Enterprise 21 ERP software is a fully-integrated ERP system for small and mid-market manufacturing and distribution organizations. Designed to facilitate industry best practices, Enterprise 21 includes comprehensive software functionality to manage the enterprise's complete business operations.
The Enterprise 21 ERP software solution delivers fully-integrated sales order management, procurement, inventory management, warehouse management, financial management, advanced planning, customer relationship management, business intelligence, and manufacturing management software functionality in a single ERP system. Furthermore, Enterprise 21's underlying architecture is flexible and configurable by design, enabling organizations to implement the system to meet their unique business process requirements.
- Three-Way Matching with Purchasing, Receiving, and Vendor Invoice
- Payables Processed in Batches
- Maintains Individual Profit Center Balances
- Vendor Invoices Expensed to One or Multiple Profit Centers
- Centralized or Remote Cash Management
- Error Checking for Duplicate or Over Payment
- Advanced Payment and Posting for Special Purchases
- Unlimited Payment Dates per Invoice
- Automatic Invoice Reversal Process
- Single Screen for Invoice Payment and Credit Application
- Credits Automatically Taken when Check Printed
- User Defined Selection Criteria for Check Printing by Run
- Individual or Entire Check Batch Voiding
- Checking Account Reconciliation
- Net or Gross System
- Autoload Invoices from Remote System
- Autoload Cash Receipts from Bank
- Complete Audit Trails
- User Defined Aging Buckets
- Automatic G/L Interface
- Automatic Write-Off Capability
- Single Screen for Apply Cash, Credits, Write-Offs, Discounts, etc.
- Multiple Automatic Cash Application Methodologies
- Customer Account ýSnap Shotsý
- Automated Collection Call System
- User Defined A/R Grace Period
- Automatic Notification of Credit Hold Orders
- Unlimited Collection Notes
- Cash Application Processed in Batches with Batch Total Verification
Budgeting, Planning, & Forecasting
Unlimited Number of Budgets & Budget vs. Actual Reporting
See Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger modules for detailed specifications.
- Existing reports already available for ease of implementation.
- Allows for customer company specific, division specific, or customer specific reporting.
- Existing reports easily modified or customized via report writer.
- Additional reports easily generated via report writer and data warehouse.
See detailed information under eCOM21 section.
Foreign Currency Conversion
Fully Integrated within all modules of Enterprise 21.
See individual modules listing for detailed specifications.
- 24 Position Accounts & User Defined Structure
- Detailed and Summary Ledgers
- Up to 24 Periods per GL Year
- Multiple Periods Open at the Same Time
- Period Closing by Sub-Ledger
- Recurring Entries & Auto-Reversing Entries
- Unlimited Notes per Entry
- Unlimited Ledger Accounts
- Unlimited Number of Budgets & Budget vs. Actual Reporting
- Entries Created in Batches
- Automatic Year-End Processing & Year-End can be Run Multiple Times
- Financial Report Writer
- Daily Reconciliation of A/R, A/P, Inventory, etc.
- Closed Periods can be Re-Opened with Check
- Automatic Roll-Forward
- Drill-Down from Summary Ledger to Actual Item (e.g., Invoice Line Item, etc.)
Inventory Control - Bill of Materials
- Infinite Level BOM's
- BOM Yield Factors
- BOM Effectivity Dates
- BOM Engineering Levels, Active, and Superseded Status Codes
- Automatic Version Controls on BOM's
- BOM Where-Used
- Unlimited BOM Notes
- Formulas, Phantoms, Pseudos, & Sub-Assemblies on BOM's
- Duplicates BOM Functionality
- Product Configurator
- Unlimited User Defined Unit of Measure
- Product Substitution
- Complete Lot and Serial Tracking
Inventory Control - General Features
Automatic calculation of inventory turns and ABCD classification is provided. ABCD reporting can be based on sales dollars, units, or margin.
The system provides multiple default units of measure capability to purchase, order, report, and ship in units other than the stocking unit of measure. In addition to these defaults, any number of units of measure may be defined for specific products and utilized during transaction entry.
Exception reporting exists to identify items outside of user defined parameters such as min/max levels and reorder points.
