JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is a complete suite of modular, pre-integrated industry-specific business applications designed for rapid deployment and ease of administration on a pure internet architecture. It is ideally suited for organizations that manufacture, construct, distribute, service, or manage products or physical assets.
Cash flow. Vendor terms. Discount opportunities. Efficient and effective cash management is more than just paying bills. Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Payable provides the integration and flexibility you need to optimize your payables process.
Features & Benefits
- Multiple voucher entry options, so you can select the most efficient method. Workflow-driven payment processing - you prioritize vouchers, the system handles the payments.
- Voucher invoice logging upon receipt for immediate accrual recognition.
- Multinational functionality, including multi-currency processing and international tax management.
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Receivable streamlines and accelerates the process of applying receipts, giving you real-time accounts receivable information. Handle complex transactions quickly and automatically, minimize the need for manual processing, improve your customer relationships, and enhance your organization’s ability to respond to credit and collections issues.
Features & Benefits
- Workflow tailored to your business processes.
- Detailed account visibility that allows you to see when and how customers are paying, and the discounts they are taking advantage of.
- Multinational functionality, including multi-currency processing and international tax management.
- User-definable collections criteria from a combination of variables.
- Simplified handling of nonstandard customer deductions.
Advanced Cost Accounting
Do you ever wonder which products, services, channels, or market segments make the most money, or which activities cost the most and which generate the greatest ROI? JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Advanced Cost Accounting provides the framework and features to analyze profitability by using a combination of traditional managerial accounting and activity-based costing, giving you valuable financial information not generally available through traditional accounting methods.
Features & Benefits
- Automatically capture direct revenue and costs, and assign values to indirect costs so you can derive fully allocated profit and loss reporting by customer and product hierarchies.
- Integrated cost analyzer that allows you to capture, arrange, and analyze managerial accounting information without affecting your financial accounting information.
- Separate set of records allows you to perform what if analyses on different assumptions while keeping the original financial records intact.
Asset Lifecycle Management
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne’s Asset Lifecycle Management solution helps drive greater value from your assets, whether they are plants, facilities, or equipment. From capital planning and budgeting, to procurement and operations, to maintenance and repair, JD Edwards Asset Lifecycle Management can maximize profitability and return on investment across the entire asset lifecyle.
- Complete enterprise-wide visibility enables executives and managers to make sound asset investment and management decisions to drive financial value at every stage of the asset lifecycle.
- Keep assets running at maximum availability and extend equipment life.
- Increase labor productivity by scheduling maintenance around operations, matching employee skills to specific maintenance tasks.
- Optimize maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) inventories and automate the fulfillment of spare parts and supplies.
- Track the financial performance of assets and tie costs and revenue generated to individual key assets, such as plants and transmission or production lines.
Capital Asset Management
The Capital Asset Management product within JD Edwards Enterprise one is designed to give you a closer look into all your fixed assets. It will provide you with visibility of your assets from deployment through operations, maintenance and retirement. The goal through this system is to give you a true view of each asset’s operational and financial performance, so you can ensure that every capital investment into assets is profitable.
This module is fully integrated with other JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications, including those designed for the management of labor, procurement, finances, services, projects, and warranties. This will in-turn allow you to put asset management practices in place that will reduce operating costs, capital expenditures, and spare parts inventory, while simultaneously increasing utilization, production and reliability.
The system will give you a complete view of all labor and parts needed for asset management, thereby allowing you to optimize labor and reduce costs associated with overtime and excess spare parts and inventories.
You will also be able to match maintenance and repair tasks to employees. This will take into account availability and skill level of employees to ensure that you are minimizing overtime pay. Capacity and workload tracking will lend itself to reducing overtime, as well.
The system will also allow you to schedule servicing as needed to ensure that you assets are operating at optimal performance. Preventive maintenance schedules based on user-defined usage thresholds will allow you to ensure that maintenance is performed around production needs, as opposed to disrupting production for maintenance. Examples of the user-defined thresholds for usage include: meter readings, hours used, miles driven, fuel used, specific dates, or time intervals.
Finally, failure analysis will allow you to see how and why assets fail. This will then allow you to ensure that your assets are operating at peak levels and avoid failure in the future.
- Integrated time & labor management
- Preventive maintenance scheduling
- Work order management for maintenance work with optional automatic work order activation
- Failure analysis
- Maintenance planning
- Equipment, cost, work order, maintenance planning, and preventative maintenance reporting
- Warranty management
- Contract management
You assets need to run at full capacity in order to maximize revenue generation. However, this raises the question of how do you run your assets at full capacity while minimizing unplanned downtime? The answer: continually collected information about each asset from the Condition-Based Maintenance application in your JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Suite.
