FDM4 ERP apparel wholesale distribution and Ecommerce software solutions have been installed at apparel companies with users ranging from 20 to over 1000 licenses and annual revenues of $5,000,000 plus.
The FDM4 ® Accounts Payable module manages disbursements including cash requirements planning and daily voucher and payment processing.
The FDM4 ® Accounts Payable module can be integrated with the other FDM4 ® modules or used by itself.
- Voucher Entry/Adjustment procedures
- Debit Memo Entry/Adjustment procedures
- Recurring payable creation and posting procedures
- Manual and automatic check run payment procedures
- Check cancellation functionality
- Check reconciliation procedures
- Aged reporting of outstanding payables
- Fully integrated with Purchasing module to allow for easy creation of payables for good purchased and received from a vendor
- Automatic Debit Memo creation flag that will allow Debit Memos to be created automatically on the Vendor’s account when goods are returned
- A/P Sub-ledger is fully integrated with the G/L system for transaction posting
- Designed to allow user to select vouchers for payment in a timely manner as to allow the company to take advantage of any discounts that are extended from the Vendor for early payment
- Intelligent selection of vouchers for payment based on user selected criteria
- Voucher Entry allows for use of cost centers for breakdown of expenses by Responsibility center when transactions are posted to the G/L Module
- Purchase Order matching procedure within Voucher Entry/Adjustment allows for easy creation of payables for goods received
- Multiple vouchers can be created for goods received off a single Purchase Order
The FDM4® Accounts Receivable module is used to enter and track customers, invoices, cash receipts, and customer credit and payment history.
Both balance forward and open item accounts can be managed.
The FDM4® Accounts Receivable module can be integrated with other FDM4® modules or used independently.
- Invoice Entry/Adjustment procedures
- Credit Memo Entry/Adjustment procedures
- Recurring receivable creation and posting procedures
- A/R Aging reporting for account management
- Cash Receipt batch procedures
- Customer Statement run procedures to automatically generate statements of Customer’s Receivables based on aging
- Ability to calculate interest on overdue receivables and automatically charge the interest to the Customer’s Account
- Fully integrated with the FDM4 Order Entry system. Invoices generated that result from Customer Orders are automatically reflected on the Customer’s Account in the A/R module
- A/R sub-ledger transactions are automatically posted to the G/L module when the update procedure is run
- Collection of Overdue Receivables procedure allows the end user to target those receivables that are in need of collection in setting user defined criteria. The program allows for collection calls to Customers, and the ability to flag certain receivables for follow-up.
- A/R Account Inquiry program will allow the end user to inquire on open/closed receivables to view transaction history, print an aging report for the selected Customer only, select invoices to be re-printed and/or faxed directly to the Customer from the workstation, all from a single inquiry screen
- All transactions viewed in the A/R module will allow the end user to view the resulting G/L postings without having to exit the A/R module
- Customer Account information is kept until such a time that the end user wishes to purge the files from the A/R module
- Full contact information can be kept on each individual Customer.
CRM/Sales Force Automation
PROFIT$ is a software package which provides the tools to increase sales and productivity, streamline business procedures, and provide a better overall account management.
PROFIT$ is designed to support the entire team giving way to greater communication and sharing of information.
PROFIT$ has important tools and benefits for everyone working with prospects or existing customers.
- Multi-user functionality built to support the entire team of users
- Distributed processing/replication amongst or between operating system environments
- Relational database structure - written in PROGRESS, a 4th generation RDBMS
- Unlimited companies, contacts, activities, memos, and user definable fields
- Pop-up reference tables with built-in line validation
- Built-in security and permissions to support access and ownership
- Auto event generation to support your organizations’ selling methodologies cycle
- Opening and closing activity status notification
- Fax Software support - for use in auto faxing of information
- Import/Export Utility - ability to import ASCII delimited files
- Calendar/Tickler File/Appointment Book w/conflict scheduling
- Quotation Worksheets with copy quote capability and unlimited line items
- Direct mail fulfillment with source and literature tracking
- Relationship and competitor tracking
- Questionnaires feature with unlimited questionnaires and unlimited questions
- Reporting with a flexible selection criteria utility - allows for multiple entries per field
- Activity inquiry feature and more
The FDM4 ® General Ledger module can be used by itself for general journal entries, or can receive updates to account balances from the other FDM4 ® software modules.
