Real Asset Management’s Asset4000 is a comprehensive asset register that controls, tracks and records all changes that occur during an asset’s lifetime. It allows users to benefit from customizable depreciation methods, user-definable reporting facilities and the ability to import new assets from external files.
Asset4000 also provides a seamless interface with leading general ledger software products. Other features include asset imaging, parent/child relationship views, the ability to import new assets from external files and comprehensive reporting facilities.
This Comprehensive, Easy-to-Use Module Provides a Structured Yet Flexible Facility That Applies the Principles of Historic and Current Cost Accounting. Any Number of Books Can Be Set Up to Allow for Different Values, Currencies and Accounting Rules. Asset4000 Is Available in Many Languages, Including English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Assets can be arranged in hierarchies, identifying parent/child relationships and dependencies.
- Depreciation methods are completely user-definable by asset, asset group and period of account. Costs are produced for past, current and future periods and years, including capital expenditure and disposals.
- Data links are provided to spreadsheet packages, general ledgers and management reporting tools. The register also utilizes asset tracking facilities, incorporating the leading bar-code scanning technology.
- Multi-book functionality allows multiple sets of figures to be stored against each asset.
- Each asset record contains a unique identifier and provides the facility to incorporate: existing analysis codes (e.g. category, cost centre, department, company), multiple description lines, acquisition and capitalization dates as well as such book dependent information as purchase cost, asset life, depreciation rules, quantity, residual values and grant values.
- Transactions can be applied across all books, including full and partial disposals, transfers, reliefs, revaluations and splits
- Period cost details for each asset are viewed in one screen as a list or graph. Note tabs provide quick access to costs for each book.
- Each accounting book is independently configurable to meet international accounting rules, including different currency settings.
- Complies with U.S. Federal Tax Regulations, including acquisition conventions and MACRS (Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System) declining balance methods of depreciation.
- European depreciation rules can be applied to individual books, for example, taking into account the differences in the double straight line depreciation rule between Germany and Belgium.
- Entire system, from menu options to information messages, in the required language. Professionally translated on-line help file.