The Public Warehouse Management System is a software suite created to fit the needs of companies handling perishable products. This product is designed specifically for: cold storage facilities, produce and perishable products, and other general public warehouses. This product gives you the following benefits:
- Movement and storage charges automatically generate invoices.
- Kitting and production tracking will allow you to easily respond to special customer requirements
- Fast and accurate order entry, and standard customer orders saves you and your staff hours of time in data entry
- Automated accounts receivables allows you to improve collections
- Automatic inventory adjustments at receipt or selling time will allow you to manage your difficult inventory
- The perpetual inventory management and sales trend analysis gives you everything you need to satisfy your customers.
- Avoid Emergencies with timely reporting of problematic orders and items.
- Save Money with fast and accurate financial reporting of all areas of your business.
The Accounts Payable module gives you everything you need to setup vendors, create payments, interact with the General Ledger, Purchasing and produce purchases and cash disbursements journals. With this module you will be able to track and analyze vendor history, age open items, automatically take vendor discounts and report future cash requirements by weekly period. Some of the features of this module include:
- Vendor master specifies alternative purchases from addresses, default G/L account, payment terms, ship via, FOB and other vendor information.
- Enter invoices, credit memos, office checks and adjustments.
- Automate the processing and selecting of vendor invoices for payment, by due date or discount date.
- Print checks for selected invoices automatically
- Any transaction entered including checks may be distributed to as many different G/L accounts as your organization may require.
- Flagged vendors have automatic payments suspended
- Input audit reports and journals are available for all functions that interface with the A/P balance or G/L posting.
Some of the reports available in this module are:
- Pre Check Writing Report
- Daily Check Register
- Monthly Check Register
- Vendor Master List
- Cash Requirements List
- Past Due Report
- Vendor 1099’s
- Cash Requirements Summary
- Cash Requirements Aging
- Current Transactions
- Transaction History
- A/P Aging Report
The Accounts Receivable module maintains, updates, and reports customer information including order invoices, credit memos, payments and adjustments. This module interfaces with Order Processing, General Ledger and Sales Analysis. Some of the features of this product include:
- Customer accounts are supported using the open item structure
- Print statements for all customers, for a range or by territory/salesman.
- Setup as many different payment terms as you need
- Customers can be placed on holds due to exceeding credit limits
- When customer accounts are flagged and placed on hold the system will automatically calculate late charges
- Customer payments are applied to a specific invoice.
- Payment history will give you a date sequenced listing, complete audit trail and collection information on each customer.
- After posting transactions to the G/L, cash receipt journals can be printed.
- Sales taxes can be set up for every state, county and local taxing authority combination that exists.
Reports available within this module include:
- A/R Aging Report
- Extended A/R Aging Report
- Customer Master List
- Customer Labels
- Input Audit Report
- Past Due Report
- Abbreviated Customer Master Listing
- Deposit Slip
- Bad Drivers License Report
- Detailed Aging Report
- Cash Receipts & Sales Journals
- History Report
Bill of Materials
The Bill of Materials (BOM) subsystem allows multi-level structures to be created and organized to form BOMs. Structures interface with inventory, sales analysis, purchasing and order processing, ensuring accurate inventory levels, sales tracking, and materials planning. There are four different structure types: Production, Finish, Selling and Receiving. Additionally, Option Based Order Entry is made possible through the use of Material Links and Material Modifiers.
- Production - The Production structure is used to plan for raw materials requirements needed to produce an item or sub-assembly. Raw material inventory is automatically reduced as a result of using this structure.
- Finish - The Finish Structure is used to find the optimal combination, options, or choices available for a specific item. Meaning this structure can be used to select the finish color of wood, fabric for upholstery, back type of chairs, table top options, or any other customized choice you may need. This eliminates the time consuming task of entering an item number for every combination of components. Another benefit of this structure is that it reduces the maintenance of inventory masters, and eliminates the maintenance of BOM structures.
- Selling - The selling structure groups items that are sold together under a single item number. Groups are tracked per component for more accurate sales analysis. So for example, tables and chair appear as a set of the table and the number of chairs for sales analysis and inventory purposes, while being priced as a set.
- Receiving - The receiving structure is used for sub-items that are in inventory but at the vendor site for use in the construction of an item that eventually will be received. This is necessary if some of the raw materials are stored at the vendors site and used for our products. If we do not store products at the vendors site, a receiving structure is not necessary.
