JDH OpS a Unique Solution
JDH OpS is a fully integrated enterprise management system (ERP and CRM) designed to automate all operations of a growing business including sales, purchasing, accounting, inventory control, production control and payroll. It is ideally suited for small and medium organizations that distribute, manufacture, construct or rent products and services.
JDH OpS is designed for rapid implementation and ease of administration. It provides your business with fully integrated modules to perform all necessary back office and front office activities without re-entering data into multiple data stores. Data once recorded in any functional module is available for viewing, referencing or processing everywhere in the system JDHOpS is a real time system that provides instant, detailed and accurate information for all departments and functions within your enterprise, and at any security level you assign.
Flexible and expandable, OpS can grow with you as your business grows and changes. It is a state of the art system, designed to take full advantage of the windows environment that is supported on all commonly available PC systems. JDHOpS incorporates support for multiple companies, multiple business units, multiple warehouses and multiple currencies at both the selling and purchasing level.
We offer a full range of services to ensure a successful system implementation. This includes our unique BPR (Business Process Review) and software customization that ensures the system will match the customer’s requirements, customized training to reflect the Customer’s organization, Data conversion and post installation support.
Typical Customer Benefits
As a result of the automatic inventory replenishment and maintenance of economic order quantities and order points our customer’s are able to maintain safety stocks of at least 99% in a fast changing environment.
Reduced Inventory Levels
The automated inventory management features ensure that inventory levels for slow moving stock is quickly detected and reduced to optimal levels. This results in improved inventory turns and an increase in stakeholder value by increasing the return on capital.
Improved Quality Accuracy and Turn around of Customer Orders
This is accomplished by the automatic flow of information from the quote to the order to the pick lists and invoice with no data re-entry.
Reduction in Overhead Costs
In the world of eroding margins this is becoming increasingly more important for the survival of any enterprise. With Ops the productivity of the administrative staff is substantially improved as a result of the tight integration between order, work order, shipping and invoicing processes eliminating multiple data entry and/or maintenance of external spreadsheets.
Improved Financial reporting
Our customers are able to get accurate financial and other stakeholder monthly reports within 5 business days of the month end, as a result of the tight integration between the sales / payables systems and the general ledger including automated posting between these systems.
As a result of determining which products and customers are generating the most margin and facilitating management’s focus in those areas.
Improved Work In Process Inventory
As a result of ensuring that critical (long lead time parts) do not hold up work orders that already have a substantial labour investment. This is achieved by the advanced Material Planning Features (MRP) that take into account multi-level Bills of Material (BOM).
Improve Customer Service and Sales Revenue
This is achieved with our integrated business to business e-commerce web system that allows the customer to manage and place their own orders and view order status.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
JDH OpS delivers outstanding functionality for the managing and accessing of customer or prospect data. Features include:
- Customer/prospect profile entry and maintenance including bill-to location, preferred shipping method, currency, rules for applicable taxes, Credit, Payment Terms, Pricing, co-op and volume rebates and other settings to control system processing for a particular customer/prospect. Also unlimited notes that track date/time and contact for the specific note, etc.
- Unlimited number of ship-to locations and contacts per customer/prospect
- A complete view of all customer activities including quotes, orders and invoices
- Automated update of important financial indicators for each customer from other system transactions
- Ability to maintain customer types SIC codes and other categories for marketing purposes
- Ability to assign multiple lead sources to each customer/prospect for the purpose of evaluating effectiveness of marketing or other promotional programs.
- Customer/prospect lists in a variety of formats by either sales rep, territory, industry code, lead source, purchases of either specific products or products belonging to selected groups, or contact type and either print the list or output in mailing label format
- Capability to enter and maintain unlimited notes with associated status, contact name, date time, any follow up action and other correspondence with a customer or prospect
- A Variety of management and action oriented reports
The general ledger system is the final repository for all transactions that affect the Company’s accounts. The OpS general ledger system maintains budgeted and actual information by account by period for the current year and previous two years. The GL supports up to 18 fiscal monthly periods. The fiscal period end dates are user definable. This allows the GL to be actively continued for six months after the year end has occurred. Journal entries created by the accounting firm can be posted to the prior year allowing a full reconciliation and balancing between the Ops GL and the accounting statements for the year end. Furthermore any prior period adjustments will automatically be reflected in the subsequent period opening balances. OpS Order Entry / AR, Purchasing / AP, Job Costing and Payroll have automatic feeds to the general ledger.