Rather than waiting to fix your equipment until after a breakdown occurs or basing maintenance on a set calendar or usage-based metric, you will be able to fix equipment only and immediately when it’s necessary. This results in reduced maintenance costs, equipment downtime and productivity.
Many pieces of equipment now come with monitoring devices built into them. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne will integrate with these monitoring devices to gather data. This real-time data stream is then used to judge conditions of equipment against predefined operating parameters. If the information falls outside the parameters, an alert signals the problem. What’s more, you are able to set the parameters for each piece of monitored equipment yourself. Meaning the monitoring can be as sensitive or loose as you’d like it to be, for each individual piece of equipment.
The alerts can be delivered in a number of ways. Options include: delivery by email, pager, or some other messaging system. If you do not want an alert, the system can automatically generate a work order that prompts for inspection and repair.
The fact that JD Edwards EnterpriseOne actively monitors your equipment means that it will catch a problem before outward signs are noticeable. Instead of waiting for a piece of equipment to breakdown to perform repairs, you can catch may repairs before they become major issues, saving time and expenses in repairs. This proactive approach to monitoring and maintenance will ensure that you keep equipment running smoothly thus increasing productivity and in-turn revenues.
- Condition based testing, test routes, schedules and reading
- Automatic maintenance work order production
- Standard equipment monitoring device connectors
- Test analysis and automatic processing
- Project management forecasting
- Shutdown scheduling
Contract and Service Billing
Contract and Service Billing calculates customer invoices accurately based on your business rules. This gives you the flexibility to meet the diverse terms and billing methods of contracts and service. This module is designed to handle the billing for complex contracts and service agreements. Integration with project costing will ensure that you are billing the correct amount and do not have to waste time reentering data. No matter the source, any costs associated with a project are taken into account in billing.
The software allows you to tailor your invoices to each of your customers’ preferences. You are able to setup flexible billing cycles and custom invoice format in multiple currencies and languages. Contract and Service Billing supports all variations of daily, weekly, or monthly billing cycles—or any other customer-designated interval. You are also able to specify what information is on an invoice, so that customers who want item specifics on their invoices can receive them, and others who want detailed price breakdowns will have their desires met as well.
- Real-time updates of cost and unit ledgers for approved changes.
- Management of transfer pricing.
- Multilevel “not-to-exceed” limits.
- Customer-specific invoice detail and presentation
- Retainage calculation.
- Record locking ensuring users do not accidentially change records.
- User-defined multilevel rate table.
- Inter- and intra-divisional revenue postings.
- Rebilling of contract invoices.
- Separation of billing and revenue recognition.
- Parent-child contract relationship capability.
- Drill-down featuers to move ffrom billing work file directly to transactions.
- Multiple currencies and languages.
- Markup specification.
- Summary billings.
- VAT calculation.
- Pre- and post-invoice review.
- Detailed audit trails.
- Custom revenue recognition settings.
Equipment Cost Analysis
The Equipment Cost Analysis application of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is designed so you can avoid the problem of constantly rising costs with no known cause. The system will ensure you to stay on top of expenses by allowing you to track and manage operating and maintenance costs by equipment type or parent/child relationship. This will allow you to easily determine which machines are the most costly.
The software will allow you to view operating and maintenance costs for individual pieces of equipment. You will also be able to drill down into work order detail to investigate areas of rising costs.
The system will allow you to create custom categories for your equipment. This will allow you to group and track costs in the way that makes the most sense for your company. This flexibility will make it easier for you to investigate and manage costs for your company.
Automating your expense reporting process promotes efficiency from entry to reimbursement to billing. With Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Expense Management, employees can enter their time and expenses in one location, eliminating short-term disparate systems or spreadsheets that compromise internal control and efficiency.
Features & Benefits Include:
- Automatically enforces expense reporting policy rules.
- Captures daily labor hours.
- Integration with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financial Management applications to eliminate duplicate keying and the costs associated with it, reduce errors, and provide more timely information for billing and employee reimbursement.
Financial Management and Compliance Console
The Financial Management and Compliance Console gives you a multilayered interface that delivers individualized views of financial metrics in an intuitive interface. With it, you can quickly assess financial and compliance performance, drill down to supporting data, identify potential issues, and take appropriate action.
Commonly referred to as a BI dashboard (i.e. Business Intelligence Dashboard), the Financial Management and Compliance Console will ensure that all of your staff has quick access to critical KPI’s (key performance indicators). The key features of the Financial Management and Compliance Console include:
- Individualized views of information based on staff member role and responsibilities.
- Management of exceptions allowing you to determine the cause of an exception and take appropriate action.
- Interactive view of data.
- Intuitive, multi-layered interface featuring user-specific charts and graphs.
