With aPriori, professionals in design, engineering, sourcing, manufacturing and cost engineering can analyze cost quickly and accurately in real-time for components and complete product assemblies, based on:
- What’s being manufactured – Using intelligent cost modeling, aPriori can create highly detailed part and product cost assessments. It can also import complex engineering Bills of Materials from ERP, PLM, MRP and other enterprise applications.
- How it’s being manufactured – aPriori has deep domain expertise in the manufacturing processes, operation sequences and the cost drivers that most impact product cost.
- Where it’s being manufactured – aPriori Virtual Production Environments allow users to estimate the cost of manufacturing products at specific facilities or estimate the cost of buying product from a regional supplier.
Next-Generation Capabilities for Automated Product Costing
With several hundred man years of product development invested, aPriori has introduced several highly innovative technologies as part of its Product Cost Management platform that enable the benefits described above, including:
- Geometric Cost Drivers – a capability within the software that automatically extracts manufacturing process specific information directly from any 3D CAD model and creates the inputs for cost models that reside in Virtual Production Environments.
- Intelligent Routing Engine – aPriori embeds intelligence within its cost models and manufacturing feasibility rules that help automate the process of selecting the most appropriate manufacturing route within the selected factory. For example, if a user increases the thickness of a part, aPriori may look at the change, and would instantly understand that a new laser with a higher wattage would be required to efficiently cut out the form of the part.
- Virtual Production Environments – a digital copy of a physical manufacturing plant that includes all of the data and logic about how that facility operates, including raw material data, machine data, labor costs, overhead costs, manufacturing process logic, etc.