BuildSoft is designed to assist small to mid-size custom builders (less than 75 starts a year) gain better business control from the estimating stage through closing. It is a schedule-driven product that integrates with a complete accounting system. With BuildSoft, the user can manage a schedule and control the job costs. This ensures the builder keeps on track as the schedule changes and doesn’t exceed budget.
BuildSoft is an intuitive Windows-based software system that puts the entire operation just a mouse click away.
- Historically estimate old job costs to determine a preliminary budget.
- Manage scheduling changes.
- Coordinate and update purchase orders and work orders through a job calendar.
- Use Take-Off Estimating to determine material quantities for a job.
- Handle all of the project management and accounting functions within one program
BuildSoft Pro Key Features
- Flags over budget items during invoice entry automatically.
- Alerts the user of subcontractor’s insurance expirations upon invoice entry and allows for automatic calculation and deduction of insurance premiums. BuildSoft also provides insurance audit reports.
- Generates an aged payables report that can be grouped by job or payee.
- Calculates and prints 1099’s.
- Offers and keeps track of two different budgets, the preliminary (estimate budget) and committed (start budget).
- Averages job costs from previous jobs to historically estimate and calculate a preliminary budget.
- Prepares a budget report allowing the user to show the budget broken out by unit cost.
- Compares either the preliminary or committed budget against the job cost allowing the user to analyze jobs more effectively.
Draw/ Billing Schedule and Accounts Receivable
- Creates customer invoices for Time and Materials jobs.
- Prepares draw request reports for banks, as well as AIA documents.
- Generates recurring invoices for customers.
- Provides aging reports that can be sorted by customer or by job, as well as a customer invoice history report.
- Makes automatic entries to the general ledger when jobs are closed to move funds from Work in Progress to Cost of Goods Sold.
- Generates an Accounting Integrity Report that reviews all accounting data to verify that the system is in balance (i.e., accounts payable invoices are in balance with the general ledger).
- Uses the NAHB Chart of Accounts and allows for other chart of accounts systems to be used.
- Provides full general ledger reporting from trial balance and transaction journals to fully customizable balance sheets and income statements.
- Prepares a report comparing the preliminary or committed budget to the job cost.
- Generates a report that allows the user to view job cost based on the check register.
- Provides a report to compare job costs from multiple jobs to a budget job.
- Includes a detailed job cost report that shows the user detailed transaction information for each account number.
- Produces payroll check and calculates workers compensation.
- Calculates quarterly report worksheets for 941, FUTA and SUTA.
- Includes hourly payroll reports that can be sorted by employee, job or by account.
- Computes and prints W2’s.
Purchase Orders / Work Orders
- Produces purchase orders for vendor materials and work orders for subcontractor labor or turn key bids.
- Ties purchase orders and work orders to the schedule and updates the job calendar to notify the user when to send, call and follow up with vendors and subcontractors.
- Flags upon invoice entry if purchase orders and work orders do not agree with the invoice amount.
- Generates change orders and variance orders for purchase orders and work orders.
- Provides true Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling. Also offers a secondary schedule method, the Bar Chart (also known as the Gantt chart).
- Updates task items on the job calendar as the schedule changes.
- Allows the user to work directly from the calendar to manage the schedule and update purchase order and work order information.
- Processes reports for the schedule and calendar which can be run for a specific user or globally.
- Calculates quantity of materials and labor needed for a job, which is then used to generate a purchase order or work order.
- Links material and labor prices to vendors and subcontractors allowing the user to select materials based on price or by specific vendor.
- Allows for use of assemblies in take-off.
- Provides several different reports such as material quantity report, price comparison reports.