Macola has provided software solutions to thousands of small and medium-sized manufacturers and distributors for over 40 years. Our solutions help organizations increase revenue, reduce costs, mitigate risk, improve operational efficiencies, and customer satisfaction.
Our flagship product, Macola, is a business and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software solution aimed at helping customers better:
- Understand costs and performance metrics
- Plan properly for labor, materials, resources, and compliance
- Deliver their products predictably and within budget
We do all of this by increasing the speed, accuracy, and reliability of business operations. While most of our competitors charge extra for every add-on piece, we offer a comprehensive suite of functionality including accounting, manufacturing, distribution, CRM, HRM, workflow, automation, and document management software all with mobile access and integration support for third party applications. We provide all this for one budget-friendly price.
Macola has three categories of functionality:
- Core Business Functions are aimed at improving your business transactions. Examples include, expediting orders, improving the cash cycle (both paying and receiving), analytics reporting, inventory stock and replenishment to name a few. All manufactures and/or distributors have to do most of these core business functions, regardless if they use software to help or not. Everything is included in Macola, no per module costs. We have too many capabilities to list, but we group that functionality into the following sub-categories:
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Accounting & Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Activity and Process Management is aimed at facilitating interactions among the transactions from core business functions.
- Workflow can be used to align all parties within a process by notify people when they need to get involved.
- Automation is key in reducing errors and eliminating redundant work, without the need for human intervention. We can automate alerts for things like inventory levels have dropped below 20%, or these invoices are now 90 days past due.
- Document Management allows centralized creation, storage, access, and version management for things like, meeting notes, emails, product announcements, policies, manuals, orders, invoices, and many more. We ensure all employees are using the latest versions and help centralize collaboration. Workflow, Automation, and Document Management create an audit trail for tasks, projects, automated actions, and processes to prove compliance.
- Personalized Workspaces are role-specific views into the Transactions and Interactions, and reduce time to perform tasks by bringing together critical functions to perform a job and eliminate getting lost in a sea of enterprise functionality. Personalized workspaces are web-based and accessible anytime and anywhere, meaning your business is always “on”. Personalized Workspaces allow employees to interpret multiple points of information quickly, all from a single screen and by bringing key role-specific functionality together, we enable a more natural ERP and business experience for your employees.
Macola core ERP functionality includes
- Award-winning accounting with real-time month-end closing
- General Ledger
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Cash Management
- Financial Reporting
- Core capabilities for manufacturing:
- Materials Requirements Planning
- Shop Floor Control
- Standard Costing
- Production Order Processing
- Core capabilities for distribution:
- Order Entry
- Inventory Management
- Purchase Order Management
- Client/Workstation: Windows 7 or newer
- Web Browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge
- Mobile Apps: iOS 7.0 or later, Android version 4.0 and later
- Browser-based Mobile Access: iOS 10, Android 6.0
A/P features flexible vendor invoice tracking, streamlined recurring payments, easy check payment and reconciliation, and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). A/P also features an extensive notes system allowing you to store an unlimited number of notes, as well as unlimited contact and address information. It also manages federal 1099 information and credit terms.
Manage your customers activity and credit to ensure high customer service levels, and maximize cash flow to achieve the highest level of performance.
Advanced Distribution - includes RMA & RFQ/REC
This application consists of a set of six specific functions: Landed Cost, Hard Allocation, Multi-Bin, Confirm Pick, Confirm Ship and Return Material Authorization. ADIS Landed Cost capability enables you to calculate all costs, including the cost of the product, normally associated with purchasing and receiving materials in-house for resale or production.
Assets & Depreciation
Registering and tracking your organizations fixed assets is a necessary accounting process. The Macola Assets module allows you to record and depreciate your companys assets from acquisition to disposition
Bank Book with Electronic Funds Transfer
The Bank Book package fulfills two main functions. First, it provides the ability to do on-line bank reconciliation of bank statements. Second, it provides up-to-the-minute, realtime values for cash account.
Bill of Materials
With a strong BOM solution that can help manage and analyze components and products, you will have an extremely flexible and powerful visual tool that also integrates with Macola’s Shop Floor Control (SFC) and Production Order Processing (POP) modules.
Credit Card Processing Module
The credit card processing module allows the credit card to be authorized at order entry or it can be preauthorized. It is certified with major credit cards and it supports single or multi-users. (PC Charge is required to use this module, and is purchased separately.
