Power Accounting is a modular accounting system designed for networks, Unix, and Linux environments. A variety of vertical modules are also available to handle retail point-of-sale, food and beverage/restaurants, wholesale/distribution, and service management.
Streamline the often cumbersome task of payables management with the Accounts Payable module from Samco’s Power Accounting suite. With A/P you’ll be able to control disbursements, automatically take advantage of vendor terms and discounts, improve credit positioning, project cash requirements, and have historical data available for viewing or reporting. Plus, A/P seamlessly integrates with Bank Reconciliation, Purchase Order, Purchasing Plus, General Ledger, and Job Cost.
- Support both proximo and net vendor terms
- Keep unlimited context-sensitive notes for vendors and transactions.
- Track Canadian GST and US 1099
- Customize forms to fit any cheque format
- Handle discounts and terms on a transaction by transaction basis
- Support unlimited AP and cash accounts for grouping and reporting.
- Track separate purchasing addresses.
- Define aging periods by invoice or due date.
- Safely allow multiple users to access and update the same record.
- Distribute payments from AR customers for contra situations.
- Retain history of transactions and payments for each vendor and of GL distribution accounts.
Effective cash flow and client management is critical to the long term success of any business. The Accounts Receivable module gives you the tools to take and keep control of your client base. Accenting the robust reporting features, you’ll also have instant access to information from any workstation and from anywhere in the Samco system; including a customer’s account aging with average days to pay, customer details including user defined fields and ship-to addresses, plus invoice detail can be brought up while viewing a customer’s account. What is even more impressive is that it is easy to use and manage.
- Handles balance forward and open item customers in the same database.
- 30 User defined fields.
- Term codes for specific days of the month (proximo billing), or net terms.
- Aging summaries.
- Calculate commission percentages.
- Notes for each customer.
- Import AR transactions from third party programs for posting.
- Use recurring sales transactions.
- Enter cash receipts applied to oldest outstanding items.
- Handle finance charges.
- Prepare bank deposits and print slips.
Bank Reconciliation can help you maintain checkbooks, track deposits, and reconcile checking accounts with bank statements. You’ll have instant access to important checking account information, and can avoid tedious manual reconciliation methods. Plus it seamlessly integrates with the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Canadian Payroll packages.
- Save time with reduced manual entry.
- Increase accuracy with automation of reconciliation processes.
- Improve other accounting functions with integration.
- Gain insight with a better analysis of business cash-flow.
- Reduce risks with insightful reporting.
- Manage multiple chequing accounts.
- Track deposits.
- Reconcile accounts with statements
- Integration with Samco Power Accounting.
- Entry of balance forward items can be entered manually.
- Handle stop payments and voided cheques.
- Enter, edit and print chequebook items.
- Quick inquiry into any account.
- Close check books and remove obsolete entries
The speed and accuracy with which you handle customer orders (service your customers) is key to the success of your business. Billing provides you with the tools needed to speed up sales and order lines.
These include inventory verification when entering orders, immediate information on customers, automatic discount levels calculated or contract price selection, plus rapid and accurate billing.
One of the keys to Samco’s Billing module is its flexibility. Used in a variety of business types, O/E+ can be molded to suit your specific needs.
- Enter or edit orders and credits directly.
- Enter and print quotes for future use.
- Add new customers or items ‘on-the-fly’ during invoicing or order entry.
- Attach notes to orders.
- Use multiple currencies.
- Consolidate multiple orders into a single customer order.
- Create personalized invoices with predefined forms.
- Reduce data entry by linking to Samco Power Accounting modules.
- Print picking tickets, shipping labels, waybills with the order or when invoicing.
- Calculate commissions for each item.
- Display alternate items and availability across multiple warehouses.
- View invoice history on demand.
- Replenish back-orders as inventory becomes available.
- Enter and print multiple lines of text for orders and line items.
- Use separate bill-to and ship-to addresses.
- Void and track invoices when making changes.
- Calculate total weights or volume of an order.
- Print various reports, open orders, back orders, histories, void invoices, etc.