Material links provide a connection between an item and the material required to build or ship that item. These will allow your engineers to setup a manufacturing process for an item, regardless of how many different types of materials it’s ordered in. Additionally, material links allow you to setup one manufacturing process of multiple similar items that vary in size. Whereas, without material links in your system you would be required to setup a separate BOM structure for each variation. All material links are automatically tied into option based order entry to give even more functionality.
The BOM subsystem also features MRP functions allowing you to perform projected production, regular production, materials management and reporting. This system will give you a good indicator of the products and raw materials needed to fill actual and projected demand. This allows your purchasing department to look into the future, and see an accurate measure of what items or materials are needed for existing and new production orders; reducing the chances of running low in stock.
The General Ledger module gives you the ability to budget, control, and accumulate individual financial transactions to produce financial statements. Journal entries can be posted manually or setup for automatic posting. All financial statements can be customized to fit your company. The chart of accounts allows you to define numbering and account descriptions. Some additional features of this module are:
- Account information can be retrieved quickly with the account inquiry functionality
- Account budgets can be created and maintained individually per account by period, or for all periods by account.
- G/L posting journal reports are printed when automatic posting is initiated; additionally input reports, journals and trial balance reports provide total security throughout the system.
- Any transaction may display a memo to the G/L for notes or reference.
- You can keep any number of accounting periods open at one point in time
- As many as 1200 companies and up to 1200 departments or organizations per company can be supported.
- Begin new periods or fiscal years before completing closing entries for the prior period.
The reports available from this program are:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Consolidated Income Statement
- Consolidated Balance Sheet
- Departmental Income Statement
- Overhead Distribution Report
- Chart of Accounts
- General Ledger
- G/L Monthly Journals
- G/L Trial Balance
- Input Audit Report
- G/L Journal Posting Report
- G/L Account History
- General Ledger by Account
- Month and Year End Closing
The Inventory Control subsystem is tailored to manufacturers, distributors, and retailers. This solution will help you manage your inventory and improve production scheduling to increase turn-over and reduce shrinkage. The inventory master is maintained with daily stock movements and facilitates segregation of data by company and by warehouse. This module features the inventory calculations, analysis, and reports you need to make key decisions and lower your inventory carrying costs. Variations of each item no longer require you to create a new item/style number for variations of an item or style, saving you time and space in the inventory master; in addition to greatly reducing maintenance tasks. Order Processing, Work Orders, Production Orders, Transfers, and Purchasing all integrate with Inventory Control to provide a powerful “Just in Time” inventory management system.
The Item Record maintains information such as vendor, product class, G/L class, and product type (i.e. build to order, regular inventory, non-stocked, pseudo- item, FIFO required, time limited item, combination item, serial number required, exchange required, and finished item). Items in the record can be looked up by number, alpha key, description, or alpha key and description combination. Units of measure can be established for each item relative to purchasing and selling units. Each inventory item also will have ware house records, showing location, warehouse, or store information such as ABC class, sales tax status, promotional, min/max reorder points, Date last ordered, date last sold, FOB cost, last cost, Avg cost, quantities, units of measure and more. Each item can have a detailed description stored on it, and all item records are able to have additional custom fields assigned by your staff, attached to them. Item packaging information, regarding cube size and carton code, is also stored with item information. As transactions occur, and items are removed from inventory, quantities available for sale are updated; the system even keeps track of items reserved for sales orders, on-hand, outstanding P.O’s, and transfers.
The item master is automatically updated from receiving for adjusted cost, last cost and moving weighted average. Adjusted cost is automatically calculated by multiplying the freight factor by the FOB cost. Additionally, you are able to view a complete movement history over multiple years, months, or days for each item, by location, warehouse, or store. Furthermore, this system automatically calculates lead time by suing the actual lapsed time between when a PO is issued to a vendor and when the items are received.