Take your business global and do business in multiple currencies. Whether you are tracking purchases or sales, Currency Manager interfaces with the General Ledger (G/L), Accounts Receivable (A/R), Accounts Payable (A/P), and Bank Book (B/B) packages to provide you with the exchange rate information you need to keep on top of your international operations.
Customer Relationship Management
Exact CRM provides a web-based human resource management, customer and contact information management, workflow automation, document management and project management solution that integrates with your financial, manufacturing and distribution functions.
Designer (included in Sys. Mgr.)
Designer allows you to customize the standard application screens and deploy to individual users. This module allows you to hide fields not used, rename field names, and move fields on the screen to streamline entry and customize entry to your company.
Exact Business Analytics (EBA) Foundation is the starter version of our end-to-end analytics and reporting solution from report writing, On-LineAnalytical Processing (OLAP) to Dashboards. This powerful, multi-dimensional reporting and analysis solution will form the essential foundation for your reporting and analysis needs.
Exact Electronic Data Exchange (EDI) makes this transmission as efficient as possible by reducing overhead while keeping a high level of production. With full integration and data mapping to your existing ERP system, Exact EDI will decrease paper costs, eliminate human data entry errors, and reduce lead times and stockholding —- all the while increasing the quality of your trading relationships.
This system brings the broadest and deepest capabilities in financial technology in an easy-to-analyze format, making smart economic choices much easier. The module extends your financial automation to every sub-sector of your organization
The system manages the core of your distribution network through a comprehensive, integrated toolset that reliably controls and tracks not just inventory items, but inventory information. It enables you to maximize inventory investment while providing the flexibility to support unique inventory requirements.
Manufacturing Cost Accounting
This analysis solution was designed to use in tracking actual costs and in comparing these actual costs to planned costs yielding valuable variance analysis data. It is the primary source for linking accounting entries from shop orders to the Macola General Ledger.
This tool makes a statement of what the company expects to manufacture. It reflects the overall, long-term production plans, taking into account the companys sales forecast, material availability and plant capacity. Macolas Master Scheduling allows you to closely manage key indicators, which, in turn, drive the material and production plan of your remaining items.
Material Requirements Planning
Ideal for the single-site manufacturing and multiple warehouse operation, Macola 10’s MRP functionality streamlines your manufacturing/warehouse operation and ordering.
O/E supports the three primary phases of order processing. It facilitates the order entry process by accepting orders and quotes, validating credit and calculating pricing. O/E supports the picking and shipping process by recommending order lines, serial/lot/bins to be picked and generating shipping documents such as labels, packing slips, and bills of lading. It supports the billing and invoicing processes, closing the loop between customer service, the warehouse and accounting.
Production Order Processing
POPs Value Added Cost Maintenance functionality allows you to define numerous cost types to represent value added costs applied during production. With work order processing, due dates can be tied to a manufacturing shop calendar, which manages days open for production.
Purchase Order & Receiving
The tool automates the processes associated with procurement by providing an efficient, timesaving solution. This solution is completely integrated with related modules, providing a total seamless solution.
Quoting & Estmating
Whether a distributor providing quotes to different customers or a manufacturer quoting every job on a case-by-case basis, the Macola Quoting and Estimating solution provides all the information required in a very flexible interface.
Shop Floor Control
Designed for the detailed management of activities and the flow of materials inside the plant, SFC plans and tracks the workers, materials, tools, machines and time utilized in production so that the activities of production are visible throughout the organization to authorized users.
A comprehensive and powerful tool for maintaining standard, current and projected costs for both accounting and manufacturing operations. Its unique features are ideal for helping you manage the planning and budgeting of your entire operation.
Standard Product Routing
The SPR module is oriented toward any size make-to-stock manufacturer, but it also has the inherent flexibility to be used in job shops where jobs tend to be similar to earlier jobs. SPR standardizes manufacturing routings, the information that describes the path a product follows on the shop floor as it flows through the production process.
Reviews of Macola Write a Review
An anonymous Macola user says...
The solution was great and we felt it would be a good software for our company.
The good: It was definitely a lower cost option compared to some of the other options we looked into. We kept them around in consideration for quite a while simply for this fact alone.
The bad: Unfortunately the solution did not have a requirement to cost inventory items by serial number, which was something we absolutely needed. There were definite work-arounds available, and I would have personally chosen this solution over the other option we reviewed had this been immediately available.