Samco’s Canadian Payroll system is the result of over 14 years of refinements. Able to meet the needs of the smallest to the largest of payrolls in a wide variety of industries. For those companies using manual punch cards or time sheet system for hourly employees, you will be able to eliminate this time consuming function by integrating Samco’s Time and Attendance with Canadian Payroll.
Time and Attendance is a full featured data collection system that passes time transactions through to the Canadian Payroll package - no more worksheets, punch cards, or spreadsheets to deal with.
Plus, Time and Attendance accurately tracks attendance details allowing you to pinpoint problem employees (ideal for those periodic employee evaluations).
- Add and maintain employee records.
- Support for Canadian territories, provinces and employees working abroad.
- Define 9,999 different departments.
- Support for direct deposit.
- Support various means of compensation.
- Track multiple unions, departments, cash advances and more.
- Year end rollover allows you to continue payroll and T4/T4A generation without interruption.
- Automatically generate general ledger entries.
Business professionals, like yourself, look for flexibility, ease-of-use, and power from a financial collection and reporting system. Which is why thousands of users world wide look to the General Ledger module from Samco’s Power Accounting suite to fulfill those needs.
The result of over 17 years of refinements, the G/L module reflects the features demanded by large organizations, while still being user friendly.
- An easy to use and powerful features make bookkeeping a breeze.
- Familiar and intuitive reporting gives bookkeepers power to quickly format and prepare reports.
- A series of standard reports get you preparing financial statements instantly.
- Standard reports include: Analysis of Changes in Working Capital, Balance Sheet, Budgets, Cash Flow, Profit and Loss (P&L) Statements, Statements of Changes of Financial Position, Trial Balance, Various Supporting Schedules.
- True date sensitivity.
- Flexible account structure.
- Multiple users.
- Multiple companies.
- Import export data for use in your other office applications (MS Excel etc.)
- 13 user defined accounting periods.
- Customize financial statements.
- Track journal entries by user.
- Print up to date statements anytime.
- Support values up to $999,999,999,999.99.
- Consolidate between companies.
- Reverse accrual entries in the next period automatically.
- Verify data is balanced before posting.
Global/DX is a multi-faceted enhancement module for Samco’s Power Accounting System that provides extensions for:
EDI…. Extensive EDI enhancements for handling inbound and outbound documents with most EDI translation packages; supporting a wide range of document types. (Professional Edition only)
Data Collecting…. Importing of data from data collection devices, portable computers, vendor pricing files, and other hid party software applications.
Third Party Application Integration… Exporting of data for sending to remote sales reps, customers (i.e. price lists), and third party application software.
Global/DX Lite is comprised of the data collecting and third party application integration tools only and is upgradable to the Professional Edition with EDI features.
Inventory Management helps you track product usage and costs, and maintain inventory at optimum levels. Having too much cash tied up in slow or non-selling items, or running out of fast-moving items can have a major impact on your financial success.
With Inventory Management you’ll have complete information about the value of your inventory, quantities on hand, quantities committed, and the flow of inventory items sold by your business on a constant basis.
Inventory Management also incorporates a complete kit processing system with bill of materials processing which integrates with Point-of-Sale and Order Entry Plus.
- Get real-time insight into inventory trends.
- Eliminate manual counting and inventory management using digital counting and monitoring.
- Monitor inventory margins to provide a picture of inventory costs.
- Improve your relationship with suppliers.
- Easily conform to industry standards with optional industry specific modules linked with inventory control.
- Increase operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Manage purchasing and vendors to streamline replenishment processes.
- Delve into inventory history to forecast trends and levels.
- Track items across locations.
- Define stock in kits or assemblies.
- Barcode and scanning.
- Reorder levels for seasonal movement.
- Serialized items.
- Commission codes.
- Purchasing advice.
- Lot numbers.
- Inventory adjustment codes.
- Quick stock status.
- Flexible pricing.
- Customizable search.
- Detailed item histories.
- Surtaxes and tax status.
- Multiple warehouses.
Job Cost provides the tools you need to track costs, income, and profits related to specific jobs and sub-jobs. Reports which tabulate and examine costs, compare actual with budgeted or estimated costs, and track job billings and payments are available.
