PTC Windchill offers comprehensive capabilities to help manufacturers manage their products through all phases of the product lifecycle. Its robust, high-performing architecture was designed for today’s global environment.
As the central repository for all product-related information, PTC Windchill helps companies enhance their productivity and improve their products’ quality and performance.
Manage Your Product Content — from Concept to Service
Within today’s highly competitive, geographically dispersed design and manufacturing environments, effectively managing product content has never been more important. The consequences of using outdated versions, losing files or failing to properly incorporate engineering changes can be severe, resulting in revenue and profitability declines as well as market share erosion.
Manage CAD Models
PTC Windchill centrally manages models created with PTC Creo as well as all major CAD applications. If you want to change a model, you first need to “check out” the model from PTC Windchill to ensure that only one user at a time can make design changes. This prevents the confusion that results when multiple changes, some of which can be contradictory to one another, are made simultaneously.
One Location for all Product Information
PTC Windchill is the central repository for all product information. As such, there is a “single source of truth” for all product-related content such as CAD models, documents, technical illustrations, embedded software, calculations and requirement specifications. PTC Windchill also remembers the entire history for every piece of content as well as the relationships between content. And, search tools within PTC Windchill to help you quickly find the information you need.
Any particular part in PTC Windchill can be reused across numerous product structures; the original part definition is automatically referenced within other product structures. As such, when you make a change to a part in PTC Windchill, the updated information automatically appears in any product that uses that part. By reusing existing content, this type of “building block” design saves a great deal of time and enhances overall efficiency.
PTC Windchill offers organizations comprehensive change management that builds upon the CAD management capabilities that everyone is already using. It is ideally suited for today’s complex manufacturing environment — one in which stakeholders tasked with approval responsibilities are often scattered around the globe. PTC Windchill makes sure that every required approval has happened and then prescribes an appropriate course of action (e.g., if the change is approved, automatically generate a change notice).
PTC Windchill lets you define and manage all the different tasks within a project. PTC Windchill determines which tasks are interrelated, which can be done in parallel and those that must be done sequentially. It connects tasks with relevant content that’s already stored in the central repository. For example, if a given task necessitates approval of a requirements document, a link is established between the two — so when an individual is assigned a task, they simultaneously have access to the document.
In serving as a collaboration platform for today’s geographically dispersed organizations, PTC Windchill streamlines the exchange of files — large and small. It provides a centralized location in which all stakeholders — including external groups, such as partners, vendors and customers — can share content like designs and other critical information. Furthermore, you can securely control the content each participant sees and accesses.
Product teams are increasingly distributed with key team members, as well as partners and suppliers, located all over the globe. Effective collaboration requires both the centralized storage of product content and the means to effectively share it with all those who require it.
PTC Windchill collaboration offers tools that create the virtual equivalent of having all participants in the same room, at the same time, looking at the same data. With PTC Windchill collaboration, all information may be easily and securely accessed — anytime, anywhere.
The ability to leverage data created during the product development process is a strategic advantage for manufacturing companies. The heterogeneous CAD capabilities of PTC Windchill allow enterprises to capture, control and share complex design information from many ECAD and MCAD applications within a single enterprise environment, and even within a single product structure.
Features & Benefits
- Fully incorporate data from multiple ECAD/MCAD products into standard product development processes that span multiple organizations
- Eliminate mistakes from using duplicate or incomplete data by managing data from multiple CAD systems in a single, controlled location
- Centralize the management of business processes, such as change control
- Provide product stakeholders with accurate, up-to-date product content
- Increase operating efficiency by reusing design data and reducing design steps
Product and Process Control
When all product stakeholders are accessing a single, trusted, central data repository, manufacturers have the power to expertly manage all forms of digital product data — including mechanical, electrical and software.
PTC Windchill PDMLink is a Web-based, industry-proven Product Data Management (PDM) system that supports geographically dispersed teams while managing critical processes such as content, change and configuration management. PTC Windchill PDMLink allows you to create and manage product structure views such as “As-Designed” and “As-Planned,” thereby optimizing configuration management. Now anyone, anywhere within the enterprise or extended supply chain can communicate and collaborate by accessing the tools in PTC Windchill PDMLink.
Features & Benefits
- Global access — Enables Web-based access to a current product data management repository
- Seamless connections — Enables access to multiple mechanical/electrical * CAD applications, embedded software tools, desktop applications and ERP systems
- Prevents design errors — Controls and automates product development processes, improving quality and reliability
- Improved innovation — Facilitates rapid development of new products with powerful configurations tools
- Complete integration — Works with PTC Mathcad, PTC Integrity, PTC Arbortext, PTC Creo and PTC Windchill ProjectLink for cross-enterprise collaboration
Web-Based Project Collaboration
Today’s challenging global environment demands effective collaboration. With PTC Windchill ProjectLink, you can securely harness the talents and energy of the entire team — inside or outside your firewall. By creating a virtual workspace, PTC Windchill ProjectLink provides instant access to the right product and project management information at the right time, keeping the team aligned, on track and moving forward.
Using pre-built, workflow-driven project and document templates, PTC Windchill ProjectLink helps ensure that cross-functional processes are in accord with prescribed standards. It also formalizes critical quality management methodologies, such as Six Sigma, advanced product quality planning (APQP) and ISO 9000.
Features & Benefits
- Automates key business processes — Optimizes new product introduction, * Six Sigma and Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Fully Integrated — Works with numerous mechanical and electrical CAD solutions, Microsoft Office applications and Windows desktop
- Accelerated time-to-market — Provides real-time visibility to current documents, parts and plan information
- Improved innovation — Optimizes real-time group collaboration, both inside and outside your firewall
- Seamless integration — Works with PTC Creo and PTC Windchill PDMLink for all cross-enterprise activities
Reviews of PTC Windchill Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use PTC Windchill? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!