Passport Business Solutions is an integrated software solution designed to give you greater control over your company’s operations and profitability. Strong transaction audit trails, versatile reporting options, graphical forms design for invoices, statements and purchase order forms, drill downs and look ups for fast data access are just a few of the features that save time and increase efficiency. Each of these elements is reinforced by the fact that you can invest in only the modules you need to design a system that best fits your organization.
- Keep accurate information on vendor, supplier, and standard costs by tracking payment due dates, available discounts, and money owed to creditors.
- Provides maintenance and lists of the vendors and on-line vendor account inquiry.
- Allows entering, editing, and posting of new payables, prepaid, adjustments, and cancellations with edit list and journal.
- An unlimited number of A/P accounts and cash accounts may be used.
- Allows vendor terms and aging of accounts based on days or on day of month.
- Allows you to enter, edit, and select recurring payables to turn into vendor invoices
- Allows flexible payment selection, including partial payments, with a check selection edit list and Memo Payment tracking.
- Optional use of memo transactions. Memo transactions are paid via credit card or other non-check means and these can be applied to your credit card vendor.
- Prints A/P checks and a check register. Four check formats are provided. A blank stub format allows the use of the same checks for both Accounts Payable and Payroll. You save money by purchasing only one set of checks.
- Checks can be generated immediately, a convenient feature for COD processing, etc. This also facilitates receivings and reduces manual check writing and repetitive data entry. For immediate payment, enter a non-A/P payable and print a check for that bill automatically. Immediate checks have the option to be voided and re-printed if not printed correctly the first time.
- Enter and track the kind of purchased from but paid to information involved with credit cards, factoring, sales tax and similar transactions.
- Enter and track sales tax paid on outof-state vendor purchases which may be used to reduce the use tax liability for any state.
- Process transactions against PO receipts and validate any changes against PO amount, requiring an override if different. Create Positive Pay records for transmission to your bank for an effective anti-fraud tool for check disbursements.
- ACH Payments for electronic AP disbursements.
- Keeps a full vendor history showing the details of all entry and payment activity for as long as you want to keep it.
- 1099 printing allows users to print
- 1099s for a range of vendors.
- Label printing provides the printing of a return address.
- When using Job Cost, retainage payables are handled.
- Many standard Accounts Payable reports are available.
May be interfaced to Passport Business Solutions General Ledger, Job Cost and/or Purchase Order, Check Reconciliation, or used stand-alone.
- Tracks money owed by customers. Identifies delinquent bills and helps improve cash flow. Creates quotes, standard bills, and detailed invoices with unlimited notes to communicate products delivered and services rendered in detail.
- Handles open item as well as balance forward customers with unlimited number of A/R accounts and cash accounts. Recurring bills entered, edited and selected to later turn into invoices. Quick pasting of standard bills (lists of standard services and/or goods) into invoices.
- Cash projection reports.
- Automatic calculation and posting of finance charges, with edit list and journal.
- Handles item drop shipping directly from supplier to customer.
- Up to 99 user defined statement formats may be created and stored.
- Sales tax entry for individual line items.
- Allows for reprinting of invoices which have already been printed and posted.
- Handles advance payment/deposit acknowledgments and tracking.
- When invoicing, up to three prepayments may be applied to an A/R invoice.
- Commissions due calculation by either booked invoices or fully paid invoices.
- Up to 99 user designed invoice formats may be used. Formats can be defined to work with preprinted forms, plain paper or company letterhead. Envelopes can be printed separately or together with your statements depending on your hardware.
- Provides invoice history.
- Displays up to 10 description lines per services line item, plus an unlimited notes display for invoices.
- Calculate sales taxes using the tax-ontax method, including Canadian GST and PST.
- Sales tax processing, up to five tax rates per jurisdiction.
- Enhanced Collections Report and View Customer Account, which show current and past due balance, first and last sale date, and last payment date and amount..
- Automatically handles checks returned for reasons such as non-sufficient funds (NSF).
- Records are reversed, including General Ledger distributions. You can easily enter bank charges as well as charges to the customer for returned checks or other credit problems and have the information applied appropriately throughout the system.
