TOPS Professional® is your complete Condominium and Homeowner’s Association (HOA) Management solution. Whether you are managing one community or hundreds, no other application gives you the power, flexibility, integration, and scalability of TOPS Professional®
TOPS’ Administrative Tools Make Work Easier
TOPS’ administrative tools allow you to easily manage work orders, violations, and even resident services. Our simple accounting features are integrated into every module and include many reporting options. And, the time-saving automation means you will spend less time on administrative work and more time focusing on your clients.
- Stop looking through different systems
- TOPS allows you to manage and view all Homeowner related information from one screen.
- Maximize your time through automation
- Schedule TOPS to perform key functions during off hours, allowing you to spend more time with your clients.
- Reports available in PDF, Word™, and Excel™
- Get the output you want and the flexibility to tailor them for any application.
TOPS Professional’s user interface is user-friendly and intuitive. After all, it was designed to be used by Condo/HOA Managers! Between its smart user-interface and custom Condo/HOA features under the hood, TOPS Professional will simplify your community management operation.
One of the most important aspects of your management operation is your ability to stay on top of the financials. In fact no other function is more critical. Choosing the wrong application for your Condo/HOA will hold you back, leading to inaccuracies, inefficiencies, and lots of extra effort just to perform routine tasks.
TOPS Professional’s® accounting is user-friendly, powerful, and seamlessly integrated into all facets of the application. Implementing TOPS Professional® means empowering your team to generate invoices, produce accurate reports, pass charges back to homeowners, get detailed histories, quickly process receivables and automate accounting procedure s in a scalable system that grows with you.
- Save time managing receivables TOPS gives you five methods to record cash receipts: one-off, in batches, lockbox processing, direct debit, and website payment processing!
- Easy to learn and use TOPS was designed to be intuitive, user-friendly, and with a simplistic interface that doesn’t require previous accounting knowledge.
- Lots of reporting options Every financial report in TOPS has different variations and can be generated as a PDF, Excel™, Word™, or HTML document!
- Cash or accrual accounting
- Lockbox integration
- Integrated direct debit
- Allow owners to pay online through community website
- Manage all payables across all communities on one screen
- Payables lockbox integration
- Seamless integration of accounting in property management modules
- Dozens of reports
- Desktop check scanning
- MICR check printing
- Follows AICPA guidelines for Condo/HOA accounting
Eliminate the Pain of Collections
Staying on top of delinquent owners is more than just a nuisance. That’s why TOPS Professional gives you powerful automation tools to shorten the time and effort needed to manage collections.
- Track charges based on custom charge tables you define
- Automatically find all delinquent owners and print custom collection letters
- Refer delinquent owners to your attorney for collections from within the software*
The General Ledger is the heart of any accounting system. The GL defines the Chart of Accounts, Budget, Journal Entries (even Recurring!), and accounting period management. The General Ledger is where all of the accounting magic happens in TOPS Professional.
The Chart of Accounts is fully customizable per your specifications, or you may copy the sample CoA provided by TOPS. Cost Centers and Department tracking is also fully supported.
The General Ledger of TOPS Professional features Fund Balance reporting, in compliance with the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) guidelines for community accounting.
To prevent fraud, the Backdate Protection system prevents backdating transactions to closed periods.
Quickly look up and print a full transaction history for each account in your chart of accounts.
Secure accounts with out of balance and close month protection.
A full budget development system is provided. Budgets can be defined down to the charge code level, complete with an easy spreadheet-like data entry method.
Automate Common Entries
Perform one-time and recurring journal entries for repeat entries that need to be made on a regular basis, such as monthlty or quarterly. Recurring journal entries can be variable or fixed amounts.
Budgeting is incorporated into the advanced reporting structure to allow comparison reporting to keep your communities on track with their budgets.
Generate professional financial statements on demand, such as balance sheet, income/expense statement, reserve fund statement and full general ledger.
Save Time on Board Report Packages
Save time every month with TOPS’ Report Defaults. Instead of generating each report for a board meeting one-at-a-time through Report Defaults you can create preset Board Report packages. TOPS empowers you to define what reports to package together for each community and schedule them to print automatically.
- Generate monthly financial packages automatically
- Send Report Packets to key internal staff
- Ability to define an unlimited number of reporting packages
Balance Your Checkbooks Automatically
With automated bank reconciliation, synchronize your community data in TOPS Professional with your community bank accounts to automatically reconcile cleared checks with your general ledger data in TOPS Professional.
- Reconcile bank accounts as often as you like to check for fraudulent transactions.
- Checks and Deposits are automatically cleared when transactions are downloaded from the bank.
- Easily print the Bank Reconciliation reports, download transactions from the bank and post interest / service charges directly to the General Ledger.
- Record transfers between bank accounts or to post a beginning balance entry to the community checkbook.
Great software, like any great tool, should help your organization save two key resources: time and money. Your ability to manage these assets controls how you remain competitive and grow your business. TOPS Professional® empowers you to maximize your personnel through strategically automating your operations.
TOPS Professional® has time-saving features built into every aspect of the application, from billings to payables and work order management to violations processing. Through Job Streaming, you can program your TOPS Professional® application to manage collections, reporting, and communications in off-work hours, freeing your staff to focus on serving homeowners and the board of directors.
- Preset Board Reports save you time Through TOPS you can define for every community what their report packet contains and schedule them to print automatically!
- Make less trips to the bank TOPS Remote Check deposit allows you to scan checks and electronically make deposits without ever leaving your office.
- Go green with TOPS iMail Save time, natural resources, and money by allowing homeowners to opt-in to email for communications and statements!
