Service Dispatch, Job Costing and Accounting software for Windows and Unix operating systems. Includes Service Dispatch, Job Costing, AIA Billing, Digital Paging, PO Faxing, Data Archiving and full accounting modules.
The Accounts Payable system improves cash flow management by providing invoice entry and editing to check reconciliation and printing. The system ensures that available discounts are taken, maximizing allocation of cash resources.
Entry and Inquiry
- Prevent the entry of duplicate vendor invoices.
- Distribute expenses to pre-defined accounts automatically.
- View paid or unpaid invoices by vendor with the Vendor Inquiry.
- Control payments to a vendor by placing one or all invoices on hold.
- Track discounts and due dates automatically to avoid missing early pay opportunities or paying late fees.
- Store memos with automatic date, time, and author stamping.
- Create recurring payables automatically for rent, car loans and bank notes.
- Enter a date to project the cash needed to pay due invoices.
- Track outstanding, cleared, or voided checks with Check Reconciliation.
- Allow multiple checking accounts and convert foreign currencies.
- Enter and print a manual check for new or existing invoices when needing immediate payment such as COD shipments or one-time vendors.
- Void a check and optionally reinstate the invoices.
- Purchases and payments are automatically updated to the General Ledger system.
- Automatically updates job related costs into the Job Cost system.
- Invoices entered through Purchasing appear as open invoices in Accounts Payable.
- Run a Vendor Analysis report to show current and previous year invoice and payment history.
- Print an ageing by general ledger date to help with auditing, or by invoice or due date to monitor future cash outlay.
- Print 1099’s automatically for any vendor.
- Print monthly distributions of expenses with the General Ledger Account Distribution.
The Accounts Receivable package allows you to effectively control and manage receivables. On-line entry, editing, invoice posting, credit memos and receipts provide a clear and accurate financial picture.
- Pinpoint problem customers by listing all outstanding receivable balances in 4 user-defined aging periods.
- Print monthly statements with remittance advice that the customer can tear off and return with the payment. The return slip insures that the payment is credited to the right account.
- Record pertinent collection notes for each customer (such as ‘promises to pay by 10/7’).
- Print by salesperson, customer classes, and Accounts Receivable date to assist in collections.
- Change the ageing days spread as needed.
- Print detailed or summary ageing reports.
- Update the system at your convenience when applying payments made on account to specific invoices.
- Apply cash received to individual invoices or to the individual customer account. The system automatically applies cash to the oldest invoices, and allows editing as needed.
- Place an outstanding credit memo on existing invoices.
- Adjust invoice amounts as needed such as bad debt write-offs, shipping charges, NSF checks, etc.
- Generate transaction register and deposit slips.
- Integrated with the Service Management, Job Cost, and General Ledger packages.
- Update Accounts Receivable automatically from Service Management and Contract Billing, with appropriate summary figures forwarded to the General Ledger.
Access customer account status, transactions, current balance, invoice adjustments, and credit memos.
- Specify which customers will receive statements regularly, periodically, or not at all.
- Apply service charges and define percentage on a customer-by-customer basis.
- Optionally exclude zero or credit balance accounts.
- Optionally include aged totals on statements.
- Merge old detail into a single balance forward transaction based upon a cutoff date.
- List and total outstanding amounts based on each customer’s paying habits, to help you plan and regulate your company’s cash flow more accurately with the Expected Cash Flow report.
- Print a Sales Tax report.
- Print a Deposit Slip.
- Use Invoicing for over-the-counter parts sales with an interface to Inventory Control.
- Generate invoices for other charges not billed by the service department, or contract billing systems.
The General Ledger system not only simplifies the entire accounting procedure, but also produces financial reports that can help you examine your financial status in detail. General Ledger can prepare financial statements within minutes, giving a complete financial picture of the company whenever the need arises.
- Integrate with all other financial applications including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll.
- Interface with all CONTRAC2 accounting processes such as Inventory Control, Job Cost, and Service Management.
- Accept transactions from these applications through the automatic posting feature.
- Control updating to any given month in the current or previous fiscal year. The user is never ýlocked outý of posting and can print previous financial statements.
