The SAP Business ByDesign cloud-based solution (formerly referred to as code name A1S) is a new addition to the SAP offerings for small businesses and midsize companies.
It is targeted to the unmet needs of these enterprises, which have traditionally not purchased an integrated business application. SAP Business ByDesign is a complete and adaptable on-demand business solution designed to unify and streamline core business operations for midsize companies.
SAP Business ByDesign offers the following advantages:
- Completeness - SAP Business ByDesign delivers unprecedented value for the money. It is an integrated business solution that supports a wide range of business operations. SAP Business ByDesign features fast setup through a personalized trial and on-demand operation to provide predictable cost of ownership.
- Adaptability - SAP Business ByDesign allows companies to operate with unpre cedented agility. Its rapid implementation delivers immediate business value, and its support for rapid change minimizes disruption to business processes.
- Unprecedented customer experience - SAP Business ByDesign is easy to adopt and use. It provides a personalized try-and-buy process with fast, intuitive software configuration driven by business users. The solution also helps speed user adoption and productivity with a built-in learning environment as well as built-in service and support.
- Power in the hands of the business - SAP Business ByDesign is based on the most modern business process platform in the industry. The underlying functionality allows business users to configure and adapt the solution to their unique and changing needs - without requiring extensive, expensive IT resources.
Get comprehensive compliance support with SAP Business ByDesign. The solution is updated continuously with changes to local regulations, making it easier for you to ensure compliance. You can also rely on access controls and transparent audit trails that record detailed changes to your master and transactional data.
Customer Relationship Management
Support all of your customer relationship management processes – across marketing, sales, and service. SAP Business ByDesign helps you target the best leads and opportunities, accelerate sales cycles, and maximize revenue. It also helps you better understand customer needs, so that you can deliver superior service and achieve high customer satisfaction.
Seamlessly manage all of your marketing activities – Including market development, lead generation, lead qualification, and more. SAP Business ByDesign keeps track of all relevant prospect and customer information that your marketing and sales teams need to ensure strong sales pipelines.
- Manage market, industry, and competitor information more effectively
- Streamline your lead generation activities and ensure a smooth and timely lead handover to sales
- Create customer communications based on previous customer interactions, requirements, and customer value
Gain complete visibility into relevant sales information – Including opportunities, quotes, orders, and invoices. Make it easy for your employees to verify product availability, forecast accurately, and identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities. SAP Business ByDesign helps your sales staff zero-in on the most promising leads, and ultimately close more deals.
- Manage your opportunity-to-quote and order-to-cash processes as a single integrated process
- Maintain complete product and service information and pricing with flexible pricing policies
- Obtain a 360-degree view of your customers, using analytics and metrics to make effective decisions
Give your employees the tools they need to deliver superior service and increase customer satisfaction – with SAP Business ByDesign.
- Enable service agents with access to up-to-date information so they can quickly respond to customer requests
- Meet customer commitments and quickly resolve service calls
- Manage product warranty entitlements to ensure you meet all legal and customer requirements
Get an up-to-date view of your financial condition, and optimize your core accounting processes.
SAP Business ByDesign can help you meet global financial reporting standards, deal in multiple currencies, and streamline tax reporting. Plus, accelerate your period-end closing process, make more informed decisions with real-time integrated analytics, and seamlessly manage payables, receivables, liquidity, inventory, and more.
Manage general ledger accounts for multiple operating units, currencies, and financial reporting standards. Simplify fixed-asset and inventory accounting throughout the entire lifecycle with up- to-date and accurate valuations.
- Create financial reports across multiple business dimensions, and drill down to details
- Simultaneously support multiple financial reporting standards and currencies
- Streamline your financial and management accounting processes with integrated ledgers
- Expedite period-end closings and provide stakeholders with reports on a timely basis
Get real-time visibility into your company’s cash position. SAP Business ByDesign incorporates data from your customer- and supplier-facing business processes, helping you forecast your cash flow more accurately and gain control over payments and cash availability.
- Centrally manage your payables and receivables, and automate your payment and clearing processes
- Valuate payments and cash balances in multiple foreign currencies
- Set up employee policies and monitor expenses and manage reimbursements against them
- Gain real-time insights into bank balances through electronic interfaces
Drive workforce effectiveness by streamlining human resource processes, and providing an integrated view your organization so that everyone can understand roles and responsibilities.
Simplify workforce administration and integrate HR with projects, finance, procurement, and service orders – for complete time recording and expense management. Plus, increase your efficiency and control through outsourcing payroll services.
Simplify new employee on-boarding as well as other key processes. Ensure that HR data is available to all employees and managers when they need it – empowering people and increasing productivity. Plus, leverage built-in workflows and self-services for managers and employees to help reduce HR staff workload.
