The MaxQ Supply Chain Management Series of modules for Microsoft Dynamics SL are a suite of products that enhance the supply chain capabilities of your system. Using any of our modules will provide Microsoft Dynamics SL with integrated functionality to handle critical supply chain functions like Demand Planning, Supply Chain Planning and many more.
Customers can use one or any combination of our nine modules designed to round out the supply chain functionality your company may require. The top Microsoft Dynamics SL VARs across the country look for our Supply Chain Management Series modules to deliver exceptional supply chain capabilities to customers to maximize the investment they’ve made in made in Microsoft Dynamics.
Advanced Forecasting (AF)
MaxQ’s Advanced Forecasting module is an excellent foundation for a successful supply chain planning strategy. Used as part of our Demand Planning solution or on its own, the Advanced Forecasting module adds many collaborative features including several import and export options for the forecasting process.
Advanced Forecasting organizes your forecasting information so it can be used more effectively for planning and analysis. Forecasts can be received or sent to customers, sales reps, or product planners. In addition, you can send your expected purchase forecasts to your vendors. Formats supported include EDI, Excel and delimited text files.
Features and Functionality
- Superior Processes. By increasing your ability to respond quickly to changes in customer demand you are able to deliver the highest level of customer service
- Greater Optimization. The forecast inquiry screen allows you to build pivot table reports very easily
- Seamless Integration. If you are receiving forecasts or planning schedules from EDI trading partners, our EDI integration makes this information transfer smooth and simple
- Reduced Costs. More accurate forecasting allows you to reduce capital expenditure in inventory and lower inventory management and warehousing costs
- Increased Efficiency. Easy to use allows for immediate reaction to demand and supply changes.
- Valuable Analysis. If you model forecasts in Excel, our Excel Forecast wizard allows forecast data from Excel to be easily imported into Advanced Forecasting for even greater efficiency
Automate the processes of building kits and managing components. MaxQ’s Auto Kitting module allows you to completely manage your inventory kitting needs. As sales orders are entered, kits can be setup to automatically be created and received into inventory as needed, allowing the shipper (pick ticket) to be created as expected. Component shortages are analyzed and reported on, given you complete control of the shortage process. As components are received the appropriate kits will automatically create. A kit component shortage report can be run at any time detailing any kits that are short inventory.
- Automatic creation and receiving of kits required by a sales order
- Analyze component inventory optionally hold orders that have kits that are short components
- Automatically build kits as component inventory is received
- Pick ticket (shipper) can optionally be printed with kit components details
- Build kits as they are ordered
- Inventory of kits and components are much more accurate
- Shortens time needed to ship, no longer wait for manual kits to be assembled before shipper can be created
- Reduce inventory, better manage components
- System continually manages components and releases kit assemblies when appropriate
- Easy to use, flexible and efficient
Demand Planning (DP)
Better decision-making and increased profits are must easier when you are given the ability to forecast accurately. MaxQ’s Demand Planning module is designed specifically to assist you in your sales and inventory planning efforts by creating accurate forecasts, using your sales history from Microsoft Dynamics SL (or any other source), in combination with its powerful statistical forecasting models.