- An on-credit-hold flag for individual customers with overdue accounts prevents unauthorized sales.
- Many standard Accounts Receivable reports available.
Runs stand alone or optionally interfaces with PBS General Ledger, Job Cost, Order Entry, Inventory Control, Check Reconciliation, Point-of-Sale, Sales Analysis, and PBS Manufacturing.
Allows manufacturers to plan optimal production based on actual requirements and plant capacity. Production bottlenecks and backload problems are identified before they occur allowing you to be proactive in your plant scheduling. Loading at critical work centers can be planned using the detail capacity planning tools or simulated using the rough cut planning tools. Capacity Planning is a powerful tool for better scheduling, routing, and manpower planning. Important features include:
- Rough cut capacity planning may be done using “bills of resources” to simulate planned growth allowing you to plan your manpower accordingly.
- The Detail Capacity Planning tools convert open and planned manufacturing orders from the MRP schedule to machine and labor resource loads. This allows timephased reporting of resource loads vs. planned work center capacities. Problems can be identified, and the schedule adjusted to improve overall flow on the production floor.
- Labor hour requirements may optionally be converted to timephased dollar budgets for financial planning.
- Detailed reports and displays will allow you to better manage your plant’s capacity and make better overall use of your manpower.
- Maintains checkbooks for money deposited and disbursed in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll.
- Automatically gets deposits and checks from PBS Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll packages.
- General Ledger distributions from checkbook transactions such as back charges, interest earned, etc. can be directly interfaced from Check Reconciliation to the General Ledger package, reducing repetitive date entry.
- Handles an unlimited number of checking accounts.
- An unlimited number of cash accounts are supported that may be shared with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Reconciles checkbooks periodically with bank statements.
- For each checking account, offers the option of either bank–to–book or book–to–bank reconciliation.
- A Close Checkbook selection is provided to remove an obsolete checkbook from the system.
- Handles stop–payment checks and checks that are voided after they have been transferred to the checkbook.
- Provides safeguards against getting your information out of balance or getting tangled up during the reconciliation process.
- Returned check information for NSF checks from Accounts Receivable is automatically handled.
- Voided check information from Payroll and Accounts Payable can be transferred to Check Reconciliation
- Includes a Reconciliation Report, Checkbook Report and Account Activity Report
- The Check Reconciliation package can be integrated with any or all of Passport Business Solutions’ Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Payroll packages. You can transfer information from these packages automatically into the Check Reconciliation package.
Customer Order Processing
Customer Order Processing can help you streamline your order management cycle and improve customer service and satisfaction. You can easily enter sales orders, maintain accurate records, advise customers of order status and item availability, and issue invoices promptly. Sales Analysis and history features provide a valuable tool for management. Customer Order Processing interfaces with many other packages and PBS Accounts Receivable. Features include:
- Complete automation of the order entry function.
- Extensive inquiry and look-up facilities for stock status, orders, prices, customer credit, and product data.
- Document printing for invoices, order acknowledgments, packing lists, shipping labels, and product certifications.
- Invoices and packing lists may be printed to plain paper, pre-printed invoices, or automatically merged with graphical forms that can be customized for your business.
- Invoices, packing lists, sales order acknowledgements, and quotes can be printed to a PDF file in batch, e-mailed to your customers, and archived electronically.
- Coordination of partial shipments, split delivery schedules, original order quantity tracking and “shipped to date quantity” tracking.
- Make-to-order companies can release shop orders while entering sales order lines greatly reducing the time it takes for an order to hit the production floor.
- Job masters can also be created while releasing a shop order from the sales order line. This can be used to track actual costs for a given order and provides comparisons to the estimated costs.
- Sales order status displays allow you to find the status of a sales order quickly and easily. This may be obtained by entering your sales order number or your customer’s ID and PO.
- Shipping schedules can be obtained at any time by scheduled ship date, customer and PO, item or sales order number.
- PTD orders and sales report provides management with a summarized report of daily sales related activity allowing them to keep their finger on the pulse of the organization.
- Categorizes and summarizes accounting data. Provides comprehensive information for financial analysis and control. Custom designed financial statements show profit or loss, assets, liabilities, and equity.
