Automate the Purchasing Effort to Save Time and Money.
On-Line Intelligent Wizard For Employee Purchase Requisitions. ePurchase is a web-enabled Purchase Requisition Form entry system that is a companion to the GCAS Government Cost Accounting System software used by companies that do business with the Federal Government.
ePurchase allows staff employees and consultants to create Purchase Requisitions for desired items using a secure Question & Answer Wizard entry form on the company’s web site.
- ePurchase is a web-enabled Purchase Requisition Form entry system that is a companion to the GCAS Government Cost Accounting System software used by companies that do business with the Federal Government. ePurchase allows staff employees and consultants to create Purchase Requisitions for desired items using a secure Question & Answer Wizard entry form on the company’s web site.
- The wizard uses simple easy-to-understand, non-accounting terms to capture the information required for later generation of a Purchase Order. Valid responses for each entry are controlled by popup and dropdown windows. When saved by the user, the entered data automatically creates a Purchase Requisition (PR) in the GCAS accounting system that can later be edited/ approved by a supervisor and if necessary edited by purchasing and/or accounting personnel. The final approved Purchase Requisition is then automatically converted into a Purchase Order and transmitted to the selected vendors to procure the desired items. The user can verify all entries prior to submission for further approval and processing by supervisor, accounting and purchasing.
- Capture all the necessary data to generate a PO
The Process & Nine simple steps to create a Purchase Requisition, PR
- Entry into the ePurchase web link is password/ PIN protected and all data transactions are encrypted for added security.
- The on-line wizard automatically creates a default PR number constructed from the staff ID and count of prior PRs entered by the user. This default numbering scheme can be replaced with your own proprietary company numbering convention.
- You may select candidate vendors from the list of vendors currently found in the GCAS accounting system or enter details you may have on one or more vendors to be considered for this purchase.
- A default list of Advice Options are provided to allow you to decide the criteron to be used by Purchasing for selecting the best price for the product purchase. A selection of other than the lowest bidder requires an explanation.
- A Parts Master database is provided for frequently ordered items such as supplies or legitimate parts in a mechanical assembly. The quantity required, expected price and inspection/certification requirements are also specified.
- Multiple shipment/delivery schedules are defined.
- All accounting detail needed to describe the purchase are optional. The GCAS accounting system provides dropdown lists of valid projects, tasks, departments and account numbers. A limited set of valid accounts are provided to help characterize the expense. The accounts are further filtered to match the selected project and all entries are user-optional.
- Special instructions and requirements for the purchase such as special testing, certifications, QA standards, Government priority, shipment details, vendor terms, etc. are all specified.
- The wizard concludes with a summary report showing the created PR.