PropertyBoss lets you choose the best property management tools for your business whether you manage residential, multi-family, condo/co-op, student or military properties or any combination.
An intuitive, yet powerful, lease-based approach allows you to follow residents from lead through lease with the added functionality of the seamless integration of communication tools such as:
- Web portals to connect with prospects, residents, owners and vendors
- Online leasing applications and rent payment
- Paperless office with advanced media archiving
- Remote work order/maintenance tracking
PropertyBoss can be hosted in the Cloud or at your Office with multiple networked users. You also can choose your industry-specific components & terminology to deliver reports the way you want them.
Choose our flexible internal general ledger accounting or the industry’s best interface with QuickBooks and other leading accounting systems. Benefit from our unlimited unit pricing plan based on the number of users and components you need. Plus, enjoy our outstanding client care team with subscription plans that won’t break your budget.
You also have the choice of a full spectrum of “best-in-class’ partners enabling effective management of ownership interests, asset enhancements and residents’ needs. Locating important information is quick and easy with the notebook structure for properties, units, leases, prospects, task, etc. with the complexities of the accounting transactions hidden from immediate view.
PropertyBoss is a comprehensive solution that adapts to your organization’s needs. Let us customize a solution for you.
PropertyBoss offers property managers the choice of the industrys best interface with QuickBooks®, the most flexible internal general ledger accounting available today, or integration with Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree®) and other accounting packages through journal-based month-end exports.
- Applicant Screening - PropertyBoss partners with ONLINE Rental Exchange to allow you to quickly run credit reports and criminal background checks on your prospects directly from PropertyBoss
- Collections - PropertyBoss partners with NCC Business Services, a technology leader in the collections industry, to help you recover money you would normally write off as bad debt. There is no fee for signing up or submitting an account for collections. You pay only for successful collections.
- E-payments - Separately purchased options allow you to both receive and send payments directly from PropertyBoss: The Merchant Gateway option supports receiving payments from residents and owners via credit card and bank drafts. PropertyBoss also partners with PayPros® and ePayAmerica, industry leaders in providing comprehensive integrated payment processing solutions for property managers. The Bank Gateway option provides a direct connection to your depository bank facilitating payments to your owners and vendors or ACH collections from your residents.
- 1099-Misc. Services - PropertyBoss partners with 1099FIRE to assist in the preparation and filing of 1099-Miscellaneous forms. Services include preparation, TIN Matching, E-filing, E-delivery and mail options.
- Virtual Assistance Services PropertyBoss has partnered with Planet Synergy whose experienced virtual assistants can help with data entry and processing, accounts payable and marketing, as well as uploading your media to PropertyBoss.
- Email communication - With the ability to send mass emails of statements (HTML and text-based communications from directly within PropertyBoss) property managers can reduce the cost and improve the speed and reliability of communications with their tenants and/or owners. The Email tool supports the ability to send general correspondence, reports, statements and newsletters.
- Requisitions - With this advanced purchasing and requisitioning tool, users can automatically select or manually search for items from HDSupply®. If approved based on approval limits, the Purchase Order can be electronically sent to HDSupply. And, upon delivery of the purchased items, the invoice is sent electronically from HDSupply to you.
- Prospect CRM - PropertyBoss Prospect CRM is completely integrated and provides power features such as the ability to manage and track the collection of fees, define statuses for each prospect, track the source of the prospect, define and send an unlimited number of follow-up letters and communications and move the prospect in as a tenant with just a few clicks.
- Utility Billing - The Utility Billing tool allows property managers to quickly import meter readings from Excel, a PDA or even a third-party provider and then quickly convert those readings into charges against the tenant based upon user-defined rates.
- Audit Logger - The Audit Logger provides detail on the type change, who made the change and when the change was made. Built directly into the core architecture and employing database-level security and audit protocols, the PropertyBoss Audit Logger makes sure nothing slips by without being noticed.
- Check Scanning - With the use of an external check scanner, you can feed MICR account and routing info from check payments directly into PropertyBoss.
- Enhanced Media - The Enhanced Media tool can automatically link copies of e-mails sent from PropertyBoss, copies of mail-merged letters and documents, as well as e-mails from your Outlook folders.
- Lockbox Payments - This optional tool provides a means to import transactions from an outside LockBox company and supports a standard PropertyBoss XML format (used by SmartStreet and others), as well as tab delimited text files.