Unlimited departmental performance analysis is possible because the FDM4 ® chart of accounts and your organizational roll-up hierarchy are defined independently.
- Journal Voucher Entry/Adjustment
- Standard Journal Voucher creation and posting procedures
- Automated updating of transaction entries from sub-ledgers to the G/L in a batch procedure
- International currency
- Custom Financial Report builder
- User of centers in financial reporting and inquiries
- Summary or detailed transaction posting inquiries
- Accrual-based accounting functionality
- Fully integrated across all modules under the FDM4 umbrella
- Ability to create and maintain multiple budgets
- Financial budgeting procedures that can be integrated into financial reports and inquiries to allow for comparison with actual
- Month and Year-End closing procedures
- Inquiry exists in the G/L module that is specifically geared toward viewing postings to the G/L by Responsibility center for transactions that are posted from the sub-ledgers
- Fixed and variable amount distribution
- Unlimited G/L memo lines
- Multiple and unlimited comments within each general journal entry
- Unlimited number of preliminary month end and year end closes
- 12 or 13 accounting periods
- View summary or detail account analysis
- View two year monthly account and YTD info
- Prevention of direct posting to control accounts
- Automatic distribution of monthly expenses to specific G/L accounts across numerous cost centers
- Budgeting function works in conjunction with the budget versions and unlimited number of budget distribution codes which can be used in conjunction with an unlimited number of cost centers
The FDM4 ® Inventory Control module is updated by the FDM4 ® Purchase Order and FDM4 ® Order Entry modules as inventory is received into and sold from multiple warehouses.
FDM4 ® Inventory Control module is used to make direct adjustments to warehouse stock balances and costs, to transfer and configure items, and to perform physical inventory counts.
- Allocation Maintenance by Item or by Order
- Inventory Adjustment procedures
- Inventory Cost Adjustment procedures for updating costs layers for items created for goods purchased and vouchered.
- Inventory physical count procedures
- Multiple Price category capability for item pricing setup. This would allow the company to utilize multiple price lists (e.g., wholesales and retail) when pricing items. The Price category is set on the Customer’s account, therefore, when the Customer places the order, the price category will determine what price list they will have their orders priced from.
- Within each price category, each item can have up to 10 different price levels set. The price levels can be used to set quantity breaks for Customers ordering a certain volume of goods, or can be used to set levels that the Customer will receive. The level will be determined by the Customer Price Code level file that is set up for the customer in the reference files.
- Calculation procedure to allow automatic update of item pricing based on user defined formulas
- Extensive reporting and inquiry functionality
- All inventory is updated in real-time when goods are received or shipped out since the inventory control module is fully integrated with the Order Entry and Purchasing Modules
- Inventory Control Module is also fully integrated with the General Ledger modules, therefore all G/L postings resulting from movement of inventory is reflected in the G/L once the update procedures are run to post the sub-ledgers to the G/L.
- Ability to handle items that are:
- Lot Numbered
- Decimal Quantities
Order Processing & Fulfillment
The FDM4 ® Order Entry & Invoicing module is a comprehensive system for quoting, entering, shipping, and invoicing customer orders. This module can be used alone or integrated with other FDM4 ® modules.
During order entry, you can review stock balances, suggest substitute items, and offer various pricing options all in an interactive mode from one screen.
- Order Entry/Adjustment procedures
- Shipment creation procedures
- Manual or automatic creation of invoices for orders previously shipped. The invoice generation procedure can be set up as a batch procedure to run nightly to create invoices and update the Customer’s Accounts Receivable account
- Full Order Approval system
- Customer return authorization and receipt procedures
- Backorder Maintenance procedure. This functionality will allow the end user to manage backorders that exist for a specific customer. The procedure will list all of the outstanding backorders by Customer that exist in the system. The procedure will allow the user to update the following information on these orders without having to call up each individual order: Warehouse the goods are being shipped from, the order quantity, and the price that the Customer is going to receive for the items on the order in question.
- Full Commission procedures for automatic calculation of commissions owing salespersons from Orders entered. The Commissions procedure allows the end user to calculate, approve and release commissions for payment.