- Produces an overall set of financial statements from a consolidation of multiple companies.
- Supports multiple companies and cost centers and handles up to thirteen accounting periods.
- General Ledger account number structure allows for up to four segments with as many as 17 characters.
- Flexible copying of chart of accounts between companies is provided.
- Unlimited date and time stamped notes can be attached to chart of account records.
- Financial statements can be printed for a set of sub-accounts and a set of cost centers and can be printed in flexible formats which you design. Multiple separate ratios and the date, time and/or report number may optionally be printed on financial statements.
- User-defined accounting ratios can be set up and calculated on financial statements.
- These can be standard accounting rations or customized to meet specific business needs.
- Financial statements can be printed for a set of sub-accounts.
- Wild-carding and account ranges are allowed in financial statement layouts.
- Up to ten lines of notes can be entered for a general journal entry, and printed on the register.
- Recurring general ledger transactions allow for allocations to accounts on a dollar or percentage basis.
- Users can recreate financials from previous years with access to multiple years of General Journal transactions. A Multi-Year Trial Balance Detail feature is also available for previous fiscal years, or any time period you choose. Run summary or detailed financial analysis on transaction activity between any two dates.
- Prints the Working Trial Balance, Trial Balance Reports and the Source Cross Reference (for audit trails).
- Comparative and budget information can be retained for an unlimited number of years. Different budgets may be entered for each year (past, current and future). Reports and financial statements can be easily generated showing budgets and comparatives for previous years. Analyze and track actualize and budgets for yearend projections.
- Federal, state/local and audit type attributes can be entered in the Chart of Accounts file. Using this information, the Tax and Audits Schedules function enables you to prepare and print schedules for tax purposes. User-defined tax and audit schedules provide needed individual transaction level information for a selected range of dates. You can choose to show tracking detail that consists of source journal number and document number.
- Flexible year-end closing procedure.
- A utility allows out put to a standard comma delimited file that can be read by Excel and other popular spreadsheet and database packages.
- Contains a loan amortization program, which gives you information about fixed rate loans.
May be used either independently or interfaced to the Passport Business Solutions Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Check Reconciliation, Inventory Control, Job Cost and/or PBS™ Manufacturing .
- Manage important assets by tracking perpetual inventory to maintain optimum levels.
- Generate complete information on inventory valuation, quantities on hand and committed, and the flow of items sold.
- Tracks inventory at multiple warehouses. Supports multiple costing methods-average, standard, LIFO, and FIFO.
- Permits use of multiple balance sheet inventory accounts.
- Allows user to maintain item data, inventory status, price codes and commission codes.
- Provides special pricing by category, sub-category, and location, supports sale and contract pricing, and generates group price changes.
- Group price changes are allowed. You can change the various prices based on a dollar amount, a percentage or not at all. Rounding can be done by the cent, dollar, based on price point, or not at all.
- Date controlled special sale and contract pricing can be established.
- Two alternate units of measure can be defined per item number. A price code can be attached to each unit of measure. A default unit can be defined for order entry purposes.
- Tracks inventory by unique serial number or lot number and supports alternate items.
- Prints the serial loan report, the flooring report, and the serialized item report by item, by vendor, and by customer.
- Prints the lot numbers report by item, by vendor, and by customer, and allows purging of lot number information.
- Prints the Price List, Inventory Valuation Report, Purchasing Advice Report, Inventory Usage Report, Physical Count Worksheet, ABC Analysis Report, and Inventory Analysis Report.
- Eight unique bar codes can be created for each item.
- Supports input from hand-held terminals for receivings and physical counts.
- Supports kits. A kit is an item that is assembled from other inventory items, using a work order.
- Provides kit and work order reports, including Where Used Report, Kit Price/Cost Report, and Incomplete Work Orders.
- Item label and barcode generator are provided for the setup and printing of item labels and bar codes.
- May be used either independently or integrated with General Ledger, Order Entry, Accounts Receivable, Sales Analysis, Purchase Order, Point-of-Sale, and/or Job Cost.