- Phone System API - This optional tool allows integration of your telephone system with PropertyBoss data, including tracking of phone calls and automatic routing of calls to the correct extension.
- Affordable Housing - The PropertyBoss Affordable Housing Tool provides a visual workflow tool to ensure that properties requiring Affordable Housing compliance receive the maximum allowable credit under Section 42. In addition, property managers can quickly review and manage the steps required to certify resident eligibility and prompt property managers with the appropriate questions to ask prospective residents. The LIHTC Module also allows for authorized users to determine which rules are implemented, manage who has permission to override rules and easily review historical views of how rules were implemented.
- Web Services - The optional tool replicates your PropertyBoss database to the Web-based PropertyBoss server, allowing a two-way flow of information between your website and PropertyBoss data.
- Loan Management - allows you to track and report on loans to tenants.
PropertyBoss includes more than 150 pre-defined industry reports, plus customized reporting options, that allow property management managers to create, group and even schedule the automatic creation of the reports they need.
Customized Letters & Documents
PropertyBosss powerful internal word processing system allows property managers to create, manage and merge letters and documents, as well as automate the creation of leases, custom tenant documents, form documents and even mailing labels. All documents are easily formatted within PropertyBoss to reflect your companys brand and easily integrate with Microsoft® Word.
PropertyBoss features the most flexible internal General Ledger accounting system available in property management software to date, providing you a complete solution for your property management accounting needs. PropertyBoss supports General Ledger and QuickBooks accounting groups within the same database. This allows you to view and manage all properties together while keeping the accounting details separate. Multiple accounting groups can also have their own predefined chart of accounts, as well as, their own set of custom report layouts.
With PropertyBoss®, property managers have unprecedented control to configure, save, filter, sort and group RentRollTM reports across standard and user-defined data fields. The software also dynamically performs the following functions directly from the RentRoll: accessing underlying data, posting multiple charges, e-mailing or printing custom documents or performing mass updates.
Another core function of PropertyBoss is the ability to select the language the software operates in, as well as industry specific terminology. Users can also customize the terms and phrases within the software for all correspondence and reporting. You can even manage and organize a diverse portfolio of properties with industry specific language and functionality.
Other Core Features
- Inspections Generate forms or fill out inspections online to document and manage your workflow process.
- Microsoft® Outlook Search - Quickly find e-mail messages to and from your tenants and owners sent from within Outlook and import into PropertyBoss®.
- Electronic Document Filing Efficiently create and archive PDF versions of letters created from within PropertyBoss.
- PropertyListsTM Increase productivity with filtered views of your properties that can be defined and shared across users.
- Media Management Reduce time looking for copies of receipts or other electronic files by linking them directly to transactions within the register.
- Global Search Enhanced search capability allows you to search across multiple databases and post activity directly to the desired database.
- Enhanced Unit & Lease Navigator Quickly find the information you need with expanded sorting of the Unit & Lease Navigator by owner, tenant, zip code or a custom field.
- Work Approval & Bills Held - Control the payment of bills through a review and approval process.
Proprietary Navigator technology allows users to define what information they see, customize filters, sort and group that information, as well as export that information to printed reports or Excel all from the PropertyBoss dashboard.
Tenant, Lease, Unit & Property Management
With PropertyBoss, managing tenants, leases, units and properties has never been easier and more flexible. Features include unlimited user-defined data fields, the ability to track and manage media, maximum flexibility for managing leases, rents, subsidies, and late fees, plus the ability to define and manage repeating transactions, deposits and other charges.
Third-Party Owner Management
Property managers have more options and flexibility than ever when it comes to managing the owners of the properties they manage. With the ability to support fully configurable ownership types and percentages, define custom fee schedules and produce a variety of owner reports with a few clicks, property managers can provide higher levels of customer service with reduced effort and expense. In addition, PropertyBoss® easily handles situations where property managers may directly own all or part of their property portfolio.
User Defined Options
User defined language settings, user access security, custom data fields, definable transaction types and processing algorithms are just a few of the settings property managers can configure within PropertyBoss.
Vendor & Work Order Management
Managing vendors and work orders is as simple as point and click with PropertyBoss. Work orders can be created, assigned to specific vendors, have media attached, and tracked and managed through a customizable navigator. Property managers can even define their own work order groups, create and manage subtasks associated with work orders as well as track vendor balances and the status through user-defined custom fields.
Reviews of PropertyBoss Write a Review
Mark from June Palms Property Managment says...