- Accounting periods need not coincide with calendar months, and may either be a 12 or 13-month fiscal year. This is especially useful for those companies whose accounting periods follow a four-week cycle rather than a monthly cycle.
- Retain all detailed transactions for up to two full years. They can be summarized to conserve disk space and processing time.
- Updating out-of-balance journals is not allowed.
- Generate recurring journal entries automatically for selected frequency and duration.
- Create reversing journal entries for subsequent periods (accrual entries).
- Dual-Year Capability allows two fiscal years to be open, permitting processing in the new year to continue while the final year-end closing figures are being gathered.
- Process transactions for independent companies.
- Combine financial reports from multiple companies if needed.
- Isolate branch and departmental income statements with special sorting.
- Analyze entries with an on-demand report or inquiry for any account or range of accounts.
- A Journal Proof Listings report makes sure all debits equal credits before updating accounts.
- Generate an up-to-the-minute balance sheet or income statement in your choice of five different standard layout.
- Create custom financial statement formats or select standard formats.
- Standard Balance Sheet formats include:
- Current Year Balances or
- Current Balances with Budget Comparison
- Standard Income Statement formats include:
- Current Period and Year-to-Date Amounts with Percentage of Sales,
- Current Period and Year-to-Date Amounts with Budgeted Comparisons, and
- Current Period and Year-to-Date Amounts with Previous Period and Year-to-Date Comparisons.
The Inventory Control system maximizes your inventory investment by maintaining inventory records more efficiently and economically. The Inventory Control system integrates with the Service Management, Job Cost, and Purchasing systems, as well as many third party Flat Rate Pricing Services.
- Update and track inventory automatically in each warehouse and/or truck with each transaction.
- Maintain accurate inventory control data such as lead time, safety stock, order point and order quantity at any given point in time.
- Align internal part numbers with those of manufacturers, supply houses and pricing services. The correct part in inventory is updated through billing and Purchasing.
- Track serial numbers on equipment through Purchasing and ultimately Job History. This ensures that warranty information is correctly maintained.
- Analyze stock levels on any truck or warehouse in real time.
- Material and cost allocation from inventory appears immediately on Job Cost reports.
- Reflect cost of materials on purchase orders and automatically update the average cost.
- Restock the technician’s bin the same day and print complete inventory breakdowns without having to wait for the technician’s paperwork.
- Print labels for warehouse and truck inventory bins. Label information includes part number, description, product group and vendor number.
- Inventory Inquiry lists part information by location including quantity on-hand, on-order, allocated, last date received and issued.
- Inventory Analysis provides average cost, actual sale, and profit margins by part number.
- Stock Status determines parts to be ordered for a specific location. Analyze quantity on-hand against minimum/maximum stock levels required for individual parts.
- Inventory Restocking report interfaces with the Service Billing, Purchasing, and Inventory Control to track and restock inventory used by field technicians.
- Costed Inventory analyzes average monthly usage, month-to-date usage, year-to-date usage, quantity on-hand average cost, and extended cost information by part number.
- Physical Count report prints physical inventory sheets containing the location number, part number/description for entry of actual on-hand quantities.
Flat Rate System
- Easily setup and maintain a Bill of Materials file for flat rate pricing tasks or flat rate job numbers to reference parts required to complete a job.
- Create and maintain your own flat rate jobs, or use one of the popular Flat Rate Pricing Services.
- Enter flat rate task/job in either work order entry or Quick Turn-In, and the system will automatically enter the required parts and quantities on the work order and update inventory.
Job Cost/Contract Billing
The Job Cost system allows you to manage and update job information from estimate to completion of jobs. The system can handle percentage complete or completed job accounting. End-of-job costs can be projected even when you are only partially completed with a job.
Integrate with Compusource’s other packages. The Job Cost system is completely integrated with the following applications:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Inventory Control
- General Ledger
Maintain complete data integrity between the Job Cost and General Ledger systems. The Job Cost totals can never be out of balance with General Ledger.
Estimate Comparison Flexibility
- Define up to 20 major cost categories (i.e. Labor, Material, Sub-Contract, etc.) per job with up to 10,000 detail breakdowns by cost category.
- Enter change orders easily during the life of a job. Maintain them separately in detail by change order number.
Access the Job Cost report at the job, type, or cost code level to analyze up-to-the-minute actuals, or Work in Progress against estimates.
