, the customer can view the order number and enter another order, go back to the main menu, or return to the OSAS Web home page.
Depending on the Options You Set, Customers May Have Access to the Following Functions:
- Customer General Information
- Customer Order Information
- Customer Order Detail Information
- Customer Detail History Information
- Item Information
- Allow Quantities on Item Information
- Allow Price/Quantity Breakdown Display
- Show Balances on Customer Information
- Show Credit Limit on Customer Information
- Allow Sales Order Entry
There is more to processing payroll than printing checks. You need to maintain detailed records with clear audit trails, track sick and vacation days, keep up to date with tax law changes, and meet government reporting requirements. OSAS Payroll application can handle it all. It also enables you to analyze payroll expenses and employee productivity, as well as control costs and review expense distribution.
Make Sound Management Decisions, Keep Current With Government Requirements and Tax Law Changes, and Save Time
You can produce detailed reports to help you plan and generate a budget. Manage your expenses efficiently by tracking FUTA, SUI, Medicare, and Social Security, as well as earnings by department. You decide whether to calculate scheduled deductions as a fixed amount, a percentage of gross pay, an hourly rate, or a declining balance.
You can easily produce W-2s - printed on forms, mailers, or stored on magnetic media to meet federal requirements. When you subscribe to the Open Systems Maintenance Program for Payroll with State Tax Option, you’ll receive updates to federal and state income tax tables.
OSAS Payroll Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- You’ll have total flexibility in setting up your payroll. Define pay codes for regular, overtime, double-time, sick, vacation time, or any other payment method for hourly employees. 999 user-definable deductions are allowed per company, as well as taxable and/or nontaxable earnings codes, and an option for fixed federal, state, and local withholdings.
- Store monthly employee history on earnings, deductions, and withholdings for use in reports required by some states.
- You’ll be able to produce accurate unemployment reports with weeks worked calculation.
- Allow multiple tax rates per employee and per company, and also multiple states and multiple localities for both employee and employer withholdings. Define up to fifteen different tax codes such as worker’s compensation, SDI, and L & I.
- You’ll be able to track vacation and sick time hours by letting the system automatically accrue them for each employee. A complete audit trail answers employee questions about this important accrual.
- You can process the new year’s payroll before you print W-2s for the old year. The Year-End Maintenance function creates last-year data files.
- It will be easy for you to set up state and local taxes by using formula-based tax routines. Use formulas to define state-specific taxes such as workers’ compensation, SDI, and L & I.
- You’ll save time when calculating multiple checks per employee per payroll run. You only need to calculate, print and post checks once.
- Void information out of history if a check is lost simply by entering the check number. All earnings, taxes, and postings will be revised. You can then put the check in the checks file and recreate it if you wish.
- You can set up an unlimited number of earnings codes, including overtime rates and shift differentials.
- Track four quarters of history on payroll checks, and monthly and quarterly check registers can be produced.
- You’ll appreciate flexible state unemployment reporting, which helps you to conform to changing state reporting requirements and the reporting differences between states.
- Time Ticket Journal
- Miscellaneous Payroll Journal
- Edit Register
- Check Register
- Withholding Report
- Employer’s Tax Report
- Transaction History Report
- Check History Report
- Department Report
- Quarterly Employer’s Tax Report
- Employer’s Liability Report
- Sick Leave and Vacation Report
- Quarterly Withholding Report
- Quarterly State Unemployment Tax Report
- 941 Form
- W-2 Form
- Paycheck Received Report
- Pay Period Deduction Report
- Salary Review Report
It’s important to keep a watchful eye on the goods and services your company receives. OSAS Purchase Order application gives you the power to take complete control of purchase order processing, from the moment you decide to buy through the time the purchase is fully received and invoiced. When you add Purchase Order to Accounts Payable, you can specify and confirm every aspect of orders you place with your vendors - every step of the way.
Maintain Control, Increase Flexibility and Accuracy, and Save Time.
You detect shortages and incorrect invoices so that you only pay for the items you’ve received,and you pay for those items only once. You can specify,confirm, and track every detail of an order you place with a vendor. You can indicate how you would like your goods shipped. You can confirm when, how many, and how much. And most importantly, you can track your original order until it’s completed.
OSAS Purchase Order Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- Enter goods received into inventory immediately with the Receive Goods feature. This allows you to sell the goods right away, even before you’re invoiced for them.
- You’ll have easy online access to vendor information and comments as well as inventory item quantities, costs, and prices through information windows.