Job Cost provides the tools you need to track costs, income, and profits related to specific jobs and sub-jobs. Reports that tabulate and examine costs, compare actual with budgeted or estimated costs, and track job billings and payments are available.
- New or in-progress jobs can be easily entered and edited.
- Labor costs, material costs, subcontract costs, profit, and up to five user-defined cost types are tracked for management.
- Cost categories are user-defined.
- Budgets for all detailed costs can be entered. Jobs cannot be activated unless estimates are equal to the job price.
- Budgets are tracked against actual costs incurred.
- Tracks progress in terms of percentage completed and cost remaining to complete.
- Completion estimates can be entered for individual parts of jobs. Generate completion estimate entries for all cost items for a job, as well as an entry for the entire job.
- Completed jobs can be saved for viewing or later restoration to an active status.
- Information for a new job can be quickly created by copying all or part of another job.
- Costs for materials, subcontractors, and supplies can be entered in Accounts Payable and automatically transferred to the right jobs in Job Cost.
- Materials stored in inventory and not yet allocated to any job can be transferred to the appropriate jobs from Inventory Control.
- Billings to and payments from customers can be entered in Accounts Receivable and automatically transferred to the right jobs.
- General journal entries from General Ledger can be transferred to the appropriate jobs. These include distribution of payroll taxes and workers’ compensation insurance premiums to jobs, posting of recognized profit to jobs, and adjustments because of previous entry errors.
- Numerous reports such as Job Status Report, Job Performance Report, Job Profitability Report, Percentage of Completion Report and Cost Category Analysis are available.
Job Cost can be used independently or interfaced with PBS Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Payroll, Inventory Control, and Purchase Order.
Manufacturing Job Costing
Allows you to track actual costs and compare them to your estimated costs on a job by job basis. Quotes may be entered, printed and tracked from Manufacturing Job Costing using existing and non-existing items and labor resources. This information may be used as your estimated cost. You may also opt to use existing items and bills of material in other modules to generate your initial quotes and estimated costs. This package interfaces with Inventory Management and optionally with Product Definition, Customer Order Processing, Product Purchasing, Shop Floor Control, PBS Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll. Some of it’s many features include:
- Job quotation and cost estimate building.
- Optional use of Bills of Material and Routings.
- Entry of job orders with final cost estimate.
- Processing of actual job quantities and costs.
- Production and labor reporting.
- Open job summary reports and displays allow you to monitor job costs in real time.
- Summary and detailed closing reports provide you with a wealth of information on each cost aspect of a job.
- Closed job summary reports and displays allow you to review costs related to past jobs.
Master Scheduling & MRP
Will ensure you have the material you need when you need it. To accomplish this, it provides planning functions for sales, production, and material requirements. The MRP “Explosion” process reviews all inventory supply and demand information, and provides you with reports that contain order action messages to help you meet your current scheduled requirements. This includes re-order, expedite, reschedule, and cancel messages as appropriate. It interfaces with Inventory Management, Product Definition, Customer Order Processing, and Product Purchasing. Highlights include:
- Sales forecasting may be done on and item by item basis or items may be forecasted in groups.
- Master Schedules may be generated and reviewed prior to the full MRP “Explosion”.
- Flexible methods are available for generating Master Schedule and MRP requirements.
- Firm Planned Orders for planning potential future demand.
- User defined planning periods (bucketless MRP).
- User defined forecasting periods which may differ from the planning periods.
- Order pegging option allows you to peg a requirement to its source.
- Detailed order action reporting for all items.
- Items can be assigned to specific planners making reviewing information quicker and easier.
- Purchase Order Action report may be printed by vendor making ordering materials a simple task.
- Many reports and on-line displays are available that will allow you to simplify your material requirements function.
Order Entry processes customer orders quickly and accurately. Includes inventory availability check and commitment when entering orders, provides customer information and calculates discount levels. Tracks and processes serial numbers and lot control. Handles multi-warehouse, multi-stocking unit features and backorders.
- Supports multiple companies, multiple profit centers, and multiple warehouses.
- Orders may be invoiced when entered (one-step billing) or held as open orders for later billing (two-step process). Prints invoices for all orders billed. Invoices may be selectively reprinted.
