Intacct is a web-based, SaaS accounting and financial management software system designed for use by small and mid-size organizations.
Key benefits of Intacct include:
- Automation of manual processes enabling faster delivery of accurate financials
- Improved decision-making capability via accurate, accessible financial data
- Anytime, anywhere user access via a browser-based, SaaS delivery model
- Scalability for multi-entity support and user growth
First released in 2000, Intacct is one of the pioneer SaaS accounting solutions. Over 10,000 organizations now actively use the program. Intacct provides an alternative choice for businesses that require more functional sophistication than what is found in entry-level web accounting products. Growth-minded small and mid-market companies seeking robust financial management capabilities represent Intacct’s core market.
Intacct describes their product as “built for finance.” The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) has endorsed Intacct as a “preferred provider of financial management applications.” Intacct has bolstered the appeal of the program for financial professionals by providing significant point-and-click configuration capabilities or fields, reports, and workflows without the need for code-based changes.
Organizations seeking functional support for business processes beyond finance and sales departments can augment Intacct’s capabilities with a variety of 3rd party add-on programs designed to integrate with Intacct via its Web Services API.
- Video Overview
- Intacct Real World Evaluations
- Quick Facts Q&A
- Target Organization Size
- Module Descriptions
- User Reviews
Intacct Real World Evaluations
Wondering if Intacct is right for your organization? To better understand if it is a fit for you, explore data detailing the functional requirements, anticipated spending ranges, and company attributes of 50 businesses who recently considered purchasing Intacct.
Quick Facts Q&A
What functionality does Intacct include?
Intacct provides a comprehensive suite of financial management and accounting applications. Additionally, Intacct enables key sales business processes with support for order and inventory management.
Intacct’s core functionality set includes: accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, general ledger, order management, and reporting & dashboards.
Additional modules include: contract and subscription billing, contract revenue management, fixed assets, inventory management, multi-entity and global consolidations, project accounting, sales and use tax, time and expense management, and vendor payment services.
How much does Intacct cost?
Intacct pricing varies and is provided on a quotation basis. Factors influencing subscription costs include user count, user access level, and module requirements. Initial set-up costs vary and can be influenced by data migration needs, configuration services desired, requirements for integration with other business applications, and training expectations.
Based on recent FindAccountingSoftware.com review activity, 80% of buyers who considered purchasing Intacct had maximum 3 year spending ranges in the tens of thousands of dollars (USD) range.
Intacct VARs report that the typical monthly per user cost for Intacct starts around $400 and increases depending on the functional requirements.
Customized pricing for Intacct is available on-demand and additional Intacct cost data can be found below.
How does software licensing work for Intacct?
Intacct is licensed on a software-as-a-service basis. The standard Intacct licensing agreement includes hosting, software functionality, support, and access to upgrades.
The normal billing term for Intacct software is annual payment. Intacct users can choose how many users to license, the level of functional user access, and which modules are licensed.
Under the Intacct license agreement, all software users fully own their own business data held within Intacct. The Intacct end-user agreement also includes a provision to make business data available for 90 days after service contract termination.
Who sells Intacct?
Intacct is offered through multiple sources. Organizational users can subscribe to Intacct directly through Intacct. Or, users can subscribe to the Intacct via a network of authorized value-added resellers, who offer additional consulting and support services to complement product functionality.
What industries is Intacct appropriate for?
Intacct is used by a wide variety of industry types. It is particularly popular in the service sector. Professional services (24.1%), non-profit (18.3%), and commercial & service companies (14.0%) review Intacct most frequently.
For a detailed breakdown of buyer reviews by company industry, see below.
What size companies use Intacct?
Intacct is appropriate for companies across a wide range of organizational sizes. There is no minimum or maximum user count. Intacct is most commonly used by small and mid-sized businesses.
Based on recent FindAccountingSoftware.com review activity, 62.3% of organizations who considered Intacct for a potential software purchase had employee counts between 10 and 99 employees.
For more data pertaining to the target organizational size for Intacct, see below.
Is Intacct cloud-based?
Yes. Intacct is a cloud-based program offering anytime, anywhere access to users on any device with a supported web-browser. Intacct is delivered on a software-as-a-service (SaaS) basis, meaning Intacct hosts the application in their own data center and provides access to application resources and data on subscription service basis.
An internet connection is required to use the software. Intacct’s SLA provides for a guarantee of 99.8% application uptime.
What kind of technical support is provided?
Basic tech support is included with the Intacct SaaS license agreement. Intacct maintains a community forum and provides support through a combination of phone, email, and chat client communication.
Organizations desiring more involved strategic consulting for planning optimal use of Intacct functionality relative to specific business process requirements can purchase additional support services from Intacct VARs.
Can Intacct be customized?
Extensive customization capabilities are possible with Intacct.
Intacct provides a wide range of point and click system configuration to help non-technical financial personnel adapt interfaces, fields, and workflows to fit their needs.
Intacct has published a 134 page user manual covering their customization services, which provides users with in-depth information on altering program functionality to suit their needs.
What additional 3rd party software is available to extend Intacct?
There is an extensive array of 3rd party add-on programs designed to extend the functionality of Intacct. The Intacct Marketplace includes functional add-on offerings ranging from CRM, eCommerce, business intelligence, payroll, point-of-sale, human resources, and beyond.