PropertyBoss has allowed us to work much more efficiently and manage many more properties than if we were on a paper system. I like the ability that the forms are customizable, and that it can be tailored to our specific needs.
The good: I like that we have the ability to access the client’s or the property’s information with only a few clicks. Everyone in our office can use this software with only a minimum amount of training. I like that we can tailor our forms to the software so we don’t have to use MS Word to do our leases or late letters, it’s all done through the Property Management System. Yes, it’s a lot to set up, but well worth the effort as now we have a consistent product for our customers.
The bad: I REALLY would like to have more ability to train without being constrained by their schedule. They only offer training during the day and it’s extremely difficult to do training when the phone’s are ringing and the staff is engaged with clients. I would like to see either early morning or late afternoon sessions offered so we can make full use of the software. Also, I’d like to see the cost of the training to be a little cheaper so we could do it more often. As for the software, there are a few glitches when it connects to QuickBooks but nothing too terrible. They do have a very helpful support person that makes you feel very smart after you’re done talking with her.
Rocky from Russell Property Management says...
I have been using PropertyBoss is 2007. I use the product for both rental property and homeowner association management. This software performs nicely for both of these businesses. When I have a question or issue with the software, the PropertyBoss support staff responds in a timely manner and they are very knowledgeable on the product. I would recommend it highly.
The good: The best features of PropertyBoss to me are the portals to allow rental prospects to apply via our website and allows tenants to pay their rent and view their accounts on the website. The interface to my accounting package, QuickBooks, has been flawless.
The bad: On the rental side, we need the ability to use tablets to perform apartment turns without having to have access to the Internet. On the HOA side, we need more options to calculate late fees for unpaid assessments and other charges.
Property Boss has helped our business in so many ways. We have been able to totally modernize our operation from all aspects of property management. Starting with marketing,payment collection,operations, maintenance and much more! The team at Property Boss has been great to work with from the beginning.They have helped our business grow in the modern age of management.
The good: The easiest method of collecting rents and paying owners as well with quick pay.
The bad: The fact that if you just place a tenant for an owner and are not going to manage the property on going there is no good way to process that in the system.
John from LS Real Estate, Inc. says...
I have used Property Boss for over 10 years, and just recently switched over to their new GL version. Shelly West was the consultant during the transition, and she was very professional, thorough, and helpful. By the end of the transition, all of our owners’ Trust accounts were in balance. At the time of this review, we have been on the new system for 2 weeks, and it is saving us time and we find it much easier to use than the previous system. It also gives us more tools for our clients, and we couldn’t be happier with Property Boss! Thank you, John R. Ellis President, Broker LS Real Estate, Inc. Whittier, CA
The good: We really like the versatility of the system, and that they keep updating to keep up with current technology such as online payments, owners’ portals, residents’ portals, etc.
The bad: Probably the 3-hour time difference for conference calls!
Craig from DiPetrillo Properties says...
I am found to have a very complexed and documents student housing devlopment - both with documetns and technology. With this being said, we have various areas that we would search for either files, info, forms and links. However with PBOSS, that changed everything and brought it all together into one application.
The good: I would say since we are new to it and still experiencing its functionality, working on one desktop (Today Navigator) sure helps one plan their day! ..knowing what needs to happen - all from 1 screen view.
The bad: I am feeling more and more confident about hte software the more i use it. However, as usual i push the limits with any product of technology that i use. Though i do consider it a productive ‘trait’ that i push the limits of technology, but their are not many limits that i have reached on PBoss!
David from Off Campus Housing LLC says...
Our company specializes in student housing and manages over 700 beds with a mix of scattered site residential units and apartment complexes. The product offering is robust with features that afford scale with simplicity. We can credit the software with countless savings in labor hours by automating the many tasks we have traditionally done either by hand or by having to use 3-4 separate platforms (excel, qbooks, e-pay, scratch pad, etc.) to get the same results. PropertyBoss is our 4th management software and will without question be our last.
The good: Notes Feature: In our industry where we have 3-4 residents on individual leases living in the same unit all with 3-4 sets of parents, the Notes or what we call “Notes to File” feature is simply amazing. We are able to log every conversation, letter, notice any of our agents or managers send to any tenant, owner, vendor, parent and it is documented directly on the ledger. This way all onsite and off site superiors can be well informed as any issues may arise.
Media Feature: We are able to finally have a paperless office with this feature. We can easily save all lease documents, resident & property photos, and other various docs to the residents’/owners’/vendors’ notebooks. Its not just paperless but it keeps it in order where we can easily retrieve any .pdf doc.