The following reports are available with this module:
- Inventory Master List
- Daily Transaction Journals
- Stock Status Report
- Reorder Report
- Price Status Report
- Inventory Movement Report
- Physical Inventory Count Sheets
- Input Audit Report
- Bill of Material Structures
- Product Catalog
- Price Tags
- Stock Condition
- Stock Condition by Vendor
- Floating Reorder Report
- Purchase Reorder Report
- Store Requirements Report
- Special Prices Report
- Price Sheet By Price Category
The Order Processing subsystem gives you an automated and more efficient method of processing Customer Orders and Invoicing. Order Processing is integrated with the Inventory Control, Purchasing Order Tracking, Sales Analysis, Accounts Receivable, Production Tracking, and General Ledger modules. This product can process multiple order types:
- Sales orders
- Invoice Only (post-shipment entry)
- Production orders
- Job orders
- Retail order
- Broker orders
- Drop Ship orders
- Memo orders
Some additional features of this module are:
- Intelligent search capabilities
- Default order information entry from customer master files
- Credit authorization via Accounts Receivable integration
- Support of multiple ship to addresses
- Side marks can be specified by order and tagged by item
- Enter and process Quotes, which can be modified and converted into orders
- Price matrix allows you to price on multiple combinations of Price Categories, Preferred Codes, Mark Up from cost, Mark down from retail, Dollar or Percent up-charges or discounts, and Quantity breaks.
- Orders with unavailable items can still be processed, the system will create a work order for assembled items, and production order for manufactured pieces
- Shipping labels are automatically created
- Print Acknowledgements, Shipping Orders ,Invoices and Bills of Lading in batches or individually
- Any order can be modified or changed at any point before the order is closed
- Back orders are created for all items not filled or confirmed on the original order
- Invoices can be customized for your company
- Many reports available:
- Open Order by Customer Report
- Requested Stock Transfer Report
- Daily Item Activity Report
- Prepayment Report
- Open Order Report
- Salesman Commission Report
- Memo Order Report
- System Order Report
- Shipping Forecasting Report
The Point-of-Sale subsystem will give you control of your inventory on the SKU level. This product will completely eliminate handwritten forms and associated back room delays by performing your POS functions in real-time. This easy to use subsystem has the flexibility to handle the variety of POS transactions common to the big ticket retail environment or the fast paced high volume environment. All sales occurring at remote stores are automatically fed into the system, giving the central office knowledge of all sales transactions. Furthermore, this system gives your retail stores immediate on-line access to other store’s and warehouse’s inventory levels. Point-of-Sale is integrated to Customer A/R, Inventory and Sales Analysis for immediate posting to receivables, and where applicable, adjustment or reservation to inventory and update of sales history and analysis.
The central office is given many new abilities with this system. They are able to respond to requested stock transfers in an immediate manner, thereby enhancing customer service. The central office is also given immediate access to cash audit reports from all of the remote stores. Finally, daily sales journals, maintained at your central office, reflect all current sales positions.
Each POS workstation has the ability to handle normal sales, print receipts, print invoices, track & record delivery, handle returns, and perform daily cash control functions. Additionally this program can generate the following retail order types: regular sale, delivery sale, will call, drop ship, and special orders
This product also maintains a full account for all customers, storing information such as: terms, tax status, ship via, salesman and commissions. Customers who are not in the database can be entered easily entered on the fly. This feature will give you many capabilities in developing your marketing campaigns, mailings, and compiling sales histories for analysis. An extended list of features include:
- Multiple ship-to address support
- Any order can be modified or changed at any point before the order is closed
- Credit for sales can be split amongst sales people
- Bar code readers for data entry of item numbers and stripe scanners for reading credit card information are available at your request
- Supports cash drawers, journal printers and receipt printers in any configuration you desire
The following reports are available in this subsystem:
- Sales Tax Report
- Memo Order Report
- Store Goal Report
- Delivery Report
- Sales Report
- Commission Report
The Production Tracking subsystem gives you computer assisted control for you manufacturing environment. This software will assist you with scheduling, batch like processes, cutting lists, piece tickets, and more. This module will also maintain and update the Master Production Schedule with New orders and schedule changes. To provide your management with the best possible information, you are given key production calculations, analysis and reports. Implementation of this product will lower your inventory carrying costs, control out of stock situations, and reduce production costs. Order Processing, Work Orders, Production Orders, Inventory, and Purchasing all integrate with Production Tracking to provide a powerful set of production tracking and support tools.
The Master Production schedule allows you to view all of your production requirements for a given process or work center. As orders or processes are rescheduled for more efficient plant operation, the new Master Production Schedule reflects these changes instantaneously to keep your plant running efficiently. All orders can be found in the system by looking up order number, customer name, etc. Operation maintenance gives you the ability to view each items production processes by work center or operation. Scheduling of new orders can be done in groups or individually, with just a few simple key-strokes. Some of the additional features of this module include:
- Piece tickets are automatically printed for each item
- Orders can be created with many variable options not defined to inventory
- Order statuses show each orders current completed processes, the date they were completed, which processes remain, and the date they are scheduled.