Intacct offers an extensive set of financial management and accounting oriented functionalities. Also, Intacct offers order and inventory management tools. Departmental needs beyond finance and sales can be satisfied with a wide range of 3rd party add-on applications designed to integrate with Intacct.
|Accounts Payable||Yes||Cash, check, card, and bank transfer payment management; collections management; penalties & adjustments|
|Accounts Receivable||Yes||Electronic or check payments; real-time posting to GL; vendor management|
|Asset/Equipment Management||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Bank Reconciliation||Yes||Automated reconciliations; bank error and fraud monitoring|
|Benefits Management||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Bill of Materials||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Budgeting||Yes||Actual/variance reporting; month/quarter budgetary estimates|
|Business Intelligence||Yes||KPI monitoring; dashboards; advanced financial analytics such as customer acquisition cost|
|Cash Flow Management||Yes||Multi-account cash management; cash forecasting|
|Commissions Management||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Credit Card Processing||No||3rd party credit card processing integration possible|
|Customer Relationship Management||No||Preferred integration with SalesForce available|
|eCommerce||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|EDI||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Employee Records||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Estimating||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Field Service Management||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Fixed Asset Tracking||Yes||Customizable depreciation formulas; predefined depreciation schedules; asset splits & combinations|
|Fund Accounting||Yes||Fund and grant management; stakeholder reporting; activity based budgeting|
|Fundraising Management||Yes||Automation of calculation of funds|
|General Ledger||Yes||Streamlined data entry; financial close automation|
|Human Resources||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Inventory Control||Yes||Status management (on-hand, on-order, back-order); location management|
|Invoicing||Yes||Email invoices; automated invoice creation|
|Job Costing||Yes||Time and expense tracking; project accounting using milestones, schedules, & percentage completion|
|Manufacturing Execution System||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Material Requirements Planning||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Payroll||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Point-of-Sale||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Project Management||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Purchasing||Yes||Dashboard purchasing reports; purchase automation|
|Recruitment and Talent Management||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Requisition Management||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Sales Forecasting||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Sales Order Management||Yes||Point-and-click order entry; integration with Salesforce CRM; order fulfillment reporting|
|Time Tracking||Yes||Anytime, anywhere time & expense data entry; client & project organization|
|Warehouse Management (Advanced)||No||3rd party add-ons available|
|Work Order Management||No||3rd party add-ons available|
Intacct is used by a wide variety of industries, but is most commonly considered by service and non-profit oriented organizations.
The following data provides a breakdown of recent Intacct review activity organized by the industry of the organizations considering Intacct for a possible purchase.
Pricing on Intacct depends on a variety of factors. User and functional requirements play the most significant role in affecting base licensing costs. The cost of implementation (configuration and data migration) and training services can also substantially affect overall project pricing.
The following chart displays a breakdown of estimated maximum spending ranges reported by software buyers who recently reviewed Intacct as a purchase option.
Target Organization Size
Intacct is designed for use by organizations of varying company sizes. The median size of organizations who consider Intacct is 20 employees, based on review activity.
The product information presented on this page is based on information provided by the developer and from previous software buyers who considered the software via Find Accounting Software referrals. Last update: 7/6/2017.
Intacct Accounts Payable is a comprehensive solution for managing your vendors and the full procure-to-pay cycle. Know your obligations across the entire procurement process and manage payments to your vendors online or by check.
- Save thousands of hours by automating data entry; pre-define default vendor values such as payment terms, discounts, general ledger accounts, payment priority, and payment date.
- Automate your vendor payment process to manage and control invoice and check payment.
- Better track payments with user-defined, automated multi-level payment approvals to help manage cash and adhere to internal controls.
- Automate expense allocation with pre-defined expense allocation tables to quickly allocate bills across multiple business entities or departments.
- Close your Accounts Payable ledger while maintaining day-to-day operations.
Do more than just pay the bills. Eliminate time spent on manual processes by automating billing and payment management—and take advantage of electronic invoicing and payment capabilities that go well beyond traditional accounts payable functions. Manage an unlimited number of vendors and transactions, set up customized terms for each vendor, take advantage of discount opportunities, and improve financial controls with flexible processes you can tailor to the needs of your organization.
Manage, track and report on payments:
- Apply overpayments and vendor credits to the next bill you pay.
- Tailor default AP terms, aging periods, and more by creating custom terms as needed.
- Create vendors on-the-fly with flexible, yet stringent, permissions.
- Choose from a wide variety of easily customizable aging and payables reports and graphs that enable you to easily drill down to vendor and bill-level detail.
- Track payment reconciliation status to avoid reissuing payments that have cleared your bank.
Increase internal controls by configuring to the software to conform to your business processes:
- Set up an optional approval cycle with different authorization levels based on limits and controls that you define.
- Attach digital files or supporting documents to transactions, for permanent and secure access to underlying documentation.
- Maintain a high level of accounting control by separating accounting duties between people or groups.
- Assign to different users the ability to enter vendor bills, request payments, approve payments, and print checks, ensuring accountability and security, and eliminating the risk of editing or deleting bills once they are paid.
Up to date financials with real-time integration:
- Maintain independent close processes, by closing the accounts payable ledger while you’re updating the general ledger.
- Take advantage of real-time integration with Intacct General Ledger, Intacct Cash Management, Intacct Project Accounting, and Intacct Purchasing.
- Synchronize with Intacct Purchasing and give your purchasing staff effective procurement tools—including RFQs and purchase orders.
- Automatically post purchasing transactions to both Intacct Accounts Payable and Intacct General Ledger.
- Seamlessly integrate other business applications with Intacct using SOA, web, and XML services.
Automate workflows and processes to increase productivity.
- Differentiate each class of vendor—for example, contractors from suppliers, or hardware vendors from software vendors—by assigning a vendor type to create aging reports.
- Analyze spending and prioritize payments by setting up vendor groups.
- Streamline vendor communication using a built-in contact manager.
- Accelerate manual check writing with batch check entry functionality that makes it easy to enter up to 100 checks per screen.
- Add supporting documents—such as scanned receipts—to each bill to substantiate the payment request.
- Take full advantage of vendor discounts with automatic due date and percentage discount calculations.
Intacct Accounts Receivable is a comprehensive solution for managing your complete customer payment cycle. Efficiently collect and process payments and effectively manage your cash collection. Intacct Accounts Receivable makes it easy to create and print or email invoices, receive and apply regular and advance payments, make deposits and deliver statements.
- Efficiently collect and process payments—cash, checks, credit cards, and banking transfers.
- Quickly set up and generate recurring invoices.
- Create and print or email invoices.
- Effectively manage cash collection and key customers.
- Receive and apply regular and advance payments, apply penalties and adjust accounts, make deposits, and deliver statements.
- Automate data entry by defaulting customer terms, general ledger accounts, billing, and shipping address information.