Customer Service: We never have trouble getting in touch with either the sales or support staff. I’d say 95% of the time we get a same day response/resolution to any inquiry (not just when we want to buy something but for support calls as well)
The bad: The online property listing portal is a nice feature but the site could use a little beautification. I love the ability to control the content but the ability to control the look/feel such as fonts & colors is a bit limited. However, when compared to all the other features the other web portals offer (Resident/Owner/Payment Portals) it’s by no means a deal breaker.
Lynn from 33rd Company Property Management says...
We have been using Property Boss for 3+ years and found the transition to be easy and the staff training was excellent! Property Boss has helped us improve our processes and increase our efficiency.
They are very responsive to questions and get back to you same day with a response.
The good: The reporting feature is excellent! You can add any parameter you are interested in tracking and generate a report.
The learning curve for new staff is very quick because Property Boss is very intuitive.
Property Boss has both a PM and HOA module allowing our staff to manage in one system.
The bad: It would be helpful for our staff to have an auto email function to owners when a work order activity occurs and flexibility to edit this as it pertains to our process.
Wade from Industrial Leasing says...
PropertyBoss is a property management software that successfully integrates all facets of the business into a single easy to use interface. It allows the user to pay and track expenses, easily receive and account for revenue, manage and maintain a diverse portfolio of real properties, along with a host of additional features that have streamlined our business processes and dramatically expanded our managing capacity at relatively little cost.
The good: PropertyBoss is intuitive and offers numerous process paths to accomplish tasks. This decreases training time for new users and enhances the value added to our business. PropertyBoss’ ability to support multiple workstations through a networked database enables efficient real-time collaboration by our administrative team. We are currently in the process of increasing the use of our public website by promoting online tenant registration for account management and online bill pay, electronic tenant applications, and detailed property listings. PropertyBoss’ ability to integrate with our public website has made that process relatively easy to implement without any need for specialized skills in website administration or design
The bad: PropertyBoss’ notification module which enables generic letters to be populated with tenant specific information will be a great time saver but we have noticed a number of programming bugs which produce mixed results when utilizing this feature. Consequently, many of the direct mailing notifications that we send to tenants are still prepared with other software.
Michael from McCreary Realty Management, Inc., AMO says...
We migrated from the orphaned Tenant Pro 7 after almost 15 years with them. We wanted an option to self-host that most of the other platforms can’t offer as they are cloud only. The system is very stable, works well with Server 2003 and up, easily kept updated, is very fast and handles multiple users with ease.
We were also looking for a platform that could handle single-family management AND Community Association management WELL. After searching, that is a hard thing to find.
The good news for us is that Property Boss DOES fill that slot and works great for both of our property types.
We migrated and started running live in 2012. After being on the system for 2 years now, no complaints and owners & tenants love the ease of use with the various portals.
The good: Customer service is excellent. It’s the best I have experienced with any software product. Also love that it is all in one space - no more cobbled together resources from multiple locations and websites. From application to move in to move out, we never have to enter resident info as it starts with the resident completing the online application and we never are required to enter the same information again as they progress through their stages.
The bad: When we came on with them, the Community Association datafile was not as complete as we had hoped. However, they very quickly met with us and solved the majority of the issues in less than two weeks.
John from Florida Coastal Jacksonville Realty Inc says...
we manage over 300 single family and condos and have used property boss software for over 2 years now. we are very satisfied with the system as in the past systems we used had many errors with little support. property boss is quick to answer our questions and to resolve all our provlems. we are very satisfied with there system and support and highly recommend them. John McMenamy Broker
The good: ease of using the data base and the web site they created for us.
The bad: not sure
The software is integrated with Microsoft so it is very user friendly, which has allowed us an easy transition in training staff. The software has made our company much more efficient from the archaic paper style we used to use and has allowed us a one stop source for everything we do.
The good: The flexibility of the software has proven to be a great surprise. There are a lot of ways of managing in our industry and the software is adaptable to fit your needs.
The bad: It is obviously more expensive than the old way, however technology is expensive and time is money. The software has allowed us to save time and money, even though the solution is more expensive than our old management style.
Dale from Breedlove & Associates says...
Great software and support. I’ve used it since 2005 and it’s grown with my business.
The good: To me, the best part is the web link for the website and our vacancies from our system. It’s seamless and works automatically.
The bad: Can’t really find anything negative about the software.