Updated estimates of costs to complete a job are provided to help you manage and maintain profitability. Your ability to control job costs and bring projects in, at, or under budget is directly related to your profitability.
Job Cost helps you achieve this by providing accurate and up-to-date information.
- Enter and edit new and in-progress jobs.
- Track costs including labour and materials.
- Enter budgets for all detailed costs.
- Enter complete estimates for jobs.
- Copy from one job to another to create new jobs quickly.
- Save completed jobs and restore to active status.
- Enter transactions across the accounting applications and see them in Job Cost.
- Personalize jobs with up to 30 user-defined fields.
MenuPoint was built from the ground up to offer food and beverage service providers a flexible, reliable, and usable solution without being tied to a proprietary hardware or operating system platform. MenuPoint features dozens of ‘must have’s’ demanded by today’s savvy restaurateur.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to use touch screen interface.
- Jumbo buttons make it easy to use.
- Menus (i.e. breakfast, lunch, etc.) activated by time of day.
- Standard Windows 32-bit platform.
- Multiple sales locations (bar, restaurant etc.) within a single site with unique identities.
- Multiple stations within each location.
- Customizable buttons can represent a system function, a menu item, a modifier, a list, a tender, or a discount.
- Customizable lists can be as long and as deep as they have to be. A basic list might be salad dressing choices, or meat preparation preference.
- Floating tabs for situations like drinks in the lounge and the meal in the restaurant.
- Button assignments can be made to items, menu categories, modifiers, discounts, tenders, special functions, and more.
- Customizable server X readings.
- Modifiers on menu items allow the server to easily customize a meal.
- Unlimited menu items.
- Unlimited modifiers to handle virtually any situation or level of complexity.
- Receipt routing to up to 9 different printers by location, depending on the item type.
- Customizable auto log out.
- Fast Key modes speed up entry.
- Supports multiple currencies.
- Overhead costs can be added to items to handle additional costs.
- Onetime promotions for special occasions.
- Guest check review before generating the check.
- Tender movement allows the correction of a cash receipt applied to the wrong tender type.
- Transaction reversal (security willing).
- Transactions by business day as opposed to calendar day.
- Supports cash paid outs.
- User definable receipts and forms.
- Unlimited tender types.
- Security by user.
- Items can be prioritized as to where they print on the receipt.
- Item price groups make it easy to price similar items.
- Specials can span certain times of day on certain days.
- Repeat function makes it easy to duplicate items on a tab.
- Automatic creation of items that simply piggy back other items.
- Optional inventory module.
- Prepaid items can be added to the tab without affecting the servers cash.
- Discounts can be predetermined with optional operator override.
- Surcharges can be set up to handle automatic gratuities, table minimum charges, room charges, etc.
- User definable receipt printers.
- Predefined screen layouts for quick and easy start up!
- Scale support for inventory control.
- Negative value modifiers can be applied to reduce the selling price and positive value modifiers to increase the price.
- Items can be moved between tabs.
- Multiple lists can be added to an item. For example, the 8oz blackened sirloin steak dinner entree will bring up lists for how the patron wants the steak cooked, the salad type they would prefer, and the side dishes they would prefer.
- Advanced pricing allows you the manager to set prices ahead of time that will take affect on a certain date.
- Easily review bills at the touch of a button.
- Price Change Log
- G/L Distributions
- Price List
- Recipe List
- Transactions Report
- Sales by Category
- Comparative Sales
- Discount Analysis
- Server Sales by Item
- Server Sales
- Hourly report
Samco’s MenuPoint module can be run as a stand-alone application or integrated with Inventory Plus for total inventory management, Purchasing Plus for managing purchasing requirements, Chit Manager for club membership management, General Ledger for financial reporting, Accounts Receivable for on account customer management, and Sales Analysis for reporting. Rounding out a complete solution, you may also consider adding Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation, ODBC Toolkit, Time and Attendance, and Canadian Payroll.
The retail environment is changing. It’s never been more competitive or more complex. You know that. You know you must keep abreast of buying trends, market conditions, new products and tough competition.