- Gain real-time visibility into customer financial information and cash analysis.
Streamline customer invoicing process.
- Attach documentation directly to transactions when you need backup information.
- Shorten the collection process by easily emailing invoices.
- Give your customers multiple payment options, including check, cash, charge card or funds transfer.
- Receive advance payments at any time, and apply those payments to invoices, similar to other account adjustments.
- Use the fast batch entry mode for easy, after-the-fact, bulk invoice entry.
- Simplify payment receipt, and support recurring bills and scheduled payments, using integrated PayPal Merchant Services and Authorize.net for credit card processing.
Streamline cash management.
- Place funds into an undeposited funds account to deposit later.
- Make a quick deposit to attribute a payment to a customer’s general account, rather than to a specific invoice sent to that customer.
- Manage non-invoiced deposits, such as over-the-counter register sales, that don’t track back to individual customers or transactions.
Take control of accounts receivables.
- Keep track of transaction details forever, and maintain secure access to complete customer histories.
- Eliminate the risk of users deleting or editing invoices once they are paid.
- Assign accounts receivable duties to different employees or to different roles by taking advantage of granular access control over data and processes.
Fully automate receivables invoicing and approvals.
- Process one-time or recurring invoices.
- Streamline data entry by pre-populating invoices with the appropriate data using a previous invoice.
- Assess finance charges on past due accounts, as part of your customer collections process.
Integrate receivables with other Intacct applications. Post all transactions on a cash or accrual basis in real time using fully integrated Intacct modules, ensuring financially consistent views across the business.
Simplify tax management.
- Get up-to-date, accurate sales tax calculations using integrated cloud-based tax compliance capabilities provided by Avalara, or by configuring the Intacct Advanced Tax Engine to fit your business.
- Comply with tax accrual requirements in each area where you do business, and support multiple rates for different regulatory bodies by calculating transactional taxes using the Intacct Advanced Tax Engine.
- Calculate the sales tax payable balance by tax jurisdiction and drill down to individual invoices for audit trail purposes.
Bill & Invoice Presentment
Intacct users have multiple options for delivering invoices to clients and customers. You may email invoices directly from within the Intacct service. Or you can request that invoices be printed and mailed for you - without your needing to ever touch an envelope or a stamp. Similar capabilities are available for statements.
Intacct Cash Management provides visibility and control intro your company’s spending and allows you to easily manage cash across multiple accounts. Increase productivity by managing all your cash accounts in one centralized location, allowing you to manage cash flow, forecast cash needs, maximize investment returns and ensure compliance with your own cash handling processes.
- Increase productivity by managing all of your cash accounts from one centralized location.
- Automate and simplify bank reconciliations.
- Manage cash flow, forecast cash needs, maximize investment returns, and ensure compliance using your organization’s cash handling processes.
Take advantage of complete cash management software functionality to manage all financial payments, deposit transactions, and bank reconciliations in real time. Control spending and flexibly manage all checking, savings and charge card accounts with comprehensive bank reconciliation. Increase visibility of your financial banking transactions to ensure compliance across your entire organization.
Control over your cash management process - Receive payments, make deposits, print checks, record manual checks, record funds transfers and card charges, pay off charges, and reconcile your cash accounts with Intacct Cash Management software.
Automate cash management process
- Easily reconcile accounts to see instantly which transactions have already cleared the bank by automatically importing statements from many financial institutions.
- Automate bank reconciliation by identifying exceptions, manage bank errors and monitor fraud.
- Keep accurate cash balances in real time.
Streamline payment process
- Deposit cash directly into a bank account or into your Un-deposited Funds account for later deposit.
- Choose from two ways to make and track payments: Print a check for a vendor immediately without assigning it to a specific bill using the quick check feature—as an option to bill-focused payment cycles available within Intacct Accounts Payable. Record and post checks written directly from your checkbook.
- Choose from two ways to pay credit card charges: Create a payment request that follows the appropriate review and approval cycle before you print a check using the full payables cycle. Automate the funds transfer from a bank account to a credit card account.
- Attach a supporting document to any transaction, for online justification of any payment or receipt.
Contract and Revenue Management
Intacct Contract and Revenue Management automates and optimizes the financial processes associated with complex contractual relationships. It frees you from managing revenue with dedicated staff and complicated spreadsheets, which lead to inevitable errors, lost revenue and compliance risks.
- Manage Complex Contracts with Ease - Intacct Contract and Revenue Management allows you to manage and track customer relationships and complex contracts from a centralized repository. Easily manage even the most complex multi-element contracts.
- Support Sophisticated Revenue Management - Intacct Contract and Revenue Management supports flexible revenue recognition schedules including multiple product lines as well as maintenance, subscription, transaction, usage and services offerings with dates, events and percent completion values. Easily adjust events, such as changing project milestone dates or percentage completion.
- Maximize Renewal Revenue - Streamline the contract renewal process and increase renewal revenue by automatically scheduling, managing and providing visibility into contract renewal activities. Intacct Contract and Revenue Management supports complex pricing and can automatically apply pre-negotiated or policy driven changes in pricing and discounting.
- Automate Complex Billing - Intacct Contract and Revenue Management helps optimize billing, increase client satisfaction and avoid revenue leakage. It leverages a deep repository of contract information to automatically generate billing schedules that lead to accurate, timely and justifiable bills.
- Easily Forecast Revenue - Quickly and accurately forecast deferred, recognized and renewal revenue. Intacct Contract and Revenue Management provides instant access to reliable, accurate business forecasts to help you make informed strategic business decisions.
- Comply with Standards and Regulations - Intacct Contract and Revenue Management helps you comply with Sec, FASB and Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines for revenue recognition, including VSOE.
Customer Relationship Management
Intacct integration with Salesforce seamlessly combines Intacct and Salesforce for complete lead to cash management. Intacct for Salesforce helps you eliminate manual data re-entry, deploy a single, integrated lead to cash process and give each member of the sales and finance teams the information they need, where and when they need it to operate more effectively and productively.
- Convert quotes in Salesforce into orders in Intacct with a single click, eliminating paperwork and manual re-entry of data.