Enterprise 21 provides for full time phased Distribution Requirements Plan (DRP) based inventory replenishment. Based upon this plan, purchase requisitions can be generated either automatically or after manual review of the DRP output. Requisitions can then be reviewed and converted into purchase orders (again either automatically or manually).
Other features include:
- Multiple levels of product classification are available for reporting purposes.
- On-screen inquiry into all inventory transactions enable users to track material flow and troubleshoot rapidly.
- Pop-up windows within data entry screens provide rapid access to other system functions.
- System can be set-up to allow for negative inventories.
- Automatic system generation of suggested cycle count products based upon user-defined inventory management rules.
- Product attributes can be defined and specifically valid attribute values assigned on a Product Code basis.
- Full tracking of product characteristics by LOT (MSDS) with an infinite number of characteristics per product.
Inventory Control - Locations, Tracking, & Costing
- Multiple plants, warehouses, stockrooms, and bin locations may be defined.
- Part master table information may be maintained for individual locations or centrally. Location-specific part master tables need only be maintained on an exception basis, otherwise, the system will default to the primary part master table.
- Inventory allocation can occur at the individual plant or warehouse location, or can be centralized to allow order servicing from any or all sites.
- Intra-company transfers are supported. The system tracks the material through the in-transit stage. Shipped versus received discrepancies are easily identified.
- Transfer pricing structures allow intra-company movements to be made at a cost plus mark-up with automatic generation of elimination entries into the ledger.
- Inventory can be allocated to open sales and/or manufacturing orders at the time of receipt.
- Enterprise 21 provides for inventory ýcommitmentý (soft allocation) as well as ýfull allocationý (hard allocation). Inventory commitment simplistically provides users with information regarding only the aggregate amount of inventory committed to orders by product. Full allocation assigns specific inventory records to specific sales order documents to allow more controlled disbursement of available stock and prevent unexpected shortages.
- The system provides both bar code scanning and RF terminal capability for all inventory transactions (receipt of goods, shipment, material movement, physical and cycle counts, etc.).
- Full lot and serial number tracking exists for both raw materials and finished goods. The system provides the ability to track shipped products back to the specific raw material lot/serial numbers used to produce the finished good.
- Enterprise 21 provides flexible putaway and takeout via the ability to assign specific warehouse locations during receiving and shipping if they differ from the default location for a product.
- Automatic creation of receiving labels, including bar code and serial number/lot identification.
- Automatic ledger entries associated with inventory adjustments based upon adjustment reason codes.
- User defined non-stocking warehouse locations can be defined to allow for inspection and quality stages after receiving, etc. Material in these locations is valued as an asset, but is not eligible for production or sales until it passes to a normal stocking location.
- Enterprise 21 provides for load staging, as well as rapid relocation of inventory throughout the warehouse.
- Supports multiple costing methods including standard, FIFO, LIFO, and average costing. Costing methods may be specified at the product level.
- An infinite number of general ledger accounts can be used to classify inventory.
- Cycle count and annual physical inventory count procedures allow for easy maintenance of current quantity levels. Separate processes exist for cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Enterprise 21 allows raw material costs to be sensitized and rolled up to view the impact on the finished product cost. Standard costs can be reset utilizing the new cost.
Manufacturing - MRP
- Supports process and discrete manufacturing or combinations.
- Enterprise 21 allows for definition of both multi-level formulations and bills of material.
- Where-used functionality enables rapid access to all finished goods utilizing a specific component material.
- Formulations and bills-of-materials are easily duplicated and updated. Multiple versions of the original formulation/bill are numerically controlled.
- Automatic ýyieldý calculation for raw material utilization based upon BOM and routing yields.
- Actual usage variations from standard amounts are easily recorded. Substitutions are easily recorded as well.
- Cost variances from standard amounts are tracked and reported.
- Inquiry screens enable tracking of production runs through the production recording process.
- Machine downtime can be recorded by multiple reason code.
- Employee exposure to hazardous chemicals is automatically tracked.
- Lot and serial numbers are tracked from the raw material stage through shipment of finished goods.
- Inquiry screens provide the ability to trace shipped product back to specific finished good product lot/serial numbers, and further back to the specific raw material numbers used to manufacture each finished product.