- Full Customer Credit checking procedures. The O/E control file will allow the company to set up ýrulesý which will determine which Orders will be released for shipping automatically, and which Orders will be held for approval prior to the shipping procedures. Each Customer is set up with a Credit Level, which is the first stage of the checking procedure. There are 5 different levels: Level 1 Customers never require approval, Level 5 Customers always require approval, Levels 2 through 4 will require approval depending on the total outstanding receivables in the A/R module, the total of all outstanding orders, minus any Payments recorded for the Customer. The criteria for those Customers sitting at Levels 2 through 4 are set on the O/E control file
- O/E Module is fully integrated in real-time with the Accounts Receivable and Inventory Control modules
The FDM4® Purchase Order module manages the planning, ordering, and receiving of inventory into one or more warehouses.
This module also facilitates the returning of inventory to a vendor.
The FDM4® Purchase Order can be used by itself or in conjunction with other FDM4® modules.
- Purchase Order creation and adjustment procedures
- Purchase Order receiving procedures
- Vendor Return authorizations and shipping procedures
- Purchase Order Approval System
- Proposed Purchase Order system that will suggest quantities of items that require purchasing based on the Item’s On Hand quantity minus any Committed Values plus any On Order quantities. This value is compared with the Item’s Desired Instock Quantity, and if it falls below this quantity, the system will suggest the user purchase the item up to the desired quantity. The system will create Purchase Orders that can be adjusted for each of these items for the Primary Vendor that is set up on the Item’s Master file.
- System handles the ability to specify the ýMultiple purchase quantityý that must be used when goods are being purchased from a Vendor.
- Intelligent Purchasing procedures that utilize the principles of Gordan Graham when suggesting quantities for Purchasing.
- Purchasing Module is fully integrated with the Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, General Ledger, and Order Entry modules.
- Receiving of goods purchased is completed in real-time, in other words, the goods are available for sale, and are reflected in the inventory balances that are displayed in the Order Entry screen as soon as the goods have been fully received in the system.
- Accommodates Just In Time purchasing according to Gordon Graham
- Ability to set purchase parameters
- Categorizing of POs as: vendor, standing, proposed, and quotes
- Specify special ýship-toý address for drop shipments
- Standing POs are a template of a common order to a vendor
- Multiple costs per individual vendor for the same item with lead time by vendor by item
- Inquiries and custom reports on new and existing POs
- Detail PO audit
- Reports vendor voucher/ PO variances by warehouse
The FDM4 ® Sales Analysis module allows the tracking of sales by customer, by order, by item, by date, by period, and by year.
All the sales analysis information incorporates date of sale, invoice number, order number, sales revenue, cost of goods, and margin. Sales statistics are also readily available by salesperson, by customer, and by gross margin.
- Update procedures that will allow the user to create the summary files from the detailed sales transactions that are used in various reports and inquiries throughout the system. The update procedures will allow the user to run, or set up in a batch procedure to run automatically, Customer, Item, and Vendor summary update procedures.
- Sales Inquiries that can be viewed from a Customer, or an Inventory perspective.
- Sales reports that can view the sales by Customer, Inventory, or Salesman.
- All analysis reports may be printed to a printer or to a screen
- Rebatable sales report
- Sales commission reports by salesman identifying whether the individual invoices have been partially paid, paid in full, or not paid at all
- Pay commission option will allow commissions to be calculated and paid for only those customer invoices that have been paid in full or on various other types of criteria
- Multiple commissions based on product classes, etc.
- Sales representatives gross margin dollar percentage by month and YTD
- Various options of calculating commissions are available including split commissions
- Low sales margin report by user defined by low margin percentage within any date range
- Displays sales in quantities and dollars by item for the current 12 or 13 months in the current year or for previous years
The FDM4® Work Order module is designed to allow companies to manage a repair shop in the most efficient manner. The tracking of various information within the Work Order module can be used to make informed management decisions.
The Work Order module also has the ability to determine core status and perform core charge tracking.
- Core Management
- Purchase date
- Vendor’s invoice number
- Invoice date
- Serial number core tracking
- Date customer returned core
- Date core serial number returned to vendor
- Reason for return
- System handles core returns immediately or at a later date
- System creates customer return authorization automatically
- System creates return shipment and credit memo automatically
- System auto applies credit memos against the invoice
- Core pricing
- System will allow the entry of the serialized core along with unlimited comment lines