Designed for business users, Pivotier BIZ is easy, fast and colorful embedded reporting in both classic and role-tailored interfaces for Microsoft Dynamics NAV, without the need for experts to generate updates and small tweaks to your standard reports.
End-users have been struggling for a decade or more to easily get reports from their NAV data. The ability to see all fields from C/SIDE tables has required advanced programming, has been almost impossible, or has required expensive external analytical or reporting applications.
Pivotier uses the power of the latest – and true - Microsoft reporting technologies like Report Definition Language (RDL) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to empower non-technical users to extract information from Dynamics NAV. And you can use Pivotier with SQL Server database versions for Dynamics NAV 4.x or newer in your familiar Classic or Role-tailored NAV user interface.
Empowering NAV End-Users
Pivotier empowers end-users of Dynamics NAV to design and run their own reports because:
- Data is easier for end users to understand with predefined queries (i.e. data sets)
- Complex font formatting functionality is possible with a few mouse-clicks
- The most modern Microsoft reporting technologies are used with older database versions
- Data visualization is made possible with the ability to add charts and graphical indicators
- Your organization’s data is secured by respecting your NAV roles and permissions
- Report access is available to “casual” users via the web using SSRS
In short, Pivotier delivers the best Microsoft reporting technologies in a familiar user experience at a low cost. Why wait for future releases with vaguely defined features when you can enjoy the best of Microsoft reporting today?
How it Works?
- Pivotier queries are defined by IT or power users to handle the joining of tables and fields. Queries handle the interpretation of NAV flowfields and other data nuances automatically by generating Transact SQL statements at run-time. Queries also provide a level of data security and optimization of data reads to your SQL Server database.
- End-users define ad-hoc reports within Dynamics NAV using EITHER the Classic or Role-Tailored (i,e, NAV 2009) user interface and select fields from pre-defined queries. The query definition greatly simplifies the user experience by eliminating the need for end-users to understand complex data relationships within the NAV database.
- Calculated columns, graphical data indicators and charts can be added with a few mouse-clicks to generate rich, colorful and visually stunning reports.
- Reports can be shared with other users in the enterprise using NAV security roles.
- Reports can also be published to Excel, PDF or to SSRS.
Reviews of Pivotier BIZ Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use Pivotier BIZ? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!