Leveraging the power of the Cloud, Deltek First Essentials provides everything small and mid-sized govcons need to be profitable and compliant. Whether your organization has 10 or 100 employees, Essentials includes the right starter package to manage your books, control project costs, and meet labor/time keeping requirements.
Essentials offers you:
- Comprehensive Accounting: A comprehensive accounting solution that not only manages your books, but also solves complex project accounting challenges including indirect rates, cost pool management, automated contract billings, and revenue recognition. With a deep Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), you can easily & projects to a summary level or get detailed information by contract and task with key information pertaining to a project’s profitability.
- Job Cost & Project Manager Reporting: Essentials offers extensive job cost reporting including job summary reports, T&M sales worksheets, contract revenue and cost reporting, labor utilization reports and others in real-time. This avoids the need to analyze data off-line as Deltek First can provide detailed and summary views of every operational and project aspect. And with 180 built-in reports for your Project Managers, they are well armed and informed to bring projects in on schedule and on budget.
- Time Keeping: Essentials makes it easy to track labor, payroll, and billing activities by project, department, or other categories. Project managers can grant or restrict project access and check hours charged to their projects, so there are no unauthorized charges. Unlike the competition, our time keeping solution is fully integrated with the general ledger, so it’s simple to automate administrative tasks and reduce DSO by ensuring accurate labor charges. We even provide five seats of expense management with Essentials, so as work-related travel is required it’s easy to be JTR/FTR compliant.
- Interface with Payroll Providers: Essentials integrates with leading payroll providers including ADP, Paychex, and Ceridian.
You can further grow your business by adding business development capabilities including market intelligence, CRM and proposal automation.
Deltek First Essentials Plus
Essentials Plus provides everything a growing Govcon needs to be successful in one package. In addition to the project accounting & time keeping capabilities in Essentials, Essentials Plus takes your fast-growing organization to the next level. Additional functionality included in Essentials Plus includes:
- Budgeting & Planning: End spreadsheet chaos now and enforce consistency and accountability into your budgeting process! By empowering finance, organizational managers and project managers with access to up-to-date, accurate information, it’s simple to develop, adjust, audit, approve and re-forecast project budgets and annual operating plans. This module of Essentials Plus combines project and organizational budgeting, resource visibility, indirect rate forecasting and project and financial reporting.
- Ad-hoc Reporting: In addition to the canned reports in Essentials, Essentials Plus offers ad-hoc reporting capabilities. This enables you to view information across the entire organization so you obtain a complete view of everything project and business-related by pulling data from various sources including projects, financials, people, and operations.
- Business Intelligence & Analytics: By providing actionable information on critical issues, Essential Plus enables you to identify negative trends, allowing immediate response and correction. With the ability to drill down into specific charts and reports, you can determine the root cause of problems as well as measure efficiencies/inefficiencies of project operations and labor resources. Essentials Plus provides out-of-the-box financial, project and resource metrics including Days Sales Outstanding, G&A unallowables, revenue, profitability, top/bottom performing contracts, and labor utilization.
Essentials Plus also includes additional access to our expense management solution, supporting the travel and compliance needs of up to 30% of your employees. You can further grow your business by adding business development capabilities including market intelligence, CRM and proposal automation.
A comprehensive accounting solution that not only manages your books, but also solves complex project accounting challenges including indirect rates, cost pool management, automated contract billings and revenue recognition. With a deep Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), you can easily “roll up” projects to a summary level or get detailed information by contract and task with key information pertaining to a project’s profitability.
Reviews of Deltek First Essentials Write a Review
An anonymous Deltek First Essentials user says...
Our business has used GCS (now known as First Essentials) for many years and now that our parent company is moving to SAP, we’re reconsidering our ERP. However, upgrading seems to be too big and too much. We’re also using Deltek Time & Expense outside of GCS and I’m not enamored by it.