nQativ’s ActivityHD software is an accounting solution like none other. nQativ and ActivityHD are an excellent fit for small to medium-sized organizations needing to fuel their business decisions with accurate and actionable data.
With flexibility built in from the outset, from the user-definable and adjustable account structure to the amazingly complex pay check calculations it can handle, ActivityHD is poised to serve a diverse and demanding clientele. ActivityHD’s installations include organizations as varied as an opera house, a paving contractor, a dental enterprise, professional employer organizations (PEOs), and fairs.
ActivityHD stands out from the rest of the accounting software crowd because it puts your data at center stage; it doesn’t hide your data in a black box. With data at your fingertips and powerful filtering tools, you can often find the answers you need without the added effort of running a report. Even so, ActivityHD is secure. With its advanced security, you can ensure that users only view the slice of data that they’re authorized to see.
At nQativ we back ActivityHD with a knowledgeable team of implementation and customer service advisers. Our implementers and conversion specialists guide you through the setup process and help you shape ActivityHD into your ideal solution. Once all systems are go, you are transitioned to the capable hands of nQativ customer service where your concerns become our priority.
ActivAP - Accounts Payable
ActivAP helps you rein in your expenses, manage vendor relationships, stay on top of cash requirements, pay your obligations in a timely manner, and take advantage of vendor discounts.
- Three-way matching of POs, invoices, and receipts.
- Integration with General Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, and Purchasing packages.
- Automated payment processing including EFT payments.
- 1099 reporting.
- Multiple 1099s per invoice.
- Ability to add a vendor as you enter the vendor’s first invoice.
- Custom payment terms by vendor.
- User-defined vendor classes.
- Easy-to-change vendor codes.
- Unlimited vendor contacts and vendor locations.
- Prepayment of invoices.
- Recurring invoices for invoices that repeat at regular intervals.
- Ability to place invoices on hold.
- Automated calculation of due dates and discount dates.
- Tax calculation and manual distribution of taxes.
- Expense allocation.
- Security-based division of accounting duties.
ActivAR - Accounts Receivable
ActivAR helps you manage customer relationships and improve and plan cash flow.
- Ability to track and age unpaid invoices.
- Finance charge calculation and application of finance charges and fees.
- Custom payment terms by customer.
- Support for both balance forward and open item statements.
- Integrated tax tables.
- Allocation of a single invoice to multiple customers.
- Payment of multiple invoices with a single payment.
- Recurring invoices for customers with regular charges.
- Summary invoices.
- Ability to place vendors on purchase and/or payment hold.
- Ability to place invoices and receipts on hold.
- Easy recording of cash sales.
- Credit memos and payment reversals.
- Support for unapplied payments.
- Sales history, shipping information, and contact tracking.
- Extra GL support.
- Deposit grouping by tender type for easy bank statement reconciliation.
ActivBR - Bank Reconciliation
ActivBR facilitates quick and accurate reconciliation of your bank statements.
- Integration with ActivAp, ActivAR, ActivGL, ActivPR, and ActivPO.
- Multiple banks and multiple accounts per bank.
- Positive pay.
- Batch clearing.
- Ability to flag a bank statement as “closed” to prevent post-reconciliation changes.
- Customizable check designs.
ActivCRM - Customer Relationship Management
ActivCRM gives your sales force the data it needs to acquire, retain, and satisfy clients.
- Customer contact, location, sales history, task, project, and note tracking.
- Unlimited number of contacts and locations per customer.
- Customizable data views.
- Recall dates for reliable customer follow-up.
- Customer project organization.
ActivFA - Fixed Assets
ActivFA helps you manage the entire fixed asset life cycle: from acquisition to depreciation calculations to eventual disposal of an asset.
- Accurate asset tracking to help minimize taxes and insurance costs.
- Numerous built-in depreciation methods plus user-defined depreciation methods.
- Ability to split and/or combine assets.
- Location history tracking.
- User-defined asset classes.
- Parent/child assets.
- Partial and full retirement.
ActivGL - General Ledger
ActivGL is hands down the industry’s most flexible chart of accounts. Besides the wide latitude it offers in designing and setting up your account structure, ActivGL makes it easy to update the structure if the need arises.
- Tight integration with all other Activity packages.
- Automatic posting from subsidiary packages.
- User-defined account structures with up to 12 ledger account segments of up to 12 characters each.
- Support for complex organizational structure with easy setup.
- User-driven financial reports, income statements, and balance sheets.
- Consolidated financial reports.
- User-defined fiscal periods.
- Native handling of multiple calendars, currencies, budgets, and ledgers.
- Budgeting including budgeting based on varying time intervals.
- Journalized budget information that provides an audit trail of budget changes.
- Recurring journal entries for common transactions.
- Ability to copy existing transactions as basis for new transactions.
- Easy to void or delete unposted transactions, to reverse posted transactions, and to create correcting entries.
- Revenue and cost allocation based on predefined distribution rules.
- Allocation of GL account balances using fixed percentage or variable ratio method.
- New accounts created based on user-defined account rules.
- Integration with Microsoft Excel.
- Simple, but comprehensive security controls.
ActivHR - Human Resources
ActivHR puts your HR manager in control of your employees’ vital information. ActivHR supports scanning and attaching of documents to your data records, helping you eliminate paperwork and manual processes.
- Fully integrated with ActivPR.
- Vacation, sick leave, and seniority tracking.
- Demographics tracking.
- Position and position pay history.
