Aptean Food & Beverage ERP is a specialized ERP purpose-built for food manufacturers and distributors. With a single ERP software solution, companies can manage all aspects of their operations—from the time materials enter the facility until the finished product is delivered. Through a wide-ranging set of features, Aptean Food and Beverage ERP provides the necessary visibility, tracking and control to take food businesses to the next level.
The solution focuses on the needs of food processors and distributors and can be scaled as the business grows. Aptean Food & Beverage ERP runs on the Microsoft Business Central cloud platform providing you with the accessibility, scalability and reliability that you expect from your management software. And because it is built on Microsoft Dynamics, it integrates with the other Microsoft products you use every day.
Key benefits of Aptean Food & Beverage ERP include:
- Improved forecasting, planning, and budgeting accuracy with integrated financial management.
- Full recall and traceability of products to ensure safety, quality, and compliance.
- Lower management and IT costs by connecting departments, data, and processes into a single cloud ERP
- Valuable insight into critical data so that your team can make better business decisions.
- Reduced implementation costs and risks, and accelerated time to value by removing the need to customize a generic ERP solution.
Aptean Food & Beverage ERP Features
Aptean Food & Beverage ERP offers a broad set of functionality that was developed specifically for the food industry. Key features include:
- Production Planning (MRP/MPS): MRP functionality allows for more efficient and effective use of resources by factoring in all supply, demand and forecasted requirements of your business to help you plan production, purchasing and available-to-promise.
- Quality: Set up mandatory quality audits at every step of the production cycle to ensure product consistency and safety.
- Food Safety/Compliance: Leverage traceability, scheduling, and quality functionality to optimize your compliance efforts with global food safety initiatives and regulations.
- Warehouse/Inventory: Manage picks, putaways, and containers to easily keep track of inventory and its movement throughout your warehouse.
- Manufacturing: Integrate production scheduling and batch management for more accurate forecasting and cost-effective manufacturing.
- Product Costing: Calculate gross margin per product line at budgeted standard costs vs. actuals, use per count and per weight measures for revenue, cost of sale and margin, and summarize data by multiple criteria.
- Catch Weight: Maintain your inventory records according to two units of measure, making it possible to capture the exact weights of your random weight items. Handle and process items according to one unit, but cost and price them by the other, allowing you to sell an item by the case, but price it by the pound.
- Consignment Management: Costs associated with each transaction can be allocated to each specific consignment for processes throughout the supply chain – from import, logistics and production all the way to delivery.
- Item Allergens: List the allergens that are present in your products, then assign them to your raw materials and manufactured items. Give your production scheduling personnel full visibility as to which upcoming activities will contain allergens, so that they may plan and schedule accordingly.
- Business Intelligence: Monitor performance with a reliable management information systems to make the right decisions from a strategic, tactical and operational perspective.
- Finance: Gain greater visibility and insight into business performance and ensure forecasting, planning and budgeting accuracy.
- Plant/Preventative Maintenance: Monitor equipment performance and set maintenance scheduling to ensure checks are completed after a set number of equipment uses.
- R&D/Product Development: Use recipe and production data to test new formulations, invent new products, and discover more efficient production methods.
- Sales: Account for trade rebates and commissions, and better manage pricing and customer relationships.
- Purchasing: Leverage historical and real time data to inform your purchasing schedule and better manage forecasting.
- eCommerce: Transform traditional stock catalogs or physical stores into ecommerce engines.
- EDI (Electronic Data Interchange): Automate electronic document exchange processes with customers and vendors.
- PLM (Product Lifecycle Management): Streamline the entire product lifecycle from marketing brief to disposal, including formulation, packaging design and compliance review steps.