The BI360 solution provides a complete reporting, budgeting and dashboard suite for Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, NAV, SL and CRM customers. It can also be used with other ERP systems, Sage X3, Sage 500, Sage 300, Intacct, Acumatica, Netsuite, SAP Business One, or it can stand alone. Because the solution comes with out-of-the-box integrations to Dynamics as well as pre-built report templates, it takes only a fraction of the time to implement compared to other BI suites. With the reporting and budgeting modules based on Microsoft Excel and the dashboard module based on Microsoft Silverlight, users have a completely Microsoft-based solution that takes minimal effort to learn and to maintain. The BI360 data warehouse module is built on the popular Microsoft SQL Server platform; therefore, information from any of your organization’s data sources can be centralized and made available for modeling, budgeting, reporting and dashboards. Using BI360, your management team can now help the organization create a performance-driven corporate culture supported by a world-class business intelligence suite.
BI360s budgeting module provides your organization with a very flexible, high value-added budgeting, forecasting and modeling solution without the typical long implementation and high software cost of other legacy planning solutions. Because of the user-friendly Excel-based interface, you can quickly adapt a budget model based on your existing Excel sheets; or you can completely re-engineer your process and input form layout based on your organizations changing requirements. There are also a number of pre-defined templates you can take advantage of to simplify and speed up the implementation.
BI360 BUDGETING FEATURES
- Choose from four types of Input Sheet methods: use the standard templates that come with BI360, customize the available BI360 templates, design your own Excel-based input forms with BI360, or insert BI360 formulas into your existing Excel model.
- Use budget input templates for proft and loss, balance sheet, cash flow, payroll, capital expenses, revenue, and projects.
- Design or use input templates for monthly forecasting and modeling.
- Allows for multi-year budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Very rich, analytical and easy to understand end-user environment.
- Line item detail feature allows for detailed multi-line input below any budget row (account row) without having to design sub-forms. Line item details will summarize and consolidate at the account level for total company budget and reporting purposes.
- User inputs directly to Excel or through Excel pop-up window with special budgeting features.
- Spreads totals based on numerous pre-defined formulas or creates budgets and forecasts from historical trends in seconds.
- Slider feature lets users automatically increase or decrease all amounts on a row by an entered percentage.
- Enter and store text comments at any level (cell, row, column, sheet) for later use with budget reports.
- Special reports or rules can be set up to automatically perform single- or multi-step allocations.
- Check-in and check-out features gives administrators a live status on all budget users that have started (or not started) and completed the budget process.
- Assignment menu lets the administrator set up and centrally manage input forms and related reports and documentation and deadlines by budget, forecast, or report process.
- Comes with workflow reports to monitor users and approval statuses during the budget process.
- Users can work offline where budget templates are distributed or online where they are connected live to the BI360 data warehouse.
- When data is saved by a user budgets are immediately available for approval/reporting.
- Audit trail automatically tracks UserID and date when budget amounts that are entered or changed. are.
- Live charting lets users discover trends and compare history to budgets while entering budgets.
- Historical actual or budget figures can be used as a baseline in any budget form and administrators can automatically copy entire budget versions (or actuals) into a new version or into a forecast.
- User access (security) is based on active directory and roles and provides the convenience of single-sign on for users and easy user management for administrators.
BI360 Collaboration is a fundamental shift in the way enterprises can analyze, discuss, and make decisions about their business. With Collaboration, you can interact with anyone in your organization, at any time, in any location, to jointly drive efficiency and performance in all areas of your business.
Social Report Library
With the Social Report Library, you can read and comment on reports through unified books that combine reports from any number of your organization’s reporting and BI tools, including BI360, SQL Reporting Services, and more. More importantly, you can locate reports by exploring timelines and searching the report library, then review new or historical discussions associated with those reports. And because the discussions and timelines can be tied in with your company’s strategic plans, it’s a powerful tool to help ensure that your current results are aligning with the overall business strategy.
BI360 Collaboration opens up and encourages productive discussions and commentary across locations, departments, functions, projects, resources—even devices—to ensure the right information reaches the right people, to make the right decisions. Team members can engage in open dialogue, resolve issues faster, and drastically improve productivity in an inclusive, collaborative manner.
Finding the right people to help resolve business issues is quick and easy with Collaboration’s powerful profile tool. Search for and review employee profiles to see if their expertise aligns with your needs. Find associated information that may connect you to additional key resources, and “follow” experts that share information of interest to you. What used to take days or weeks to align people, discussions, projects and tasks, now takes a matter of seconds.
How much time do people in your organization spend setting up and attending in-person meetings? Searching for data in endless e-mail trails? Trying to recall conversations? Aligning resources and expertise? With Collaboration, you’ll spend more time on the core competencies that drive your business and less time on the things that slow it down.