- Make it easy for sales reps to submit quotes and orders, verify pricing in real time, and complete the sale online without leaving Salesforce.
- Dramatically reduce days sales outstanding (DSO) by up to 40%, and improve customer satisfaction, by providing your sales team with real-time financial information about customers.
- Streamline fulfillment and ensure customers receive goods and services on time by instantly verifying pricing, checking inventory and confirming shipments.
- Automatically generate renewal sales opportunities in Salesforce based on the original contract terms plus desired price adjustments.
- Make it easy for your finance team to manage the billing and payments process for your sales orders.
- Automatically update Salesforce with the latest billing and payment information.
- Manage your professional services business more efficiently by creating, tracking, and synchronizing Projects and Tasks in both Salesforce and Intacct Project Accounting.
- Easily manage orders from multiple business entities with built-in integration to Intacct Global Consolidations.
Intacct Global Consolidations provides all the functionality a company needs to manage complex, multi-entity or multi-national operations, in real time. Empower your finance team with the tools they need to more effectively automate and control the financial consolidation and close processes, while also improving visibility with real-time intelligence to drive better business decision making. Enable your company to expand rapidly into both local and international markets, without drastically increasing headcount.
- Provides sophisticated support for multi-entity organizations, allowing each entity, franchise or subsidiary to use its own chart of accounts, taxation rules and reporting requirements.
- Automates time-consuming inter-entity transactions, automatically tracking due to and due from transactions between entities and automatically eliminating inter-entity balances, ensuring your books stay clean.
- Supports multiple functional currencies allowing each of your entities to operate in its native, functional currency while consolidations are done, in real time, in the currency of the parent organization.
- Gain greater visibility into your global finances, with advanced reporting capabilities that provide a consolidated, real-time view of data at both the global and local levels. Advanced dashboards including graphical organizational maps and real-time global and local KPIs help you make better strategic business decisions.
- Leverage real-time consolidated financials, anywhere, anytime. Securely review your consolidated financial information, in real time, wherever and whenever you want.
Foreign Currency Conversion / Multi-Currency
For companies who have customers and vendors from around the globe, or who have entities, subsidiaries and business units in several countries Intacct Multi-Currency Management provides sophisticated multi-currency support. Reduce the cost and complexity of running businesses in multiple countries.
- Automate currency translations - Intacct Multi-Currency Management provides real-time currency translations and gain/loss computations and realizations, ensuring the accuracy of your data.
- Comply with Regulations and Standards - Intacct multi-currency management is compliant with GAAP and other commonly applicable standards such as Financial Accounting Standards (FAS) Statement 52 Foreign Currency Translation and FAS 141R Business Combinations (covering FAS 52, EITF 87-12).
- Support unlimited transactional currencies - Easily sell and buy internationally with Intacct Multi-Currency Management. It supports as many transactional currencies as you need to do business.
- Transact in Unlimited Functional Currencies - For companies with complex, global multi-entity organizations, allow each of your entities to operate in its native, functional currency while consolidations occur in the currency of the parent company.
- Easily Track Currency Gains and Losses - Intacct Multi-Currency Management supports Cumulative Translation Adjustments (CTA) so you can track both gains and losses from currency translations over time.
Connect people, accelerate processes
Dealing with non-routine transactions—clarifying policies, gathering missing information, resolving exceptions—can slow down or derail critical financial processes. Now you can handle them quickly, efficiently, and effectively with Intacct Collaborate, a secure social layer embedded in your Intacct financial management system. It spans every process and device so your finance, sales, and services teams can cooperatively resolve any issue.
See the full context of the issues
Intacct Collaborate helps you speed up and better control accounting processes. With a single click you can see all messages related to a particular issue—giving you the complete context, from all participants, right as you’re working on the resolution. And you shouldn’t ever have to explain a situation multiple times; just leave a note.
Have the conversation where it makes the most sense
Forget email threads. It’s better to communicate where there’s an issue, right inside Intacct—on specific journal entries, accounts, projects, invoices, purchase requisitions, and more. These conversations can appear at the same time in Salesforce Sales Cloud, so sales teams can participate using the system they’re most familiar with.
Bring the whole team together
When everyone’s on the same page, your finance operation runs more smoothly. Intacct Collaborate improves communication and teamwork, and expedites processes and decision making, across the company. Salesforce customers: your finance employees join your Salesforce Chatter network, which can be conveniently accessed directly from inside Intacct.
- Communicate faster and smarter to strengthen teamwork, expedite processes, and improve decision making
- Stay informed with one-click access to all related messages and the ability to leave notes, and have conversations, right inside Intacct
- Connect your back office and Salesforce front office (Salesforce customers only)
Intacct General Ledger
Intacct General Ledger is the cornerstone of the Intacct Financial Management system. Intacct General Ledger streamlines data entry, accelerates your financial close through automation, increases the accuracy of financial reporting and reduces the burden of compliances.
- Increase Internal Control - Granular permissions and control enable the highest level of data integrity and access control. Easily safeguard your financial data by function and by region.
- Provide Powerful Budgeting Capabilities - Intacct General Ledger provides powerful budgeting capabilities and tools for creating and revising budgets. Easily create budgets based on dollar amounts or operational information. Once a budget is created, include it in financial reports for comparison and evaluation.
- Comply with Regulations and Standards - Intacct is certified by nationally recognized auditing firms as GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, FASB, IASB and IFRS compliant. Intacct General Ledger delivers double-entry accounting, true closing of the books and customizable and adjusting journals.
- Gain Real-Time Visibility - Intacct’s powerful reporting capabilities enable your business to manage not just fiscal but also operation performance. Easily track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) so you can get a good handle on your business. From the General Ledger, you can easily drill down into the supporting documents behind each transaction to help you easily support accounting judgments.
- Streamline Data Entry - Create simple transaction templates so non-accounting users can enter general ledger transactions without navigating the intricacies of account numbers, departments and locations.