- Automates monthly billing
- Preset board reports
- One-click collections processing for delinquent owners
- Streamlined letter writing
- Blast email of all correspondence with detailed tracking
- Process payables across multiple accounts
- Lockbox and ACH Direct Debit
- Batch management of violations and architectural requests
- Perform key functions across all communities at one time
- Android and iPhone app for management in the field
Benefit from Global Portfolio Tools
Global functionality makes managing your association portfolio a snap! With the TOPS Global module, you will appreciate easier portfolio management and faster, more powerful processing.
- Perform searches across your entire community portfolio
- Generate global reports and data sets for filtering
- Speed AR processing with Global tools such as Lockbox and Direct Debit
Reduce your workload through Job Streaming
TOPS Professional has many time-saving features, but perhaps none is more powerful than Job Streaming. Through Job Streaming your team can create workflows to perform key actions, such as applying charges and late fees or categorizing collections, at set times every month. Job Streaming will automatically perform these functions without any manual interaction, reducing your staff time needed for these processes.
- Schedule key tasks to be performed automatically
- Have reports prepared and emailed during off hours
- User-defined workflows for every community
Hands-Free Community Management
The ultimate tool for the portfolio manager, the Job Streaming module takes the routine and time consuming functions of day to day community management and transforms them into a completely hands-free automated process.
Job streaming allows for customized automation of repetitive tasks such as the following:
- Print Monthly Financial Reports and Owner or Officer Mailing Labels.
- Create customized report packages to automate printing of monthly ‘Board Financials’.
- Apply recurring owner charges, prepayments, late fees, or interest.
- Categorize collections and print collection letters.
- Define default print settings and set posting dates based on a range of automated date combinations.
- Apply recurring AP invoices.
- Close the current period and apply recurring journal entries.
- Print coupons or generate coupon files.
- Schedule job run dates using Outlook-style recurrences for a practically unlimited number of date recurrence methods.
- Schedule jobs to run manually, automatically, or to prompt a selected user when the job should be run.
- Save an unlimited number of jobs to custom folders that you define.
Job Streaming can be run unattended during non-working hours for maximum productivity. Jobs can be set up with various parameters, saved so they can be used again, and then scheduled on the calendar so they execute on a regular basis without further staff involvement. This flexibility is built in to meet the portfolio manager’s needs. The more associations in a portfolio, the more time savings can be realized.
Simple Community Management
TOPS Professional is one integrated platform that your entire team can use to manage everything from owners to financials to rules enforcement. It’s simple to set up and it’s easy to learn and use! TOPS offers an intuitive interface, user-friendly screens, and clear workflows. You won’t find tech jargon here, just really approachable software that works for you.
The Owners module is one of the star features of TOPS Professional. From one single screen, you can access information about any owner, their current balance, and a link to any violation or work orders associated with that owner.
Ease the Pain of Rules Enforcement
The TOPS CC&R Enforcement module gives you a convenient and effective way to handle owner rules enforcement issues. At the heart of TOPS’ CC&R are unique, custom Action Tables that allow you to control and automate your enforcement process from start to finish.
The CC&R module also lets you track architectural change requests, which are owner requests for approval to make a change to the exterior of their home. TOPS clients report saving 8 hours per week simply by implementing time-savers built-in to the CC&R module.
- Inspection reminders
- Define actions for each violation based on your community’s documents
- Generate unlimited custom enforcement letters
- All violation letters tie automatically to Owner Communications for full owner tracking
- Process functions in bulk with CC&R Batch Processing
- Integrates with TOPS Go! for Android and iOS
Track Owner Communications
Every letter you generate in TOPS Professional is automatically stored in the individual owner’s communications history. View letters, emails and notes instantly by clicking a single button on the Owners screen.
Through TOPS iMail, you can create custom form letters to send via mass email to opted-in homeowners. This is completely integrated into the Owner Communications system, so that every email sent gets stored in each individual owner’s record.
Analyze trends in your communities
TOPS Professional gives your team insight into every facet of a community through reporting and charts. Find and isolate an issue before it becomes a problem or share high level analysis with the board.
- Hundreds of Professional Reports
- Global ‘Portfolio-Level’ Reporting engine
- All reports export to PDF, CSV, HTML and DOC formats
Enforcing community rules, generating communications and managing maintenance projects become much easier when you use TOPS Professional®. All management functions are completely integrated with the accounting in TOPS Professional® , giving you one labor saving platform for your entire staff to use. Functions like running violation letters or assigning work orders to vendors can be automated, saving you time.
TOPS Professional’s® management features can be accessed in the office, over the web (with our TOPS Professional® Hosted), or via a smartphone or tablet (with TOPS Go!). This flexibility empowers your managers to work how they want, when they want, all while remaining connected to your office.
- Violations and Architectural Requests TOPS tracks and reminds you of inspections, automatically generates violation letters and handles fines for rules violations.
- Work Orders and Service Requests Track incoming service requests from residents and turn them into Work Orders, either assigning them to your own maintenance staff, or vendors from your AP vendor list. You can even charge back costs with tax and burden rates!
- Community Fact Sheet There is so much to remember about each community in your portfolio. From legal policy data to emergency contact info to preferred vendor lists to directions, the Community Fact Sheet can remember it so you don’t have to!
- Complete Owner Management from one screen
- Work Order management with job costing
- Flexible Violations enforcement with automated workflows
- Ability to pass fines and fees to the homeowner’s account
- Vehicle and Visitor tracking
- Phone logging for homeowner and vendor messages
- Smartphone, tablet, and hosted access available
- Track essential images to document records
Reviews of TOPS Professional Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use TOPS Professional? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!