- Make requisitions to Purchase Order from Inventory, Sales Order, and Accounts Receivable invoicing for non-stock, out-of-stock, or drop ship requirements. The purchaser can then use these requisitions to create open orders.
- You’ll be able to allow a different ship-to date for each line item for each order. This allows you to specify when you want to receive each individual item. Define a single blanket order, scheduling shipments over a period of time.
- When General Ledger is interfaced, you can post accrual entries for items that have been received but not invoiced.
- You’ll have the ability to print purchase orders either on blank paper, which saves you the cost of pre-printed forms; or on pre-printed forms for a more formal look.
- You’ll get fast, easy online access to invoice and receipt-of-goods information with information windows.
- Save time with quick-entry and defaults on headers, making transaction entry easy and efficient. You decide which fields are important.
- You’ll be able to define, edit, and list ship-to addresses to be used in each order.
- View the total for an entire order, or view separate totals for each invoice applied against an order. Separate terms, payment, and discounts are kept for each invoice.
- Automatically generate requisitions in Purchase Order based on reorder information from Inventory. The purchaser can then use the requisitions to generate open orders.
- Track when shipments are due with the Scheduled Delivery Report. Plan for future shipments or expedite past-due orders.
- Calculate required sales tax on each order. Up to five tax locations may be used, with tax on freight, miscellaneous, and tax on tax.
- Estimate taxes accurately by utilizing a tax class associated with each line item. Totals will have a tax class for freight, miscellaneous, and sales tax adjustment.
- Easily check on the status of a vendor’s PO. You can query about the daily transaction file for purchase orders. Search by vendor ID, purchase order number, receipt number, invoice number, or status. Drill-downs to line items, serial numbers, and lot numbers are included.
Purchase Order Reports:
- Open Order Report
- Receipt and Invoice Report
- Purchases Journal
- Returns Journal
- Scheduled Delivery Report
- Receipts and Invoices Report
- Accrual Verification Report
- Goods Not Received Report
Resource Manager is required with all OPEN SYSTEMS Accounting Software (OSAS) applications. It provides you with simple, trouble-free installation and integration. Resource Manager includes general system services and utilities that help eliminate the need for entering intricate operating system commands, thus reducing the chance of error. You’ll have the power to make everyday operation a snap.
Manage Your System With Ease; Increase Productivity.
You can keep everyday operations running smoothly with Resource Manager utilities. You’ll be able to use Workstation Configuration Maintenance to define system devices, set up screen colors and function keys, and establish defaults for each workstation - all to your specific needs. You determine how to track company information with Company Setup. This includes maintenance of critical information by company and for multiple companies, creating and converting data files, setting up access codes for data security, and tailoring your menus.
Resource Manager allows you to work smarter in any application. You’ll save time and frustration by putting critical information at your fingertips. You’ll have fast, easy access to information on key fields, codes, and IDs from predefined inquiry windows. And, you can customize the windows to provide just the information you want. To help you make up-to-the-minute management decisions, reports are printed with time stamps in 12 or 24-hour formats.
OSAS OPEN Windows Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- You’ll have true multiuser processing on multiuser networks such as Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, and Novell (using Win95/98 or Win NT Workstations only).
- As many as nine sessions may be running on one workstation at once. Save time by starting a post here and running a report there.
- You can easily set up shortcuts on networked computers running Windows after you install OSAS by using the Set Up Terminals function. This will allow you to set up multiple icons for OSAS on other workstations
- You can easily access Global Inquiry, regardless of the OSAS application you are currently working in. Global Inquiry allows you to locate any information you need, at any level of detail. You can access data in another OSAS application file, and you won’t have to exit and open multiple programs or wait for reports to print.
- You can view important data with inquiry windows and quickly sort it according to the key data you select. You can also use inquiry window math when you want to define the data to calculate statistics.
- Define access codes for each workstation, providing password protection. You can protect individual applications, menus, and functions. The system security file is encrypted.
- You’ll have standardized access to all inquiry windows, information windows, online field help, and on-the-fly maintenance.
- Eliminate the need for keyboard templates by using online keyboard help. You may choose whether or not to display the function key descriptions at the bottom of your screen.
- You’ll be assured that your shipments and correspondence have the correct country code. A list of codes is provided, and it can be sorted by code or country name.
- You’ll find the answers you need with scrollable help screens. Up to 999lines of help are provided on a specific field.
- BBx PROGRESSION/5 from BASIS International Ltd. provides a stable, full-featured foundation for OSAS applications to build on. It is one of the most powerful business application languages available.
