Does your municipality, property management company or HOA bill for water, sewer, trash, electricity, or other services? Are you using a bookkeeping program or contact management program to try to bill your utilities, but find you have to cobble things together to make it work …or sort-of work? Have you looked at other utility billing software programs but found they were just too expensive, with super high support fees you have to pay each year? Or maybe you’ve been using a DOS-based program…and each time you update your computer’s operating system, you worry that it will not longer be able to function properly?
Their complete utility billing software toolkit can make your utility billing easy. Their services will save you time and money, so you can spend your resources on what really matters.
MuniBilling offers all the features your town needs in our utility billing software, including E-Billing, Meter and Data Integration, Service Orders, Reporting and more.
Customer Account Management
With MuniBilling’s utility billing software, we’ve made it easy for you to access and manage all of your customer data in one place.
- Take customer payments from an easy-to-use screen.
- Bills and payments history are available for every customer.
- Create payment plans, get reminders for upcoming payments due with reminders, and track delinquent payments.
- All customer information is available and searchable.
- Print letters customized for your customers with the click of a button.
- Manage returned checks and bill customer accounts for returned check fees.
- Easily assign late fees to accounts.
- Adjust account balances and create miscellaneous bills for any purpose.
- Keep track of reminders to contact customers.
C* ustomers can log in to their account online to see when a payment they made in-person, online with a credit card, or a check mailed to a lockbox has posted to their account.
Data Importing/Exporting & Meter Integration
Do you have a meter reading system in place now?
No problem! MuniBilling integrates with any meter reading system, so you don’t have to worry. And, if you are a small entity looking for a new meter reading system, theyhave a mobile-friendly meter reading app.
Do you get your usage data from another entity?
MuniBilling makes it easy for you to import the data so your utility billing is seamless.
Do you need to export your utility data to another entity?
MuniBilling makes it easy to send usage reports to other entities with a few clicks of your mouse
MuniBilling understands the importance of keeping operational costs down, which is why they created their utility billing software to have fully integrated e-billing built in as a standard feature.
- Utility customers may choose to receive their utility bills by email.
- Email all e-billing customers with the click of a button.
- Each customer that signs up for e-billing is one more stamp you don’t have to buy
- E-Billing reduces your paper, envelope and ink costs
- E-Billing reduces wear and tear on your printer(s).
- Their customers find that the money saved by not mailing out as many “paper bills” covers the cost of using MuniBilling.
MuniBilling understands that having the ability to access real-time accounting reports is just as important as the ability to bill your customers easily and cost effectively. That’s why they built MuniBilling so you can have instant access to all the reports you need, at any time, from any computer. Our flexible reporting enables you to create both summary and detail reports for any date range. These features can be particularly helpful if your entity is ever audited.
Standard Summary/Detail Reports Available:
- Accounts Receivable
- Bills by Zip Code
- Cash Receipts
- Other Acccounting Reports
- Service Order Reports
- Meter Reading Reports
When you sign up for MuniBilling’s lockbox services, your accounts are updated each afternoon, and with an itemized report you can see of which customer payments were received. A/R and revenue reports are updated automatically.
When you sign up for MuniBilling’s online payment services, your accounts receivable report is automatically updated every hour, and when the credit card, e-check or ACH payment clears, your revenue report is updated.
MuniBilling’s utility billing software makes it easy to set up and track your entity’s service orders with their fully-integrated system.
- Easily enter the details for a service order and assign it to a property. Input the property account number, date to perform service, service person assigned to the ticket, and any additional details.
- View service orders in queue at any time from a link in the MuniBilling software dashboard.
- Get reminders when service orders are due.
- Find available appointment times for a service order with the “View all Appointments on this Date” feature.
- The count of service orders due displays in the dashboard. When a service order is marked as “complete,” the service orders due is automatically decreased.
Reviews of Utility Billing Software Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use Utility Billing Software? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!