Use the Bonding report to compare current profit or loss to deferred profit or loss.
The Operations Spreadsheet is used to check if jobs are either over or under billed.
The Work in Progress report helps you identify the amount left in the estimate and provide space for adjustments.
Create unlimited report formats to evaluate your current job status using the Application Manager and the Job Consolidation Program.
The Contract Billing system is designed to streamline billing procedures and print contract bills in standard or AIA format.
Update Job Cost, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger with one simple entry.
- Enter percent complete or dollars to bill for each job quickly and easily.
- Itemize all billing breakdowns for a special job, including change orders, with the invoice.
- View the complete contract bill on-line before printing a hard copy.
- Print bills in AIA format or on company letterhead.
- View all costs in excess of billings and vice-versa with the Contracts in Progress report.
- List invoices, retentions and payment information for each job with the Contract Billing and Payment reports.
- Identify past-due accounts immediately and list unpaid retentions in a separate column with the Contract Age Analysis report.
- Run either the Contract Billing and Payment or the Contract Age Analysis report in summary (one line per job) or detail (one line per invoice).
The Payroll system streamlines the entire payroll process by providing features that allow you to monitor and maintain accurate compensation methods. It allows control to stay inside the company by having all payroll information accessible and secure.
- Define multiple divisions and departments for processing and reporting.
- Provide multiple earnings and deduction categories for special types of pay and deductions.
- Perform all payroll calculations, such as gross pay, withholding taxes and deductions for union and non-union employees.
- Handle flexible benefits (cafeteria) and company sponsored pension plans (401K).
Check Processing & Reports
- Calculate pay and standard deductions automatically.
- Accommodate multiple pay periods including weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, four-week period, monthly, and daily.
- Provide 14 earning categories (such as regular, overtime, double-time, vacation, etc.), and include 10 miscellaneous deductions (with deduction limits).
- Calculate all applicable taxes automatically.
- Reconcile checks that have cleared the bank each month, then print a Check Reconciliation Register and a Voided Checks Register automatically.
- Provide detailed reports for every employee in each segment of the company for current, month-to-date, quarter-to-date, or year-to-date figures.
- Print the Payroll Register to detail pay, taxes, deductions, and net check amount. Enter labor against jobs for Labor Distribution reporting.
- Other reports include: Deductions Register, Detail Tax Register, and Check History.
- Update labor costs automatically to the Job Cost system.
- Integrate all postings to the General Ledger system automatically.
- Summarize weeks worked for states requiring it.
- Maintain records about company divisions, departments, and unions.
- Compute taxes for different federal, state and city tax authorities.
- Change tax parameters without programming knowledge.
- Print quarterly reports for tax filing.
- User-definable W2 forms.
- Report W2’s on magnetic media.
- Manage and control workman’s compensation premiums automatically through the Workers Compensation set-up and reporting
- Payroll history screens and pay information cannot be accessed unless the operator uses a high security sign-on and password.
- Set up limited security for users to enter hours.
- Users with limited security cannot view pay rates and pay history.
The Prospect Management system improves sales and marketing efforts by providing an organized database with user-defined criteria for tracking sales leads and prospects.
Entry and Inquiry
- Customize user-defined fields and default entries, giving the ability to create databases comprised of specific prospect/customer characteristics.
- Once the prospect/customer is identified, the user can immediately jump to the Quote or Order Entry function, check stock, review open orders, etc.
- Record unlimited notes in a comment file that automatically displays the date and time of the entry.
- Access a prospect/customer file quickly to immediately recall previous conversations.
Monitor Sales Functions
- Record all contacts and special notes, and automatically determine the next date the prospect/customer should be contacted based on a user defined frequency.
- Print a ýhotý list of prospects to be called each day, along with the contact name, title and any special comments noted during past contacts.
- Outside sales personnel can login from remote locations to record call information, and update the file for follow-up by inside sales.
- Prevent discrepancies among individual salespeople by securing each prospect/customer base.
- Measure advertising effectiveness by entering the source of sales leads, and tracking the overall responses.
- Flag multiple prospects/customers to receive form letters based on user-selected criteria.
- Prepare personalized form letters to print, store, and recall them as needed.