- Daily, machine-specific production schedules can be automatically generated from the daily plan. The schedule is capacity constrained based on items such as available days and shifts, product production rates, and scheduled downtime.
- From the daily schedule, users can quickly access information such as on-hand orders. This provides the capability to rapidly adjust the schedule for dynamic changes in order demand.
- Enables execution of multiple iterations of a plan for analysis of various production scenarios.
- Enterprise 21 provides the ability for finished goods production to be recorded separately by the warehouse and production departments. This facilitates inventory accuracy by immediately surfacing count variances for reconciliation. Count differences are documented through a series of reports and on-line inquiry screens.
- The system enables raw material utilization to be recorded separately from packaging materials and finished goods in situations where these processes are controlled by separate crews.
- One-step production recording exists for organizations that prefer more simplistic recording of finished goods and simultaneous backflush of raw materials.
- Production recording easily accommodates extended production runs across multiple shifts.
- Routings are defined through single or multiple work centers.
- Work orders can be generated either independently, or directly from sales orders.
- Bill of material components can be assigned to individual stages of the manufacturing routing. This eliminates the immediate consumption of components at the initiation of the routing.
- Raw material utilization and finished good production recording can be entered for individual work centers through the routing process.
- Cost elements and associated general ledger accounts are user-defined.
- Actual versus budgeted manufacturing costs are reported.
Manufacturing - Work Order
- Work order generation for specific sales orders or stock orders.
- Infinite level routings with primary and unlimited secondary routings per item or facility.
- BOM material consumption by routing step.
- Material and labor costing per routing step.
- Engineering, active, and superseded routing status.
- Planned vs. actual production monitoring.
- Hazardous chemical exposure tracking and reporting.
- Machine down time and reason codes.
Order Management - General Features
- Provides automatic customer lookup based on a character search by client name or account number including ýsounds likeý capability.
- Automatically checks customer credit status at the outset and completion of order entry, and whenever a change is made to an order. User-defined rules allow the system to flag potential credit issues based on existing receivables, open orders, and the current credit limit to determine what actions must take place.
- Maintains multiple ship-to and bill-to addresses and defaults automatically to the most commonly used information based on the customer record.
- One-time ship-to addresses can be defined that do not impact the standard ship-to table.
- One touch access to customer master table for rapid set-up of new customers, or to view information regarding existing customers.
- One or multiple ýstandard ordersý can be created for a customer containing the products which the customer most commonly purchases. At order entry time, these orders can be ýbrought iný, eliminating the need to key in any standard information for the order.
- Order Copy function allows any order stored in the data base to be quickly duplicated.
- Handles regular orders, blanket orders, standard orders, quotes, and recurring orders. The recurring order function allows orders to be automatically initiated by the system at pre-determined time intervals.
- Quotes can be readily converted into orders. All items of a quote or user selectable items can be converted.
- Various order types may be defined such as regular, drop ship, return, tag-and-hold, ship complete, warranty return, and will-call.
- Terms can be assigned at the customer, order, and even at the line item level of an order.
- Windows can quickly be opened to view valid entries for a field during the data input process.
- User definable fields allow for the capture of additional information.
- Multiple sales commission splits are supported.
- Order entry, order changes, and order inquiries are maintained through a single function. No need for customer service representatives to flip in and out of multiple screens to handle simple order alterations or customer inquiries.
- All order changes and cancellations are tracked, and reason codes can be assigned to identify service issues.
- Orders can be placed for products with specific attributes (e.g., a shoe style can have a size, color, width, etc.).
- System-generated messages proactively warn customer service representatives of potential service problems.
- Numerous inquiry screens provide quick access to customer and product profitability information. Information can be viewed on a month-to-date, year-to-date, or comparison to prior year basis.
- At any point during order entry or order change, options menus are accessible which provide rapid access to a multitude of other system functions and inquiry screens such as: available inventory, order history, pricing history, load information, order copy, and much more.
- Credit memos can be entered at any time during order processing and can be tied to the original order and invoice numbers.
- Each order can have an unlimited number of line items, including stocked tangible and non-tangible parts.
- The system handles various types of transactions at the line item level including direct ship, stock, surplus, non-stock, found, and others.
