This product is no longer available for purchase, though support is still available. Explorer Software recommends you consider Explorer Eclipse as an alternative.
Improve your odds for a successful bid
Increase the accuracy and speed of your job cost estimating , and produce the kinds of estimates that win jobs. With Explorer TrackPoint, you can produce more estimates in less time than ever before. More estimates tendered means more bids won, it’s that simple. With the first successful estimate, Explorer TrackPoint will pay for itself.
Greater accuracy with less effort
Building an accurate, professional estimate has never been faster - even for complex jobs involving dozens of subtrades. Design using the integrated Explorer CADD module, then do price takeoffs directly from the 2-D or 3-D CADD drawings. Instantly add or remove parts and assemblies for easier comparisons. Pull up to date cost data from such industry standard databases as R.S. Means Cost Data, Richardson Engineering Services, ALPRISER and Trade Services. Explorer TrackPoint’s pre-compiled cost databases get your estimate started immediately, with item lists, pre-built formulas, assemblies and headings.
Multiple user system lets your estimating team work together
With Explorer TrackPoint, everyone can work on the same database - even the same screen - simultaneously. Everyone can input and edit their information at the same time. Subtrade quotes are quickly compared - the built-in intelligence of the Bid Target option stacks up the various factors and instantly determines the low bid.
Work breakdown structures add flexibility
Once the estimate is prepared, use the Work Breakdown Structure to view or print the estimate in the order, and with the level of detail, that you require. There are ten categories, each with an unlimited number of codes.
Include graphics and photos in your estimate
For a professional touch, you can even embed photographs or CADD drawings in reports.
Integrated with Explorer Construction Accounting Software
When you’ve won the contract, download your estimate into your ExplorerExplorer Pivot or Explorer Axis construction accounting solution. Explorer Pivot and Explorer Axis use the cost factors, etc. as a starting point for their project costing.
Quick to learn easy to use
Explorer TrackPoint has the look and feel of an MS Office application - office staff will have little or no difficulty getting up to speed. It will fit right into your suite of Windows software: data files are compatible with MS BackOffice, Lotus, Excel, Crystal Reports and other standard applications.
- Unlimited views of project costs, labor and material breakdowns.
- View the estimate via ten work breakdown structures-up to five different breakdowns at a time, in any order.
- Use the executive summary view to see the complete estimate, add special equipment, material, labor, supervision, living out allowances, taxes, overhead, profit and bonds-right down to the detail level.
- Use drag & drop to quickly add or remove parts and assemblies from the estimate.
- Use your digitizer for takeoffs and project area drawings to ensure complete measurements.
- Use the parts browser to search through book and catalog databases for parts and assemblies to produce cost estimates.
- Explorer trackpoint remembers where each part came from and all its associated costs.
- Cost-adjust for over 130 cities in US and Canada with city cost indexes.
- With the click of a mouse, choose standard or open shop labor rates, single trade or crews, with or without equipment.
- Compare multiple subtrade bids to evaluate the true lowest bids.
- Use the multiple user feature to speed up subtrade bid deadlines: everyone in the office can enter bids at the same time, while the Bid Target option instantly calculates the lowest bids for best optimization.
- Centralize your documents for easy storage and retrieval.
- Eliminate redundant paper trails and simplify filing.
- Control document changes.
- Access the controlled documents from any Explorer software.
- E-mail documents conveniently in standard format.
Reviews of TrackPoint Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use TrackPoint? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!