Architectural and engineering firms have a few unique things to consider when searching for an ERP software. Business size and project types should be taken into account to find the best solution. Here are the top 6 ERP software options for architectural engineering firms.
- Top ERP products for A/E include BQE Software, Deltek, and Unanet A/E.
- Consider factors like business size and primary project types before making your selection.
- Consider which integrations may be necessary.
6 Best Architectural Engineering ERP Software
- BQE Software
- Deltek Architecture/Vantagepoint/Costpoint
- Unanet ERP AE
- Autodesk BIM 360
Explore each option to find the right property management software for your needs:
1 BQE Core
Why We Chose It: BQE Core is based around project management. Technically a project management solution, this works as an ERP by automating many repetitive tasks which stops billable time from racking up too much. Any small to mid-size firm can benefit from this software to improve project management practices, but it might not suit large-scale enterprises.
BQE Core offers an à la carte pricing model so you only pay for what you need. Plans are priced either per user or year, depending on the exact one you pick. However, this pricing can make costs add up for larger firms.
2 Deltek Vantagepoint
Why We Chose It: Deltek is a project-based ERP for professional A/E and consulting firms. Along with many accounting and financial tools, it includes a customer relationship management (CRM) module to fully automate the lead-to-execution project life cycle. And the Services Estimating capabilities are particularly useful for simplifying labor and expense estimates when calculating project costs.
Another key tool Deltek offers A/E firms is Visualization to instantly discover trends and opportunities across their entire project portfolio. This module provides executive and project managers a simple display depicting project information about a firm’s entire business, such as status, trends and risks. A final advantage of Deltek is easy bi-directional integration with Microsoft Project so relevant information can be shared with either the Microsoft Project desktop or server.
3 Unanet ERP AE
Why We Chose It: Unanet ERP AE is specifically designed for architecture and engineering firms. Powered by Clearview, this ERP offers the business intelligence, financial tracking, and CRM tools necessary to accelerate firm growth. Usanet’s goal is to collect and turn real-time information into actionable insights to drive better decision-making and accelerate your firm’s growth.
Key features for A/E firms include:
- Project management
- Business intelligence (BI)
- Time and expense tracking
AR automation is available as an extra add-on to further streamline finances.
4 Unit4 Business World
Why We Chose It: Unit4 is a fully integrated role-focused ERP system, ideal for service-based organizations like A/E that need a broader range of core business functions in a single, unified system. Unit4 allows firms to be more agile by reducing time spent on manual administrative tasks.
Additionally, Unit4 ERP empowers firms to track project performance, manage change, and engage employees through bottom-up feedback mechanisms, enhancing project success rates and client satisfaction. With its global project management features and real-time reporting capabilities, Unit4 ERP enables architecture and engineering firms to optimize project portfolios, maximize resources, and improve revenue recognition.
5 Autodesk BIM 360
Why We Chose It: Autodesk is a unified BIM platform that effectively addresses the specific needs of A/E firms by connecting real-time data with project teams, enhancing collaboration, and streamlining decision-making processes. Its extensive integration options with various software categories, including design coordination, estimating, bid management, and accounting, ensure that it can seamlessly integrate into existing workflows, making it a versatile solution for architectural engineering businesses.
The BIM 360 mobile app provides on-the-go access to critical project documents, checklists, daily logs, and issues, empowering team members to stay connected and productive while in the field. This mobility and flexibility are essential for architectural and engineering firms working on construction projects.
Why We Chose It: Striven addresses the multifaceted needs of architectural engineering firms with accounting, CRM, project management, HR, and inventory management tools. Its cloud-based nature ensures accessibility from anywhere, fostering collaboration among project teams, which is crucial in the architectural and engineering industry where remote work and site visits are common.
Dedicated portals for external stakeholders such as vendors and customers enhances communication and transparency. This software is ideal for smaller to medium-sized architectural engineering businesses looking to upgrade from spreadsheets to a comprehensive ERP system.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an ERP for A/E
There are a few important things to remember when seeking an ERP specifically for A/E:
- Business size: The size of your firm and possible growth will directly influence your ERP selection. It’s crucial to choose a solution that can scale with the business. Small firms may want to start with more cost-effective solutions that can expand later as they grow. And larger firms need ERP software that can handle the complexity of their operations upfront.
- Project type: Different A/E project types often have unique workflows and requirements. An ERP system should offer customization options to adapt to these specific needs. It should also provide tools for effectively assigning and managing resources based on project type to ensure optimal project outcomes.
- Integrations: Since architecture and engineering firms often work with multiple tools for drafting, design, project management, and accounting, it’s important that the ERP system can integrate with existing software. Smooth flow of data between systems minimizes manual data entry, reduces errors from dual entries, and enhances productivity.
What is ERP Software for Architectural Engineering?
An ERP for architectural engineering ERP is a specialized software designed to help these types of firms manage projects, resources, finances, and other aspects of business operations. It integrates these various functions into a standardized system, streamlining operations and improving overall productivity.
An ERP for an architectural firm should include the following features:
- Project management
- Financial accounting
- Customer or client relationship management (CRM)
- Document management
- Reporting and analytics