- Get Started Quickly with Intacct QuickStart Financials - Get started quickly and easily with Intacct. Pre-packaged, best practice charts of accounts (CoA), dashboards and reports let you easily map your existing CoA to the Intacct General Ledger, automatically creating all of your account hierarchy structures and giving you extensive reporting out of the box.
Let Intacct cloud inventory management software help you reduce costs, improve capital efficiencies, and increase customer satisfaction by streamlining inventory operations, improving inventory visibility, and managing and optimizing inventory levels.
Create User-Defined Workflows
- Create custom documents and transactions from standards you provide.
- Automatically check inventory levels, create backorders, and much more.
- Use running totals to see how many items are requisitioned, on order, on hand, on hold, damaged, or in scrap or spoilage.
- Compute discounts and freight using flexible subtotaling.
- Base transactions and associated documents on customizable templates.
- Create a seamless inventory process—from requesting quotes from vendors and receiving merchandise into your warehouse, to invoicing customers.
Real Time Reporting and Analysis
- Make informed sourcing decisions by identifying inventory trends using the inventory valuation report.
- Optimize inventory levels for each warehouse using the inventory reorder report.
- Stay up to date on kit status using kit analysis reports.
Manage Multiple Locations
- Gain greater agility for managing inventory, whether from a single location, multiple stockrooms, warehouses and distribution centers, or across any combination of locations and product lines.
- Support procurement, order fulfillment, and returns from customers or vendors with visibility into inventory balances and availability in multiple units of measure.
Control and Customize Item Management
- Configure and track costs at the inventory item level using flexible costing methods.
- Organize kitting and serial numbers with configurable masks and lot numbers for any item.
- Track multiple vendors per inventory item, along with reorder levels, quantities and costs using multiple cost-evaluation methods.
- Manage items by defining which product lines they belong to, the cost method to use for cost-of-goods calculations, which vendors supply the item, and the economic reorder quantity for each vendor.
Intacct Order Management is a complete solution for bridging the gap between sales and finance to improve client satisfaction, reducing costs by automating the order-to-cash cycle, increasing sales by encouraging the use of profitable channels and delivering accurate, timely information to everyone involved in the process.
- Improve productivity by automating your entire order-to-cash cycle.
- Reduce the time it takes to do these transactions from 20 minutes to 5 minutes. Saving you up to 2000 hours a year in wasted manual processes. Increase sales by gaining visibility into the most profitable channels.
- Define a wide range of flexible pricing options.
- Deliver accurate, timely information to everyone involved in the ordering process.
- Reduce wasted hours managing day-to-day processes by automating your quote-to-cash cycle—improving productivity, increase sales, heighten customer satisfaction, speed sales cycles, and drive margins. Let Intacct Order Management help reduce your Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) up to 50%.
Organizations that take advantage of seamless integration between Salesforce and Intacct Order Management software can achieve significant business process improvements. See why we’ve earned a top rating in the AppExchange.
Intacct Insight includes deep financial and operational reports, enabling you to manage the business, not just track your finances. Intacct Insight includes built-in performance management capabilities that make it easy to define and publish key performance indicators across the business. Users can create reports that support non-financial data such as rooms per hotel or tables per restaurant, allowing real-time operational reporting of room occupancy or tabletop management. You can report on earnings per share, or revenue per employee - the numbers you really need to manage, not just the numbers available from your financial system. You can easily calculate performance against plan, against benchmarks, or against other divisions or locations.
Maximize service delivery performance and profitability.
- Streamline and automate the capture of all billable and non-billable time and expenses.
- Reduce revenue leakage, maximize billable hours, gain control over current project costs and margins, and forecast more accurately for future projects.
- Speed UP and maximize cash collection and revenue recognition for improved cash flow.
- Proactively manage project revenue, costs, and margins for improved profitability.
- Gain real time visibility into backlogs, and their impact on recognized and deferred revenue.
- Ensure that bids reflect the true cost of implementation and include adequate margins.
- Gain insight into project and customer profitability.
Intacct Project Accounting software provides comprehensive capabilities to unify, automate, and streamline the financial and operational processes throughout the services delivery lifecycle. Combine Intacct Project Accounting software with our best-in-class cloud-based financial management and accounting applications to maximize performance and profitability, provide better service to clients, and boost financial visibility for better real-time decision making throughout the project-to-cash lifecycle.
Streamline your quote to cash process across sales, services and finance with Intacct MAX for QuickArrow or Intacct MAX for OpenAir. Seamlessly connect Intacct to either QuickArrow or OpenAir, leaders in Professional Services Automation, to provide a single, integrated quote to cash process that increases productivity, streamlines the project accounting and billing processes and provides 360 degree real-time visibility and insight into your company’s finances.
- Provide 360 real-time visibility and actionable insight into your company’s projects and finances. Prebuilt reports help you get a better handle on the profitability of your projects and see which projects are generating the biggest percentage of your revenue.
- Increase productivity, by eliminating time-consuming manual data-entry of customer information from one system to the other. Only enter billable and non-billable expenses once – QuickArrow will post the expense to the correct project where appropriate, while Intacct manage the tracking and reimbursement on the backend.
- Streamline and automate project tracking, accounting and billing helping you more effectively manage the receivables and invoicing processes. Reduce revenue leakage and accelerate collection timeframes.
Intacct Purchasing automates your purchasing transactions and provides a comprehensive set of dashboards and reporting tools for your staff to monitor and manage merchandise and services acquisitions.
- Tailor Intacct Purchasing to Fit your Business - Intacct Purchasing supplies a set of best practices templates purchase requisitions, requests for quotations, receivers, vendor returns, purchase order and adjustments. Customize these templates or create new ones that precisely fit your business.
- Flexibly Manage your Vendors - Easily manage vendor information including multiple contacts, defined pay-tos and return-tos, credit limits, payment priorities and default bill payment and discount dates.
- Optimize Price Management - Intacct Purchasing makes it easy to keep your vendor prices current. Using the prices you pay on purchase orders, you can automatically update vendor costs with the latest prices. Intacct Purchasing also provides automatic quantity price breaks and economic order quantity options.
- Customizable Reports - Customizable reports and dashboards help purchasing personnel and management place orders, monitor order status and analyze the state of your inventory.