- Orders and billings automatically adjusts inventory in Inventory Control and automatically feeds billing information to Accounts Receivable and sales history reporting.
- Unlimited notes may be stored with orders. They are not printed on invoices and may be used internally to assist in processing orders. Line item notes (text) can also be entered and will print on invoices.
- Picking tickets may be printed for open orders.
- Recurring orders may be entered and activated at any time. They may also be used as blanket orders. Automatic selection of recurring orders is provided.
- Provides for entry of quotations and RMAs (Return Merchandise Authorization), loans and rentals with simple conversion to orders or credit memos.
- Provides ability to sell and return items in alternate units.
- Supports special pricing structures in Inventory Control, including sale, contract, and multi-warehouse prices.
- Individual line items can be taxed at different rates.
- Includes back order processing, with reports and ability to automatically fill back orders when items become available.
- Allows entry of serial-numbered and lot-controlled items. Generates serial numbers as part of the order entry/pick process.
- User-defined shipping and COD labels may be printed. Both individual order and group printing modes are provided.
- PDF invoices may be emailed to customers.
- Supports EDI Import, Export and Status Report options.
- Requires PBS Inventory Control and
- Accounts Receivable in order to run.
- May be interfaced directly to PBS Sales Analysis and General Ledger through Accounts Receivable and Inventory Control.
- Maintains employee data, calculates taxes, handles deductions and prints payroll checks. Eliminates the process of manually preparing tax information.
- Handles both hourly and salaried employees on daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semimonthly, monthly, and quarterly pay frequencies.
- Multi-state/multi-city payroll within a pay period available. Fixed earnings, 401k and fixed before-tax deductions are prorated across states and/or cities.
- Multiple pay rates per employee handles shift differentials and employees with varying jobs and/or locations paying different rates within the same pay period. When entering payroll transactions, you can have up to 10 different pay rates per pay period or state. You can easily override any employee’s special pay rate at transaction entry time.
- Handles supplemental earnings, and a variety of special deductions and earnings, including 401(k) plans and direct deposits.
- Deductions and earnings codes can be calculated as a percentage of earnings. Supplemental earnings can be calculated as a percentage of gross pay.
- Additional deductions and earnings are allowed per pay period check. A total of 18 voluntary deductions or 15 earnings are available.
- Additional payroll deductions facilitate the handling of cafeteria plan benefits.
- Flexible methods of accruing vacation and sick time, such as by hours per quarter or hours worked (ideal for part-time employees), are available.
- Vacation and bonus checks can be processed and printed separately in the same run as regular paychecks.
- Checks the employee history file to verify a Social Security number has not already been used.
- Automatic or manual checks can be voided individually or by the entire check run.
- Prints payroll checks and a check register, history report, union deductions report, and hours report as well as a standard quarterly report, a 1099 report (for non-employee compensation), and a year-end W-2 information report.
- Create Positive Pay records for transmission to your bank.
- Can be interfaced to Passport Business Solutions Check Reconciliation, General Ledger and Job Cost, or can be run independently.
Payroll ACH Direct Deposit
- Allows employees to have their paychecks deposited directly into their own bank.
- Direct deposits can be made to multiple financial institutions, and each employee can have amounts directly deposited in to up to fifteen bank accounts.
- Employees can choose to have a portion of their pay put into a separate account, such as a savings account or credit union, and still receive the balance of their pay on an actual check.
- Generates the ACH formatted files, provides additional information on the Direct Deposit Register, including Trace Number & Pre-Notification.
- Simplifies the check reconciliation process for the company as direct deposits are cleared almost immediately.
- Does not require a separate database for employee information. Everything is contained within the PBS Payroll module.
Single screen transaction entry makes the Passport Business Solutions Point of Sale easy to use and easy to train others to use.
- Supports Point-of-Sale “payment” codes (cash, check, credit card) as well as Accounts Receivable “terms” Codes for open accounts.
- Has full-featured five level contract pricing and special sale pricing.
- Price lookup window allows selection of item price 1/2/3 or a price previously paid by a customer for a specific item.
