Unanet provides one software for people, projects and financials; integrating project tracking and management with timesheets and expense reports, project accounting, receivables, payables, general ledger and cost pool calculations (allocations) in a single database.
This eliminates unproductive effort reconciling information between disparate systems, and provides real-time visibility into project labor and expense, direct and indirect costs, profitability, invoicing, revenue recognition and performance against budget.
Major capabilities in the single Unanet system are:
- Timesheets, including support for DCAA compliance
- Expense reports, with Per Diems and support for Federal Travel Regulations
- Project Budgeting
- Project Reporting with Job Status Reports
- Project Analytics including Financial Metrics, Revenue, Margin, and Indirect Costs
- Invoicing & Revenue Recognition
- Support for Time & Materials, Fixed Price and Cost Plus Contract Types, with caps on fee, billed amounts and revenue
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- General Ledger
- Cost Pool Calculations (Allocations)
Unanet Project Software enables the anytime and anywhere collection, and real time reporting, on labor hours and expenses from web-based timesheets and expense reports. More than 700 organizations have adopted Unanet including government contractors, consulting/services, internal IT (Information Technology), not-for-profit and high-technology product organizations. Unanet Project Tracking helps organizations manage project accounting, budget to actual, charge-backs, job cost accounting, Earned Value Management, invoicing, and audit requirements in a proven system, available simply via your web browser.
Unanet Project Software helps customers to:
- Access real-time visibility into actual vs. budget hours, comments, and costs.
- Support compliant DCAA timesheet rules for Defense Contract Audit Agency.
- Report on project direct and indirect costs.
- Collect and summarize ETC (Estimated-To-Complete) hours on user timesheets.
- Cut administrative costs by 90%, reduce errors, and align people to the right work.
- Speed payment of salary and expenses to improve employee satisfaction.
- Produce invoices or charge-backs rapidly to increase cash flow.
- Integrate your contractor workforce.
Unanet Project Portfolio comprises a complete Professional Services Automation (PSA) solution with Resource Requesting & Management, Project Management, Project Accounting, Invoicing and Revenue Recognition, Timesheet Management, Expense Management and Teamwork Collaboration capabilities in one business management software solution. This integrated set of capabilities delivers real-time performance management of your projects and people. Visual insight of resource demands, commitments and capacity ensures managers have the information needed to make optimum decisions about your project portfolio.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AUTOMATION SOFTWARE FEATURES
- Totally Integrated, 100% Web-Based, accessing one database.
- Vendor-independent to fit your technology infrastructure.
- Scalable, reliable, available.
- Published data model for external report writers.
- Role-based for security – administrator, user, manager, project manager and/or customer.
- Single-sign on for one entry of username and password.
- Integration Manager to ensure automated data exchange.
- Powerful selection criteria for critical services business reports.
- Functional depth (including Microsoft Project integration, DCAA Compliance, Per Diems, Time In / Time Out)
- Government contract solutions and government contract reporting
- Extensive audit trails for auditors
- Manage all aspects of project-based business operations
Professional Services Automation software benefits
- Streamline professional services business processes for improved margins.
- Provide new insights with historical, current and future project work.
- Expedite real-time information and decision-making.
- Forecast revenues and utilization.
- Calculate Earned Value and Project Revenue Recognition.
- Support CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration).
- Ensure alignment to strategies with project portfolio management.
- Fits easily in your application architecture.
- Affordable, low TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), high-value software.
- Improve resource capacity planning.
Time and expense management with comprehensive reporting. Supporting DCAA time recording requirements and Per Diems.
Reviews of Unanet Project Software Write a Review
Cory from Transparent Technologies Solutions says...
Our experience with Unanet has been excellent. We are using it to support a DCAA auditable accounting and financial practice and it is working quite well. It’s flexibility as to the setup and configuration at the user interface level is outstanding. It truly allows us to create our company policies and procedures and tailor Unanet to those and not vice versa.
It is a lightweight interface that is intuitive and well designed. It includes the ability to configure user roles for everyone from a basic timesheet or expense user to a Controller or CFO that oversees the entire financial operation of the business. We have especially enjoyed its ability to export financial data to CSV files, be able to manipulate those exports, and import them into payroll systems, accounting systems, and more.
Moreover, it is scalable and cost effective. It allows you to setup an operation for a startup company and scale it accordingly, including costs, as you grow. It is a 100% tailorable and lightweight ERP. It can implement as little or as much rigor as you desire into your finance and accounting operations. We are excited to further understand and eventually implement Unanet financial as it seems to be on a strong trajectory in its early stages.
It is a great product that we highly recommend!