Reporting and Dashboards
Intacct Insight is a set of powerful tools for real-time business intelligence, management and control. Intacct Insight allows users to create and share dashboards that contain real-time interactive charts and reports, financial and operational analytics, Web 2.0 mashups and performance management capabilities. Empower employees with real-time, actionable and tailored financial and operational information so they can make better decisions and drive business performance.
- Gain Valuable Business Intelligence and Financial Visibility - Easily create real-time centralized business desktops called dashboards that are composed of any report or graph from any application. If you have the permissions, easily drill down to the details behind each activity.
- Global Control, Local Autonomy - Intacct validates user permissions and access to individual components on the dashboard according to your security permission definitions, on a very granular level.
- Manage Your Business with Built-in Performance Management - Intacct Insight includes built-in performance management capabilities that make it easy to define and publish key performance indicators across the business. Easily create reports that support non-financial data such as rooms per hotel or tables per restaurant.
- Flexible Ad-Hoc Reporting - Export data from custom views to a text file or spreadsheet, giving every user the power of simple ad-hoc data reporting.
Sales Tax Management
AvaTax for Intacct is a comprehensive sales tax management solution that fully automates and streamlines the cumbersome, costly and compulsory process of sales tax compliance. AvaTax for Intacct ensures accurate tax calculation despite constantly changing tax laws, boundaries and jurisdictions.
- Simplify and Automate Sales Tax Calculation – After a simple set-up process, AvaTax for Intacct automatically calculates, in real time, the correct tax rates.
- Improve Sales Tax Accuracy – AvaTax for Intacct provides one of the most complete and accurate tax calculation services in the industry. Ensure sales tax accuracy by automating a previously manual and highly error-prone process.
- Reduce Costs – Traditional tax compliance methods are expensive for any business. AvaTax for Intacct is incredibly affordable and provides a flexible pricing model that works for small and large businesses alike.
- Simple but Detailed Reports – Easily and quickly generate detailed on-demand reports that contain all the information needed to prepare and submit sales tax returns for your business.
Time & Billing
Intacct Professional Services Automation (Intacct PSA) helps customers run their billable services business efficiently and effectively. Intacct PSA provides seamless integration between project management and time and expense tracking. Time and expenses can be entered online via laptop or Smartphone, or offline, to be synced when there is Internet connectivity. Timesheets and expense reports come with full approval routing and workflow.
Time & Expense Management
Intacct Expense Management streamlines and automates your company’s expense reporting and approval process. Employees can enter their expenses in the office on the road using a Web browser to simplify and streamline data entry and reimbursements, while you have complete control over the routing and approval process.
- Provide anywhere, anytime access to time and expense reporting and approvals for an increasingly distributed workforce.
- Provide finance with real time visibility into expense commitments made by employees so you’re always aware of committed funds.
- Enter and check the status of timesheets and expense reports at any time with automated workflow that emails notifications to supervisors for reviews and approvals.
- Easily capture billable and non-billable time and expenses related to client projects when used with Intacct Project Accounting.
- Streamline and automate online approval workflows, making it easier to enforce company-prescribed policies and internal controls, and improve cashflow.
- Increase employee satisfaction by expediting the expense reimbursement process using an online expense reporting system.
Streamline the Reimbursement Process- Simplify the entire expense reporting process while maintaining complete control—over time and expense entry, reimbursement, approval, and payments—and ensure the timely and accurate reimbursement of expenses.
Implement detailed tracking, paperless reporting - Provide supervisors, payables managers, auditors, and senior management with instant access to both expense line items and supporting details so they can easily review, approve, process, and audit expense reports.
Simplify data entry and track billable and non-billable expenses- Take advantage of flexible, multi-level approval workflows to automatically route timesheets and expense information to approvers—inside or outside your organization—for unparalleled transparency into billable charges, better compliance with internal policies, and improved financial controls.
Streamline and automate timesheet management - Make it easy for employees, part time workers, volunteers, and subcontractors—wherever they’re located—to enter and submit time information using a simple, intuitive web-based interface.
Reviews of Intacct Write a Review
An anonymous Intacct user says...
Intacct is simple and easy to use but the report function is more complicated and not as user friendly. I also wish there was a way to copy and paste entire lines in an expense report.
The good: Better software for a bigger company, can look at data in various ways
The bad: The report function. My company seems to have trouble reconciling the differences between what the management is seeing behind the scenes vs what the user gets when they pull a report.
An anonymous Intacct user says...
Intacct is the best ERP system that I have used so far. We can edit the posted journal entries anytime as long as the month is not closed. All the reports can be easily export to MS Excel.
The good: It’s a user friendly ERP system, easy to learn.
The bad: For the cash transfer module, it will be nice if we could edit the entries after they are posted.
Best cloud based financial solution for small and medium size organizations. Having number of options to customize the software according to the requirements, makes Intacct an appropriate solution for different types of businesses.
The good: Through revenue recognition the complicated and time consuming calculations and entries can be accounted for in no time.
The bad: This software is not helpful for manufacturing business. Also the inventory module needs improvement.
jinny from Batterycorp says...
Intacct is an user friendly software
The good: I like A/P module, the duplicate function could save a lot of time when enter bills.
The bad: sometimes I don’t get the report I need
An anonymous Intacct user from BatteryCorp says...
Intacct helps us not only record every transaction we make, but the financial reports we generate are much better than any accounting system we ever used.
The good: Like any system, this one has flaws as well, but Intacct is working closely with each customer to improve it.
The bad: I would like to be able to customize it to fit our needs as a company; imputing invoices without zeroing out lines that are not to be converted, should all be defaulted to zero not ones.
User-friendly cloud-based accounting software that provides users the ability to manage their business from just about anywhere. From the General Ledger to their Cash Management applications, Intacct has become a critical tool for the success of our company. It also has the capability to handle company growth.
The good: User-friendly, cloud-based, ability to use dimensions for cost accounting, reporting customization and transaction importing tool.
The bad: Intacct does not provide a presentable format when exporting a financial report into MS Excel. The software updates that affect the applications layout and re-arrangement of command buttons.
