PFW IntelliDealer’s Financial Management is fully integrated with PFW IntelliDealer Customer Care, Product Support and Management Central — as well as the PFW Purchase Order system — and features a time saving single-entry process, where corresponding transactions are automatically performed.
Financial Management’s interface is presented within a web browser, which provides a familiar navigation process and an intuitive environment that assists operation. During design, special attention was paid to usability, and the resulting look and functionality ensures that dealerships can provide their accounting and financial staff with a system that requires minimal instruction. As well, a critical integration with the general ledger is inherent in Financial Management, providing you with the strength to capture the financial information you need, when you need it.
Access Customer Information
The customer profile in Financial Management allows you to access and maintain key customer-related information regarding profile, shipping, contacts, accounts receivable agency, and rental. You can facilitate the easy posting of payments received from customers, as well as an online credit-limit analysis. View your historical posting and billing information, and create and display on-screen customer reports. There is also an easy-to-read, graphed display of the summarized accounts receivable aging for all outstanding receivables — which also offers detail by aging period. Also receive statements, aging reports, and month closing and late-charge information.
The vendor profile, where key vendor information is maintained, allows you to oversee profile, contact, payment term and distribution information, as well as view a breakdown of fiscal and calendar purchases. Also, view outstanding accounts-payable information and key invoices received from suppliers via a single screen entry-point, as well as see historical information that assists you in tracking the flow of invoices through the system. Additionally, you can adjust and print quick checks, record checks that have cleared your bank, and perform month closings and check runs.
Account Maintenance and Analysis
Financial Management gives you the power to locate, access, maintain, and enter important financial data in the general ledger account and chart of accounts. It allows you to create and maintain general ledger journal entries, as well as to balance sub-ledgered accounts, and provides important budget-values views and maintenance with regard to the general ledger and chart of accounts. Financial Management allows you to analyze financial information through account lookup, area sales, and financial reporting.
- Forecast cash requirements
- Support multiple currencies and exchange rates
- Easy-to-post journal entry system for automatic reversal, accruals and recurring entries
- Display detailed invoice history
- Maintain credit notes by individual invoice
- Control credit limits by type of sale
- Maintain multiple receivable accounts for each customer
- Track purchases and disbursements for fiscal and calendar years
- Incorporate payment schedules and terms, flat and percentage discounts, or invoices
- Allow for dealer-designed layout of financial information statements
- Provide budget actual and variance comparisons
- Allow multiple A/P accounts for floor plan, long-term lease, and trade payables
Direct Payroll Deposit
Simplifies the employee payroll process
With PFW Direct Payroll Deposit configured in the PFW business system — and the help of your bank — payroll-licensed PFW system users can electronically transmit payroll information to your bank.
PFW Direct Payroll Deposit allows you to perform real-time transmissions to banks, which results in immediate payroll processing — with the advantage that discrepancies can be corrected prior to payday. Electronic deposits mean avoiding long bank lineups to process payroll — or cash paychecks. As well, with PFW Direct Payroll Deposit, your employees receive their paychecks on-time, every time. All of these benefits are available without having to follow complicated procedures: simply perform your standard payroll procedure and then select the appropriate bank from the drop-down menu.
To date, direct-deposit communications have been established on behalf of PFW customers with several ACH (Automated Clearing House) -based US financial institutions and the following: The Royal Bank, CIBC, The National Bank of Canada, TD Canada Trust, The Bank of Montreal, and the Bank of Hong Kong. For those without an ACH approved bank, or those not affiliated with any of the above mentioned banks, PFW can develop the necessary software to allow you to take advantage of direct payroll deposit.
The following steps must be taken before PFW Direct Payroll Deposit can be implemented:
- For ACH customers, please ensure that your bank is included in the previously-noted list of banks that are currently established. Contact PFW after confirming this with your bank and then inform your branch of your intent to establish direct payroll deposit through PFW. The bank should then send you an application form regarding your pertinent payroll-processing details.
- Forward the payroll deposit specifications to PFW to ensure compatibility with existing ACH formats. If no compatibility exists, PFW will create an ACH format specific to your bank.
- Complete the pre-installation work by entering all employee bank information into your payroll system (from an employee-supplied “void” check). By entering this information on the employee maintenance screen, the system is alerted that the method of payment is direct deposit.
- Install the Bank Deposit Download, and have PFW dial into your computer to set up your tables with the appropriate values. Once your check run is complete, run the Bank Deposit Download and choose the appropriate bank from the drop-down menu.
Conveniently maintain your company’s fixed assets
If you are currently keying manual journal entries for fixed asset depreciation, PFW Fixed Assets can help save you time by making this process automatic.