- System change monitoring alerting you to any issues.
- Support of activity, leverage, liquidity and profitability ratio metrics.
- Tracking of cash flows, actual v. budgeted, un-posted transactions, liquidity ratios, leverage ratios, activity ratios, profitability ratio, accounts payable, accounts receivable all on a users desktop, allowing them to stay in touch with business performance without opening JD Edwards.
- Desktop alerts for changes to write-off settings, c changes to credit limits, changes to A/R aging settings, changes to expense management settings.
Fixed Asset Accounting
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Fixed Asset Accounting provides an effective way to track assets for your critical financial and reporting needs, enabling you to produce fixed asset reports, maintain purchase requests for assets, reconcile assets, and maintain tax information.
Features & Benefits
- Automated asset setup, to update asset information on a daily, monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
- Global updates that allow for quick changes across your accounting structure without the need for hard coding or custom programming.
- Easy-to-define alternate ledgers and user-defined codes to help you track alternate depreciation projections when planning and budgeting for the future.
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne General Ledger integrates financial information in real time from throughout your business and helps you meet the financial consolidation and reporting needs of a complex and changing business environment.
Features & Benefits
- Access to consolidated financial information online, any time, across multiple currencies and languages.
- Multinational functionality accommodates country-specific practices, reporting requirements, and regulations.
- Account code structure allows you to organize your financial operations through companies, business units, or any other type of grouping your require, giving you the flexibility to change your reporting structure as needed.
- See originating transactions while viewing the account balance online.
- General Ledger integrity reports that strengthen internal control procedures and identify data inconsistencies.
- Seamless integration with all JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications.
The Order Management application will streamline order processing for companies that deal with receiving orders from customers on a regular basis. The system will allow you to maintain visibility and control throughout the order lifecycle.
There are advanced pricing features that allow you to manage complex sales environments effectively and efficiently. You will be able to manage an unlimited number of prices and specials offers based on any combination of products, product groups, customers, or customer groups. This will in-turn allow you to maximize profits through individualized pricing.
The product configurator in the Order Management application provides a fully integrated front-end sales and quote management system that will allow your staff to create accurate quotes for products that have numerous customization options available. The system will allow you to create configured bills of materials, routing and pricing based on the product configurations.
The system will handle fulfillment management and will optimize delivery through the prioritization of orders according to user-defined rules. The system will give you all the tools you need to closely manage supplies and meet customer expectations. You will be given everything you need to assign inventory to customer sales orders, set service levels for one customer or group of customers, and generate fulfillment plans that you manage or modify as necessary.
This application also features apparel management functionality to manage complex product assortments for apparel manufacturing and distribution companies. The system will allow you to setup multi-attribute items allowing you to track multiple sizes and colors of a particular piece of apparel.
Project and Government Contract Accounting
The Project and Government Contract Accounting application is a flexible solution that lets your project-driven organization manage and support complex contracts. The module will allow you to track your contracts & projects and the costs for labor, material, sub-contractors and any other costs. The system will allow you to manage tasks and control costs for each project, keeping them in line with budgets and contract terms.
The system will allow you to setup fees, retention methods, labor categories and burdening according to the terms and conditions of each contract. You will be able to setup a hierarchical contract structure for top-down contract control. The system will ensure that any costs for a project are automatically associated with the appropriate contract. You will then be able to track which costs can be billed back to your customers. The system will also identify FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation) unallowable costs, limit billing based on period of performance and identify billable jobs on a contract.
If you are dealing with multiple customers with multiple engagements per customer, the Project and Government Contract Accounting application will give you the flexibility to provide individualized service for your customers. The system will allow you to setup tasks in projects and track costs on the task level. You will then be able to track funds at the task level and in-turn create invoices for individual tasks with separate invoices methods for each task, if necessary.
As any project-driven organization knows, the difference between finishing a project with a profit or loss all comes down to how effectively and accurately you are tracking your project costs. The Project Costing application provides you with robust and complete project cost information. The system will give you access to integrated data in one common database, which can easily turn a losing project into a profitable one.
The project costing application will give you real-time, in-depth visibility to all project finances. All the information you need to improve performance will be given to you through views of original budget amounts, current costs, open commitments, final cost projections, and percent-complete information for each project. An Inquiry screen will allow you to easily access progress information and identify cost overruns in the early stages of a project, allowing you to make adjustments and take corrective actions before project costs get out of control.
The system provides you with very high levels of flexibility. You will be able to setup unique cost codes and work phase structure for each different project type. The system will also allow you to create industry- and company-specific terminology to make the information more relevant for your staff. The end-result of this flexibility is customized screens that give you the ability to make well-informed business decisions.
Reviews of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use JD Edwards EnterpriseOne? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!