Intacct is an excellent cloud based accounting software that is easy to use and is diverse in it’s ability to be used by a wide variety of industries.
The good: I like that I can set up my chart of accounts and reports to be exactly what I need.
The bad: Sometimes the online user help information is hard to follow.
An anonymous Intacct user says...
It has a very user-friendly interface, and can meet the needs of small business
The good: It is easy to use and to understand.
The bad: As our company has grown, Intacct has not been able to accommodate all the requests we have made of it. The system has limitations for invoice automation. For example, it doesn’t update addresses on invoices that have already been created. Some errors have to be handled by Intacct technical support, rather than by our in-house expert, even though it is a simple fix.
Kati from Medix says...
We use Intacct for our sales invoices and accounting. It is user friendly and easy to navigate.
The good: Each category of accounting is under a separate tab (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Journal) so it makes it easy to get to what you are trying to do. If we ever have a problem or can’t figure something out in Intacct, their customer service is always ready to help and gets back to us quickly.
The bad: The only negative I have is with the reports. I find it difficult to create customized reports. I usually end up exporting a couple reports and using Excel to get the information I need.
Jennifer from Medix says...
Intacct is an easy and very effective accounting software to use. I use it to check status of invoices and I use it for my collection notes.
The good: It is very easy to use!
The bad: The collection notes have a little more options.
Erika from IslandWood says...
Wonderful accounting program for a small to mid-sized business, especially non-profits.
The good: The customization of order entry and integration was critical for our billing department. This functions seamlessly and saves us so much time. I also love that each release seems to add easier functionality to all of our processes.
The bad: The Cash Management module is not robust enough to be able to get detailed GL reports out and can be a little cumbersome to learn.
Joseph from MMC says...
We use Intacct for contract and revenue management as well as billing and A/R. It has helped us house 1 single warehouse for our over 900+ clients with thousands of transactions monthly. It is much more automated than our previous system and much more transparent.
The good: They bring value with each new update. Even if you don’t use some of the new features at times, it’s nice to know they are constantly improving their product.
The bad: Downside: Intacct has not yet figured out a way to allow users to customize their standard reports by adding fields
Intacct is an easy to customize accounting software. It has enough flexibility to be able to fit your needs, but not so much that you need a programmer to figure it out. They have made it easy to figure out and if you can’t, their support team is fantastic and will guide you and teach you.
The good: I like the 360 view that it gives it’s users. A dashboard only executive can look at their customized report and drill down to the actual invoice or entry that generated that number. It puts the power in the end users hands and makes accounting more efficient.
The bad: Sometimes the terminology can be confusing, which makes customization a little difficult.
Katey from MRI Software says...
Intacct is an easy and very effective accounting software to use. I use it everyday with my job and what used to take me hours to do now takes me mere minutes. Thanks Intacct!
The good: The ease of moving between applications and allowing of uploads with multiple batches.
The bad: I love being able to hit my tab button and for information to be auto popluated, sometimes this feature does not work.
William from Fellowship Bible Church says...
Intacct is a cloud based accounting software that provides nice versatility in reporting, dashboards, multiple data entry users, and paperless approval processes.
The good: Going paperless has been really nice and the approval process has saved a lot of time in initialing invoices, credit card receipts and signing checks. Budget managers can keep up with their budget reports on a daily basis right on their dashboard.
The bad: The reporting has proven to be a little challenging, and I still find myself using Excel to manipulate a few reports.
Edwardo from Braille Institute of America says...
Awesome time saving software for our non-profit organization. Much better than the “green screen” AS/400 software that we were previously using!
The good: Reporting is easy once the templates are set-up. Bank reconciliation is a breeze and editing items are simple.
The bad: Software updates may cause some delays but usually worked out before any issues are noticed.
An anonymous Intacct user says...
User friendly tool for time and expense reporting.
The good: Like that I can save the submissions as drafts, attach documents, have detailed description of entries within the time sheet. The save feature helps me ensure I don’t lose my work.
The bad: Too many options, makes navigation a little bit difficult.
An anonymous Intacct user says...
Works very smooth, easy to travel.
The good: Time clock-ins.
The bad: n/a
Great financial software capable of managing and easily reviewing information.
The good: Very user friendly and easy to navigate.
The bad: When entering a bill into A/P, if you hit enter instead of tab, you lose all the information.
Joel from ScrollMotion says...
Our company uses intacct for all accounting and timekeeping purposes.
The good: Very straightforward and easy to use.
The bad: In timesheets, there isn’t the ability to resize a column, which makes it difficult to view a project with a long name
An anonymous Intacct user says...
Intacct is an clean and easy to use application. My company uses it to track various expenses and utilization rates by employee.
The good: Clean presentation
The bad: None
Kenny from Plexxi says...
Intacct is a great solution for the small to mid- market business. Whether managing a services or technology Company (hardware and/or software)… it has so many intuitive components that you typically only see in large enterprise solutions (e.g. Oracle/SAP/etc…) with simple integrations to tons of third- party applications to support an array of functions with a focus on ease of use.
The good: We are an early- stage Company. However… have a high- volume and complexity to our purchase-to-pay and quote-to-cash process. We are a large team of 2… and have the ability to support an array of business operation functions as finance folks… and not just debits and credits. 90% of our accounting is done systematically through Intacct’s ability to define the accounting that applies to various transactions. Gives me more time to provide value- add service than posting GL entries!
The bad: The user- base at Intacct appears to be… in large part… built with a lot of focus to non- manufacturing customers. The way the Inventory module integrates with Order Entry could use some work… specifically around valuation, opening up the ability to grab metadata fields linked to Items, and general reporting (custom or standard).
Matt from Accruent says...
Intacct is a middle-of-the-road accounting solution. It gets the basics done as any other solution would, but it’s not incredibly robust, and some of the navigation is clunky. It can be integrated with Salesforce, which is a plus though.
The good: Plain and simple, the Intacct solution just works. I can’t think of a time I’ve ever encountered a bug.
The bad: Customized reporting lacks intuitiveness and user-friendliness.