- Promotions and deals (buy one and get one free) can be set up. Complementary products and scripts can be defined to prompt the sale of other products.
- Enterprise 21 handles product kits as well as product configuration.
- Configuration capability includes an infinite number of levels of configuration dependencies and rules.
- Line items can be entered using your part numbers, the customer's part number, or one of four additional alias part numbers.
- Order status can be quickly checked by users; orders are tracked through each stage of the order fulfillment process at both the order and line item levels.
- Unlimited notes may be entered at both the order and line item levels. Notes can be selectively printed on internal documents, customer documents, or both. Standard notes are available for inventory parts that will automatically be coupled with the sales order.
- Provides an automatic substitute part listing for unavailable items during line item entry.
- Choose to allow or disallow overrides of item pricing during order entry.
- Allows an unlimited number of units of measure to be defined for a specific part number, providing maximum flexibility during line item entry. Pricing is automatically handled by the system for each of the unit conversions.
- Tracks lot and serial numbers throughout the system.
- Seamlessly integrated with purchasing for both direct ship and order related purchase orders.
- Obsolete part numbers are automatically replaced by valid part ID's.
- Enterprise 21 provides comprehensive multi-currency capability. Currency conversions are stored at the transaction level.
- Currency conversions are stored for the transaction currency, the defined operating currency, and the corporate currency.
- The full set of standard EDI transactions are supported. These include, but are not limited to, Customer Orders, Advanced Shipping Notification, outbound PO's to Vendors, as well as a number of others.
- Enterprise 21's unique EDI mapping process means that a single program handles each EDI transaction format. Individual format variations are handled through the mapping of the given transmitted file to the EDI interface file.
- The quantity of material required to ýfill the trucký with a desired product can be automatically determined during line item entry.
- Mis-shipments are easily recorded. Inventory can be automatically adjusted and a credit memo optionally generated.
- Complementary products are identified during line item entry and suggested as possible sale items for the customer. The user simply identifies how many of the item the customer desires and the system will automatically insert the item onto the order.
- Allows use of ýgenericý substitute items during order entry.
- Includes standard as well as ýretailý order entry.
- Multiple payment methods are supported including cash, on-account, and credit card.
Order Management - Pricing
- Price sheets (matrices) may be defined to handle complex pricing schemes and discount programs, including cost-plus and formula pricing.
- Effective dates on price sheets prevent use of outdated pricing and enable entry of future price discounts.
- Termination dates on price sheets allow the easy implementation of fixed duration special pricing programs.
- Multiple price sheets for the same part and customer can be in effect at the same time. The system will automatically select the largest discount available for a customer.
- Customer, order, and volume discounts may be defined. Volume discounts can be applied on either an annual or per order basis, and based on currency or units. An unlimited number of volume tiers can be defined.
- Pricing can be done by individual product codes or by product sales types.
- Pricing discounts can be established based upon a percentage discount, a straight currency discount, or based upon a formula (e.g., two 6's = List x 0.94 x 0.94).
- Promotional programs (e.g., buy 3 get 1 free, buy 3 A's and 2 B's and get 1 C for $X, etc.) are easily defined with durations given by the effectivity and termination dates.
- Volume rebate and advertising allowance programs can be set up. Enterprise 21 will automatically calculate and accrue for the customer rebates.
- Extensive capability for mass price changes by product, product group, etc..
- Invoices can be reviewed for accuracy prior to printing and posting. In addition, Enterprise 21 automatically senses specific invoice problems and classifies these invoices accordingly. Invoices can be queried by classification for review and resolution. This allows problem invoices to be corrected prior to printing.
Order Management - Shipping & Transportation
- Calculates the percentage of a vehicle that each order represents based on method of shipment (e.g., 48ft van, 53ft high cubed van, tanker, etc.). The total number of truckloads for each order is available for orders over a single truck's capacity.
- Easy-to-use screens enable rapid consolidation of less than full truckload orders into full loads, as well as assignment of carriers for organizations that ship in full truckload quantities.
- Seamlessly integrated with automatic scale and manifesting systems for small package shippers.
- UPS certified manifesting allows customers to achieve immediate 9% reduction in UPS shipping costs.
- Orders can be shipped from multiple locations (defined at the line item level).