- Flexible account code structure that includes division, department and sub account code.
- Ability to set a common chart of accounts for multiple companies.
- Ability to set up and maintain account codes and associated budget and historical actual data.
- Ability to set up journal entries for miscellaneous account transactions. The journal entries can optionally be set up on a recurring basis or on an automatic reversing basis.
- Ability to set up account redistribution tables that will redistribute amounts in one account to a series of other accounts on a percentage basis.
- Posting function that posts all journal entries and other automatically generated account transactions to the general ledger.
- Year end processing that clears the P&L accounts, moves the cleared amounts to retained earnings and ages the current and previous year information.
The following is a partial list of the reporting capability in the General Ledger system:
- Ability to print posted and unposted transactions for audit trail purposes.
- Trial Balance report.
- Account analysis reports by either account, department, division or any combination for a selectable range of accounting periods.
- A highly flexible capability for generating financial statements. The P&L or Balance sheet reports can be run for all divisions/departments or for selected divisions/departments. The output is available in multiple optional formats. These formats control the information printed in the report columns (such as Current Year Actual, Current Year Budget, Previous Year Actual, etc.). The report may also be printed at the individual account level or summarized by account category for presentation level reporting. The number of account categories is unlimited and set at the account level.
Inventory Control and Management
The Inventory system provides the capability for tracking and maintaining inventory information. The system maintains all incoming transactions through the purchasing / AP system and all outgoing transactions through the Order Entry/AP system. In addition the inventory system allows for separate adjustment transactions for modifying the quantity on hand. The inventory system tracks quantities on purchase orders, in stock, allocated to customer orders and on rentals. In addition we offer an optional RF module (described in the following section) that allows tracking of Inventory movements within a Warehouse as well as pick to order and other features.
Features of the Inventory System are:
- Ability to track inventory in an unlimited number of warehouses. This includes the tracking of quantity on hand, allocated to customer orders as well as outstanding on supplier purchase orders. Warehouses may be designated as Available or Unavailable from an inventory perspective.
- Creation and maintenance of Product data including associated bills of material and process routings (for work orders) if required. Setting of inventory rules for stocking; order point and EOQ quantities for stocked parts as well as group and subgroup codes. Maintenance of cost information including standard, weighted average and last costs. Maintaining preferred supplier and associated part number for creation of purchase requisitions, maintaining product weight and physical dimensions and maintaining Rental and Warranty information. Support for multiple vendors and /or manufacturers of a given part with associated costs and Units of Measure (UOM).
- A full regeneration of the material planning (MRP) that balances orders, inventory and PO quantities and creates purchase requisitions for any material shortfalls. The MRP module supports two modes a standard mode and a time phased mode where material lead times are taken into account. MRP will account for all material required in an assembly if there is insufficient quantity on hand. That is it will perform a multi level explosion of the bill and create a demand for the component parts.
- Tracking of inventory serial numbers for products classified as serialized.
- Automatic relief of component parts when assemblies are shipped that do not have a sufficient quantity on hand.
- Kit assembly with appropriate work instructions can be provided in paper format or electronically to a work cell.
The following is a partial list of the Inventory system reporting capability:
- Product price list internal with cost and selling price. Product price list for customer with customer pricing and selectable for different groups of products.
- Inventory valuation reports based on either standard or weighted average cost. These reports are available at the summary level or will also provide details of the inventory warehouse distribution.
- Detailed audit transaction reports with selection capability for transaction type, product group or product code showing all transactions that have effected inventory levels.
- Receiving report for a user selectable date range.
- Serial tracking report for selectable, products, product groups or serial numbers. With the ability to view all serial numbers or only those currently in a physical warehouse.