PFW Fixed Assets is completely integrated with the dealer business system. This means that when any new information is added and/or changes are made to any fixed asset, all corresponding programs and data are immediately updated with the appropriate information. As well, no “double keying” is required when you add a fixed asset (e.g., an equipment unit) in PFW Fixed Assets. Any fixed asset information that resides elsewhere in the PFW system (e.g., in Equipment), will automatically display when it is added in Fixed Assets.
PFW Fixed Assets posts depreciation amounts to the G/L, so that every time a fixed asset depreciation month-end procedure is run from Fixed Assets, all depreciation is calculated and automatically posted to the appropriate general ledger account. This eliminates the manual keying of invoices for posting depreciation, and saves you time.
Track Depreciation History
PFW Fixed Assets gives you information power through its ability to track all historical depreciation records (e.g., last depreciation period and amount, depreciation year-to-date, and life-to-date, etc.). These history records are available by using one of the simple commands from the Fixed Assets Maintenance screen, allowing you to see all records, on-screen, for every fixed asset you have entered.
Depreciation Book Flexibility
Following the industry standard for most U.S. businesses, PFW has included Alternate Depreciation Books in PFW Fixed Assets in addition to the regular Accounting Depreciation Book. Representing multiple depreciation methods, Alternate Books work exactly the same way as the regular Depreciation Books, but are used for reporting purposes only, as the G/L is not updated. This allows you to set up to four depreciation methods for each fixed asset — one for accounting, and three for federal, state and/or minimal purposes.
- Set up and maintain depreciation books for all your fixed assets
- Choose from any of the standard methods of depreciation that are included
- Build your own depreciation methods as required
- Track other fixed asset information, such as purchase amount, disposal date / amount, and accounting information
- Use convenient options such as multimedia links and memos
- Easy to use and maintain
- Run depreciation reports for both month end and year end from the Fixed Assets menu for both accounting and “alternate” books
Purchase Order System
An integrated order-management tool
The PFW Purchase Order System helps you efficiently manage your acquisition of equipment, fixed assets, and miscellaneous items such as office supplies, computer supplies and furniture. This integrated order-management tool also allows you to create stock numbers that integrate with the accounts payable module in the PFW IntelliDealer Dealership Management System.
With the PFW Purchase Order System you can easily create miscellaneous, equipment, or fixed asset purchase orders and then work with each type in the IntelliDealer interface. The system gives you the choice to use either an automatically-assigned order number or to create your own, and then allows you to apply integrated accounts payable vendor information to the order, and adjust the order’s item, shipping and freight details.
For equipment purchase orders, you can modify stock, price and inventory information. When creating fixed asset orders, the PFW Purchase Order System allows you to manage asset, depreciation, and maintenance account details. Miscellaneous purchase orders allow you the choice to enable accounts payable integration, note purchase order taxation and assign items to specific general ledger accounts, default all items to one general ledger account or distribute an item over several general ledger accounts and profit centers.
Save Time and Effort
The PFW Purchase Order System allows Dealers to save time and effort by eliminating the need to manually track and store equipment and miscellaneous purchase order details. Integrated with PFW IntelliDealer’s accounts payable, the PFW Purchase Order System allows you to automatically import information such as invoice amount, account number and stock number when creating a new A/P voucher. Also, you can eliminate the keying of repetitive information, by copying sections of a purchase order, or making a duplicate copy of a purchase order, which is useful for commonly ordered items.
Ease of Use
The PFW Purchase Order System incorporates familiar look and feel, making it intuitive and easy to use. At any moment you are one click away from accessing key information in other PFW IntelliDealer modules. This can be useful for when you want to reference the equipment profile, the vendor profile or the customer profile while creating a purchase order.
- Create equipment stock numbers that integrate with the dealer business system
- The system will assign stock numbers — or let the user key in stock numbers for on-order or received equipment purchase orders
- Add base and option codes without leaving the equipment P.O.
- Uses the full equipment profile window when adding a stock number
- Email a purchase order
- Record correspondence with the vendor to keep track of order status
- A status report is available
- Multiple search capabilities
- Previously ordered items for miscellaneous and fixed-asset purchase orders are saved and can be retrieved on a future P.O.
- Using print preview, print purchase orders on a local or network printer
- Work with or compare multiple purchase orders
Reviews of PFW IntelliDealer Financial Management Write a Review
An anonymous PFW IntelliDealer Financial Management user says...
It is a product specifically designed for farm equipment dealerships.
The good: It is a product specifically designed for farm equipment dealerships.
The bad: It can be quite complex at times, navigation around the program takes some getting used to, and with several functions there are many different process possibilities to arrive at the same result.