An anonymous Intacct user says...
Web based accounting system.
The good: I like that you can scan and attach documents for backup on expense reports. Our accounting office isn’t located at our warehouse, so it makes it easier to get employee expenses paid out quickly and efficiently.
The bad: I would like there to be a better way to view if a PO has been paid, not just converted from a request. It’s hard to tell our vendors when they can expect payment simply from that status.
Larry from Platinum Control Technologies says...
Intacct is a cloud-based inventory solution that is as easy to use a Quickbooks with the functionality of mid-range accounting software. We moved from Dynamics GP to Intacct almost 2 years ago and love its ease of use and reporting capabilities. It sure made this year’s audit go smoother than ever before.
The good: The implementation team was fantastic! I have never had an implementation go smoother in such a short period of time. Access to the software no matter where I am is also a big plus. I also love the ability to approve purchase orders and payments from my iOS devices.
The bad: My least favorite thing about Intacct is their advanced inventory module. Although it is adequate, it leaves a lot to be desired in traceability of historical inventory cost transactions. I still think the pluses far outweigh the minor issues with this module. They will highly recommend more complete inventory packages that interface well with the Intacct software.
Easy to use - great step up from QuickBooks
The good: Ease to learn and find reports I need
The bad: asdf
An anonymous Intacct user says...
It provides the ability to customize reports
The good: The strength is that it allows us to build custom reports
The bad: The report writing is very confusing
Intacct is an easy software to use. But there are some features that need improving. Invoices and statement are what my customers express.
The good: The upgrades are making the software increasingly better.
The bad: The reporting and and no wiggle room on the invoices. And no payroll.
An anonymous Intacct user says...
The overall structure of the software is practical but can use some polishing. The edges are a little rough in terms of presentation.
The good: The best part of the software is that it tracks the history of who made changes last.
The bad: The most I dislike is lag time it takes to pull up entries.
I use Intacct to submit all of the expense and purchasing transactions for my office.
The good: It’s intuitive and user-friendly enough that it’s been easy to learn and use.
The bad: I’ve not run into anything to complain about.
The software is functional. I would like more features and bells and whistles.
The good: new user so I am still working on it to see what I like and dislike at home.
The bad: Would like to have more reports and graphs.
An anonymous Intacct user says...
Cloud basis accounting software
The good: Cloud basis. Easy to access and user friendly
The bad: No enough customer support
Great tool for tracking your business expense, work hour, always get record by sorting
The good: Recall the submitted timesheet
The bad: N/A
Bailey Stolarsky says...
Intacct allows me to perform my billing and reporting duties with ease. As someone who is fairly new in the world of Finance and Accounting, the system was easy to pick up on and learn quickly!
The good: Intacct has strong reporting and analysis modules
The bad: The Print/Email Documents functionality could be improved by allowing users to Filter by Created By User, for example, only sending invoices that they created
Intacct is a one stop, interactive accounting tool that helps streamline and organize as business’ revenue and expenses.
The good: User friendly, diverse, organized
The bad: Can be slow at times, especially while searching for an item
Very user friendly system. Easy to navigate and learn.
The good: Applying payments, deposits, paying bills, couldn’t be easier.
The bad: Writing reports is somewhat challenging.
Intacct is great! We have a lot of different departments where we are able to have dashboards that holds all of our information. It’s wonderful for accounting and keeping track of the bills we have and which ones we have paid for.
The good: Intacct helps me check my work when I am entering COBRA payments and I have to verify if my calculations are correct. I like how you can import excel files and you create a dashboard that everyone can use.
The bad: I’m new to using this so I have nothing negative to say at this moment.
Kenny C. says...
Intacct is accounting of the future. It streamlines tasks allowing for greater financial clarity. The system itself is user-friendly and designed to provide the best user experience.
The good: It’s all cloud based so I don’t need to rely on having access to anything else. It’s all online, safely and securely as well.
The bad: Support could be better for when minor problems occur.
Dan from Fronterra Geosciences says...
Intacct is flawless when it comes to Multi-Entity, Multi-Currency Accounting. The system is dynamic and scalable to fit the needs of any small to mid-sized organization. For a small international consulting firm like ours Intacct has provided us the ability to consolidate our various financial systems under one roof, increasing our efficiency and reporting capacity!
The bad: Some process flows are not intuitive from an accounting standpoint. However, Intacct’s Learning Center and customer support does a great job filling in the gaps.
Great ERP system .
Pros: Cloud base ,Great reporting , fast
Cons: Clarizen Intacct integration not the best
The good: Cloud Base
The bad: Clarizen Intacct Integration
An anonymous Intacct user says...
It is very user friendly and easy to understand.
The good: I like the ease of the features.
The bad: None
An anonymous Intacct user says...
I was using Oracle when my company decided the switch to Intacct. My first thought was “It is not going to work”. 7 years later I can say I was wrong.
The good: We are a worldwide company with offices in 50 countries. The ability of having 50 entities all link to one software and being able to reconcile is amazing.
The bad: I wish it would have a more comprehensive reporting tool.
Great capability to run custom reports and analyze projects by time/cost/employee. These capabilities are useful for helping our company keep projects within scope.
The good: Cloud-based, ability to run custom reports
The bad: Many of our employees have difficulties accessing/using the website with Firefox and Chrome browsers.
An anonymous Intacct user says...
Some of the needed reports shown in the demo as if they were included were not. Still lots of bugs to be worked out of their system by the developers. Many simple things that QuickBooks is able to do Intacct is not; however it links to Salesforce.com well
The good: cloud-based, interfaces with Salesforce.com, revenue recognition, more controls than QuickBooks
The bad: bugs, some things you take for granted in QuickBooks are not yet able to be done in Intacct
A complete online accounting solution utilizing a tabled account structure with modular solutions for project management and specialized reporting packages for the non-profit sector.
The good: Although it is a challenge to set up, the pass through billing features and new project management enhancements are very useful to our business.
The bad: I would like to see enhanced reporting features combining the project fields better with the general ledger. The report module is getting better with each new release. Also, there is very little customization around check printing.