- Take advantage of workforce administration and master data management capabilities
- Manage time, labor, and compensation more effectively
- Facilitate payroll processing, including interfaces with third-party payroll providers
Provide employees with self-service tools that allow them to efficiently handle routine tasks, such as recording work time, submitting purchase requests, and managing their personal information.
- Create purchase requests that comply with your company’s policies, and monitor their progress
- Submit and manage requests for IT support and other work-related issues
- Enable managers to create and approve self-service requests and make data * changes on behalf of their employees
Integrated Analytics and Reporting
Gain fully integrated, real-time analytics across all areas of your business – and give your employees the information they need most. Business users can access role-based dashboards, graphical information embedded in transaction screens, and ad hoc reporting options through SAP Crystal Reports and Microsoft Excel.
Provide your employees with intuitive analytics with drill-down capabilities, so they can leverage real-time insight and make better decisions. Plus, customize your reports according to your company’s specific business requirements and individual worker’s needs.
Manage projects of any size and complexity – with SAP Business ByDesign’s integrated project management solution. Make it easier for your project teams to collaborate and improve project reporting with real-time analytics that help you monitor related data such as purchases, costs, and workforce hours. Plan and track projects using Gantt charts, work breakdown structures, and network diagrams – and easily share information such as project documents and workflow-driven tasks.
Supplier Relationship Management
Strengthen your supplier relationships and improve procurement processes to reduce costs and save time. SAP Business ByDesign can help you identify the best suppliers for materials and services, and give your employees the tools for self-service procurement. You can also take advantage of integrated analytics to gain insight into price and spend performance for better cost control and financial excellence.
Build and maintain a comprehensive database of supplier and product information, and benefit from a central source for all your supplier-related business processes. SAP Business ByDesign can help you focus your sourcing activities on the most important product categories, and efficiently negotiate prices and contracts with multiple suppliers.
- Find, negotiate, and document the best supply sources and manage the complete contract lifecycle
- Track and monitor supplier performance
- Gain pricing advantages through quantity discounts by bundling multiple purchase requests
Streamline your company’s purchasing activities by automating purchase order creation and invoice verification. With our integrated solution, you can make purchasing information instantly available to your buyers, so they can make the best possible decisions for your company.
- Gain insights into company-wide purchases using analytics to monitor spend
- Ensure quick and efficient invoice processing and supplier payments
- Reduce staff workload by streamlining purchasing activities through self-service procurement
Supply Chain Management
Build an efficient supply chain, so you can respond quickly to changing markets. SAP Business ByDesign includes functionality that helps you optimize material flow, manage demand and supply, and collaborate more effectively with your customers and suppliers. Our integrated solution helps you design, set up, and execute flexible warehouse and manufacturing processes, and gain maximum insight into your business.
Accelerate time-to-market, and ensure consistency between customer requirements and product design. SAP Business ByDesign can help you adapt designs for production – and use specified product requirements as the basis for lean, make-to-order product development.
- Create product designs and import them directly into your engineering system
- Automatically generate bills of materials (BOM) from product designs
- Handle product variants more efficiently across engineering, manufacturing, and sales
Supply Chain Setup Management
Rely on SAP Business ByDesign for supply chain modeling – for a clear view of your customer distribution networks as well as an internal view of your production and warehouse layouts. Create the required master data and achieve business process transparency between planning and execution.
- Manage material flows within your warehouse and manufacturing locations as an integrated process
- Define production, warehouse processes, and operations according to your business requirements
- Use scalable production models for transparency
Supply Chain Planning and Control
Manage your supply and demand planning more effectively, while controlling material flows. You can use an exception-driven approach to plan and consolidate your procurement requirements, create production plans, and determine delivery dates. SAP Business ByDesign makes it easy to define and maintain control over individual customer requirements and product variants.
- Monitor product availability and confirm delivery dates by checking requirements against stock
- Manage your resource capacity to meet production demand
- Identify problems early for quick resolution with minimal disruption
- Specify processes for drop shipment and stock transfers to minimize storage and transport costs
Manufacturing, Warehouse, and Logistics
Produce the high quality products your customers require, while maximizing your manufacturing and logistics efficiency. SAP Business ByDesign makes it easy to manage production, deliveries and returns, physical inventory, and stock transfers. It also posts supply execution data – such as work in process and finished goods inventory – to the general ledger.
- Improve tracking and tracing procedures by using identified stock and labeling
- Ensure product quality by integrating quality assurance with production
- Automate processes for inbound and outbound logistics as well as production
- Take advantage of bar-code or RF readers, mobile devices, and electronic instructions
Reviews of Business ByDesign Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use Business ByDesign? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!