In an effort to satisfy all mainstream business forecasting requirements, our demand planning module can automatically select forecasting models from the following five classes or include a user defined forecasting model:
Simple Methods- For very short or extremely volatile data, Forecast Pro includes moving average models
Curve Fitting - Provides a quick and easy way to identify the general form of the curve (i.e. straight line, quadratic, exponential and s-curve)
Low Volume Models - Croston’s Intermittent Demand model and discrete data models are provided to accommodate low volume and “sparse” data (i.e. where the demand is often zero)
Box-Jenkins - For stable data sets, Forecast Pro supports a multiplicative seasonal Box-Jenkins model. The model can be built for you automatically or interactively, using a full range of screen-oriented diagnostics
Exponential Smoothing - Twelve different Holt-Winters Exponential Smoothing models are provided to accommodate a wide range of data characteristics. Robust exponential smoothing models makes it ideal when there are no leading indicators or when the data is too short or volatile for Box-Jenkins. You can select the model and set the parameters yourself or let Forecast Pro do it automatically
Features and Functionality
- Uses sales history and statistical techniques to predict future usage
- User defined planning groups on any level or combination of levels, such as product and customer class, or territory
- Allowance for manual entry of partial customers while allowing past usage (excluding effects of manual entries) for the remaining to drive statistical calculations. Results in a complete forecast that includes both groups
- Forecast group entry uses both bottom up or top down methods of maintenance
- Extends exponential smoothing to make allowances for special events like promotion, sales, shutdown, seasons or other occurrences
- Integrates with MaxQ Supply Chain Planning to automatically plan the inventory needs of the forecast
- Capacity to maintain an unlimited number of forecast versions
Freight Manifesting leverages your investment in Microsoft Dynamics SL by enabling you to freight shop, find the least cost route, print freight carrier labels and easily produce required manifest documents.
Features and Functionality
- Perform freight shopping calculations directly from the Microsoft Dynamics SL Order Management screen
- Uses Microsoft Dynamics SL inventory item data to automatically calculate carton and item weights
- Supports UPS, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery, USPS, as well as user-definable carriers including truck-load carriers
- Easy to use import features that perform automatic updates when new carrier rates are published
- Uses negotiated rates to handle standard and hundredweight calculations
- Option to print carrier specific labels per container automatically when the shipper is created using Microsoft Dynamics SL Order Type steps
- Produces printed or electronic shipment manifests for your carriers
- Ability to invoice quoted freight cost regardless of the actual cost
- Automatic generation of tracking numbers per shipment
- Ability to link tracking number to carrier’s web site for up-to-date tracking information
- Tight integration with Microsoft Dynamics SL Order Management workflow and Order Type steps
- Supports electronic scales for entry of parcel weights
Import Management (IM)
Import Management (IM) Designed for companies that import goods, IM manages the importing process. Combining the management of all import deliveries through their complete life cycle with purchasing, replenishment planning and landed cost improvements, IM reduces costs and maximizes profitability by reducing import complexity.
Inter-Company - Inventory Transfers (ICIT)
Inter-Company - Inventory Transfers (ICIT) provides inter-related companies the ability to transfer goods to each other with automatic documentation. Initiated by entering a PO or SO, to Solomon, the corresponding transaction is created automatically with complete control of transfer costs and pricing. ITIC handles both multi-companies in a single data base as well as multiple databases. Inter-company transfers also hands both one step and two step transfers.
Matrix Inventory Management (MI)
Realize significant time savings by automating the inventory entry process and leverage your investment in Microsoft Dynamics SL with MaxQ’s Matrix Inventory Management module. Regardless of the type of product or industry this module supports the flexibility of handling an unlimited number of user defined characteristics and works for a wide variety of product attribute types such as size/color/style and waist/length for apparel, size/width for shoes, or pattern/color for flooring.
The greater number of attributes, the more challenging and time consuming it is to create and maintain these items using manual entry. The Matrix Inventory module facilitates the definition, creation, and maintenance of matrix groups and their associated items. It provides mass creation and update capabilities with all or selected variations of product attributes. Items can be created with user defined, or system generated inventory IDs, and intelligent item descriptions constructed from attribute definitions and values.
Features and Functionality
- Supports an unlimited number of item groups and attributes
- Inserts attribute elements as needed for additional product variation support
- Flexibility to choose combinations of attribute values in the creation of inventory items
- Auto populates/updates Microsoft Dynamics SL inventory fields with default and/or specified data for product class, product line, list price, base price, etc. for all or selected matrix items
- Ability to handle the use of attributes with more than one matrix
- Supports Microsoft Dynamics SL Inventory Lookup by Attribute by automatically populating inventory item Physical Attributes with attribute values
- Matrix entry screens added to Inventory Items, Sales Orders, Shipping Confirmation, Purchase Orders, and Purchase Order Receipt/Vouchers for multiple quantity entries
- Matrix Inventory Inquiry display of all items in a matrix group for inventory quantity viewing
- Creates inventory items with intelligent IDs by combining attribute values, group description, and constants/delimiters or use of system generated sequences
- Combines attribute captions, attribute values, group description, attribute reference fields, and constants/delimiters when generating inventory item descriptions
Radio Beacon Link
Radio Beacon Link adds seamless integration to the best selling mid-market warehouse management system. It will manage all of your shipping, receiving, transferring, tracing and physical handling of goods accurately and efficiently.
