MCBA Quantum Distribution System
…the Right Material - at the Right Place - at the Right Time
- How much of a material to buy?
- How much should be stocked?
- Where to sell it?
- To whom?
- How much should you charge?
Whether your company needs better control over the selling and distribution of products to your customers or whether you need better control over the material flow through your manufacturing process, the MCBA Distribution System can help. No computer system can make critical decisions for you, but MCBA’s QUANTUM Distribution System can help provide you with the critical information to make better decisions. For example, the Distribution System automatically provides vital sales history information such as when, where, to whom and how a product was sold; which sales person sold it; and what margin was achieved. With this information and much more at your fingertips, you can effectively plan future stock requirements.
MCBA QUANTUM Distribution System can work for manufacturers in planning appropriate levels for ordering raw material and keeping the production line full without overloading your company with expensive slow moving material.
If you would like to have tighter controls the MCBA Distribution System is just right. Some of the benefits include:
- Reduction in inventory investment. Have the right item at the right time without excess stock
- Reduction in loss due to spoilage, shrinkage and obsolescence. Inventory stays on shelves for a shorter time
- Increased sales due to better customer service and timely deliveries. Less out-of-stock items should result in repeat business
- Lower purchasing costs. Comprehensive vendor history and analysis allow informed purchasing decisions and to shopping for the best value The MCBA Quantum Distribution System will also interface with both Quantum Accounting and Manufacturing Systems.
Bill of Material Processor
MCBA’s Bill of Material Processor (BOMP) package is classified as a Distribution Package but it is equally critical to the Manufacturing process. The main function of Bill of Material Processing is to create and maintain the Product Structure file for products you make or assemble. This package maintains up to 11 levels of product structure, incorporates planned returns, processes scrap or loss and makes use of Planning Bills.
Serialized inventory sales to customers can be tracked without the overhead and complexity of tracking serialized inventory within the warehouse. However, serial numbers may also be assigned to items being manufactured by a shop order or stocked into inventory.
In addition, this package includes a powerful Product Configurator, which provides the ability to build complex custom configurations. These custom configurations integrate directly into the order entry and manufacturing packages.
Customer Order Processing
The MCBA Customer Order Processing (COP) package is used to record, track, verify and handle customer orders.
The typical manufacturer/distributor selling products will have an established and expanding customer base. The orders from these customers will result in products being sent to customers along with (or followed by) an invoice.
COP is designed to handle customer orders from the time they are entered until they are billed.
Any distribution or manufacturing system, whether manual or computerized, must have some way of recording what parts are in inventory and in what quantity. In fact, this record of what is in inventory is the most fundamental and necessary portion of the system. MCBA’s Quantum Inventory Management package keeps detailed records on all inventory movement and generates useful management reports. Here are a few examples of the types of transactions that occur:
- Relief of inventory when invoicing a customer order in Customer Order Processing or issuing material to a shop order in Shop Floor Control
- Increase of inventory when receiving items in the Purchase Order and Receiving package or completing finished goods in Shop Floor Control
- Update of on-hand quantities as a result of a physical or cycle count using the features in the Inventory Management package
Purchase Order & Receiving
The Purchase Order and Receiving (PO) package helps ensure that the correct quantity and quality of material is available when it is required. For instance, the PO’s Analysis of Vendor Performance helps reduce shortages and delivery of off-standard material by summarizing each vendors performance and identifying vendors which are reliable and which are not.
- Purchase Order Types
- Purchase Order Processing
- Receivings Processing
- Item/Vendor Relationships
- Ship-to Addresses
- Purchase Order Inquiry
- Purchase Order History
- Vendor Analysis
- Cash Requirement Projections
- Interface to Accounts Payable
Sales History is a versatile, comprehensive reporting package. It offers a variety of reporting formats to assist you in evaluating what happened during a sales period or a year. The information can be analyzed for products, product categories, customers, and sales reps so that you can determine your areas of strength and weakness, and pinpoint areas that are generally improving and those that are worsening.
Quantums Sales History Overview offers three types of reports: Detail Reports, Comparison Reports, and Analysis Reports. For example, the Detail Reports present the invoice data in your choice of five formats: Detail by Territory by Customer, by Sales Rep, by State, by Product Category, and by Invoice Date. These reports are easy-to-read representations of the invoice data received from the Customer Order Processing package.
Reviews of Quantum Distribution Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use Quantum Distribution? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!