The order entry module incorporates all of the processes and functions associated with processing orders. This includes creating and maintaining orders, releasing orders for subsequent purchasing or production processing, picking and shipping orders, receiving purchased material for orders, Invoicing, commission calculation and cash management.
Features of the system are:
- Full integration with customer and product management facilities
- Efficient entry and management of customer orders, including Back Order tracking, Creation and printing of Pick Lists, Packing Slips and Invoices, ability to hold orders prior to release and ability to add unlimited notes that track date/time and contact for the specific note.
- Flexible controls to apply the sophisticated business rules to order processing
- A number of automated processes to assure that orders are fulfilled and shipped on time
- Order release processing, including demand creation for product and sub-components (based on Bills of Material multi-level) and creation of purchase requisitions for all material shortages to either manufacture or ship the product from stock.
- Back order allocation system for allocating bulk receipts to outstanding customer orders.
- Ability to handle Volume rebate programs on a customer specific basis as well as co-op programs for specific customers and products.
- Cash management including AR cash receipts, miscellaneous cash receipts, deposits on account and NSF processing.
- Automated interface to General Ledger for sales, cost of sales, inventory and cash and full audit trail on transactions.
- Variety of forms for order acknowledgement, packing slips, invoices, pick tickets and customer statements.
- Extensive number of operational, financial and statistical reports. The Ops system maintains all orders and invoices until purged at the customer’s discretion. The ability to view historical sales and gross margin data based on any selected date range, sales rep, territory, customer, product, or product class is provided.
The Purchasing / AP system provides the capability for creating and printing Purchase Orders, Receiving products, Processing Supplier Invoices, Processing and Printing Cheques. The system automatically reconciles quantities ordered on purchase orders to quantities received on packing slips and supplier invoices. This feature facilitates the traditional problems of matching and reconciling three separate sets of Documentation. Features of the system are:
- Supplier creation and maintenance including payment terms, currency, buyer assignment, 1099 terms and the ability to specify a financing supplier. The latter feature allows the system to reconcile PO’s placed with one supplier with invoices received from a financing supplier.
- Ability to set user specified codes on invoices to allow for a predetermined distribution of the invoice to general ledger accounts.
- Creation and maintenance of Purchase Requisitions and associated Purchase Orders, including such features as the ability to bundle specific product items on the PO for situations where the products are not individually purchased and unlimited notes that track date/time and contact for the specific note. Purchase orders may be placed using a different UOM than the stocking UOM.
- Creation and maintenance of receipt packing slips for inventory products both serialized and standard. Support for multiple receipts for a PO and tracking of cumulative receipt quantities for each PO line item. Calculation of landed unit cost including currency, freight and duty when the product is received.
- Creation and maintenance of supplier invoices for inventory and non inventory products with the ability to match the item to received quantities on purchase orders for inventory items. The system maintains cumulative quantities received and invoiced for each PO line thereby eliminating the paperwork matching process. Also maintained is the invoice and PO price for variance tracking at the invoice detail level. Supplier invoices may be created for one shot vendors, they may be placed on hold for payment, and they may be paid individually with a manual cheque.
- The payment processing module allows for the selection of unpaid approved invoices based on either Bank Account, Due date, supplier, pay group or any combination of the above. When the list is presented the operator may select any portion of the list for full or partial payment. Once selected for processing the system creates AP payment vouchers and the user may then print the AP cheques.
- The Cheque Processing module allows the user to select cheques for printing, to void cheques and to reconcile cheques to the bank statement.
- Automatic interface to General Ledger, for invoiced purchases, Receipts that have not yet been Invoiced (Accrued Payables) and cheques issued. These transactions are posted to the various cost of sales/expense accounts, inventory and bank accounts with a full audit trail of all accounting transactions.
The following is a partial list of the available Purchasing / AP reporting capability:
- Accounts payable and payments due reports.
- Payment and purchase history based on either date or supplier or invoice.
- Detailed month end journal reports for purchases and payments.
- Outstanding requisition reports based on supplier and agent responsible for the supplier.