- Automatically address the appropriate contact with the proper salutation and closing.
- Design letters to be consistent with your current company form letter.
- Coordinate direct mail campaigns for selected groups of prospects/customers based on several different criteria.
- Print mailing labels with contact names to accompany letters or mass mailings.
- Tailor call tracking and letter writing to enhance credit and collection efforts by creating a separate database for credit personnel.
The Purchasing system ensures that you purchase items at the right prices, and on the right terms. It also tracks price changes and evaluates vendor performance, helping you to control the impact of your purchasing decisions on your cash flow and stock availability.
- Receive all of an order at once, or enter against it one line at a time.
- Update inventory automatically as purchase orders are entered and received.
- Increase the stock-on-hand quantity and decrease the on-order quantity after purchase orders are received. For example, parts entered on a purchase order updates the on-order quantity in the Part Master File.
- Convert parts purchased through the system into stock keeping units (i.e., $5 per 100 translates to $.05 each).
- Convert parts entered through the system into the user’s appropriate stock keeping units.
Quick Purchase Orders
- Access the Quick Purchase Order procedure directly from the call-taking screen or the Purchase Order system.
- Allow parts not in the technician’s truck inventory to be purchased and posted directly to the work order.
- Streamline purchasing procedures through the Inventory Control system.
- Update Work Order records automatically.
- Interface Quick Purchase Order with Inventory Control to track standard truck stock.
- Interface to the billing system to apply proper user defined mark-ups by job site.
- Interface to the Job Cost System and update committed costs for jobs.
Control Purchasing Decisions
- Analyze vendor performance.
- Store complete details on all open purchase orders by vendor or part number to reduce paperwork.
- Examine the quantity, schedule, and price of material presently on order for each vendor.
Complete Purchase Order Tracking
Track purchase orders by:
- Purchase Order Number
- Part Number
Purchase Order History
Maintain detail purchase history by part and vendor number.
The Service Management system tracks service calls from the moment the customer calls until the job is complete. The call-taking screen provides immediate access to service call status, contract information, service & credit history, and technician activity. Up-to-the-minute information insures dispatchers correctly assign technicians to service calls. It allows for the printing of dispatch tickets, paging technicians, updating mechanic schedules, and posting labor to work orders and Payroll at the same time.
Complete Service Management
- Increase technician productivity.
- Handle T&M, flat rate, fixed price, and ‘not to exceed’ work.
- Interface with the optional digital Paging package.
- Maintain complete maintenance contract and service call histories.
- Color display makes defining priority and status of service calls much easier.
- Measure advertising effectiveness by tracking the source of all calls.
The system prompts the call-taker when entering calls to prevent against: a duplicate service order being scheduled, missing important reference notes on the customer and job site that were previously entered, and/or ignoring existing maintenance contracts on the customer. Calltakers can even follow on-screen scripts.
Service Contract/Call History
- Maintain complete service history on service calls.
- Retrieve information instantly such as the service call date, technician name, problem description, type of call, the billing cycle amount, invoice line item detail, and description of work performed.
Cumbersome paperwork and excessive radio time can be eliminated by using Quick Turn-In. Upon completing a call, the technician informs the dispatcher of the tasks performed on the call. CONTRAC2 will break the tasks into parts and labor, and produce a restocking report for the technician’s truck. Work Order/Invoice information is also automatically captured.
Maintenance Contract Management
- Maintain complete service information including billing and service frequency, hours budgeted, starting and expiring dates, work to be performed, materials required, and technician skill required for the tasks to be performed.
- Analyze profitability with the Agreement Performance Report for a contract or service agreement by contract-to-date or fiscal-year-to-date, and for preventative maintenance, emergency maintenance, and extras.
- Automatically create and print service agreements detailing the components and tasks based on the user’s pre-determined schedule.
- View every technician’s status for the day, week, or month.
- Schedule service calls on maintenance contracts ahead of time so that customers are serviced on time.
- Scheduling boards assist the dispatcher with responsive handling to emergency calls while conveniently allowing other calls to be rescheduled.
Calculate technician commissions (or bonuses) based on up to 15 different types of revenue, even if each technician has a different commission percentage rate. The system will also track ‘spiffs’ on parts.