- Ability to handle 401(k) enrollment and workers’ compensation code assignment.
ActivPO - Purchasing
ActivPO manages your supplier relationships and helps ensure timely fulfillment of your purchases.
- Integration with ActivGL and ActivAP including drill down to invoice and payment details.
- Online purchase order tracking.
- Up to four levels of approval for POs.
- Ability to order products and services.
- Multi-department support.
- Buyer access to their own and/or other’s orders via security settings.
- Automatic calculation of invoice discounts.
- Ability to prepay invoices.
- Blanket purchase orders.
- Partial receipts.
- Shipment tracking with an unlimited number of shipments per purchase order.
- Support for drop shipments.
ActivPR - Payroll
ActivPR solves your foremost payroll challenge: timely calculation and production of accurate employee paychecks. ActivPR’s claim to fame is its ability to handle very complex payroll situations.
- Integration with ActivGL and ActivHR packages.
- Integration with ActivAP is available.
- Employee self-service website.
- Special engine that handles complex payroll calculations.
- Payroll direct deposit.
- Garnishments for child support, IRS, student loan, and other civil types.
- Ability to e-mail pay stubs.
- Ability to disburse an employee’s paycheck to multiple bank accounts.
- Integrated support for all US and Canadian tax jurisdictions.
- Unlimited earnings, deductions, and tax codes per employee.
- Custom payroll checks and MICR encoding.
- Flexible time entry or time clock import.
- Multiple work states supported.
- Multiple pay frequencies possible.
- Payroll expense tracking.
- W-2 generation.
- Form 941 creation.
- Hire date and raise date tracking.
- Gross up function.
Reviews of ActivityHD Write a Review
It is an user friendly software, with some intuitive way to use it. I don’t have the whole image, as my job requires to use just a small portion of the program, anyway I don’t have problems to perform my tasks.
The good: Not a frequent user but whenever it’s a problem, just an email and it’s solved.
The bad: To be able to delete multiple lines at once, from an invoice for example.
ActivityHD has a user-friendly interface and intuitive navigation. The potential for customization and the immense flexibility it offers for tracking and reporting is unparalleled.
The good: ActivityHD is supported by an amazing crew of individuals who are true experts on a software they have developed and shaped over decades of thoughtful and useful customizations, improvements and advancements in accounting technology. The customer support team and developers are so helpful in assisting with the learning process and suggesting ways harness the software’s power to solve any challenge.
The bad: Because ActivityHD offers so many possibilities, the hardest part is likely learning about them all and deciding how to implement the many tools and functions.
An anonymous ActivityHD user says...
We are pleased with the software. It meets our needs . Service is very good.
The good: We like the service and easy of use.
The bad: I don’t use it personally.
Activity is more than just accounting software. It is business software and a great tool for gathering and analyzing information that will help you run your business. It is comprised of modules including AR, AP, GL, Payroll/Human Resources that integrate seamlessly. The ability to easily import and export to other programs in a user-friendly manner is also a great feature. The software starts with a strong and well thought out foundation, making new enhancements and features very stable. We have been exposed to other business software products from time to time but nothing comes close in terms of flexibility, affordability, service and support.
The good: Our company has had an incredible business relationship with the NQativ team for three decades! We have a vertically integrated agri-food business and Activity is able to handle the requirements of all the diverse divisions of our business. The NQativ team is comprised of intelligent, honest, very knowledgeable individuals with a true passion for what they do and an unparalleled commitment to customer service. They are extremely responsive and are not satisfied until they have provided an answer or solution. You can actually talk with the developers as well who are always interested in listening to ideas on what is important to customers and their challenges.
The bad: I have difficulty coming up with what I don’t like about Activity but if I have to pick something I would have to say it is the time it sometimes takes for new modules to be released. This is because nQativ is very conscientious about ensuring things work to their satisfaction before they put them in the hands of the customer. Having said that, the product, once delivered, is worth the wait.
Rick from Seattle Opera says...
Activity is a rock-solid accounting system with the best combination of tight control and flexibility that I’ve ever worked with. I have worked with this company for more than 25 years and am currently replacing Great Plains with Activity where I work now. The ease of use and the power of the system are unmatched in my experience - users love it!
The good: Activity is written by accountants for accountants. No 3rd party consultants - you talk with the people who wrote the programs. Report writing is in Excel - easy to use and totally flexible. Importing and exporting are simple and effective. Activity uses Windows functionality - it looks and performs the best Windows-style features . The software is kept up to date, and nQativ will work with you on any operational needs to find a solution within the system. The learning curve is relatively short, and the power is immense.
The bad: Having worked with Activity for years, I have not found bugs or flaws. There can be functions that I would like to add to the software, and Activity has a user group process and an enhancement process that leads to improvements and new features that are shared with all of the users of the software. So no complaints.
Shelley from Assist, Inc. says...
nQativ and the Activity software have been invaluable for our company! We are a small financial planning/tax preparation firm and needed an accounting software that could be modified for our specific clientele. When our old software starting having problems, we were told it could cost thousands of dollars to write a program for our needs. We contacted nQativ and they helped us create the needed specifics while staying with the current software they already utilized. We have found the system to be excellent! On top of that, they are only an email or phone call away when we have problems. For a company that does not have an IT department that is an incredibly important resource. We are very thankful for our association with nQativ!!
The good: Customized software needs
The bad: Every now and then the software will have a slow reaction time. We contact nQativ and it is quickly remedied