- Detailed back order report by supplier
This module enables sales staff to provide customers and prospects with complex quotations and then translate them into orders. Key features include:
- Efficient interface for quote entry and management
- Ability to maintain a sales prospect database including multiple contacts and titles and multiple ship locations
- Variety of customizable forms to print purchase agreements, sophisticated quotes and proposals. Ability to set up group custom titles for the purpose of output printing as well as for grouping (option) of component prices.
- Ability to designate quotes as templates and use the templates as building blocks for the creation of new quotes. Also the ability to duplicate quotations for either the same or alternate customer or prospect.
- Automated conversion of approved quotes into order transactions for immediate order processing
- Flexible price calculation controls including margin percentage, markup and discount
- Immediate access to product information including inventory availability, pricing and other product attributes while entering a quote
- Automatic calculation and display of sales margin in dollars and percentage for each item and for the entire quote.
- Facility to create quotes for bill of material type products, either displaying all items or just the group header. Also the facility to have pricing displayed at the item level, group level, or just a total for the entire quotation. You can even modify part descriptions without altering the original system part description.
- Facility to create quotations for periodic billings. The periodicity of the billings is either by month, quarter or year. The periodic billing function when activated will scan all quotations designated as periodic and will create either open orders, shipped orders or only Invoices (user selectable) for these quotes. Also the ability is provided to select quotes by Keyword.
- Sales management and forecast reports
Each quotation has a number of key information components that are used to track and assist in the sales management function. This includes the probability of winning the quote, the expected award date and the quote status (Open, Won, Lost. Other).
The system has a number of key management reports. A Monthly Sales Activity report by rep identifies quotations opened awarded and lost for the month and tracks the activities of the individual sales representatives. A sales forecast report identifies and projects sales by customer and by time frame. It shows all open quotations based on expected award date and probability of winning. The combination of these and other reports provide a powerful sales management tool.
Time and Attendance
The JDHOPS Time and Attendance (T&A) is fully integrated with the Ops Job Costing and Payroll modules.
The system is designed using a rugged Linux terminal that supports magnetic card and bar code scanning. The magnetic card reader is typically used to scan an employee’s personalized Time Card that is encoded with their employee ID information. The bar code reader is used to scan the job code that the employee is working on. In Ops the Job Costing module has the ability to print bar codes on the work order sheet.
The T&A System is comprised of one or more Linux terminals connected to a central scanning system. Features of the system include the following:
- The Linux terminal is capable of operating in a stand alone mode or in a polled mode. In the Stand Alone Mode the system will operate in the event that the central scanning system has failed or crashed for whatever reason. The software in the terminal will detect if the scanning system is operational. If it is not operational the software will allow for transactions to be created with no central editing of the data and store these transactions in the terminal. When the scanning unit subsequently comes back on line it will upload all transactions that were entered into the terminal while the scanning system was off line.
- In the Polled Mode each transaction entered into the data terminal is interactively validated by the scanning system. These validations include checking the employee number, status and job number(s).
- The system tracks plant attendance and allows for viewing of staff members that are present as well as those that are absent.
- Ability to record time spent on individual work orders. The system also manages situations where employees are working on more than one work order concurrently.
- The system supports overtime calculations based on customer specific business rules.
- Individual employee transactions may be handled from any terminal. Because the employee status files are centrally maintained in the scanning system it is possible to have employees CLOCK IN at one terminal and CLOCK OUT at another terminal.
- The scanning system automatically maintains the job end transactions. These transactions are created when the employee clocks out of the factory. Similarly when he comes back for the next shift he will be automatically logged back on to the jobs that he left the previous shift. When an employee logs on to a new job the system automatically logs him off the previous job or jobs he was working on.
- Special job end functions are incorporated to process employees that work through the midnight shift to ensure that hours are reported in the correct days for the purposes of payroll and month end cut offs.
- The matching of start and end times creates a time record that can be edited manually to allow for either incorrect scanning or any error that has occurred in the process. Matched time records are transferred to the Job Costing system.
- A variety of status and management reports (such as job activity, employee productivity, etc.)