- Maintain data for nearly an unlimited number of companies by using 3-character company IDs.
- A separate sample data directory is provided for learning and training purposes. In addition, you can have multiple live data directories for system flexibility and organization.
- You’ll be able to execute special internal and external functions from anywhere within the OSAS system with a special menu that you can modify.
- You can define a default location and bank ID by workstation.
- Identify missing reports through optional banner pages. You can identify user ID, name, report selection criteria, and date and time stamp.
Resource Manager Utilities:
- Company Setup
- Backup and Restore Utilities
- Data File Allocation Report
- Data File Resizing Utility
- Device Configuration Maintenance
- Menu Maintenance
- Inquiry Window Maintenance
- View File Contents Utility
- Workstation Defaults
- Product Suggestions (can be saved and edited through F4. You can make suggestions at any point in the, save a file, print it out later, fax it to Open Systems).
Available in single-user, network and client/server versions, OSAS version 6.0 operates on Windows, UNIX, Linux, Sun Solaris, DEC Alpha, and AIX systems.
The success of your business depends on keeping your customers happy. You need to promptly fill their orders and answer their questions. You need to be able to handle picking, packing, shipping and tracking. OSAS Sales Order application gives you the means to do that. You’ll also benefit from efficient billing and cash receipts management.
Improve Customer Service, Save Time and Money, and Track Orders Efficiently.
You’ll keep your customers happy by filling their orders promptly and you won’t lose track of commitments you made or terms you agreed upon. Backorder information is right at your fingertips. You know exactly what’s backordered and when it will ship.
Make an entry once and the system will produce a picking slip, an invoice, and a backorder if needed. And with the recurring orders feature, you’ll never have to re-enter standing orders or scheduled shipment orders. System defaults and quick entry make transaction entry fast and efficient.
OSAS Sales Order Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features:
- You can produce picking slips for your warehouse employees. It will tell them which items to ship from stock. You can also send one with the order as a packing slip, or use it to verify quantities shipped and/or backordered. If you should have a printing problem such as a paper jam, you can reprint affected picking slips.
- Describe services rendered on custom-made products by referencing additional line-item descriptions of up to ten lines. This is especially helpful to service and build-to-order businesses.
- You’ll be able to analyze sales trends and compare the current period’s sales performance with that of previous periods by looking at the summary and detail history.
- Produce a professional quote for a client and convert that quote to an order upon client approval. All you have to do is change the status of the order from quote to new.
- You’ll save time with online printing functions. You can print invoices and picking slips immediately after entering an order, or accumulate them into batches. Use your choice: plain paper or two special form sizes.
- You’ll have full control of your pricing. A price matrix allows you to set prices by a combination of customer codes and/or inventory codes. Define pricing as a discount from list or as a markup from cost. Prices can be set by customer level for each item for columnar pricing. Prices can be set for a specific customer or group of customers for a group of items. Almost any combination of pricing is available; you decide which works best for you.
- You won’t need to leave the order entry screen to add a new customer. Master file maintenance is just a keystroke away.
- Save data entry time by using the recurring orders feature when you process your billings. If a customer places the same order each month, you only need to enter the information the first time.
- Your order entry is easy and efficient with quick entry and defaults on headers.
- Multiple warehouses per order let you sell items from any warehouse that has available inventory. Selecting the warehouse closest to the customer can save on shipping costs. Also, the customer will receive one invoice regardless of how many warehouses were used to fill the order. This saves time and paper.
- Offer special promotional pricing by letting OSAS track those promotions for you. Promotional pricing can be in addition to or instead of other discounts. A full screen of selection criteria allows you to customize your promotions. When the promotion is over, normal pricing will resume.
- Eliminate down time with batch processing. Your order entry staff can enter orders under one batch ID while another batch of orders is being processed and posted.
- You can enter or edit invoices and credit memos and view invoices with transaction processing from a single menu.
- The optional packing list form reflects the quantity ordered, shipped, and back ordered without prices. You can choose whether to print kit detail on your packing list.
- If you misquote someone by omitting tax, you don’t need to worry about the invoice not matching the quote. You can adjust the Tax field on the totals screen so that you can absorb the cost difference.
- You’ll be able to assign lot numbers for tracking sales and calculating costs. Identify which customers made purchases from a specific lot and when they were shipped.
- You have the flexibility to sort by general ledger period or sales account in the Sales and Miscellaneous Credits Journals.
Sales Order Reports:
- Open Order Report
- Recurring Order List
- Backorder Allocation Report