But, most importantly, you need to know what’s going on in your business every minute. That means accurate, up-to-date sales, inventory, and accounting information. With Point-of-Sale, a member of Samco’s Power Accounting System, you’ll stay up-to-date.
Every minute. Every day. Automatically. It’s that simple. What’s more, it’s backed by a company who’s spent over 15 years providing business with automated accounting solutions that work.
- Identify customers and track purchase history.
- Reduce costs through well managed inventory.
- Gain insight into sales performance with commission and time tracking.
- Increase accounting accuracy and efficiency reducing costs.
- Reduce costs by increasing checkout accuracy.
- Manage decisions with ease knowing data is current.
- Develop insight in sales performance.
- Track valuable inventory information.
- Barcode scanning.
- Easily incorporate commissions into your sales process.
- Manage promotions and non-sales like layaway or credit purchases.
- Virtually limitless reporting
- Automate reordering and shipping.
- Allow password restrictions.
- Maintain accurate perpetual inventory.
- Fully integrated sales analysis.
- Minimize check out errors.
- Record sales transactions with automatically include taxes, use correct pricing and record customer history.
Purchasing helps you order goods and services from vendors. You can identify what should be purchased, record what has been purchased, print purchase orders, expedite shipments and handle receivings.
Making the best purchasing decisions possible and ensuring that goods you need arrive in a timely manner will help your business succeed.
- Interface with Samco Power Accounting.
- Full purchasing cycle support.
- Printing with forms.
- Enter multiple deliver-to locations.
- Record “ordered-by”, delivery schedule by line item and enter unknown prices.
- Flexible viewing to see PO by item, vendor, receiving and vendors.
- Maintain purchasing history for negotiating later contracts.
- Excellent reporting capability for budgeting, cost analysis, time management and historical analysis.
Sales Analysis is the ideal management tool for pulling out the real information from your raw data for analyzing sales, product usage and customer purchases.
The reports provided will enable you to spot your best customers, best selling items and services, productive sales reps, strong sales regions, the type of customer buying certain items, and more.
Analyzing your product sales and customer purchases will allow you to make informed management decisions and develop sales strategies. You will be able to better manage inventory and stock items to best meet the needs of your customers.
Features & Benefits
Use one of the 15 standard reports or custom design your own. (Number of reports available varies depending on the modules installed.)
Customer… The Customer report shows period-to-date, year-to-date and last year’s sales, cost of sales, gross profit figures, and margin percent for each customer. Each customer’s percent of total sales and percent of gross profit is also provided.
Customer Type… This report provides the same information as the Sales Analysis by Customer, but customers are grouped and subtotaled by customer type. (Customer type is a user-defined code in your Accounts Receivable package for identifying groups of customers.) For each customer type printed, you can see total sales, total cost of sales, total gross profit, percent of total sales, and percent of total gross profit.
- Customer Sales Volume… Customer Sales Volume lists customers in order by sales volume. It shows sales, cost of sales, gross profit figures, and margin percent, as well as each customer’s percent of total sales and percent of total gross profit. Customer’s can be printed in order by either period-to-date, year-to-date, or last year’s sales dollar volume. You can optionally specify a minimum dollar volume, or specify to print only the top ten, hundred, thousand, etc., customers. From this report, you can determine those customers who make the most purchases from your business.
- Actual Sales Rep… Two formats are available for the Actual Sales Rep report: summary and detail. For each sales rep, the summary format shows the sales amount, percent of total company sales, cost of sales, profit, margin percent, commission amount, and commission percent of sales. The detail format shows the above information for each customer for each sales rep. From this information, you can analyze sales related directly to individual sales reps.
Customers for an Item… This report shows the same information as the Items for a Customer report, but is arranged by item. It shows the customers who purchased each item printed.
- Responsible Sales Rep… This report shows sales, cost of sales, and profit figures for the period-to-date, the year-to-date, and the last year for each customer, with customers categorized by the customer’s assigned sales representative. A summary lists sales rep totals only. Customers are listed by responsible sales rep. This is the sales rep assigned to the customer on the customer record. This is not necessarily the actual sales rep who made each sale to that customer.