- Handles layaway processing of payments, cancellations and forfeits. Cancelled and forfeited layaway transactions may be retrieved from a new layaway history file and reinstated.
- Quotes can be used to handle simple quoting needs of many businesses and can also be re-used as a standard quote or standard order.
- Handles serial and lot number items on the transaction screen.
- Processes credit card transactions. Ability to mask a credit card number during receipt and invoice printing
- Complete support for multiple warehouses. A single order can be filled from multiple warehouses.
- Items may be drop-shipped directly to a customer.
- Individual line items can be marked as taxable or non-taxable.
- Items and services can be discounted by percentage or dollar amount.
- Record miscellaneous and freight charges for each transaction.
- Alias file allows alias numbers to be assigned to items and services. Assign quick entry item/service numbers and support product bar codes.
- Previous invoices can be easily retrieved for changes or reprinting.
- The complete invoice transaction process (entry, payment, delivery) is handled in a single step.
- An entire transaction can be discounted by percentage.
- Up to 99 lines of item and transaction comments. Up to 99 tenders on each transaction
- Credit memo transaction types handle inventory returns and other customer credits.
- Users can be restricted from overriding credit limits and prices, entering payouts from the register, accepting check overpayments, and deleting transactions. Specific customers can be restricted to certain payment methods. Price overrides are available with security, logging, and reporting.
- Additional register functions available during transaction entry: Lock Register, Open Drawer, Payout, Change User, Hold Transaction, Retrieve Last Hold and List Store Holds.
- Immediate printing for invoices, receipts, picking tickets, and shipping labels. Print invoices on pre-printed forms or plain paper.
- Supports cash drawers, invoicing, order processing, receipt printers and bar codes from Inventory Control.
Along with Inventory Management, helps to form the foundation of PBS Manufacturing . It allows you to create and maintain bills of material, work centers on the shop floor, and manufacturing routings. Estimated or standard product costs may be automatically calculated from this information using Product Definition’s cost roll-up tools. The information in this package may be used to simplify tasks like Material Requirements Planning, Capacity Planning, Shop Floor Scheduling and Job Costing. Highlights include:
- Single level, indented, and summarized bills of material.
- Single level component lists where used.
- Component effective dates allow you to add and obsolete items over time and retain a full bill of material history.
- Component fit lead time allows you to schedule a component to be available at some time after the start of production.
- Low level coding speeds up data processing.
- Automated cost roll-up tools.
- Build new standard costs outside of your item masters and post them when the new cost period starts (when using Standard Costing method in inventory).
- Standard operations may be established and used to identify common tasks quickly and easily in product routings. Changes to these tasks may be posted to all routings to reduce maintenance time when changes are needed.
- Comprehensive engineering references may be attached to each BOM item along with detailed instructions to each routing operation.
- Numerous reports and displays allow easy access to all information stored in Product Definition.
Professional Time and Billing
Professional Time and Billing is designed for professional service firms who bill for services on the basis of time. Track how valuable staff time is spent, monitor client expenses, print invoices and statements, collect receivables and print vital management reports to help better analyze the productivity and profitability of your business.
- Records for multiple companies and profit centers can be kept and consolidated.
- Service codes, expense codes, and descriptions can be maintained on file.
- Billable and non-billable services and expenses can be tracked.
- Time can be tracked on both dollars and hours.
- Unlimited number of matters (a case, project or item handled for a client) may be entered for each client. Service and expense billing terms are defined separately allowing flexibility in fee arrangements.
- Unlimited number of work-in-process and advance billing accounts may be used.
- Unlimited number of date/time stamped notes can be entered for each client.
- Time and expense sheets may be entered and posted for each staff member.
- Up to ten description lines per service or expense item on any time sheet may be entered.
- Work-in-process for a matter may be viewed on screen by date, or by service and expense code.
- Work-in-process may be selected for billing by cut-off date, or by service and expense code.
- Retainers and fixed fee matters may be billed automatically on periodic (recurring) basis.
- Cash received for retainers or fixed fee matters may be entered during billing.
- Invoices and cash receipts may be posted to Accounts Receivable. Invoice and statement formats are easily customized.