The BI360 Collaboration portal provides an out-of-the box dashboard that lets you monitor all the activities that are important to you: groups and discussions you subscribe to, tasks and workflows assigned to you, the hottest topics in the company—all on a single screen. Your dashboard also allows you to join new groups, add comments to ongoing discussions, update your profile and more. It provides a global view of all your critical information streams in one place—how you want it, where you want it.
BI360 collaboration features
- Discussions: Start conversations, update your status, ask questions, post a poll, share links and files or praise someone.
- Ideation: Post and vote on ideas within the organization.*?Great ideas bubble to the top by user votes. Comment and collaborate on the ideas.
- Project and Task Management: Collaborate on projects with internal and external users. Manage deliverables, time lines, files and more in one place.*
- Private & Public Groups: Create public, private and hidden groups with internal and external staff.
- External Networks: Invite customers, partners and other external resources to group or project conversations.
- Document Management: Import and comment on documents in the collaboration application. Share thoughts and ideas around the documents.
- In Depth Profile: Create rich profiles to make it easy for people to find experts within the organization.
- Workflows: Fully integrated with BI360 Planning, Workflows are used for Planning Approvals, Consolidations as well as other processes within the collaboration suite.
- Company Directory: Find and connect with people within the organization. Follow people, groups and project posts. Find people with similar expertise or interests.
- Search: Robust search features to find information that matters.*
- Business Intelligence: Integrated with the BI360 BI suite. Discuss financials and other information from the Reporting, Planning and dashboards. Collaborate on data from other BI solutions as well, such as SQL Reporting Services, FRx, etc.
- Integrations: Integrate with ERP data from systems like Microsoft Dynamics, Intacct, Sage X3 and MAS 500, SAP Business One and Epicor Prophet 21 as well as CRM systems and data warehouses to create complete insight from systems that matter.*
- Gamification: Encourage community involvement by awarding users for posting information, creating documents and other usage of the system. Users will be awarded badges and points, which will drive their overall collaboration score.
- Mobile: Connect, browse and update your collaboration community using your favorite mobile device (Phone or tablet).
BI360 dashboards are web-based and act as a unifying medium between two of an organization’s most important assets, its people and its data. BI360 dashboards help managers visualize trends and highlight exceptions to their key performance indicators. This vital information will better equip your organization’s personnel to identify issues, make decisions, and drive success.
BI360 DASHBOARD FEATURES
BI360 provides real-time or near-real time dashboards on top of the BI360 data warehouse or real-time dashboards on your Microsoft Dynamics system. Metrics from other data sources (spreadsheets, etc ) can also be included.
- BI360s dashboard designer module features a rich set of graphical components (such as gauges, trend charts, bar charts, pie charts, maps, thermometers, scorecards, text comments, etc.) that allows virtually any dashboard requirement to be met.
- Power users use the dashboard designer module to pre-define various dashboard layouts for managers with different analytical requirements.
- Individualized dashboards can be designed on-the-fly by end-users themselves by simply dragging and dropping pre-linked graphical components onto the screen. Power users set up a library of dashboard components (reports, graphs) for users to choose from.
- Powerful alerts automatically monitor business rules against thresholds and send out messages with KPIs and charts to designated managers.
- Lightweight server-based dashboard delivery ensures minimal downtime and greater maintainability.
- Dashboards can be viewed both through Microsoft SharePoint and stand alone in your Web browser.
- Dashboards can also be pushed out mobile phones as PDF files.
- Based on Microsofts Silverlight platform.
- Support for OLAP as well as transactional data sources.
The BI360 data warehouse is a next generation pre-configured and customizable data warehouse based on the world-leading Microsoft SQL Server platform. Every mid-sized and large organization with many in-house or cloud-based data sources will strongly benefit from a central data warehouse where all of their key data can be stored and made available for consolidated reporting, analysis and dashboards. Until now, planning and implementing data warehouses has been complex, expense and risky projects, often with mediocre results. Finally, a data-warehouse priced for the mid-market! With BI360s data warehouse, you can implement in days or weeks instead of months or years, and at a fraction of the cost and risk of a traditional build-from-scratch data warehouse project. BI360 will better equip your organization’s personnel to identify challenges or issues, make timely decisions, and drive success.
BI360 DATA WAREHOUSE FEATURES
- Built on Microsoft SQL Server platform and can integrate to virtually any database or file-based data source.
- Extensible design enables non-technical users to literally expand the capabilities of the warehouse by adding new dimensions as well as the ability to add new attributes to the dimensions and transaction tables.
- User-friendly, non-technical administrative interface allows business people to manage the data warehouse including inserting new dimension members, managing attributes to empower better reporting, running scripts to manipulate data, etc.
- User-friendly menus based on Microsoft Excel ribbon and Microsoft Outlook menu bar navigation concept provides easy viewing and filtering of data and dimensions in the data warehouse.
- Data and dimensions from data sources can be scheduled for automatic import or you can perform one-time or occasional import through user-friendly file import menus.