- Eliminate late orders by using the Potential Late Order report
- View order profitability from anticipated labor and materials costs
- POs are generated automatically from the net inventory requirements after the Master Schedule is finalized.
- Production Orders can be automatically generated for material which is produced in house.
Reports available in this module include:
- Process Structure Report
- Master Production Schedule
- Piece Tickets
- Cutting List
- Potential late Order Report
- Profit by Order Report.
- Planned Order Report
Purchase Order Tracking
The Purchase Order Tracking module will create, track, process, and receive all phases of the PO cycle. Additionally, it will calculate inventory requirements and compiles reorder reports for management. This module fully supports purchasing based on formulas using minimum and maximum reorder points, average usage by period specified, lead time and EOQ’s (Economic Order Quantity). All inventory requirements and reorder functions are tied directly into the sales analysis module; and PO tracking is integrated into Inventory, Bill of Materials, Order Processing, Sales Analysis, Accounts Payable and Production Tracking modules. The fact that sales trends are identified and purchase recommendations are made to allow inventory value to be reduced without affecting sales. Additional features of this module include:
- Automatic Number Assignment
- Automatic Entry of Vendor Information
- Add New Vendor on the Fly
- Alternate Vendor Purchase from
- Shows Both Customer & Vendor Item
- Number on Purchase Order
- Defaults Vendor Terms Codes
- Defaults Ship via Instructions
- Defaults FOB
- Defaults Purchase Unit of Measure
- Free Form Commenting
- Non-stock Purchasing
All POs can be reviewed before printing, or you can elect to have POs automatically created. The floating reorder point allows you to detect sales or usage trends up or down. The system will automatically increase or decrease the quantities to order; thereby preventing the overstocking or overbuying of materials/items falling out of favor. Some reports available with this module are:
- Open Purchase Order Report
- Delayed Purchase Order Report
- On Order by Item Report
- Scheduled Receipts Report
- Open Order by Vendor Report
- Incomplete Receiving Report
- Dollars on Order by Vendor
- Completed Purchase Order Report
The Sales Analysis module will maintain your complete sales history for a selected number of years. All data stored in this module can be accessed in reports or through inquiries. You can choose to maintain history for every individual customer or selected customers; and for each or selected items on a monthly basis for the number of years chosen. Information is maintained by quantity or dollar, and the module is fully integrated into Receivable, Inventory Control and Order Processing providing account and stock managers current sales information when they need it. Some additional features you will receive with this module include:
- Each line item sold is retained for any number of years (up to 100)
- Sales for each customer are kept by item, month, quantity, sale dollar amount, YTD sales, YTD total and all items total.
- You can track information on any combination of item, item category class, G/L class, warehouse/location, quantity, sale dollar amount, etc.
- Product class analysis gives you information for each product class; included are current month, YTD, class total, warehouse/location total and company total.
The following inquiries can be performed:
- Item Detail Inquiry - on screen inquiry for all items sold by company, warehouse/location, item number, date sold, number of units sold, sale dollar amount, profit dollar amount, units on hand at time of sale and update status.
- Item History Inquiry - on screen inquiry for all items sold by company, warehouse/location, item number and year.
- Customer/Zip History Inquiry - shows all items sold by customer or zip code
- Customer/Zip Purchase History - item, 12 month period selected, number of units, sale dollar amount, YTD sales per item, Monthly totals all items, YTD totals all items.
- Item Sales History - shows item sales by warehouse, category, item number, 12 month period selected, number of units, sale dollar amount, number of units per category and sale dollar amount per category for monthly and YTD totals.
- Category/Warehouse Summary - Shows the sales of a particular category of merchandise and how various warehouses/locations compare to each other.
- Item Profit Ranking - shows your management information regarding the profitability of your business
- MTD Sales by Territory & Salesman - shows all sales by territory and salesman or representative
- Customer Sales Summary - shows customer sales in summary form
- Customer Sales/Profit Ranking - ranking of customers based on sales or profit.
- Item Detail By Date
- Sales Detail By Date
Reviews of PCS WMS Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use PCS WMS? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!