- The system provides the capability to ship products other than those specified on the initial order.
- Automatic generation of shipping labels in a format which can be tailored to the requirements of each of your customers.
- Freight charges are automatically accrued for by the system. Accruals can later be compared to the actual invoices to spot discrepancies
- Enterprise 21 automatically calculates the least cost carrier, and enables preferred carriers to be assigned to specific routes.
- Easy-to-use screens facilitate the order staging and vehicle loading processes.
- Shipments can be recorded utilizing Radio Frequency (RF) scanning and bar code devices.
- Carrier load notification can be accomplished using EDI, automatic fax of load notification report, or direct communication.
Point of Sale
See Order Management - General Features for detailed specifications.
- Maintains vendor information seamlessly with the Accounts Payable module.
- Links to Accounts Payable for three-way matching of the purchase order, receipt, and vendor invoice. Price and quantity information can be viewed to provide an automated ýmatchingý process and eliminate paper while improving productivity.
- Allows for multiple purchasing units of measure.
- Allows for purchase of non-stock as well as stock items.
- Provides the capability for drop shipments.
- Free-form notes at both the purchase order header and line item levels can be attached to the purchase order. The user has the option to determine if the text should appear on internal documents, external documents, or both.
- Purchase order numbers can be manually or automatically assigned.
- Vendor lead times and minimum order quantities may be defined. These values are used in the automatic inventory replenishment process.
- Cross reference capability exists between vendor and stocking part numbers and descriptions.
- Purchase orders can print any combination of internal and vendor part numbers and descriptions.
- Pop-up windows are accessible during data entry to enable rapid access to other system functions such as the vendor master table and receiver information.
- Multiple ship-to locations can be defined on purchase orders.
- Comprehensive multi-currency functionality is provided.
- Dollar purchasing limits can be assigned to buyers. If a purchase order exceeds a buyer's limit, it must be reviewed and released by an individual with appropriate authority.
- Signature approval levels may be specified to require multiple signatures for purchase orders over specified dollar amounts. An unlimited number of signature tiers is supported.
- Numerous reports are available providing information regarding open purchase orders, purchase history, uncommitted purchase orders, and unmatched purchase orders.
- Manufacturing MRP process creates raw material/component part requirements requisitions.
Blanket Purchase Orders
- Blanket purchase orders can be defined. Releases are then issued against the original blanket order.
- Release volumes are tracked against the master blanket order; receiving can occur by blanket release.
- The receiving function is facilitated by the ability to query on numerous fields, including purchase order number, vendor, and product code.
- Receipts can be put into inspection locations or directly into active inventory. Received material can be immediately placed on hold, and then released to regular inventory or removed at a later date.
- Lot and serial numbers can be assigned during the receiving process.
- Automatic generation of labels at time of receipt, including bar coding and serial number/lot coding.
- Enterprise 21 automatically calculates purchase requirements and sets up requisitions, or requisitions may be entered manually. Requisitions can also be generated from the MRP/DRP process.
- Preferred vendors may be specified for individual products. The preferred vendor, along with vendor pricing, is automatically assigned when purchase requisitions are generated by the system. These values are easily edited when the requisition or purchase order is reviewed.
- An easy-to-use review screen allows purchasing agents to selectively convert requisition items into active purchase orders, or delete them from the system.
Requests for Quotes
- Quote information can be entered and assigned to vendors. Enterprise 21 automatically prints quote solicitation letters to vendors.
- Vendor responses are recorded. Purchase requisitions are automatically generated when the quote is awarded to a vendor.
- Management reports and on-line inquiries provide information regarding how vendors faired across numerous RFQ's.
Sales Force Automation
Fully integrated within the Order Management, Inventory Control, E-Commerce, and Financial modules of the Enterprise 21 system.
Allows Sales Force Access to Quickly Review:
- Search Product Attributes
- Review Detailed Product Information, Specifications, View Product Images, Obtain Product Documentation
- Check Available Inventory, Incoming Receipts, and Planned Manufacturing Runs or Scheduled Work Orders
- Check Customer Order Status
- Obtain Shipping Information and Tracking Information
- Review Customer Credit Information and Aging On-Line
- Run Detailed Customer Reports