- Previously posted invoices may be voided, resulting in work-in-process being reinstated.
- Numerous productivity, profitability and history reports are available by client, service or staff. Aging reports based on user-defined aging periods may also be printed.
Professional Time and Billing requires PBS Accounts Receivable, and may optionally be interfaced to General Ledger and Check Reconciliation.
- Helps manage goods and services ordering, delivery tracking, and improves spending controls.
- Allows numeric or alphanumeric purchase order numbers up to 15 characters in length.
- Allows up to 999 lines per purchase order and up to 200 characters of description for any line item.
- Handles multiple drop purchase orders if you receive goods at more than one location.
- Handles blanket purchase orders and releases against them.
- Handles order quantities up to 10,000,000 or down to 0.00001.
- Allows different units and conversion factors to be used for stocking, ordering, and receiving.
- Provides for inventory serialized and lot controlled item to enter the serial and lot numbers when receiving.
- For any line item, allows up to four separate deliveries to the same or different locations.
- Allows for receiving of goods on a line–by–line basis or for the entire purchase order at once.
- Allows for receivings of goods not previously entered on a purchase order.
- Informs you of incomplete shipments, both on the screen and on reports.
- Keeps track of prices that were unknown at the time goods were received.
- Able to print item labels when posting received purchase orders.
- During Purchase Order Receivings, you are now able to see the running total received against the open Purchase Order, taking receipt of goods knowing that the purchase order matches perfectly.
Or, take a partial delivery and know instantly how much is yet to be delivered in dollars and cents.
- Prints a Purchasing Advice Report and Purchasing Worksheet to help you identify what should be purchased.
- Prints an Expedite Shipment Report, a Follow–Up Past Due Shipments Report and a Receipts in Excess of Quantity Ordered Report.
Requires PBS Accounts Payable and optionally works with Inventory Control and Job Cost.
Helps you identify your best customers, best selling items and services, productive sales reps, and strong sales regions.
- Five-year comparative information for customers and items can be used to create monthly, quarterly, or yearly analysis reports.
- You can save up to 16 selections for each report by assigning a report name and description.
- Costs, margins, percent of sales and percent of margin can be selectively included or excluded from reports.
- You can select a range of customers, items, services, sales representatives, zip codes, states, dates, and more, depending on the report.
- Summary reports without detail can be printed.
- Requires PBS Accounts Receivable and/or Inventory Control or PBS Point-of-Sale
Shop Floor Control
Provides production management with accurate and timely information on jobs, work-in-process, and production activity. It allows detailed planning and scheduling, and highlights shop floor problems as they occur. This package interfaces with Inventory Management, Product Definition, and optionally with Master Scheduling and MRP, Manufacturing Job Costing, and PBS Payroll. Important features of Shop Floor Control include:
- Allows printing of shop order paperwork including shop order pick lists and routings (with or without barcodes).
- Job and employee production reporting by operation
- Reporting of manufacturing resource utilization and efficiency
- Bar coding data collection options for shop activity and production reporting functions
- Detailed shop order schedules are available by work center in reports or in real-time in displays
- Check the status of a shop order in seconds and even drill down to the detailed labor transactions for any scheduled operation
- Employee labor reports allow you to monitor all transactions on an order by order, or employee by employee basis
- Tight integration to the Manufacturing Job Costing module automates the creation of the initial “estimated costs” in a job master Shop Order “explosion” process allows you to perform a single or multi-level explosion on orders
- The single level explosion allocates level 1 components to the shop order according to the BOM
- The multi-level explosion will perform the same function of the single level explosion, but when it encounters a manufactured component, it checks to see if there’s sufficient inventory available to meet the need. If so, it allocates the material and continues the process. If not, it creates a new shop order to meet the requirement, and automatically back schedules it to be ready in time to meet the requirement. This process continues until the entire indented BOM has been exploded
Reviews of Passport Business Solutions Write a Review
An anonymous Passport Business Solutions user says...
It was an easier switch due to the fact I was changing over from Real World and PBS is the same format
The good: Ease of use
The bad: Problems getting in touch with reseller at first