Releasing in December 2011, Express Plus for Microsoft Dynamics NAV provides you with over 75 out-of-the-box business ready reports. Create all your basic financial reports as soon as your posting accounts setup is complete. Pivotier uses pre-defined Account Category codes to automatically generate all your core financial reports WITHOUT additional time-consuming setup and expense. Pivotier uses your existing intelligence in your Chart of Account, Dimension Value and Account Schedule line definitions to produce financial reports with automatic generation of report pages, rows and columns.
Pivotier Express Plus adds some innovations to NAV to improve reporting accuracy and value:
- G/L Account Categories - The Dynamics NAV chart of accounts is extremely flexible, but has always lacked the ability to accurately prescribe the behavior and purpose of an individual account. In addition, the ordering of the account numbering scheme does not always fit the order in which financial reports need to be viewed. Pivotier adds the G/L Account Category table to the G/L Account definition to allow users to both specify the row layouts for common reports such as Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement, as well as a Category Type field which internally defines the accounting purpose for an account.
- Unposted Dimension Values - Transactions are often posted without a dimension value. Pivotier reports such as Balances by Dimension automatically alias these entries to the value “NONE” so that dimensional reports show all data. *Fully Qualified Accounts (FQA) - Global dimensions are a vital component of the Dynamics NAV general ledger. Pivotier adds support for FQA reporting in the Detail Trial Balance Report where the combination of G/L Account and Global Dimensions is used to organize the account detail information
Latest and Greatest Microsoft Tools and Technologies - Pivotier continues to use the very latest Microsoft reporting tools and technologies such as:
- Report Definition Language (RDL) – using the very newest 2008 and 2010 specifications
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 – for maximum compatibility with Microsoft’s latest RDL and development tools
- SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSBIDS) – aka Visual Studio Report Designer to ensure that your NAV developers use the newest and latest reporting tools from Microsoft
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) – Pivotier uses true RDL versus the lighter RDLC used by base NAV to ensure that your reports can be deployed and scheduled using SSRS in a web browser with Pivotier WEB.
New Report Styles Set a New Standard for NAV Reports - Reports were designed based on decades of ERP experience plus an evaluation of competing products. Pivotier uses the following standardized report formats for producing new reports:
- Dashboards – reports which consist of multiple charts and gauges to highlight key numbers.
- Trend – reports which create columnar content by day, month or year.
- Comparative – reports which compare current period information to the prior year with variances.
- Matrix – reports which produce dynamic columns for periods or dimensions.
- Listing – simple listing reports with enhanced functionality for sorting and publishing.
- Specific – reports which are improved by a unique layout to improve readability.