Utilit-e Connect is a customer information system and billing application that is capable of accommodating both large and small utilities. Connect has the strength, flexibility and scalability to go beyond simply meeting the needs of today’s business requirements.
The Billing module is capable of billing for a wide array of services such as: electric, water, sewer, propane, long distance telephone, Internet, cable, trash, security lights and loans. The Billing module allows you to generate a bill for a customer for any combination of services on their account. Charges can be calculated in many ways, thanks to the flexible rate structure setup.
Some key features and benefits of the Billing module include
- Flexible Modular Rate Structure - Billing amounts are calculated using an extensive array of methods of calculations. This allows you to add fixed charges, calculate fees based on fees, fees based on different services, fees based on tariffs, fees based on complex formulas, and fees based on start and stop dates.
- Statements - The standard statements generated in the Billing module are made in several formats. These formats include items such as rate code, previous and current reading, usage and number of days of service, amount due, total payments received since last statement, adjustments, due date, total by service address, and a breakdown of past due charges. In addition, messages can be printed on the statement as an overall company message, for a specific rate or revenue code, based on age of balance, budget customers or inactive accounts.
- Single Statement for Multiple Service Locations - The Billing module allows you to create one statement for services at several locations.
- Adjustments - In the Billing module, adjustment routines are segregated into several independent procedures; these procedures being: revenue adjustment, non-revenue adjustment, returned checks, payment reversal, balance transfers, and payment arrangements. This facilitates the separation of duties and assigning of various security levels to different users.
- Automated Adjustment Recalculation - The revenue adjustment procedure is utilized to make adjustments on permanent services (e.g. electric, water, sewer). The revenue adjustment program automatically calculates the adjustment based on the corrected parameters (e.g. rate, revenue code, reading, read date) entered.
The Customer Service module will completely handle your customer account management. In addition to managing all of your customer accounts, you can also create and view customer accounts in the Customer Service module. The Customer Service module also features a deep and effective inquiry system to help you find all the data you need.
Some of the Key Features and Benefits of the Customer Service Module include:
- Lookup Methods - You are able to find accounts by: account number, member number, service order number, driver’s license, social security number, phone number, name of any applicant on the account, mailing address, service address, location number, location coordinate, parcel identification number, service coordinate, reading route-sequence, meter number, meter serial number, transformer number, transformer serial number, or transformer location.
- Account at a Glance - The first screen you see after selecting an account is designed to give you a quick overview of the account; with the ability to drill-down to receive more information.
- Alerts - Alerts can be displayed on the ‘at a glance’ screen. Alerts come in the form of messages, pending orders, and disconnection due to nonpayment or meter tampering warnings.
- Unlimited Applicants per Account - Records can be kept for an unlimited number of people on each accounts. Additionally, each applicant can be associated with the account as the primary account holder, spouse, roommate, reference, business, partner, officer, etc. Applicant records can be tied to multiple accounts
- Statement History - Any statement on any account can be viewed or reprinted. Additionally, adjusted bills can be easily represented as well
- AR Balance - The AR (Accounts Receivable) Balance screen lists an account’s unpaid statements and the detail of the charges comprising those statements. The Summary of Charges and Payments screen provides a chronological breakdown of the charges and payments on an account.
- Delinquent History - For ease of interpretation a simple grid display of delinquent activity on an account provides a view of delinquent trends. Additionally, events can be associated with the generation of a statement, returned check, penalty notice, disconnect notice, write-off and many more.
- Usage History - The Customer Service module will maintain a complete usage history for every register of every meter. In the Customer Service module you are able to view actual usage history, showing every reading and adjustment.
The Service Order module supports several types of service orders: read-in, read-out, disconnect for nonpayment, reconnect, and meter change orders. You can choose to have service orders generated automatically or manually, within the Service Order module. Additionally, the Service Orders module allows you to define orders, such as ‘High Bill Complaints’ and ‘Tree Trimming Request’.
Some of the key features and benefits of the Service Order module, include:
- Service Order Wizard - The service order wizard will initiate and maintain your service orders. The wizard will walk your staff members through the entire order entry process. Depending on your companies needs you can turn on/off certain steps of the wizard process.
- Service Order Tracking - Service orders, tracked in the Service Order module, are maintained by storing a detailed record of the steps within each order that are completed, or are pending. Then the next individual or department needed to work on the project is notified when all prerequisite steps are completed so they can start their own respective steps.
- Credit Check - The Service Order module can verify a applicants credit history internally or externally.
- Landlords - The Service Order module will store a transactional history of landlords for a service location. The ‘auto landlord’ designation enables services to be left on when a tenant moves out. If ‘auto landlord’ is turned on, and there is not a tenant residing in the property, bills for services are directed to the landlord’s account.