Request for Quotation (RFQ)
MaxQ’s Request for Quotation module provides a streamlined approach for creating vendor quote requests. Using our Request for Quotation module, you can initiate the quote request process by either manually entering an RFQ or have it loaded directly from an Order Management sales order/quote.
Next, assign the bidding vendors you have identified and our module delivers the RFQ document using the vendor’s preferred delivery method - mail, email, fax, EDI, or Excel spreadsheet. As the quotes arrive they are recorded against their associated RFQ to allow for quick and easy comparative analysis. Once the winning bid(s) has been selected, a purchase order is automatically generated.
Features and Functionality
- Simplistic interface provides user access to all information from one screen
- Allowance for RFQs with multiple lines/parts and multiple vendors per line
- Can generates RFQ line items that do not have an Inventory Item Master in Microsoft Dynamics SL
- Records vendor responses including price and lead times
- Capability to award items to a single supplier or split them among several
- Import all or selected items from a Order/Quote Supports RFQ delivery by mail, email (Excel, HTML or XML documents), fax or EDI
- Fully integrates with the Microsoft Dynamics SL Order Management, Inventory Management and Purchase Management modules
- Automatic generation of purchase orders based upon awarded bids
- Each vendor/part maintains its own contact(s) and due date
- Flexible Review Worksheet for easy tracking and selection of awarded bids
Service Integration - Order Management
Service Integration - Order Management integrates your field service needs with your supply chain operations. Order Management-Service Integration is perfect for any organization that needs to schedule and control installation and other service functions in sync with their supply chain operations (sales order management, purchasing and inventory systems.)
Supply Chain Planning (SCP)
Experience increased order fulfillment, more controlled inventory levels and greater customer satisfaction with MaxQ’s Supply Chain Planning module. It is designed to facilitate the planning and execution of all inventory, purchasing, manufacturing, and site transfer needs under a single facility. It manages sales/forecasts and multi-level dependent demand requirements from kits, BOMs or site transfers according to a time-phased basis, with easy or automatic transaction entries. Simply put, it tells you what inventory to make, buy, or transfer and when to do it.
Supply Chain Planning for Projects
Our Supply Chain Planning module provides full support for projects and integrates with the Microsoft Dynamics SL Project modules; perfect for businesses with Engineer-to-Order processes or other project driven companies that need to manage inventory.