- Pre-defined modules and dimensions for data from your general ledger, payables, receivables, projects, fixed assets, sales and more, as well as user-defined modules for any other data source and dimensions you need for your data warehouse.
- Data and dimensions can be easily imported from or exported to Excel.
- Comes with out-of-the box integration to the BI360 Excel-based report writer and to Composer, the BI360 ad-hoc query tool.
- Serves as the budget database for the BI360 budgeting and modeling module.
- Aggregation function that can consolidate detail transactions to optimize reporting performance and KPI calculations.
- Allows for integration of custom SQL scripts.
- Export or import business rules in XML format.
- Advanced currency conversion engine.
- Pre-built exchange rate table where rates can be entered or automatically be imported from the ERP database or from the web.
- If desirable for a project, Microsoft Analysis Services OLAP cubes are easily configured on top of the data warehouse.
Being able to quickly create various relevant scenarios with what-if analysis can be one of the most strategically valuable tools available to business executives in order to support their decision-making process. BI360s Excel-based budgeting module combined with the report writer provides for powerful modeling capabilities to give you the ability to quickly simulate virtually any scenario of importance to the business.
BI360 MODELING FEATURES
- Utilizing BI360s Excel-based budgeting module with simulation templates or user-defined templates
- Special break-back template available for profit simulation. Set profit target and BI360 will automatically break it back into the revenues and expenses required to attain the profit target. In addition, any row in the template can be frozen, increased or decreased. Similar templates can be designed for any other type of target-driven simulation.
- Project, product and customer profitability simulation with associated cost allocations.
- Cash flow forecast model allows for simulation of cash flow. Cash flow report is automatically generated based on profit and loss and balance sheet input forms that contain assumptions and drivers for items like receivables and payables.
- Store text comments with simulation data for later retrieval and use with reports.
- Live charting provides additional analytical functionality.
- Unlimited number of simulation scenarios can be stored in the BI360 data warehouse and made available for reporting and dashboards.
- Historical actual or budget figures can be used as a baseline in any simulation form and administrators can automatically copy entire budget versions (or actuals) into a new scenario version.
- Quick implementations can be done by linking to the organizations existing Excel models.
BI360s modern Excel-based report writer offers predefined templates as well as user-defined reports running live on the Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, NAV, SL and CRM databases. The report writer can also be used with the BI360 data warehouse as well as with other in-house or cloud-based databases. Using an Outlook-style interface in Excel, users can drag and drop to create complete financial statements or operational reports without ever having to manual key in a single formula. The result is professionally presented in Microsoft Excel, or PDF, and users can refresh reports on-demand and drill down to detail thus eliminating the need to prepare and distribute report books. The combination of standard Microsoft Excel features and powerful BI360 business rules makes it possible to develop any number of report layouts and business logic, from simple sub-ledger reports to advanced financial statements to KPI-reports. A single report can access multiple companies and databases to consolidate information and automate BI processes.
BI360 REPORTING FEATURES
- Supports Microsoft Excel 2003, Microsoft Excel 2007, and Microsoft Excel 2010.
- Reports are launched from either an intranet site, a webpage, from within your ERP system or locally from your PC as standard Microsoft Excel files. When launched, reports automatically connect to the database through web services.
- Reports are available both as pre-defined templates or business users can design their own reports with the ease of drag-and-drop configuration. Any flavor of report can be designed, including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow, sales, HR, project, AR, AP, fixed assets, inventory, KPIs and much more.
- Tree builder allows users to create and maintain a centralized set of dimension, account hierarchies for example, that can automatically drive reports that will virtually eliminate manual maintenance of report definitions. Trees can be dragged and dropped into reports to create profit & loss and balance sheet reports in minutes instead of hours.
- Drill-down to detail from any amount in any report to quickly find the underlying reason for variances and exceptions.
- End-users can customize and save their own versions of the standard reports supplied by the organization.
- Reports parameters in the Microsoft Excel task panel make the reports highly dynamic and flexible. One report could easily serve many purposes just by changing parameter values.
- One single report can be connected to multiple ERP modules or databases, making it easy to set up automated reconciliation reports, KPI reports and flash reports.
- Easily consolidates many companies, divisions or departments to produce consolidated financial statements. Used with the BI360 data warehouse it is also an excellent tool to automate mergers and acquisitions processes where data from multiple ERP systems and other data sources needs to be consolidated and reported on.
- Advanced currency conversion offered with the use of average, closing, historical, and user-defined rate conversion methods.
- Integrated with the BI360 Composer tool, allowing any business user the ability to design an ad-hoc query report in just a few minutes and be able to convert it to a formatted BI360 Excel-based report.
- User access (security) is based on active directory roles and provides the convenience of single-sign on for users and easy user management for administrators.
- Reports can also be pushed out to mobile phones as PDF files or Excel attachments.
Reviews of BI360 Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use BI360? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!