SAP ERP (also referred to as SAP ECC) is an on-premise ERP system for larger enterprises. SAP ERP can work in any area across your operation, including manufacturing, procurement, sales, finance, HR, and more.
SAP ERP has been used in over 25 different industries and is available in 37 different languages
- Operational procurement: Spend analysis gives you a view into supplier relationships, performance, and risks.
- Contract management: Manage contracts and keep up with any needed changes.
- Invoice and payables: Automate data extraction to speed up the invoicing process.
- Analytics: Conduct analysis to monitor overall performance.
- Engineering: Create product strategies with detailed analysis
- Project control: Monitor the progress of projects from a financial perspective to allocate budgets, monitor spending, and avoid budget pitfalls.
- Production planning: Coordinate production at a high-level down to local levels based on work in process and current inventory levels
- Operations: Create shorter and predictable production cycles. Improve manufacturing execution and the use of available assets.
- Quality management: Ensure products last for their expected lifecycle
- Inventory and warehousing: Monitor stock levels and sync data with your procurement
- Maintenance management: Plan repairs on your assets with available materials and routine check-ups.
- Order Management: Monitor item pricing, available products, and customer information.
- Receivables: Manage customer accounts to improve collection of invoices.
- Agreement management: Store data on assets and equipment kept at customer sites and record service history as well as any contractual agreements
- Parts management: Take note of parts in use and connect with vendors for re-ordering purposes
- Operations: Request services and integrate with billing
- Time and attendance: Includes time tracking, absence management, and employee scheduling
- Payroll and benefits management: Calculate pay rates for employees based on time worked. Allow employees access to view pay stubs or to submit time off.
- Core accounting: Accounts payable, accounts receivable, and a general ledger
- Cost management: Creates reports to show profitability
SAP ERP is licensed on a perpetual named-user basis. SAP ERP can be run on a a subscription-based pricing model, but data will need to be stored on SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud or through a partner-managed cloud.
The price of SAP ERP also depends on the type of access required:
- Direct Human Access (User-based, priced per user license)
- SAP Application Access (no additional ERP license needed, provided ERP is otherwise licensed)
- Indirect/Digital Access (Outcome-based; uses a document license)