- Enter Inventory items that need to be planned by Project and Task
- Project items entered are treated as demand items and can take advantage of all of the powerful replenishment capabilities in SCP like Purchase Order Creation and Buyers Workbench
- Items that are issued to a project via an Inventory Issues transaction will automatically update quantities used and the balance of the associated Project task
Features and Functionality
- Common Part Numbers (allows consolidating of supply and demand for multiple inventory items)
- Work Order Shortage Checking (planners can now check planned orders for manufactured items for shortages before creating the actual supply orders)
- Built in Vendor Cost/Pricing tables similar to Order Management’s Sales Pricing
- Ability to adjust historical demands to remove effects of unusual demand
- Flexible replenishment policies (supports eight different planning policies including Reorder Point, Discrete, Max/Min, Days Supply, Make to Order and Multiple Drop Ship Methods
- The capability to create Microsoft Dynamics SL Build to Manufacturing Work Orders and link sub-assembly and component part work orders to the parent upper level assembly work orders
- User defined calendar with separate entries for forecast, manufacturing, and operating days
- Bucket-less Supply and Demand Detail Inquiries
- Flexible replenishment parameters from item/site level with direct linkage from inventory Item, Site, and Material Class settings
- Automatic Purchase, Transfer or Work Order generation derived from planned orders
- Creates dependent demand from multilevel kits, BOMs or Item Transfer Tree
- Easy to review exception reporting including recommended planning adjustments
- Manual or system generated forecast plans based upon user definable demand formulas and past history
- Flexible filtering options by Site, Planner, Vendor, Transaction Type, Etc
- Advance drilldown capabilities available in Supply Chain Inquiry
UPS WorldShip Link
Automate and streamline shipping tasks and freight cost calculations to achieve the most economical UPS shipping rates. Our UPS WorldShip® Link enables you to easily integrate your UPS WorldShip terminal into the Microsoft Dynamics SL Order Management workflow. With its predefined import and export mappings for UPS WorldShip,our module enables you to electronically transfer shipping information between UPS WorldShip and Microsoft Dynamics SL. Users also have the ability to link to the UPS Web sites fast, efficient shipment tracking.
Features and Functionality
- Single point of data entry
- Simply scanning or typing the Microsoft Dynamics SL Shipper ID passes address information required directly to UPS WorldShip
- Automatically validates city, state and zip code per address and displays rates instantly via a built-in rate calculator
- Tracking numbers and package freight costs are delivered back to the Microsoft Dynamics SL shipper for invoicing
- Freight shop or obtain quotes on other UPS services directly from the Microsoft Dynamics SL Order screen
Advantages and Benefits
- Enables you to better utilize the functionality of UPS WorldShip by sharing Microsoft Dynamics SL data easily
- Single point for data entry eliminates re-keying data to/from UPS WorldShip improving shipment data accuracy
- Obtain better rates through freight shopping and reduce overall shipping costs
- Seamless integration reduces installation and training expense
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
Monitor, replenish and optimize inventory with MaxQ’s Vendor Managed Inventory module. This MaxQ module provides suppliers with competitive advantage enabling consistent order processing, providing comprehensive data analysis, and the ability to offer customers a value added service.
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) allows suppliers to take ownership of inventory replenishment decisions for their customers. This is also known as Efficient Customer Response (ECR), Just-In-Time Distribution (JIT), or Quick Response.
Using our VMI module the process begins when Microsoft Dynamics SL receives the EDI 852 Product Data Activity transaction. This EDI document contains product usage and stock level details from the customer. Our module creates suggested replenishment orders and once approved by the user, notifies the customer of the new sales order via an EDI 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgment transaction. Once the shipment is processed, our module sends the EDI 856 Advance Ship Notice transaction to the customer per their requirements.
Additionally, this module supports consolidated invoices for customers that require one invoice for multiple orders.
Features and Functionality
- Controls managed and/or consigned inventory according to predetermined quantity and site levels
- Supports EDI 852 Product Data Activity, 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement, and 856 Advance Ship Notice documents
- Produces suggested inventory replenishment models per facility that can be released or modified as needed
- Recommends firm or in-process replenishments (cancel, reschedule in, reschedule out, surplus) Creates customer-specific EDI Advance Ship Notices quickly and easily
- User defined billing options per customer and facility level (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly) Emits Actual vs. Budget tracking
- Additional control of Management Fees in addition to billable transactions
- Supports Flexible Replenishment Methods including multiple variable safety stock calculations
Vendor Rebates and Promotions
Vendor Rebates and Promotions - The Vendor Rebates module streamlines and automates the vendor discount and promotion management process. VR handles the four most common types of rebates that vendor’s offer; Cooperative (Co-Op) Marketing, Purchase Volume Rebates, SPIFF’s and Price Protection. The Vendor Rebates module enables you to track individual promotional programs and assures you are submitting and deducting your claims, taking full advantage of available discounts.
Reviews of Supply Chain Management Series Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use Supply Chain Management Series? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!