- Province/State… This report shows sales, cost of sales, and profit figures for the period-to-date, the year-to-date, and the last year for each customer, with the customers in order by province/state. A summary of individual province /state totals is printed at the end of the detailed report, or can be printed separately as a summary version of the report.
- Postal / Zip Code… This report shows sales, cost of sales, and profit figures for the period-to-date , the year-to-date, and last year for each customer, with the customers in order by the postal/zip code. A summary of individual postal code totals is printed at the end of the detailed version of the report. Optionally, you can print the summary portion of the report only.
- Item… The Item report shows basic sales information for each item in Inventory Plus. The information printed includes quantity sold, quantity returned, sales amount, costs, gross profit, margin percent, and each item’s percent of total sales and percent of total gross profit, by both period-to-date and year-to-date. Prior period amounts can also be shown.
Category… This report shows the same information as the Item report, but items are grouped and subtotaled by item category or sub-category. For each item category or sub-category printed, you can see total sales, cost of sales, total gross profit, percent of total sales, and percent of total gross profit.
- Item Sales Volume… Item Sales Volume lists items in order by sales volume. It shows sales, cost of sales, gross profit, and margin percent figures, as well as each item’s percent of total sales and percent of total gross profit.
- Items for a Customer… The Items for a Customer report shows quantity sold, sales, percent of sales, cost of sales, profit, and margin for each item printed. A range of items within up to four reporting periods can be selected. Comparisons can also be made against information from prior periods.
Services for a Customer… Specific to Professional Invoicing, the Services for a Customer report shows quantity sold, sales,percent of sales, cost of sales, profit, and margin for services purchased by each customer. A range of services within up to four reporting periods can be selected.
- Customers for a Service… This report shows the same information as Services for a Customer, but is arranged by service. It shows the customers who purchased each service.
- User Defined… Differentiating itself from the traditional Sales Analysis reports, the User Defined report allows you to select the information you want to see, and in the order you want to see it. With 5 levels of detail, 4 separate reporting periods, and various other detail options, you can generate a report best suited to your needs ; without being a programmer.
Scheduler is an effective tool for maintaining calendars for people, places, or things. Ideal in workgroup environments or for dispatching, Scheduler will help you keep track of meetings, delivery vehicles, rooms, equipment, maintenance people, and much, much more.
- Create and maintain schedules for an unlimited number of resources.
- Automatic data transfer to accounts payable and payroll modules.
- Create profile templates to use powerful search capabilities.
- Set time intervals.
- Make reservations.
- Track appointments by code.
- Easy access from all modules.
Service Manager is a dispatch, tracking, and billing system designed specifically for the service industry. Integrating seamlessly with the Inventory Plus and Accounts Receivable modules, Service Manager provides the power to draw upon and manage multiple parts warehouses, keep on top of service agreements, monitor customer equipment, tackle service billing, dispatch service personnel, plus a whole lot more.
With an ocean of reports available, Service Manager will turn your service department into a fine tuned and more profitable machine.
Time & Attendance
Time cards, columnar pads, and late nights reconciling payroll time transactions. If this sounds all too familiar, you’re in for a real treat.
Samco’s Time & Attendance, a fully automated time collection system, eliminates the tremendous waste associated with manual employee time collection and processing. What would take hours, if not days, can be handled quickly and accurately in a fraction of the time with Time and Attendance.
- Save time with reduced manual entry.
- Increase accuracy with automation of reconciliation processes.
- Improve other accounting functions with integration.
- Gain insight with a better analysis of business cash-flow.
- Gain insight into labour costs.
- Evaluate employees easily.
- Minimize the time spent on government paperwork.
- Track and record employee time.
- Use multiple clocks with biometric, barcode or magnetic strip scanners.
- Maintain different shifts.
- Track statutory holidays and absences.
- Define different jobs or job sites.
- Create employee work calendars.
- Interface with Samco Payroll and automatically transfer data.
- Create work schedules based on shift definitions.
- Manager access and non-manager access.
- Rounding of shifts to the nearest minute.
Reviews of Samco Power Accounting Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use Samco Power Accounting? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!